[F1-PP] Sugar and Spice <<Earning a Living>>

Shaya had messaged Jevi earlier to come back to the Town of Beginnings for her to tag along on her quest to become a cook. It was midday, people and NPC's filled the streets. Shaya walked around in search of the man she was supposed to talk to to begin the quest. She soon came to a man with a sword on his hip wearing light armor. She approached him and he asked her if she was ready to earn a living. A small box popped up with a blue circle for yes and a red x for no. She poked the circle, letting off a ping the box disappeared. He listed 3 items that she would have to go and retrieve: boar meat, wheat grass, and a type of vegetable. She nodded her head in assurance she would get the items. Then looking around waiting for her girlfriend to arrive.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jevi sat reclined under a nice tree on the first floor. It was a nice day as usual, and she was enjoying her break. She closed her eyes as a light breeze jumbled the bangs hanging beside her forehead. Suddenly, she heard a soft ping noise. Opening one eye, she noticed a flashing letter icon in front of her. She lifted her hand from behind her head and poked it, opening into a larger box containing a message. She smiled softly as she read the message from Shaya, asking her to meet her in the Town of Beginnings to help her with her Earning a Living quest. She quickly sat up, sending out a quick reply to her girlfriend's message telling her she was on her way. Jevi was proud of Shaya, taking up this quest to become a chef. So she made sure to quickly make her way back into the town to meet her.

As Jevi entered the square, it did not take her long to point out the long brown hair and yellow dress. She walked up behind the girl with a slight smirk on her face. As she got to her position she stopped and placed her hands on her hips, ~"Hey you" she said playfully. 

Shaya watched excitedly as Jevi walked up to her anxious to begin her quest. She giggled when Jevi spoke and made the same gesture. Hey there hot stuff, hows it going? She gave her a quick peck on the cheek before explaining what they needed to find. We need boar meat, wheat grass, and a veggie. Shaya smiled, knowing that Jevi was helping her she knew she would be able to complete the quest rather quickly. She grabbed Jevi's hand holding it lightly, You remember that this is kinda like a date right? Aside from it being kinda work too.

Jevi smiled, squinting a bit after Shaya kissed her on the cheek, lips soft as always. ~"H-Hot stuff? Thats a new one." she could not help but laugh, but also blushing a bit. As Shaya read out the list of ingredients they needed, Jevi nodded in understanding. ~"You already went and found the quest? Thats good, saves us a bit of time. Anyway.. that list doesn't seem too bad. Just one boar should be easy enough, and the other things are probably lying around in the fields around the town waiting to be picked." Shaya then grabbed Jevi's hand, and Jevi returned the tight grab with a smile, ~"Of course I remember that, hun." 

Shaya gave a warming smile and kissed Jevi, before turning around, Alright! Onwards! She began walking pulling Jevi along with her until they matched speeds. They walked down the main street, which lead out of town. Shaya looked around wondering if she could just buy the ingredients. Nah, that wouldn't be any fun. Besides this is just as much for Jevi as it is for me. She gave Jevi a smile as they came near the end of town. So whatcha been up to hun?

Jevi returned the smile with reddened cheeks as they pulled away from their kiss. Shaya's sudden pulling of Jevi's hand threw her off balance for a moment, as she stumbled to regain her step. She laughed as she stood back up straight and walked alongside the girl. As the two walked, Jevi looked at Shaya with loving, yellow eyes as the other girl looked forward with a grin on her face. She thought to herself, ..I never would have thought that I would date another girl... Especially one as beautiful as Shaya.. She then heard her girlfriend ask Jevi what she had been up to. ~H-Huh? Oh, nothing much. Just  some exploring and meeting new people. What about you?"

Jevi returned the question Shaya asked her and her eyes lit up with excitement. I've been doing so much! I fought my first battle the other day and I've gone up to floor 11! Zelrius showed me the cathedral there! You know I'm not a religionist but the building was absolutely gorgeous! She paused for a moment and pecked Jevi on the cheek. Not as gorgeous as you of course darling. And I met this really weird guy named Astraeus, but he was cool too. She talked Jevi's ear off until they mad it out into the fields. So that is what I was up to!

Jevi smiled softly at Shaya as the girl spoke about her fun adventures with other players she met, ~"Hah, sounds pretty exciting. Floor Eleven even? And I thought I was the adventurous one wanting to go to higher floors" she giggled, playfully bumping her body into Shaya's ~"That Zelrius guy, whoever he is, must be pretty strong as well to be willing to go up there too." She looked back to Shaya as the two neared one of the archways leading to the fields surrounding the Town of Beginnings. ~"I don't think I've met many higher level players yet. I met some guy names Golden who I think might have been a bit higher, but I dunno." 

