{F1-PP} Thorns in The Bush (Thorrissia)

A slight scowl crossed her lips as she closed the door to the shop behind her. "How the hell is a girl supposed to make money around here if none of these places have any work to give" she forcefully crossed her arms as she stepped off the small, single stair leading to the entrance of the merchant's business. In the real world, Alex never played many video games, at least not any intricate MMO's like Sword Art Online. If she ever played one, it was probably just some mindless shooting or fighting game that she would barely get to try while at a guy's house... she usually never got to enjoy one since said guys usually had other intent. She shook her head, trying not to think about those times. 

Her feet began to hurt from walking around all day trying to find work. A rest is what she needed, despite her hard head telling her to keep going. She found a bench nearby which sat under a tree and across from a small fountain. She had to admit, it was quite a perfect spot and was surprised it was not taken by anyone already. She let out a grunt as her body slumped into the bench, instantly feeling relief from walking around all day. Jevi reached into her pouch and pulled out a small roll of bread. She raised an eyebrow, it was not one of the most.. appetizing .. things shes ever seen, but whats to expect from something they give you at the start of the game. She took a small bite out of the bread and shrugged, wasn't the worst thing she had ever eaten. 

Jevi then heard the sound of boots walking in her direction. Upon looking up at the two, they stood in front of her.. not looking too happy. "Hey you, this is my spot.. beat it." Jevi's eyes moved from the two players standing over him, one male and one female, back to her bread as she ignored the man. Suddenly, a gloved hand interrupted her eating as the man grabbed her roll and threw it into the fountain behind him. ~"I was eating that." Jevi glared coldly at the two standing over her with her arms crossed, refusing to stand up, while the others argued back at her.

Floor one, not exactly the best haunt for Thorrissia. The monster drops gave her almost nothing useful and did nothing to further her ExP, but even so, The Starting City was a rather magnificent place, and there was a lot of nostalgia to be found in the walls of this place for her. This was the very place that Kayaba had decided to trap them all in this death game. As the young brunette strolled joyously through the city streets, hands in her pockets and whistling away to herself, memories of her early levelling days seemed to just reappear by the dozen. The coffee shop where she'd met her first acquaintances, the city streets she used to sleep on right next to the fountain...

Speaking of which, there was something odd going on over there. The young warrior withdrew her hands from her pockets and folded them in an inquisitive manner, lifting and an eyebrow and frowning. A couple of rather unfriendly looking players were standing around a girl, speaking in raised voices. A twinge of concern brought Thorrissia closer towards the scene. "Oi! What's going on over here?" The girl called out suspiciously, marching purposefully towards the two guys with her sword pointing menacingly in their direction. The scavengers took one look at the advancing female and hightailed it out her way. Idiots, don't they know we're in a safe zone? I must look more dangerous than I though. She snorted with disgust, sheathing her sword once the coast was clear.

"Hey, are you alright?" The brunette asked the rather defiant looking girl the two lower level players had been harassing. 

Jevi sat listening to the two players attempt to bash on her. It was nothing she had not heard before, and it was starting to bore her. She crossed one of her legs over the other, and then crossed her arms as well without breaking eye contact with whichever of the two players was talking. Alright, this bull has gone on long enough.. She opened her mouth to return fire at the players, before another voice from off in the distance caught all of their attention. Jevi turned her head puzzled to see another girl walking in their direction sword pointing forward at her attackers.. Jevi grit her teeth.. Really? Its a safe zone.. they aren't going to fall for- Before she could finish her thought, she looked forward again as the two men started to cower, before quickly running away. Jevi blinked with with eyes as they ran from the sword.. amazed that the girl's plan worked. 

She turned her head back to the new girl, with furrowed eyebrows and crossed arms at first. Then her frown turned into a smirk. The girl almost looked worried for a second, asking if Jevi was okay. ~"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just some ass' who think they own this bench." She stood up to greet the girl properly, ~"I do appreciate it though.. I didn't think they were gonna believe you could hurt them.. and they were starting to get really annoying. I'm Jevi by the way." Jevi smiled at the girl.. but she was not only smiling at the girl for helping her out, she was also very happy with herself.. she was opening up more and actually making friends. 

Thorrissia took an instant liking to her new acquaintance. The purple haired woman had that sort of fiery kick ass spirit she admired and valued in other people, so Thorry could tell that they were probably going to get along. "Own the bench? Bah how ridiculous. Some people are just idiots, I didn't think they'd go for it either to be honest." The young warrior snorted in disgust at how pathetically cowardly some people could be. "I'm Thorrissia, or Thorry if you like. Nice to meet you Jevi." The brunette smiled in return, offering a friendly hand for her new acquaintance to shake. 

