[PP-F1] The path to becoming a blacksmith<<Earning a living>> (Takao)

ID: 25617

BD: 6 (-1=5) (FAIL)

Xion nodded in agreement to Takao, his eyes trained on the constantly moving silhouette in front of Takao. It's movements were hard to track, he could only tell where it was, not what it was doing. "Hmmm can't see the bloody thing..." Xion mumbled to himself, before jumping out from behind Takao and attempting to slash at the Lizardman's chest. Unfortunately, due to the dim lighting in the cave Xion missed, and was forced to retreat behind Takao again. 

"Sorry Takao, it's too dark in here..." Xion said, more than a little put off by his two failures in a row. 

Xion (19/19) [HATE: 1]

Takao (49/49) [HATE: 2]

Lizardman welp (5/25)  

Putting oneself in the mentality that a menacing curved sword digging into your shoulder didn't hurt was a difficult one, especially for somebody with such an active imagination like Takao. It was exceptionally easy for him to imagine how the pain would feel, and thus, in a weird mental way, he did feel a bit of pain as the Lizardman broke the stalemate and caught Takao's left shoulder with the curve of its blade. A large red wound decorated with an internal white lattice design appeared where the blade had struck, though a fleeting glance at his health bar confirmed that the hit had barely scratched his health. His armour did a swell job at mitigating damage, especially on low level monsters like the ones that inhabited the first floor. After Takao's attempt to block the Lizardman's swing missed, he returned to his previous position in the middle.

He turned his head to the left as if to glance over his shoulder, though his eyes never left their hissing adversary. "No worries. I'm not used to fighting in the dark like this either. After this we'll look for some materials and head out." It seemed like the best idea given their difference in level, especially with Takao going in first. It meant that stronger monsters would be spawning, ones that were above Xion's level. Takao noted this was a dangerous situation, especially given their disadvantage.

- -

« Battle Sequence Â»

Lizardman Whelp Â» Takao Â» Xion

» ID : [[ 25618 ]]

» BD : [[ 1 - 1(Darkness) = 0 ]] 

» MD 3 : [[ *10* - 3(EVA) = 7 ]] (+2 critical damage)

« Takao Â»

[[ 48/49 HP ]] [[ HATE : 2 ]] (1(DMG) + 2 critical - 4(MIT) = -1 HP)

« Xion »

[[ 19/19 HP ]] [[ HATE : 1 ]]

« Lizardman Whelp Â»

[[ 5/25 HP ]]

ID: 25622

BD: 5 (-1=4) Fail 

Xion stuck behind Takao, there was no way that he could strike the creature in this dim light. "Take the last hit Takao I can't kill it..." Xion said, waiting for Takao to strike the beast

Takao grunted as his sword raised to block another attack, the two pieces of forged metal clashing and ringing unpleasantly loud in his ears. He failed to notice the shield that came his way, or rather lacked the ability to react quick enough. The Lizardman socked him in the stomach with the edge of the shield, knocking off another single point of of his health. He huffed out a breath and grumbled, musing about how this was worse than fighting a high level monster. At least a high level monster would finish you off quick, taking such minuscule amounts of damage over and over wasn't just humiliating, it was also a bit frustrating. But, as usual, frustration was not a common word in Takao's vocabulary, and instead he only became more and more motivated to actually put the thing out of its misery.

"That's easier said than done, man! This thing's like a snake!" He paused for a moment as his eyes set on the reptile, and he blinked. "Because it's slippery and hard to hit, I mean. Not because it's actually a snake... lizard... guy thing."

- -

« Battle Sequence Â»

» ID : [[ 25624 ]]

» BD : [[ 3 - 1(Darkness) = 2 ]] 

« Takao Â»

[[ 47/49 HP ]] [[ HATE : 2 ]] (1(DMG) + 2 critical - 4(MIT) = -1 HP)

« Xion »

« Lizardman Whelp Â»

[[ 5/25 HP ]]

ID: 25627

BD: 3 (-1=2) (FAIL)

Xion tried to attack the lizardman once again, attempting to give takao a chance to kill it. He ran forwards and attempted to lunged at the creature's chest, but his attack was blocked by it's shield, and there was an explosion of sparks. Xion saw the Lizard's yellow slit eyes staring at him unblinkingly, as if staring straight into his soul. 

Xion backed off once more "We need to kill this thing at some point...."

