[op-F1] Sinking lower.

How long had it been since he entered this devils game? Emer's mind seemed to ramble with thoughts and questions. According to the date and time, it had been a few months, that made it worse. Time seemed to fly by quickly trapped within this world. It seemed that no matter what you did, the hours flew by. How about Elia? He hadn't seen her in what seemed to be several days. But in fact turned by to months... The last thing he could think about is if she had been one of the few to die. Shaking the negative thoughts from his head, the giant father seemed to brisle to life, moving from underneath the tree he had rested at.

It seemed to scare the couple that had been sitting and having a picnic in front of him. His eyes seem to dart towards them, as they froze in fear, before taking off. He couldn't really blame them, the scowl that had been left on his face, seemed to do that to a lot of folk around her. Reaching is hand up, Emer brushed through his black hair, rubbing the back of his head. He had been idle enough in this city. Perhaps he should find something to do? As far as the games guide went, anything is possible in here. So much so, as fighting, crafting, and other things. Their first day here, he had been explain there was no magic, and apparently there was no more revives stated by the game master. That meant if you died, you'd be dead forever. Or so it seemed.

The wind began to pick up, carrying a soft gentle breeze, one that was welcomed in the hot summer sun. A gruffy voice came from him, it was deep and rugged. "I suppose, I've lazed around enough waiting on Elia. If she's already ahead of me, then I need to catch up. She's better at these games than me anyway..." Reaching down into his pocket, Emer pulled out a small handbook and began to look it over. Everyone was handed these, by the store, it was data from the beta testers. It showed the basics, and even learning how to gain the most exp from where you had been gathered. "Alright, it states that I should head south of the city after stocking up. Once I head there, I'll fight boars until I level up." He shook his head slightly.

It was just like the old rpg games he played when he was younger. But here, it seemed that Boars where the slimes of the game. Which was a unique turn, normally boars where mid level creatures. "Perhaps I won't be to bored.... But where do I go to get a weapon?" Emer stated aloud, not really thinking that anyone was around him. Though, if they did, it'd be good for him. As he was pretty new to this, and he didn't really have an idea on where he would need to go. Maybe he'll just have to stop someone to find out. Currently he wasn't dressed in what seemed to be a light leather armor. His hair brushed back straight, his beard neatly trimmed. The only thing frightening about him, was his face, and perhaps being nearly seven feet tall, with arms the size of a bull.

The small boy walked through the town known as the town of beginnings. Although it had town in the name it was much more of a city. It took up about more than half of the first floor and he had taken a bit of vacation from his normal guild duties to spend some time where it all had started. He walked up past a small comfy looking Cafe which he recognized to be the first place he had met most of his best friends. Not to mention the girl he loved. He continued up the strret to see a large muscular man with a confused look on his face. He decided he didn't have much else to do and walked up to see the man and what seemed to be the problem. He hoped the man wouldn't take him as a child and not take him seriously. Ummm hello sir. Can I hep you this fine day? Emblem gave the man a large smile and introduced himself. My names Emblem but call me anything you'd like! 

The cool water rushed down my parched throat as I sculled one of the bottles I was given when I first entered the game. No idea why I didn't bother having any the day before. Stupidity on my behalf. However, when I noticed a giant of a man and a small, blond boy conversing, my lips left the neck of the bottle for but a moment and the rest of the water spilled on my nice starter clothes. Okay, I lied, they weren't nice but they were bloody well more comfortable when dry.

I threw the empty bottle aside and approach the two males, my right hand pressing down on the hilt of my weapon. The young boy seemed to have a one handed sword sheathed at his side - but the large man didn't seem to have any form of weaponry. Was his weapon concealed? It was really only daggers that could be concealed easily, and boy would my imagination have to be massive to think of that man using a dagger. Was it stashed away in his inventory? I've heard of some people doing that, but it was highly unconventional. Or maybe he just didn't get a starter weapon?

"Hey! What's shaking?" I asked, trying to make a good first impression. I bet my Brit accent carried my attitude and looks just fine, "I notice that you don't have a weapon on you. What happened?" I asked, fairly curious, almost forgetting that the boy was there.

