[SP - FL1] Stepping Into A New Life. [Complete]

[iD 25812]

[Hirru 3]

[boar 1]

My blade at the ready, I stood still as the boar came at me.  This could be good, or bad, but I will take this beast out.  I will continue to the next town and find my way to the last floor!  I will recover my memories!

I waited for the boar to come up again, I dodged again, but I was too late to finish it off.  My swing was long off, and the boar ran past with no other scars.  I cursed at it and myself for missing.

"I will finish this!"

I yelled out to it.  It wasn't amused.

[Hirru 7/9]

[boar 1/5]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[iD 25813]

[Hirru 3]

[boar 7]

"Come here you little..!"

I yelled out to it.  It seemed like it would not want to get hit, but that thing kept being so elusive.  Though, not really a challenge as that last one was.  I smirked at the thought.  I guess it isn't so bad.  I'm only a low ranked warrior and shouldn't expect any less.  I need to continue to improve myself to continue on in the ranks.

"Where did that come from?"

I said to myself.  That was a bad time to think about that as I didn't notice the boar had slammed into me again.  Tumbling backwards again and again until I finally landed sprawled on my back.

"Arrrgh.. This better not kill me."

[Hirru 5/9]

[boar 1/5]

[iD 25914]

[Hirru 8]

[boar 10]

I picked myself off the ground and looked at the boar.  Nothing unusual or different from the rest.  It would take a while, but it will die like the rest.  I raise my blade to my shoulder..

"Come on!"

I yelled out as the sword skill activated pushing me forward towards the boar.  It charged forward as well and as we passed each other we exchanged blows.  We both continued on our path before stopping.  I watched as my health bar dropped down into the red at a rapid rate, then I heard the squeal and shattering of the boar dying.

"Whew!  That was close"

I said to myself.  I was literally on the brink of death.  If anything wanted to, they could aggro to me and I would instantly be dead.  Good thing this field was only filled with boars.  I walked my happy self back to town.

I would have to start my venture another day, but I was happy.  I was stepping into a new life.

I knew that today was different than the rest.  For some reason, I felt more empowered than ever.  It must have been something about last night.  Walking through the field, I found that none of the boar animals were aggro to me.  I checked my stats in my menu.  Somewhere along the line, I had become level 4.  I decided that now was the time that I was going to go past the boars and find the next village.

I talked to some people and they told me to just follow the road, then I would find the next town over.  As I did, I could sense that the trail would not be easy.  The howling of beasts could be heard every so often.  Keeping my guard up, the beast showed itself.  A Dire Wolf, a grey canine type beast that would cause trouble for anyone venturing along the road.  I unsheathed my sword and prepared for an attack.

[iD 25864]

[Hirru 10]

[Dire Wolf 4]

I watched as it circled around me several times before jumping at me, fangs bared.  I was ready though as I prepared a sword skill.  A glow empowered sword flew from my left shoulder to my right hip <<Slant>>, slashing the beast deep.  The Dire Wolf howled in pain before staring back at myself.  It bore its teeth with anger.

[Hirru 11/11]

[Dire Wolf 3/7]

[iD 25870]

[Hirru 10]

[Dire Wolf 3]

The Dire wolf kept a distance to myself.  It seemed to be holding its own from me since I cut into it so deeply.  I tightened my grip on my sword, ready for anything that the wolf would bring at him.  The beast ran up just as I started another <<Slant>>.  This time, the beast was cut in half and broke down into hundreds of light particles.

"Hmm.. that was easier than I expected.  Maybe I am getting stronger!"

As I said this, a rustling came from the woods along the outer path.  Figures that if there was one, then there would be a pack of them.  Another Dire Wolf appeared.

[Hirru 11/11]

[Dire Wolf 0/7]

[Dire Wolf 2 7/7]

[iD 25875]

[Hirru 3]

[Dire Wolf 1]

I decided not to wait on this wolf and charged in.  My blade at the ready, I slashed at its side, but it easily dodged away.  The beast came at me with its sharp claws, but my momentum allowed me to dodge out of the way of its attack.  I sighed in relief and readied myself for the next attack.  The wolf went back to its pattern of circling around me.

[Hirru 11/11]

[Dire Wolf 0/7]

[Dire Wolf 2 7/7]

[iD 25877]

[Hirru 10]

[Dire Wolf 9]

The Dire Wolf took first action this time as it leaped towards me, ready to bite me with its sharp fangs.  I had no time to waste and had to take the bite, but it gave me an opportunity to cause some strong damage as I performed a <<Horizontal>> on the wolf.  Cutting through its midriff, the wolf let go in a howl of pain.  It jumped back several times before howling out.