Shaya nodded at Jevi's remark about Zelrius, Yeah, he's a level 40! He's usually on the front lines, but he's been waiting for the next boss fight. She walked with her hands behind her head thinking of him, A lot of the time he's an arrogant butthat. But he can be sweet when he wants to be. She paused as Jevi spoke again mentioning someone else she met. You met Golden too? He was the one that taught me how to fight. Yeah he's really powerful, he took so much damage away with just one strike it was crazy! Shay thought a little more but couldn't think of anything else. Those were the good highlights As for the bad ones.. Please don't take me anywhere high up. Or swimming for that matter.

Jevi looked at Shaya as she spoke about the two men and how much their helped her out. She made a slight pouty face for a moment, feeling jealous. She brought up her free arm and scratched her other one, ~"That sounds great." she said softly ~"I won't take you up high or swimming, don't worry." she chuckled. By now, the two were standing out in the fields around the city. Jevi stood with one hand on her hip. She turned to Shaya, ~"Alright, whats first?"

Shaya opened her menu forgetting what she needed and looked at her quest's qualifications. First off we need boar's meat. She smirked confidently knowing she could take a boar on easily now.. So whenever you're ready we can find the boar. Shaya began thinking to herself, I wonder how strong Jevi is, I know we're the same level but we haven't fought side by side yet. She looked up to Jevi and smiled, With the both of us together, I just know that this is gonna be a breeze. And since there's two of us I wanna target one of the stronger boars too. Her eye's began burning with excitement, she knows that she's grown so much since she got into this world and all from the help of other people.

Jevi smirked with excitement, almost completely forgetting about her jealousy from before. She brought up her hand and opened up her menu to her inventory, where she equipped her sword. With a flash of blueish light, it materialized into its place on under her waistband. She then reached her hand behind her back and pulled the sword out. She looked over to Shaya, ~"Im ready whenever you are. Lets go take out that boar." She had a confident look in her eyes, ready to fight something.. but more so ready to help the girl she loved. 

Shaya smiled brightly to see that Jevi was so enthusiastic, Okay, lets roll! She laughed at her pun as they began to run in search of a boar. It wasn't difficult to find the boar seeing as it was the easiest in the game to find. Alright, let's go. She then ran up to the boar letting it spot her before she made her move.

26206 BD: 1 (O DMG)

She Began to run at the boar, but quickly losing her balance and falling on her face before she got to it. She sighed and blushed, embarrassing herself in front of her girlfriend. Why don't you take the first move dear?

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 0]

Jevi: 23/23 [hate: 0]

Boar: 16/16

Jevi followed Shaya as she looked for a boar, which did not take long at all. The girls stopped when they found a good one to fight and seemed to ready themselves for the fight. She looked over Shaya's shoulder with a smile on her face as she drew her blade and held it at the ready. ..Something about that little yellow dress and a sharp sword is... very attractive she thought as she bit her lip lightly, hoping Shaya did not notice. The brunette then ran forward to initiate the fight with the beast, only to trip and fall flat on her face....

Jevi let out a light sigh before running up to the girl who fell to the floor, ~"Are you alright, hun?" she let out a light chuckle as she spoke, not wanting to upset her girlfriend by laughing. She picked Shaya up and helped her dust some of the dirt off of her back. She then smirked when Shaya suggested she take the first move. ~"Alright then, be right back." 

She took a few steps to stand in front of Shaya. She spun her sword in her hand, which then proceeded to glow with a bright red light, almost looking as if engulfed in a flame. She then ran forward clenching her sword in her hand. With a strong swing, she brought her sword up and back down on top of the boar, a loud crash filling the air as she dealt critical damage to their enemy. 

ID: 26219
BD: 10 (4 dmg)

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 0]

Jevi: 23/23 [hate: 2]

Boar: 12/16 (-4)

((Food Pun Count: 1))

Edited by Jevi

Jevi helped Shay back to her feet and brushed her off. She stayed back watching the beautiful girl before her, strike the boar. Watching the boar's health decrease quickly brought a smile to her face. She could take it on alone if she really wanted to, but what fun would that be for me?

26227 MD: 1 (0 DMG)

26227 BD: 8 (1 DMG)

The boar kicked and flailed around as Jevi brought her sword down unable to land anything on her. Shaya then ran up to it, waiting for the right moment she thrusted her sword forward, It was nice to meat you, but right now isn't the time to talk. We can ketchup later! Her sword impaled it from the side.

