[SP - F1] Act 1: Scene 1: Not a pretty girl! [Complete]

Act 1: Scene 1

”In order to be an effective leader, I need to learn the game and become stronger. No one will take me seriously as a level one whelp. So we have some skills here…or…at least I thought I had some skills. Great…I thought I picked a weapon skill, I must have miss clicked or something. What is this? Sneak And Hide? Well I guess that can be useful…Well, time to find me a boar…”

“Hey! Hey! You! Girl!”

Astra looked over his shoulder, his avatar made him look a bit on the womanly side, but he was very much in fact a guy. A slight exhale followed by a hmph, “Oh! Sorry. That’s a pretty unique model. I heard you talking in Town. I was moved by your speech. I used to play a wide range of games like this before SAO actually came to fruition. I don’t mind helping out if you wanna give it a go?”

“Give what a go, exactly?” Astra asked.

“A basic tutorial on how battles flow. Trust me, once you get into it…it gets kinda addictive and fun. I know we have our lives on the line every time we set out in these grasslands, especially us beginners…But I think we are pretty safe here, and the monsters that spawn aren’t too difficult. Come on, I’ll show you.”

Edited by Astraeus

Through the grasslands they walked, ”The novice training a novice,” Astra thought, but he kept his smile on his face as the man was talking about battle systems, and how they are a variation of other games he has played in the past.

“And that is all there is to it!” stated the knowledge pool of wealth newbie.

“Right…” Astra wasn’t paying attention, but he got the jist of things. He pulled out his dagger from the small sheath belt around his waist. He wielded it like a pro, or so he thought. It was just the in game mechanics kicking in at this point that made him look cool. The stance was perfect; his wrist was fluid, his eyes dead on the boar that spawned just moments ago. Cold eyes sat on the dusty brown hog like creature as it made its way towards them. 

“This is all you, Astra. Make that piggy squeal!”

Astra nodded his head; the feather like long hair unfurled away from his shoulder as he once more concentrated on this would be dangerous denizen of the grasslands. The sun in the sky beat down on them, the boar looked ahead snarling and charged.

~~~~

Turn Order: Boar > Astra

Boar: HP: 2

Astra: Lvl 1: HP: 5

Out Come! Boar: MISS!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~~~

The boar snarled and swept its head side to as it charged and ready to strike Astra in the legs with its mighty tusks! The sly tongued performer readied his position, side stepping a moment early than the boar could anticipate and was successful in evading the attack. Now was the time to make a counter attack! "Good job, Astraeus! Now, strike with your dagger!"

"I know that!"

The basic dagger danced in the palm of his hand, he would use this instrument of death to take his first step in creating his Kingdom of Pain over Aincrad. With a cocky smile, he lifted up his blade drawn hand and thrust his small dagger straight at the boar’s backside!

~~~

Boar HP: 2

Astras HP: 5

Out Come! Astra: Success!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

Astra's blow was a success against the boar, dealing one point of damage bringing its HP bar to half. The boar squealed with pain as it turned around to face him. Astra, still cocky with his last successful attack made ready for the next attack by the Pig. "Hey! Nice going, Astra. Looks like you got the hang of things."

"Woo! Go Astra!"

Out of the corner of his eyes he noticed a small little crowd of people cheering him on. He recognized some of the faces from day one as he was giving his speech. His thoughts trained back on the boar as it charged once more, its tusks aimed at his midsection. Another successful blow and this monster will be down for the count. 

The HP Bar of the Boar was down to half, and its angry red eyes glowed at Astra as if to intimidate the player. By now the system was working in his favor, just as he predicted. But it could turn on him at any moment and with a small group of people now watching it was more important now than ever to evade this next strike and get this little tutorial battle done and over with. Eyeing the beast from a short distance, he watched as the small legged fiend reared its ugly head, a battle cry triumphant as it snorted and charged once more. Silver grey eyes watched for the moment to make an evasive action. Astra twisted his ankle and moved…

~~~

Boar HP: 1

Astra HP: 5

Out Come! Boar: Miss!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

His feet bounced to the left, it was a critical mistake on the boar and completely missed his target by an exaggerated amount. The quick foot Performer turned back on his heel, his long spiky hair over flowing from one shoulder whipped around him like a maelstrom as he landed back on his foot. Astra wasted no more time, this last strike would end the Boar!

Edited by Astraeus
Derpy internet connection

The grass beneath his feet blew in that high sun. Every blade of grass seemed to trail by in the wind as Astra was about to make the final plunge of his blade into the fierce head of that gangly looking boar. He gripped his Basic Dagger with the right hand, his left hand an opened palm and then slowly closed until he charged straight at the boar. The vicious looking creature looking haggard after two back to back failed strikes.

For the first time, the crowd around him looked at those steel drawn eyes of his avatar. They saw something flicker in those cold orbs. What was Astra? Who was he in real life? They wondered about that silently, and then…

~~~

Astra: HP: 5

Outcome! Astra: Miss!