Takao exhaled another grunt as the Lizardman's blade sank into his digital flesh, this time catching on his left arm. The low light made it difficult to evade, and even more difficult to ensure that the beast's aggressiveness stayed solely focused on him. He was lucky to have his armour, which seemed to mitigate all of its damage down to a barely noticeable amount. Finally, Takao had enough. He slammed his right foot on the ground and positioned the blade at his side with both hands grasping the handle - his right pressed firmly against the guard while his left holding the pommel. With the positioning correct, his sword began to glow a bright green and emit a strange sound. In the next instant, he'd taken a step forward, and cleaved deep into the Lizardman's side. The last of its health whittled away into nothing, and it exploded into bright and colourful shards. Takao turned back to Xion and rested his sword over his right shoulder.

"I don't think I like fighting in caves after all."

- -

(rolled three 10s in a row. gosh dang.)

« Battle Sequence Â»

» ID : [[ 25631 ]]

» BD : [[ 6 - 1(Darkness) + 1(LMT) = 6 ]] 

« Takao Â»

[[ 46/49 HP ]] [[ HATE : 3 ]] (1(DMG) + 2 critical - 4(MIT) = -1 HP)

« Xion »

« Lizardman Whelp Â»

[[ 0/25 HP ]] (8(DMG) -8 HP)

Xion fell to the ground, exhausted... he had barely hit the creature, but his numerous attempts had tired him out. "I don't like this... bloody hate the dark..." he said, attempting to catch his breath. He looked at the Impravidor, shaking in his hands. "Weak.... that's all I am...weak.." he said to himself, as he watched the blade shake in his hand. 

"Takao...if all fights are gonna be like this then I don't think we will be able to do this..."

Takao watched Xion's silhouette from the corner of his eye as he scratched the side of his head. He returned to glancing around the cave and found it to sound mostly empty, though the faintest hints of noise in the distance didn't let him feel confident about the thought. Ultimately he shrugged and moved closer to Xion, patting him on the shoulder as he heard the muttering. "Don't sweat it too much, man. Everybody started out at the bottom. You gotta be bad at something before you can be good at something." He offered a few simple words of encouragement before beginning to head back toward the light of the cave entrance.

"We'll head out and find the stuff you need somewhere else. If we can't, I'll just go in alone next time and take care of it. No biggie. How much stuff did you need, anyway?"

" Some, enough to make a shield max. I think the NPC will make up the difference in MATS if need be I think..." Xion said, getting up and sheathing his sword. "Sorry...I just don't deal with the dark well..." he said, trying to ignore the never-ending darkness both in front and behind him. 

He then turned to Takao "If you want to continue that is, you took quite a beating in that fight...doesn't help that I wasn't able to hit the thing. The next one will be a better fight" He said, checking his inventory and HP, he hadn't been scratched, but Takao had been taking all of the aggro: another reminder that alone, Xion would be useless. 

Takao nodded along as he spoke while still heading toward the cave's exit. They hadn't gone very far in before encountering the humanoid lizard creature, just far enough for the sunlight outside to fade into nothingness. A mere minute or two of careful walking and they were back into the light, though his eyes had trouble readjusting to the brightness. "It's all good. I have some blacksmith related materials on me that you can borrow if the NPC can't cover the difference. Why don't we head back and check it out?" Takao turned to face him and rolled his shoulders. "Oh, you can keep the sword if you want to. It's just an old quest reward, you'll be able to make yourself a better one in no time."

Xion followed Takao out of the cave, and took a deep breath of fresh air as they emerged. "Thanks, I hope you don't mind, seeing as we weren't able to gather any". He then listened to Takao's comment about the sword "I'll keep it for a while, a sword and shield is better than just a sword" he said, before walking back to the town of beginnings, and towards the house of the NPC that had given him the quest. 

Xion then turned to Takao "Can I have the MATS?"

Takao walked alongside Xion for the duration of their trip back to the Town of Beginnings, which would take another hour, give or take. When they'd finally arrived back in town, he went through the motions of unequipping his extra equipment until he was back to wearing what he had been when Xion had first approached him. When the request for the materials came up, he nodded and swiped his hand through the menu. A few practiced motions lead him to his inventory, and then a prompt appeared in front of Xion to confirm the trade of six crafting materials.

"It's not a whole lot, but it's better than nothing."

Xion accepted the trade request, and looked as the MATS appeared in his inventory. "Thank you... I guess I'll go in now...come in if you want to" Xion then opened the door of the small building,and the smell of metal and burning hit him instantly. An old man with a grey wispy beard was hammering a piece of metal into shape, he didn't say anything to them, until he had hammered the piece of metal into a sword blade, and then attached the blade to a handle that he had already made, before placing the finished weapon upon a rack on the wall.

