Week 7: Ariel vs Lessa

The same setting everytime, that was, inside the arena it was the same everytime. The banners that lined the walls, sharnig what guild the people participating were from. In this match,  All the flags on either side were that of The Guardians of Aincrad, Representing the member and Leader of that guild. The outside was that of a jungle, the thick foliage almost hanging over the arena itself. Despite there being hardly any direct sunlight, The air was still hotter than the inside of the devil's den. Zelrius quickly raised and lowered the minature flags he had in his hand, wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

Please also post your Stats and Equipment in your first post.

No Consumables (Meaning Alchemical Products, Food, Performer products, Crystals, Etc etc.)

All Equippables are allow

All Skills ARE allowed

Both players will post their max HP, However it will be first

Edited by Zelrius

'This is quite the gathering' thought a certain blonde as she made her way towards the interior of the arena. Today she walked unaccompanied by her familiar which was left wandering around in the jungle outside. First thing she noticed was the multitude of people cheering while holding Azure and Guardians flags and remembers as she was there as well for some of the fights, cheering frenetically for her friends. 'I wonder why Oikawa dropped?' she asked herself as she had reached the center of the arena. With a few elegant gestures she summons her HUD inventory and checks her items. "Okay, time to get this party going..." she muttered to herself.

'I never did get a chance to fight Lessa. We have very different, if not opposite builds. While she focuses a bit more on protection and passive damage while I go for damage and accuracy. This will be a hard fight! I can't wait for it to start!' she thought as the blonde took a look around a bit more, feeling excited in expectancy of the fight. 

ID: 26002 LD: 4

Stats and whatso:

if we use HP before the update HP is 75 with lvl. 31

W79ayPeh.jpg

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

Lessa's expression changed from calm to surprise as the familiar blonde approached her from the other side of the arena. "Oh, Ariel," she greeted with a smile and a slight nod of her head. "I did not expect to see you here." Then, hastily, she added, "not that I am disappointed, of course. It is always nice seeing another Guardian around. I just thought maybe I would have a week off." Her cerulean eyes flashed mischievously. "Besides, I've been looking forward to fighting with one of my mentors."

A slight breeze rolled between the pair, unsettling the dirt and kicking up small puffs of dust. It was hot, a wet, sticky heat that coated the insides of Lessa's throat, making it tough to breathe normally. It also covered her flushed skin in a fine layer of perspiration. While it was nice to see Ariel, Lessa looked forward to getting back to the inn to clean up.

{[26020] LD: 11. *Note: My internet hiccuped and rolled twice. I took the first roll that went through.} 

HP: 63

Damage: Base 8
Damage Mitigation: 4
Accuracy: 1
Thorns: 2
Heavy Momentum: 1

Old stats.

Edited by Lessa

"Guess I'll start us off," Lessa announced, giving Ariel a final nod.  She drew her heavy claymore with a metallic hiss, readying it in front of her for her initial lunge. "Good luck," she added quickly, the sincerity in her voice very clear. With as much force as the heavily clad girl could muster, she slashed Hell Rose across Ariel's form before she had a chance to act.

{[26101] BD: 9. Lessa deals 6 damage (8+1-3)}

(( Mobile with spotty connection due to approaching storm. Will clean this up ASAP. ))

Edited by Lessa

The blonde nodded to her guild master's greeting but she couldn't help but smile as she mentioned the fighting part. "Yes, I received a messaged from that guy, asking if I can cover for Oikawa, your initial opponent, this week. " she said while pointing at Zelrius general direction above them, then continued: "Of course I couldn't pass to the opportunity to fight on even footing with my guild master. Let me show you how much I grew since we first meet." While her voice was calm and collected, her eyes showed a inner joy that she rarely felt outside the battles on the front lines.

In any case, as declared the start of the battle, Ariel unsheathed her rapier in a slow elegant manner, revealing the black rapier with its thorny guard."Yes, let us show this people how Guardians do business" That was her first mistake as the crimson clad tank dashed towards her and performed a slash. The massive claymore managed to hit her, scraping her shoulder pad before hitting her unprotected torso side.

"Ghhh" let out the blonde in pain as she backed up, exiting Lessa's striking range with a couple of back flips, thanks to her <<Acrobatics>> skill. She put her hand over the hit area and grinned. " I never really knew how strong you are Lessa. I hope to be a good opponent....If I can't defeat you, that is!"

Next the blonde entered her painstakingly perfected attack stance, even if there were several meters between then. She then started lowering her gravity center little by little, until she achieved the perfect <<Pre-Motion>> for activating her <<Charge>> skill. In the process, her body started emanating a faint golden glow and once she entered the intended position, she charged towards Lessa leaving behind a blue-golden streak as she covered the space between the two girls in a blink of an eye. The skill ended once Ariel was in front of Lessa, her black rapier thrusting towards her heart.

{[ID: 26220  BD: 7 (4+3acc) Ariel deals 10 damage (10-4+4), Ariel receives 2 damage from Lessa's Thorns}

Ariel's HP: 67 / 75 (-8)

Lessa's HP: 53 / 63 (-10)

The attack came like a freight train, and the Guardian never saw it coming. Figuring she had a bit more time, as she had put some space between them after her own attack, Lessa had been slightly more lax in her defense. That was her fatal error. The other blonde suddenly glowed, demonstrating that she had activated charge. In no time at all, she was directly in front of Lessa, slashing her rapier across Lessa's breastplate. The added push from the charge was enough to counter her armor's damage mitigation, and with a cry, she stumbled backwards.

It was not a mistake she planned to make again. "Good hit," she commented with a small smile. Truly, she was impressed by her guildmate's strength, and she would make a mental note not to underestimate Ariel again. Gripping the thick handle of her heavy weapon, she lunged once more, imagining all of the strength in her body migrating to the sharp tip of the blade. With a low grunt, she sliced from her left hip to her right shoulder, blasting Ariel with yet another powerful hit.

{[26317] BD: 9. Lessa deals 6 damage (8+1-3)}

Ariel's HP: 61 / 75 (-14)

Lessa's HP: 53 / 63 (-10)

(( Sorry for length - still stuck on phone. ))

Edited by Lessa

Once again she found herself into the armored woman's area of attack and she thought she was prepared for the incoming attack as she somehow predicted the area where Lessa intended to strike her. The navy clad blonde spun her rapier into a reverse grip and crossed her forearms into a X form, in a attempt to deflect the blow with her steel-like vambraces. She'd use this stance successfully a number of times against mobs but this time, against the heavy claymore her opponent was wielding, it didn't suffice. 

Ariel was blown backwards, being knocked off her feet as the weapon continued its way almost unmolested, to her right shoulder. She landed on her belly in a awkward position with her back completely exposed to her opponent. "I guess fighting players is a whole new level, compared with fighting mobs" she said as she was trying to get back up. Her left side hurt a lot, after that hit with only luck by her side as she managed to deflect only a small portion of the damage with her vambraces and right shoulder pad. "I'm impressed, Lessa- neesama" she said with a smile." I had a small idea about your strength when I stepped into this arena. But having it carved into me like this, I'm glad I joined in Oikawa's stead." she said with a completely sincere voice, not even the tinniest bit of resentment could be heard in her tone. "I guess I'm still that noob you decided to take under your care so long ago." she ended, her eyes showing a new found will to fight and not back down. But even so, she was now into a defensive stance, awaiting Lessa's next move.

{[ID: 26320  BD: 1 Miss (Light Momentum activated)}

Ariel's HP: 61 / 75 (-14)

Lessa's HP: 53 / 63 (-10)