ID

Battle

Craft

Loot

MOB

~~~

The brightness, the twinkle, the gleam in those cocky eyes faded quickly. A miscalculated attack, the system won this round. The blade grazed by the boar who evaded the attack. It stomped the ground and quickly turned. It would strike Astra while his guard was down.

“Watch out, Astra. Turn around!!!” they shouted, to them he was like a hero. If he failed now, all that he would end up working for would be for not. A humiliating defeat by a boar…that would be unacceptable.

“UNACCEPTABLE!” Astra shouted as he turned, his eyes angry and frustrated.

The carnage of the boar took stride in those husky legs. Grass was torn up and tossed aside as the bowling fat pig raced towards the angered player. The frustration was unsettling and this battle dragged on for longer than he would have liked. Who would have thought this Boar, a low level grunt of a creature would actually go the distance with him, Astra, the future King of Aincrad? His blood boiled within him, anger drove him, and it the start of a turn of events. The hide of the boar ripped through Astra like a bullet, taking a shot at him by jumping head first into his solar plexus. Jostled by the attack, he watched as a fifth of his life bar went down. It struck him head on.

~~~

Astra HP: 4

Out Come! Boar: Success!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

Astraeus crashed to the ground landing on his backside. The small group of people watching over the battle seemed to snicker a smile under their breath while others held up their hands to cover their mouths. Was that a sign of weakness just now? That's what they must be thinking, "Get up, Astra! Stand!" they shouted back remembering what he said in his speech. He should not falter here. Taking a deep breath he relaxed...and then...he started to laugh and clap his hands.

"Ahhahahaha! Yes! YES! Good show, evil fiend! Now I, Astra, will be the last thing you see when you cross into that digital horizon! Now! Let's finish you disgusting beast!"

His hands fell back to his sides as the dagger was readied in his hand. A slight show of play and Astra was ready once more for combat. He took off from the ground, his feet pounding down on the turf of the field. The blades of grass being upturned by his speedy approach. With a swipe of his blade, he missed the target once more, but he kept his calm. Anger? What need was that? A trifle matter, showing such a heated emotion would cause a negative display on his status. Though his attack missed once more, it was not the end of the battle. He could be hit four more times before being totally KOed, but someone would save him if his Health go too low...right? It was an awkward feeling...if he lost to this boar...he would be shamed even in death.

~~~

Astra HP: 4

Out Come! Astra: Miss!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

The brown clad, thick skinned little bugger seemed to taunt Astra after his missed attack. Dancing side to side to show that it had the upper hand. It was actually mocking him. Beady red eyes narrowed at the Dagger Wielder and snorted, once more its stubby feet kicked the grass and charged. Astra on the defense, hoping he could evade the next attack from the wild boar!

The boar, a wild and turbo charged quadrupedal creature charged with those chipped tusks and angry snout. It roared in victory as it smashed once more towards the gut of its victim, Astraeus. The Dagger Wielder performed a leap of faith hoping he could evade the dangerous attack by this nemesis. As he seemed to have tried to duck, the tusk caught his shoulder and ram into him like a hemi. The future Aincrad Dictator fell backwards, his butt planted into the grass once more as the snotty Boar did a small little victory dance.

~~~

Astra HP: 3

Out Come: Boar: Success!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

Twice now he was shamed with an attack by that horrific brute of a pig. Getting himself off the ground, Astra shook his head. The back of his hand sweeping through the edges of his long platinum hair as he made a quarter turn to face the evil piggy! After the first successful strike of this Boar, and after his little tantrum, Astraeus vowed he would not lose his cool in this battle. Three more blows would be necessary to be taken out, and he knew for a fact once he took out the boar...he would have leveled up and he would be on his way to greater things than this...thing. Dancing with the danger in his hands, he sped like a silver bullet towards the fiend. Thrusting into the wind with a snarling battle cry, Astra charged his weapon right into the face of the wicked boar. 

Swish The blade grazed the boar again, this time he thought he had nailed it. But the last second evasive action by the boar showed that Astra was still a novice at this knife edge death match. Grunting, he spun around on his heel and lined his sights up for the boar. He missed the mark several times now against the last remaining HP the boar had, that piggy was quick on its feet. Snarling under his breath, but keeping a calm exterior, Astra readied his blade to dodge the next on coming attack.

~~~

Out come: Astra: Miss!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

The boar grunted turning its head with its long snout wet as it sniffed the air finding its target. Astra stood vigilant, his dagger ready in his hand. He was somewhat regretting not taking a skill in his weapon class, but he couldn't turn back the clock now. This was do or die time. His blue eyes shifted in the sunlight to a steel blue, he watched intently on his target as it charged at him. Bracing himself for a possible collision, Astra stood his ground and would move at the last possible moment.

The half dead hog turned and mowed down the novice dagger performer, or tried to at least. With a hand on his dagger, his left foot lifted off the ground and he side stepped like a troubadour and spun around, a miss for the wild boar. The small crowd clapped for the Performer as he took a bow, gloating at the fiery heated fiend. Astra, the cocky look on his face, showed brilliantly once more as he readied his fierce dagger.

"Come on, just one more hit will do and I can finally end this..." he breathed and calmed his body down. His eyes traveled to the angered specimen. The boar was hesitating now, perhaps it knew it's fate was at hand!

