I'll have to believe that then. Thanks man. ^^

I'm assuming you would just treat it like a new quest. Probably have to clear any special crafting with a GM first thought. Good luck!

If you know anyone looking for Heavy Metal Armour, let me know. I need to start working on getting some made for others. xD

I'm assuming you would just treat it like a new quest. Probably have to clear any special crafting with a GM first thought. Good luck!

If you know anyone looking for Heavy Metal Armour, let me know. I need to start working on getting some made for others. xD

I will eventually but not just yet. I promise that when I do, I will come to you. XD

This is Zeke by the way.

Hi Shard, you definetely can craft items for yourself, and for others.

This is the process:

Just get the materials (your earning a living quest, when reviewed by a GM, should have given you 1 to 10 materials. If he didn't, ask another GM to award you them! Try Shark).

Afterwards, open a [sHOP-FX] thread where X is the number of the floor your shop is in.

Then, in that thread, proceed to craft.

How this is done is basically explained in the tutorial: crafting section, but if you need examples, just check my shop thread, it's in my signature.

I basically describe how i'm crafting the item in the post, then post it.

Afterwards, I look at the crafting roll and based on the success rate which is shown in the tutorial section, professions thread. Here! : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=735

This one, for level 1 blacksmiths.

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

If the result is an Uncommon Item or higher, just send the item description to a GM and ask him for the enhancements it has. So far, Shark and Oske have replied quite fast to my requests, so i'll suggest PMing them.

As you can see, you can try to craft only twice a day, at the start.

When you've exhausted all materials you've gained from earning a living quest, just do more adventures and find them the usual way! Using the loot dice, that is.

(let's say you kill two cobolds, you write at the end of the last post this or a similar template:

Dellis searches through the corpses

1-5: no materials

6-10: 1 material

11-14: 2 material

15-18: 4 material

19: 6 material

20: 8 material)

You then look what is the loot dice result in that post, and get materials accordingly. Update your journal's inventory and you're done!

Hope I've been helpful. If you need anything, just drop a PM, after all we blacksmiths should look after each other.

I've thought about it a lot. This has been a question that has been nagging me for a week past.

The problem comes from the fact that there ARE professions, like the performers, that do NOT craft.

Yet, the only system we have in place for professions... is crafting.

So, what to do to get some sense out of this situation?

There's only one answer, without modifying the rules.

Performers must craft.

What?

Well, instruments.

And just like other crafters, their crafted instrument will have a quality rating. If it's high enough, they will have powers. Since they're performer's instruments... powers that support other people, once the instrument is played.

Here you go. I know it's not optimal, but that's the only thing I got from a long reasoning time.

Hope this answers a bit your doubt! If it does, I'm happy. I just want to help other players like you.

So as an example.

Performer crafts a lute.

Performer rolls a 10 on lute crafting.

Now Lute might be able to inspire nearby allies when played within certain radiuses? Or grant the user some other ability?

Im not sure if that's what you were getting at. If so its a neat Idea.

I suppose it also depends on what you want to do as a performer.

Theoretically, something like dancing does not need an instrument. It maybe more like <> where its only real applications are in entertainment, and making money. Dancing that is. Unless dancing could inspire people to fight.

I must admit you got me, on dancers. I hadn't thought of those.

I can't think of anything plausible they could craft, to fill the rule gap that there is at the moment. Maybe shoes? Dancing clothes? No, really, it sounds a bit silly i guess...

I guess then some kinds of performers, those that do not use instruments, actually just have no impact on the game, rulewise, till said rules stay as they are.

I suppose stripping would be an option.... jk XD

No the only reason I chose performer is for the higher level of agility that goes with it.

Possibly instead of crafting materials for performers, maybe they get renown points that contribute to the amount of Col they make?

For example lets say Nikki does her "Dance" for a crowd. The post would give her a craft roll. That roll is then applied to how many people are interested in what she is doing, and subsequently how much money she makes.

1 - No one is interested and she makes no money

2-4 - 20% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

5-6 - 40% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

7-8 - 60% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

9-11 -80% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

12 - 100% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

X can be determined by something else

I suppose stripping would be an option.... jk XD

No the only reason I chose performer is for the higher level of agility that goes with it.

Possibly instead of crafting materials for performers, maybe they get renown points that contribute to the amount of Col they make?

For example lets say Nikki does her "Dance" for a crowd. The post would give her a craft roll. That roll is then applied to how many people are interested in what she is doing, and subsequently how much money she makes.

1 - No one is interested and she makes no money

2-4 - 20% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

5-6 - 40% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

7-8 - 60% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

9-11 -80% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

12 - 100% of the crowd likes it and she makes X col

X can be determined by something else

That makes the most sense, or we could just have a basic "you get X col per dance topic/RP". Dancing is probably more of an RP thing, and in general, wont be as rewarding as crafting something material.

So I guess that means Im a stripper... lol

I was thinking that x could be a set amount and then you get the percentage that you roll off of it for yer crowd.

X=Renown x Level

Using myself as an example

If I managed 10 renown off my professions thread given my current level the formula would be..

10x6=60

Then if I were actually to go do my thing in a thread and rolled a 5 I would make 40% of 60.... so 24 Col