"Ah you are back, do you have the materials?" The blacksmith asked, XIon then nodded, showing the NPC his inventory. "Good, good, now the time has come for you to, at the least attempt to make your first blade" The man said, before handing Xion a smith's hammer. Xion then selected one MAT and placed it on the table.

ID: 25679

CD:7 (fail)

LD: 8 (fail)  

Xion placed the material into the forge, slowly heating it for a bit, before taking it out. The metal was glowing, but not as bright as it should be, the NPC had noticed this, and was about to interrupt before Xion brought the hammer down upon the metal, breaking it into two before it shattered into a million little shards. 

"No,no,no you need to let the metal heat for longer, patience boy, the art of smithing is about patience!" Xion then sighed "Crap..." he muttered, he still had one craft attempt left, hopefully that one would yield a result. 

Takao nodded and followed Xion into the building, hands hooked on the corners of his pant's pockets. "I don't mind sticking around for a little bit. I don't have much else going on for the rest of the day anyways." He spoke truthfully as he tried to cover up a small yawn. With the grinding he usually did in the early morning completed, there wasn't much else he had to do for the day. Usually he'd just wander around, take in the sights, or talk to people, but this was a welcome change of pace. As Xion went and began the process of learning his desired trade, Takao hoisted himself up onto a nearby counter and leaned his weight onto his knees. He rested his head on one of his hands and watched through half open eyes, his recurrent smile fading ever so slightly. He mused about the difference between their NPC tutors, and how his had been very pleasant when pointing out Takao's failures. He had taken cooking though, which was a much more gentle profession in contrast to blacksmithing.

Xion watched as the NPC went through the process of making a blade, this time slowly, showing Xion every little detail and intricacy. "Now with blacksmithing you need to know when to pull the metal out of the forge, as you demonstrated, doing so too early...well breaks the blade" Once again the NPC hammered the blade into shape, creating another blade and placing it on a rack. 

Xion nodded, once again attempting to create a blade, this time he followed the NPC's instructions, holding the metal in the forge for a little longer before pulling it out. The NPC watched and nodded in approval, as XIon took the smith's hammer and slowly hammered the blade into shape, creating a sword. It was a common Item, nothing spectacular about it, but it was a success. Xion smiled, and even laughed a little as he looked over his creation. "It's like a starting sword..." he said, before looking to the NPC, who had a big grin on his face "Well done boy, well done. I can't let you keep the blade, no no no you should only keep the blades that you craft in your own forge. But still, I am proud to say that you are now, a Blacksmith" 

And with that the 'Quest complete' Icon appeared before Xion, who was still smiling from ear to ear. He then turned to Takao "Sorry about the mats...but thanks" 

As Xion's crafting lessons came to an end, Takao hopped off the counter. He hadn't much to do while he waited, so he'd been glancing around and examining the finer details of the NPC's shop in the mean time. When Xion finished, Takao approached him with his hand up for a high five. "Woo! Congrats, man!" He said as he glanced at the completed quest notification. He shook his head at the mention of the materials and smiled back at him. "No worries, they're pretty easy to come by. Try 'n be careful if you go out and look for them on your own though, 'cause it could still be dangerous." Takao swiped open his menu and sent a quick friend request Xion's way, then glanced back over at him. "Feel free to hit me up if you ever need help or anything, alright?"

Xion high fived Takao "Thanks a lot, I mean I would be dead by now where it not for you" The boy said as he walked out of the shop, stopping just outside of the door and turning to Takao. "This is just one more stop towards becoming a frontliner...and all thanks to you Takao" He smiled, he felt like hugging the man, things were starting to look up for Xion, heck now he could get his own smith shop and start earning col. "Hey Takao, how about this. As a thankyou, if I open a smith shop just drop in whenever you need a new weapon or armour, I would happily make it for you" 

(Hey could you do all the col gains etc.? If not it's fine, just do a finishing post and I will count it up) 

Takao followed Xion out of the shop and shrugged his shoulders slightly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "It's all good, I'm glad I could help out!" He said as a bashful smile grew on his face. "I'm happy you're makin' progress too, man. If you ever need help with something else, let me know. I'm not usually doing much." He glanced down to the menu as he opened it and checked the time, then exhaled a low whistle. "Whoa, it's later than I thought. I'm gonna head out for now, but I'll see you around, yeah?" He offered Xion another smile as he closed the menu and waved, just before heading off in a hurry.

«REWARDS»

«TAKAO»

1 SP

400col

- - - -

«XION»

2 SP

400col

Blacksmith Profession