"I don't like the sound of that!"

[Hirru 8/11]

[Dire Wolf 2 3/7]

[iD 25878]

[Hirru 1]

[Dire Wolf 2]

I didn't want to have whatever the wolf called coming at him.  Especially with this wolf still in the way.  I didn't think twice on taking this beast down as I ran forward readying another <<Slant>>, but the technique failed and the wolf lashed out.  I was able to dodge out of the way of its claws and there we stood again.  Bare teeth could be seen from both of us as we breathed heavily.

"I got to finish this now.  If not, I'll be in trouble."

[Hirru 8/11]

[Dire Wolf 2 3/7]

[iD 25881]

[Hirru 10]

[Dire Wolf 8]

I felt confident enough to try it as I activated <<Sonic Leap>>.  Running forward and leaping into the air, I was able to catch the wolf off guard and land a killing blow.  It gave a sad howl before shattering.

I sighed in relief as I let my guard down.  At that moment, something pounced from behind me.  I was pushed towards the ground and found my HP draining.  I turned my head to find another wolf above me. 

[Hirru 6/11]

[Dire Wolf 2 0/7]

[Dire Wolf 3 7/7]

[iD 25883]

[Hirru 8]

[Dire Wolf 10]

With the wolf on top of me, I had nowhere else to go.  I had to get it off me before I die from the attack.  I tried to kick it off as it tried biting me.  I was able to get it off me, but not before it took a good chunk out of my health.  I was in trouble.  If this continued on, I was definitely going to die.

"It looks like you could use some help."

I heard the familiar voice from behind me.  I turned to find the same guy that helped me before with the boars.  The one who taught me how to fend for my own out here.  What was his name again?

"Yeah I could."

I readied myself as he positioned himself between the wolf and myself.  He hefted his shield in front of him as he eyed the wolf.

"I'll be your shield, so take this guy out as fast as you can."

"Got it!"

[Hirru 2/11]

[??????? 13/13]

[Dire Wolf 3 5/7]

[iD 25886]

[Hirru 8]

[Dire Wolf 5]

The wolf still had aggro on me as it ran around.  The guy quickly initiated a Howl that attracted its attention towards him.  It attacked him, but it didn't get past his guard.

"Do it now! <<Switch>>"

As the wolf was distracted, I moved up and slashed into it taking out a bit more of its health.

"There you go!  Keep it up! <<Switch>>"

He got back into position between us.

[Hirru 2/11]

[??????? 13/13]

[Dire Wolf 3 3/7]

[iD 25887]

[Hirru 3]

[Dire Wolf 6]

We kept our position and awaited the wolf to attack again.  It did, but this time it got through the guys guard and damaged him.  I tried to stab into it to make it let go, but I missed the target and slammed my blade into the ground.

"Don't worry about it!  Just focus on taking it out!"

He said as he kicked the wolf away from him.  I could see his health was pretty close to mine at max.  We got back into position and awaited what the wolf would do next.

[Hirru 2/11]

[??????? 11/13]

[Dire Wolf 3 3/7]

[iD 25888]

[Hirru 8]

[Dire Wolf 3]

The wolf lunged at the guy again, and he blocked it quite well.  The beast was thrown back a bit as I ran forward.

"<<Switch>>"

I yelled out before sinking my blade into the wolf.  It howled in anger as I pulled the blade out.  It wasn't dead yet, but it certainly wasn't happy.

"Last time!  <<Switch>>"

The guy got back into position.  The technique was working, but for how long?

[Hirru 2/11]

[??????? 11/13]

[Dire Wolf 3 1/7]

[iD 25915]

[Hirru 9]

[Dire Wolf 10]

[Loot 15]

As I watched, the wolf jumped around the guy towards me, but the guy got in the way and took the full brunt of the attack.

"Now! <<Switch>>"

"Got it!"

I answered as i swung a mighty blow into the beast, killing it in its place.  I slumped down afterwards and breathed a heavy sigh.  The guy next to me laughed heartily.

"How many times has this been since I've saved you?"

"Too many now.. Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

Just as he said that, I got a notification with all the information from the three wolves that I killed.  Three (3) Wolf Hides and a small health potion.  All went into my inventory, and then another popped up showing that I leveled up again.