Tristan roamed floor 1, looking for people to help in his ever continuing journey to help low level players. As someone who was helped a lot to get to where he was now by other players, he was a strong proponent of supporting low level players. This was a bit of an antithesis when he was in Azure Brigade, one of the most elite of guilds, so helping players was something he generally did on his own.

Noticing a fellow large man, Tristan himself being 6ft 3 and with broad shoulders, albeit slim for being built for fast fighting, along with his powerful armor and weapons struck quite a figure. It always amused him how someone kind of heart such as himself looked like someone ready to crush you to the floor most likely at first sight. He smiled gently and said "Well one option to get a weapon is as a drop from boars. Technically even punching the enemy gives 1 damage, but if you want to punch things then you'd want to do the quest for Martial Arts.". He noticed he was off on a tangent, so got back to it, "Anyhow, why dont I help you people fight? I can garner all the hate from foes so that you are safe to attack and not be hurt."

Emer stood there for a moment, thinking to himself before three people began to come up towards him. One of them introduced themsevles as Emblem. He looked down at the small boy, kind of short, one in which he could refer to as a kid. But in truth, if this world was anything like it was said to be, then it would indeed be true, that kids would have more information than himself. But then suddenly more and more people began to approach him... It was an oddity compared to what it had been, when he was back in the real world. Most about their size, seemed to stir clear from him. Shaking his head slightly he returned the small smile to the blonded headed kid.

His voice was deep and gruffy. "Thank you, I am a little lost, I also seemed to have lost my little girl Elia. I decided I've been sitting around long enough... And well, I needed to get my lazy butt in gear." He said with a laughter that was heavy in heart. One that could bring most people to a smile, almost like a jolly santa. Before turning his attention to the man that had come up with what he presumed was slang. "Not much... And I do have a weapon... just well..." Reaching down into his pocket, the giant man removed what seemed to be a bone like dagger, as he twirled it around in his fingers. "I suppose, the game thought I needed something like this." Suddenly another male approached. He was slightly shorter than Emer.

If one had to guess, only by about seven inches or so, meaning the man came up to his chin. Pretty amazing, from what he had seen so far. With how everyone had been so short. Though, the armor this man was wearing seemed to be imposing, making it seem that he had been higher up in the scales, than he was letting on. "Wait, you said something about Martial Arts? I'd prefer that over any weapon... Though, the question is how would one proceed on doing that?" He was geniuely curious, as much as it made sense to carry a weapon like the giant weapons most carried around. Emer was pretty sure, with his strength, he could fair pretty well with martial arts in this world. If he could get the hang of it that is...

Tristan clearly piqued the mans curiosity on the matter of Martial Arts, so decided to delve further. Tristan himself had the skill, but was never something he really invested himself into, since he just naturally preferred using a spear.

"There is a quest on Floor 2 which you can undertake where you must break a giant boulder. If you accomplish it, you gain the Extra Skill <<Martial Arts>> and can get yourself extra damage in unarmed attacks. Your weapons become things such as gauntlets and the like. We can do the quest whenever, though for now I think some levelling on boars would be best, though up to you since you're the one we're helping here.".

I felt sorry for the man when he told us he had lost his daughter, "My condolences. I'll be happy to help you find her," I told the hulking man with a sympathetic grin. However, the only thought that was racing around in my mind at that time was; She better be cute and not too young. I kinda regret that now.

Soon enough, another man turned up and stated something about Martial Arts. Now I was really interested, "Martial Arts you say? Sure, swinging a big sword around and chopping things to bits is rather satisfying, I have to agree, but punching and kicking something to death? That's more my style!" I commented. I was really hyped up to hear that I had an option that suited my style more, "I would like to conduct this quest at some point soon, but I am led to believe that only one player can get the skill from the quest?" I guessed. Quests usually did that, making you do it over and over again until everyone has the skill or quest item. Well, I know that from typical MMOs anyway.

"I was planning on making some pig-on-a-swords myself," I told the new man, pushing down obviously on the hilt of my large sword, "So of course I wouldn't mind hopping in a make believe boat with this little band of misfits we seem to have formed here," I joked.