"I'm surprised how things have changed down here since I last was here to be honest. Things have become a little chaotic on the lower floors. I feel bad that people have to deal with assholes like that hanging around down here." Thorrissia added with a disappointed frown. Sure, it hadn't been fun roughing it down on the lower floors when she'd been down here, but it had never been that bad. 

~"Thorry, huh." She smirked and nodded at the girl. Jevi placed her hand on her chin as the young girl spoke. She liked her attitude, definitely the type of person Jevi would easily get along with.. other than others she met who she was honestly surprised to grow to trust. She then crossed her arms as Thorry mentioned how the lower floors have gotten worse with the progression of the game, ~"Well, I haven't made many trips to the upper floors much.. So I wouldn't really know. My guess is as all the stronger players go off to take out the bosses, guys like them think they can start trying to push lower players around." she shrugged her shoulders, ~"Maybe getting out of the bottom floors would be smart to do soon."

Jevi wasn't too far off the mark on some people to be honest. Thorrissia run into a few players who were of unfriendly intent, but a lot of them were alright really, so she just shook her head in a negative. "Nah, it really depends on who you're talking to. I'm not exactly front line material just yet, although I think I'll get there sooner or later, but I've met a few people who are, and most of them are alright really. My guild leader's fantastic. Not that there isn't a few assholes out there as well. From what I can tell there's a greater sense of comradeship the farther up the floors you get anyway. All the front liners seem to know each other." The girl explained with a thoughtful tone, scratching her head as she thought it over. 

Jevi listened to Thorry explain her thoughts on the situation. She nodded slowly as the girl spoke. Jevi was honestly surprised when she mentioned there was great comradeship among the frontliners She had thought prior to that most of them would be cocky and pretentious. Guess she was wrong.. she was happy she was wrong. Made the idea of clearing this game a little bit more hopeful. Jevi chuckled, ~"Guess I was just the unlucky one who ran into some of the assholes then." she rubbed the back of her neck

Thorry smiled in response to that comment, thinking of a few unsavoury people. It was sad that a few jerks gave everyone else a bad reputation. "Hey, I tell you what," The young warrior exclaimed, an idea coming to mind. "How about we go do some hunting together? We can go up to the lake where some of the tougher monsters hang out, and we'll be able to level faster and hopefully pick up a few items. That sound like a good idea to you?" Thorrissia asked curiously, quite eager to make friends. It wasn't so often that she jelled well with other people so quickly and maybe she could make a new friend? Plus, Thorry had a feeling Jevi was pretty low level, so going out into the lake territory by herself probably wasn't an option. But with a player with slightly better equipment, maybe Thorry could help Jevi level a bit and pick up some col. 

Jevi smriked at the girl and her eyes widened a bit with excitement, ~"Hunting sounds good to me." Thorry went on to mention a lake where more powerful monsters spawned. Jevi felt a combination of emotions about this, both excited and scared. It created a knot in her stomach. But she figured Thorry was strong, and she was getting stronger herself, she was sure the two of them would manage a challenge like this, especially since this was still only the first floor. ~"Alright, let's get to it then." she opened up her menu, sending both a friend request and party invite to Thorry."

Thorrissia grinned in response, glad that Jevi was willing to take her up on the offer. She quickly accepted the friend request and party invite and Jevi's HP bar popped up under her own. She was feeling pretty pumped for this. The last time she'd been down to the lake was when she was gathering materials for a quest and she'd actively been avoiding going to deep into the territory there. This time she could kick some serious ass. "Alright, let's go destroy some monsters." The brunette stated with boundless enthusiasm, heading out towards the edge of the safe zone to begin their journey. "How far out in Floor One territory have you headed before?" The girl asked Jevi curiously, interested to know her companions knowledge of the widely varying terrain out here. 

Jevi nodded as Thorry accepted the requests. Soon after, the two began their walk towards the edge of town. Jevi wondered where this lake could be..she had scanned the surrounding area on her map before looking for different places to find materials and fight boars... but never saw a lake before in her life. She turned her head to Thorry as she asked where Jevi had been down her before, ~"Well, not too far out honestly.. Uhm.. I've been deeper in the forest before.. but probably not too deep. I've also traveled to the next town over before as well. Aside from that, not too much."  

ID: 26404

BD: 8

MD: 2-1=1 

"Right ok, we'll be heading a lot further north, that's where all the lakes are. There's a mountain region further up behind that, but it's not somewhere I've visited before." Thorry responded with an enthusiastic smile, pointing in the direction they would be heading. There were no lakes visible, but the mountain range was peeking over the top of the horizon. This should be fun. The brunette thought hopefully to herself, making her way eagerly towards their desired combat zone. 