"Hey, I got a health potion if you need it!"

"No thanks.  My battle healing skill heals me over time.  I should be good by the time we get to the next town over."

When he said that, a small portion of his health regenerated.  Not much, but if he was able to dodge the enemy enough, he would be fine.  I would definitely benefit from that skill.

As we started onwards, I noticed that there were more rustling in the woods.  That howling from the second wolf must have brought friends, as two more wolves came out of the brush.

"I may need that healing potion.."

I quickly hand it to him and he drinks it down.  At that moment, the wolves came into our range of conflict.

[Hirru 13/13]

[??????? 13/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 7/7]

[Dire Wolf 4 7/7]

Congratulations!

Lvl 5

HP UP

Items gained:

Wolf Hide x3

Minor Potion of Healing.

[iD 25920]

[Hirru 8]

[Dire Wolf 6]

I took a quick gulp of whatever; I don't think saliva was a thing here anymore.  Two wolves at the same time.  If sensei wasn't here right now, I would be one of the crossed out names on the marble wall, in the Iron Palace.

"If we both take one at a time, this will go much quicker."

I nodded in agreement as we moved away from each other.  That didn't seem to do anything as the wolves were trained on the other guy.  Wanting to circumvent that, I ran towards one and attacked.  My blade ran through the beast and it turned its head towards me, sinking its fangs into my arm.  I jumped back away from the others, luring the Dire Wolf towards me.

On the other side, the other guy seemed to have his wolf under control as they both dodged each others blows.  Looking back at mine, I smirked a little.  I never got to fight with a friend before.

[Hirru 11/13]

[??????? 13/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 5/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 7/7]

[iD 25921]

[Hirru 5]

[Dire Wolf 3]

We both circled around before we charged towards one another.  A bite was dodged, and a slash was grounded by a back-step.  Our battle was going nowhere.

Meanwhile, a yip came from the wolf on the other side.  Sensei's sword bit into the beast with a sharp swipe.  It jumped back and snarled at him.

"Nice one!"

"You too!"

[Hirru 11/13]

[??????? 13/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 5/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 5/7]

[iD 25922]

[Hirru 6]

[Dire Wolf 1]

I looked into the eyes of the beast.  It looked hungry enough to eat an entire man.  Happily, I wasn't on the menu!  It ran at me and tried to take another bite out of me, but my blade caught it instead.  It made a sorrowful yelp as it hit the ground.

On the other side, the guy seemed to have scored a hit on the wolf again, but this time having had his leg clawed up by the beast.  They were nearly done with these things.  Just a bit longer, and they could go to the next town.

[Hirru 11/13]

[??????? 9/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 3/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 3/7]

[iD 25923]

[Hirru 1]

[Dire Wolf 3]

I held true to my blade and swung as the beast charged forward, but it soon stopped and backed away from the blade.  Did these things have instincts?  Not that I knew anything about that.

"How are you fairing over there?"

"Better than what I'm seeing over there."

"Funny!"

Just then, the wolf on his side jumped up and brought him to the ground.  It wasn't long before he kicked it off himself.  I couldn't contain a chuckle from that.

"I don't wanna hear it."

[Hirru 11/13]

[??????? 7/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 3/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 1/7]

[iD 25936]

[Hirru 5]

[Dire Wolf 3]

Like a game of cat and mouse where the two pieces of the puzzle eluded the player.  That was the only explanation that I could come up with, and I didn't even understand half of it.  My self and the wolf have begun our own game of missing each other completely.  So too, were Sensei and his beast.  If there was any kind of significance from this, it would be that no one was getting hurt from it.

That didn't mean it was getting old, fast.

[Hirru 11/13]

[??????? 7/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 3/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 1/7]

[iD 25965]

[Hirru 3]

[Dire Wolf 10]

I took a stance against the beast waited for it to come at me.  It did so quicker than expected.  The wolf circled around fast and pounced on me; sinking its fangs deep into my shoulder.  I winced for some reason as my health dropped to nearly half way.  Still green; but anything could happen from here.

It was at that moment that I heard the shattering of glass.  That meant that one of them had died.  I was about to look when I got a quick pat to my back.  Sensei was by my side now.  I was relieved to see him safe.

"Take this last one out, and we can continue onward!"

[Hirru 7/13]

[??????? 7/13]

[Dire Wolf 4 3/7]

[Dire Wolf 5 0/7] *Dead