But they didn't seem to be Brits like myself or Xion. Would they even take it as a joke?

Tristan could only raise an eyebrow to the rather bizarre person who spoke with a british accent like he did. Well it was interesting to see another from the UK, especially since this was a Japanese only MMO. He wasn't sure how they got here as Tristan himself was here for promotional reasons from the videogame chain he worked for back at home.

He chose to answer the questions with "Yes only one person can earn it at a time. We can do it later together if you want though, either all three or just the two of us." He said with a smile. "But I agree, making boar kebab would be a good idea for initial mob fighting. They're simple opponents.".

Emblem grinned but immediately frowned as he heard about the man's daughter he assumed lost. He bowed to the man. I am sorry to hear that sir and I would be glad to help you sir. Emblem got up to see two more players approach him. One player with distinctive red hair and another with grey hair. He nodded to the players and gave them a smile. they began to talk to the big man and felt almost like he were being ignored. They began to talk about a martial arts quest and how the man would enjoy fighting with his fists rather than a sword or blade. He looked up unsure of his options. He thought about speaking up and nervously said to the man. Ummm if you'd like s-sir I could accompany you on the quest. You see I much rather enjoy fighting with a sword than fists. 

"I'd rather go in a pair, as I am led to believe that the quest can also only be done once," I replied to the man, who also seemed to be a Brit, "I'm not saying I don't want to work with you," I pointed my comment at the hulking man, "I'm sure you're a formidable fighter, but if we go in a three only one of us will get the skill," I finished. I turned on my heel and drew my sword out, holding it in the same backhand position, and I pushed off, aiming to engage first.

I approached the group of Boars at high speed - well, as high speed as you can get from just running down a hill - and aimed to take one out of the pack, but my blade only clashed against the Boar's tusks. I managed to force the pig back out of the pack and I broke off from it, ready to slay the beast.

(Staying at level 4 for now, until we take out the Boar)

---

ID: 25675

BD: 2 = Fail

MD: 3 = Fail

Grave: 11/11 HP

Boar: 9/9 HP

Nelkeatye was bored, the last meeting with a group of guys turned out to be a bust as one of them ran off with a high level player to go kill a field boss, before he could answer they had dashed off leaving him. Ahh well, you win some you lose some, he mused as he headed out of town, it was about time he got into the habit of fighting in this game, it seemed the best way to level up and earn better skills. Checking his rapier and brushing down his shirt, the black haired boy sett off to the outskirts of town where he saw a small group of players surrounding a veritable giant. I bet Kine wished he was just as built, my oh my. Working up his courage, Nel headed over to the group. 

With the large, bone dagger wielding man was a small boy with a straight sword and the high level player he had seen earlier, the one who had gone off with Xion to hunt the boss. Another had sped off to fight a pack of boars and seemed to be hacking at the tusks to little effect. Being fairly average in height for the British Isles, he was far from short in Japan, but these two dwarfed him, especially with his much lighter, duellist's physique.

"Good Day to you," He introduced himself with a short bow, "My name is Nelkeatye, are you off hunting? I don't seem to be having any luck on my own and was wondering if you didn't mind another sword along?" 

Nel straightened out of his bow, and rested easy, hand on the guard of his Estoc slung on his right hip, appraising the two large men's impressive physiques with and admiring glance.

I took a step forward to provoke the Boar, and it instantly charged at me, I went to slash at it, but it ducked low and slipped under the arc of my silver blade. It aimed its tusks directly at my legs, and I managed to flick them upwards in time to bound over the raging pig, avoiding some possible leg shattering.

I landed in a crouched position behind it and we both spun around to look each other in the eyes. I looked away for a moment to glance up at the group I once had. Someone else had joined, but none were coming to help.

I frowned in disappointment.

(Just trying to keep the thread active. I think at this rate we might want to set a posting order ^^; )

---

ID: 25792

BD: 1 = Critical Fail

MD: 4 = Fail

Grave: 11/11 HP

Boar: 9/9 HP

• 2 months later...