The trek to the lake region was relatively uneventful in terms of monsters, but that was fine. Thorrissia knew that as soon as they entered the water region that there would be bigger fish to fry. Sure enough, not moments after they'd trudged through the muddy stretch separating the lakes from the grasslands, a large scaly head rippled through the glass like surface of one of the nearby pools, rising slowly from its home to tower above them. The serpent was about fifty feet in length with huge spear like teeth jutting out from its upper jaw, a long forked tongue darting in and out of its mouth like a snake. "SKREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" The monster cried, crying out a challenge to whoever dared to challenge it.

Thorrissia wasted no time mounting her attack. As long as she generated more hate than Jevi, then the creature would stay focussed on her instead of the lower levelled player. The young warrior darted across the terrain towards the giant snake, kicking off powerfully from the edge of the lake and plunged Volundraesia into the creature's belly. The creature let out a furious screech of pain and the brunette withdrew her weapon, scampering back quickly so she could take another swing at it. The serpent hissed hatefully at its attacker and attempted to plunge its fangs into her, but Thorry leaped quickly out of the way and the creature's teeth hit nothing but muck. 

Sea Serpent HP:: [9/16]

Thorrissia HP:: [32/32] [H:1]

Jevi HP:: [13/13?] [H:1] 

Jevi nodded her head and followed after Thorry on their little adventure. She wondered what type of monsters they would find at the lake, she figured since it was the first floor.. maybe it would be a bigger boar, or better yet.. a goblin. She thought herself funny, poking at the simplicity of some of these mobs on the Floor One. As the two exited the city, Jevi opened up her inventory and equipped her Umbra blade. Finally she would be able to test it out in battle. After materializing into her hand, she slipped it into her waist band and continued to follow her friend.

It seemed like a pretty long trip, much farther than Jevi had ever traveled on the first floor. She was thankful the two did not run in to much oppression on the way here, that could have ended their trip very quickly. She walked with her hands behind her head, looking around the the tall trees that were spread out much more than the usual forests of this floor. As she stepped into the area, she felt her boots slightly stick to the floor. The two were now walking through muddy grassland, which meant they must be getting closer to the lake. Jevi then spotted the glimmering of the large lake they were looking for. She widened her eyes and blinked in amazement, ~"Wow.. thats quite the sight." It was very quiet and serene as the two continued their approach towards the water. The silence was suddenly broken as something large shot out from the middle of the lake. Jevi threw her arm up to shield herself from the water raining down on the two of them, but as she moved her cover away, she saw the large sea serpent that had emerged from the lake. ~"T-Thats definitely not just a big boar." she said with her mouth wide open. She pulled her sword out from behind her and watched as Thorry took the first move. 

After watching the girl spring into action, she wondered how this fight was going to go down, especially with it being in the water and all. Answering her questions, Thorry easily dealt a blow to the serpent, to which it returned the favor to her. However, she was able to move out of the way causing the oversized snake to bite into the muddy shore. Nows my chance. She quickly darted forward, clenching the ebony curved sword in her hand. As the sea serpent slowly dislodged its teeth from the ground, she quickly leapt up into the air, slashing right at the base of its neck. Once she hit the ground, she quickly hopped back to create some distance from it. 

ID: 26527
BD: 7 (2 dmg)

Sea Serpent HP:: [7/16]

Thorrissia HP:: [32/32] [H:1]

Jevi HP:: [13/13?] [H:1] 

Edited by Jevi

ID: 26540

BD: 2

MD: 2-1=1 

Thorry was impressed. That wasn't too bad. Jevi had the makings of a fine warrior. "Excellent shot Jevi!" The young warrior praised her companion's battle skills, hoping one day that the girl would be able to advance to the higher floors. They really need somebody with this kind of spirit to them. She sighed, thinking of how this had been her once upon a time. Well, no time for idling. 

The brunette tried once again to repeat her previous move at launching herself at the giant snake, but it appeared the sly creature had caught onto her movements a little and it shied back to the safety of the lake. "Damn, it's smart!" She growled at the serpent tried to jab at her with its thick armoured head. Speed was on her side though, and Thorry rolled out of the way with relative ease. "Alright Jevi, switch!

Jevi HP:: [13/13?] [H:1] 

Edited by Thorrissia

Jevi smirked as Thorry praised her, but Jevi tried not to let it get to her head. The three stood in a stalemate, glaring at each other before Thorry attempted to recreate her last attack, since it had seemed to work so well. As she went in for the strike, the serpent retreated back to the lake where it was out of reach before coming back at the two players for its own attack. It went for Thorry, but with her speed, she was able to roll out of the way of the charging snake. She heard Thorry call to Jevi to switch with her, to which she immediately sprung into action at the snake that was now going to turn its body back around to prepare another attack. Jevi ran forward with her sword at the ready, launching herself forward to hit the snake before it moved. However, as she closed in to her opponent, the serpent quickly pulled back again, Jevi hitting the ground rolling. 