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 1]

Jevi: 23/23 [hate: 2]

Boar: 11/16 (-1)

((Food Pun Count: 3))

After her attack, Jevi stepped back as the boar began to thrash around, trying to land some sort of a hit on Jevi. She stepped to the side with each attack, dodging them with ease. Suddenly, Shaya came to her rescue, thrusting her own sword into the boar. Shaya then proceeded to taunt the boar.. taking note of the emphasis on certain words.. Jevi deduced she was making puns.. food puns. Jevi stood speechless at those jokes.. She didn't know whtat to say.. She shook her head, now was not the time to think about jokes. 

By the time Shaya had finished her attack and monologue, Jevi realized her sword skill had recharged and was ready to be used again. She held her sword behind her, lowering her body slightly, "Shaya, switch!" With one powerful step forward, Jevi brought her glowing red sword upwards with a strong slash, almost looking as if she hit a baseball with one hand. The attack lifted the boar slightly off of the ground and launched it a couple of feet ahead of them. She let out a huff of breath, using a sword skill twice in a row like that was tiring.

ID: 26231
BD: 10 (4 dmg)

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 1]

Jevi: 23/23 [hate: 4]

Boar: 7/16 (-4)

((Food Pun Count: 3))

Edited by Jevi

Shaya quickly moved out of the way as Jevi landed another perfect strike on the boar. She went to Jevi's side noticing she was huffing, You alright Love? Don't strain yourself.

26238 MD: 3 (0 DMG)

26238 BD: 8 (1 DMG)

The boar charged at them both targeting Jevi. Shaya quickly leaped to the side where she struck the boar again sending it toppling over on itself. My my, you seem to be in quite the pickle now don't you? Shaya barely held in her laugh, not taking the fight very seriously at all. At this point she was just playing with the boar, and keeping it from hurting Jevi.

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 2]

Boar: 6/16 (-1)

((Food Pun Count: 4))

She felt her eye slightly twitch as another bad food pun came from Shaya's lips. Keep it together Alex.. you love her, remember..? She stood up straight and smiled at Shaya. It was her turn to lay her sword into the boar. She held her sword at the ready before running forward towards their enemy. As she closed the distance between herself and the boar, she took a quick look at Shaya. Her eyes seemed to lock with Jevi's for a moment, and it completely distracted Jevi from her attack. Soon after, she felt something hit her foot... It was her other foot. And before long, Jevi's forehead was introduced to the grass below her. 

ID: 26291
BD: 1 

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 2]

Boar: 6/16 (-1)

((Food Pun Count: 4))

Edited by Jevi

Shaya gasped as Jevi tripped on her way to the boar, and she quickly ran to her aid as she did for her. She picked her up and pushed her back behind her. Are you alright hun? She recalled how this battle started and brushed it off not laughing at her, she simply turned to her and smiled, Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

26292 MD: 1(0 DMG)

26292 BD: 6 (1 DMG)

The boar charged at them once more and this time Shaya attacked it head on. Sorry to get jalapeno business, but don't EVER ruin a moment I'm sharing with Jevi! She swung her sword thinking of protecting Jevi,. Landing the horizontal blow she turned the boar completely around and she kick it so it ran away getting a little distance between them.

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 3]

Boar: 5/16 (-1)

((Food Pun Count: 5))

As Shaya sat Jevi upright, she spit out a few stray blades of grass that she had eaten when she hit the floor. She rubbed her forehead while her cheeks reddened, ~"I-Im fine. Thanks.." She stood up and took a step forward, slightly stumbling again. ~"Damn.. I think I twisted my ankle a bit when I fell. I-I should be fine." She shifted her weight so she was mostly leaning on just one leg. Fighting like this may be a little tough, but she should be able to handle it. 

As the boar took advantage of Shaya helping up Jevi and charged ferociously at the two. Before Jevi had a chance to react, Shaya stepped forward and took on the boar, her sword swinging horizontally into the mob's body. She then added a kick to push it away a bit. Jevi managed to avoid the food pun this time.. but she didn't know how much longer before she would snap. 

Now was not the time to be thinking about that again, for thinking about Shaya caused her to lose balance last time. She stepped forward, gritting her teeth as she placed her wounded ankle on the ground. But she needed to land this attack, so she sucked up the pain and ran forward. Her movements were not quick, but they were fast enough. Luckily, Shaya had distracted the boar by kicking it in the rear, so Jevi could get the upper hand on it again. She thrusted her sword forward once she got into range, the curved blade piercing into the boar's body. 

ID: 26300
BD: 7

Shaya: 25/25 [hate: 3]

Jevi: 23/23 [hate: 5]

Boar: 3/16 (-2)

Edited by Jevi