ID: 26977
BD: 5 miss

Jevi HP:: [23/23] [H:1] 

Edited by Jevi

ID: 26987

BD: 5 

MD: 2-1=0

"Nice save." Thorry grinned as Jevi managed to roll out of the way like that. "We may make a speed master of you yet." She laughed with a positive tone, rather pleased that she'd gotten a decent battle partner. The brunette refocussed her attention on the serpent. One more hit and I got this. She reminded herself, thinking of a plan. If she could stand right on the shore, the serpent would make a go for her and then she could get a hit at it. Thorrissia jogged lightly over to the water shore and just stood there, waiting for the monster to take a hit at her. It probably looked ever so slightly suicidal but, she just hoped it was the right move. Mr scales certainly didn't leave anyone hanging that was for sure. The giant snake burst from the surface of the lake with a furious hiss, attempting to gobble her up, but the girl moved with almost wraith like speed out of the way and attempted to slash Volundraesia across the monsters nose. Unfortunately her strike missed by inches. "Damn so close. Ok, Jevi switch in!

Jevi HP:: [23/23] [H:1] 

Edited by Thorrissia

Jevi was becoming very focused on this battle. It may have been a Floor One monster, but she was not going to let that bring down her guard. She clenched her sword in her hand as the serpent dove back into the water to prepare itself. She took a deep breath, waiting for it to shoot back out at them. She kept her distance from the water, but then Thorry quickly made her way towards the shore.She knew her friend was strong, but she was worried it could catch her by surprise, ~"W-Wait what're you-" the scaled beast took Thorry's bait as it shot out from the water and glided across the surface towards her. Jevi had already began to run towards the two as Thorry went in for an attack but just missed again. Guess nows my chance, Jevi ran forward, her sword pulled back and pointing forward towards the beast. Before it could pull away and avoid Jevi's attack, she thrusted her scimitar forward, piercing it through the nose of the towering serpent. 

ID: 26991
BD: 7 (2 dmg)

Sea Serpent HP:: [5/16]

Jevi HP:: [23/23] [H:2] 

Edited by Jevi

ID: 27388

BD: 4 [ :( ]

MD: 2

It was depressing that Jevi, who had considerably less combat experience than herself, was managing to be able to hit this thing, but Thorry herself was continuously missing the target. Once again Volundraesia fell short of the mark as the huge twisting serpent coiled out of the way of the young warriors reach. Dammit this is starting to get pathetic! Not to mention that her purple haired companion now had more hate than herself, which meant the giant sea creature was going to attack Jevi instead of herself. Thorrissia cursed as the massive snake attempted to take a hit at the young woman, but it appeared that Jevi was too quick for it. That was good at least. 

Sea Serpent HP:: [5/16]

Jevi HP:: [23/23] [H:2] 

Edited by Thorrissia

This fight was going better than expected, not that she doubted Thorry's fighting skills, but she doubted her own against a higher tier monster like this. However, she was managing to hold her ground and even dealt significant damage to the beast so far. With Thorry's skills, she figured that as she approached, it was going to be the final blow on the beast. To her surprise however, her sword fell short of her target. It was then that Jevi noticed its large, red eyes were looking right at her. It stood up so it towered over the two women before plunging down to attack Jevi. She clenched at the handle of her Umbra and grit her teeth. As the serpent made a quick approach, Jevi activated her sword skill, the black and purple blade igniting in a red aura. Before the sea serpent could close its large jaw on Jevi, she swiftly jumped out of the way, and the monster's face crashed into the dirt. As her feet touched the ground again, she lunged forward with a powerful swing, slashing through the bottom of the serpent's chin through the top of its upper lip. 

ID: 27491
BD: 10 (4 dmg)

Sea Serpent HP:: [1/16]

Jevi HP:: [23/23] [H:4]

Edited by Jevi

ID: 27494

BD: 7

LD: 14 [80 Col, 1 Mat]

Thorrissia was always one for opportunity. As soon as Jevi managed to get a hit on the monster and distract it, the young warrior took her chance. The nature of the monster's attack had left its neck completely exposed, so the brunette brought Volundraesia swiftly down upon its scaly body, severing the beast in two with one violent but effective decapitation. The sea serpent exploded into an impressive shower of blue polygon shards before fading out of existence entirely. "Well, that went well I think." Thorrissia smiled, walking cheerily over to Jevi. "For somebody with not much experience, you fight pretty impressively!

Edited by Thorrissia