~~~

Out Come: Boar: Miss!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

~~~

With the small blade glinting in the sunlight, Astra took off like the wind charging full throttle towards the hog and threatened to skewer it. A small battle cry uplifted his spirits and he was cheered on by those who were watching, it was somewhat humiliating to see this happen...but even a beginner had to start somewhere. 

There was a golden flash from the dagger, and a horrible scream of pain as the Boar slid on its front hooves and stopped dead in the grass. Astra, was shocked and with wide eyes looked over his shoulder, finally...Victory! He jumped and yelled like a school girl in his head, but he was cool and collected on the outside. He twirled the blade in his hand and sheathed it in its place and smiled

~~~

Boar HP: 0

Astra: 3

Out Come: Astra: Success!!!

IDBattleCraftLootMOB   

"And that is how it is done..." The novice dagger wielder said.

The small crowd of people flocked to Astra as if he had over come a mighty and epic battle, but in reality it was just a boar, a low level, common, every day spawn creature. There was nothing remarkable about it, but it was a learning lesson indeed for him. He straightened his body and slid his hand through his hair, the feather accessory pointed straight up as they greeted him.

"Well done, Astraeus. That was some good fighting out there. Don't be let down that it was just a boar. A level one boar vs a level one player is just as epic as a standoff between two level thirties vs a common spawn. You did well with the execution of your movements and the dagger seemed to be at home with you. It'll be no time before you are a master at it. So! How about we looks for another---"

"Oh no!! I am done for right now. I either need to find me a smith or buy me a better dagger with more proficiency before I recklessly throw myself out to more wild hogs!" Astra laughed and clapped his hands in a wild manner as they headed back to the City of Beginnings. With a long day coming to a close, Astra was given the opportunity to stay at an inn for free, thanks to one of his admirers. Graciously accepting the token of appreciation, he found the room to be quaint yet comfortable for himself. It was odd, this feeling of being tired in this virtual world..it was unsettling.

Sleep? How could he sleep now of all times. His urges could not be pinned down by this sleepiness of the night. But, he looked outside his window...It was magnificent. The dark hues stretching over the world, clouds swirling in place with specks of magenta, blue and black and the mingling and twinkling of tiny bright stars just hoping to be sought out after by some willing eyes. Frantic, and passionate about dusk, the self-named God of Dusk strolled out of his room and he would take a walk this night in the very open world before him.

With a cheery smile, he turned towards the door and opened it. His long legs lead him down the stairs of the inn, where he waved to the NPC Keeper of the Inn. A smile and nod from his head as he ventured out door. It was beautiful indeed, he couldn't help himself from smiling so wide, "Yes! Yes! Look at all this...these colors, these shades, these hues! How night time is resplendent! I feel a song coming on~"

He twisted on his toes and hopped into the epic center of the town. People knew of this character with the bizarre costume he wore for clothing, but all the same, despite his peacock like attire, he was a man of many words and these words cut into people quickly oozing out comfort and happiness. As he stood, he smiled and people were walking by him and he just smiled, "Let the show...begin..."

Clearing his throat, the Performer opened his mouth. People stopped dead in their tracks when they heard such a soft angelic song being sung by this player of many talents. In real life, Kordello could hold a tune and with the ambient effect of the night time, it made his little ditty that much more provocative to the ears around him.

"Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses..."

A crowd of people sat down and watched as he sung, he went quiet for a moment, a light hue of red gathering on his cheek. Little kids seemed to be enjoying his song as well as they sat with the older players and watched him move about fluidly as he sang. Clearing his throat once more, he opened up and sung his heart out to them. For those who knew the Dark Romantic Script of The Phantom of the Opera, would know the difficulty of the song sung in such a way in game. However, his voice thrilled them and being naturally charismatic, the plight was that much sweeter to enjoy.

"Slowly, gently night unfurls it's splendour
Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from cold unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night..."

The simple gestures he used for each hand emphasized the syllables of each note that was carried by his voice. He would smile and tap his finger to the air as to wave to the children listening; they would giggle and watch his performance without blinking. They were all captivated by his presence, they wanted to know more about this fellow, who he was, where he came from...Anything and everything, he was building a fandom here and now, and this was the perfect opportunity for everyone to see who he was.

"Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar~~~~
And you'll live as you've never lived before..."

The lines of the last verse seemed to stimulate thought in people's minds. They were trapped in a virtual game with no way out but defeating the floor bosses and to do that, they would be spending much time together in this world. Perhaps it was time to leave their old selves behind and embrace what they have now. Astra knew of this and he was embracing the moment here and now. Once more he opened his mouth, and sung the next few lines, he would pull them into his bosom and they will adore him.

"Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
hear it, feel it, secretly possess you,
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness that you know you cannot fight
The darkness of the music of the night..."

They were charmed, captivated and enthralled by his voice, now was the time to catch them off guard. The softness of his voice changed when his vocals and mouth and the notes unfurled with such passion in his voice as he sang louder and with more presence.

"Let your mind start a journey to a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
Let your soul take you where you long to be!

Only then can you belong to me~~"

"Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night~~~"

He stepped down from his little stage as he was singing the last few lines of his song, grasping hands with those who were willing to touch him as the song intended to feel his emotions in his hands. They shook his hand, touched his arm as he passed by, anything they could do to get a feel of Astra's words and his thoughts. He was unquestionably becoming one of those most popular and unsung heroes of the age as he stood still to finish his song. He looked at the crowd and held his hands to his heart in a mock fashion, his eyes soft with the color of blue as the wind carried the notes of his tune.

"You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night~~~~~~"

"Bravo!" Shouted one man at the end as Astra gave a sweeping bow.

"Splendid!"

"Wonderful!”

“Enchanting!!”

The cheers and claps came along with a shower of flowers onto the stone street. Astraeus was humbled by their words as he bowed once more, a grin on his face as he smiled but in that mind of his…he was plotting…and these people…These people were all part of his show.

The crowd of people could not stop touching his arm or shaking his hand. He felt a bit overwhelmed by the situation, but he figured this would happen. They were so easily fooled by his façade they could not see the devious grin he wore underneath his shimmering, genuine smile.

“Thank you! Thank you! It pleases my heart that so many of you have enjoyed my late night song. I am but a humble player in this world, striving like much of you to do what is necessary to stay alive. Not all of us can pick up a sword and march to our deaths in this game. It is frightening, unknown to what may happen if we do so. But we should honor those who do so for us, for they are the true Champions in our hearts. If my voice could cast the weight off their shoulders then I’d gladly step up to be there and sing so that they shall be embraced and felt through the heart that their morale would soar and give them strength to fight!”

“BA~ LOGNE!!” the audience that surrounded Astraeus parted to a single man in the crowd who’s arms were folded into his chest. His eyes were dark brown set in deep socketed eyes. He wore a frontiersman sort of outfit, but he seemed edgy.

“You think you have everyone here fooled! But I have seen your type before, masquerading as a sheep! But dressed in that wool, you are nothing more than a wolf praying on the naïve hearts of this community! You should be ashamed of yourself!”

“What is this? What do you mean?” Astra asked.

“Don’t play stupid with me you farce! I’ve seen your type, you selfishly scheme and plot in your head at all hours of the night seeking to gain the trust of so many…and when you do, this place, falls into ruins because of some fool who can sing and dance and talk in such a pretty little tone will walk all over us! I say we give this fool no more reason to listen to him! He will end up backstabbing every one of us, should we allow him to continue this stupid and lame distraction!”

Astra was appalled and severely agitated by this brute. How dare he question his noble actions to this crowd? Thin eyes narrowed more so than he could ever produce and his brows scowled the man for a brief moment, then…

“He is right…he is…right. I could be the very one to lead us all to our doom in the coming age for however long we are stuck here. I can make empty promises of a better tomorrow, I can falsify my truths with twisted lies, I can have you all fall victims to my twisted schemes! But what is there for me to gain by that?  Dishonor and distrust, why would anyone with half a mind listen to a modicum of self-indulgent lunacy such as myself?  Every person here has a mind of their own that they can make up whether they wish to listen to me or not. I only seek what everyone here seeks, a comfortable life while we are stuck in this game. Some place to call home, to be comforted! Why should we be driven away by this? I shall say this now…Yes. I am looking to be a Support Leader in the coming times. Who knows what will happen to us when things begin to fall apart, those who fight in the frontline might fall and our war vets might die. And then, what to do when all hope seems to fade away? Who do we look to in that dire hour? I am not saying it will be me, but it might be someone here. Any one of us has the ability to make a difference. What happens later is unknown, so we should prepare ourselves for a dark age that could or could not come.”

People did not seem to understand what he meant by that, even the man in the back seemed lost with Astra’s speech. There were hushed tones; people began to deliberate between themselves of what would happen if there was a wipe during a floor boss? All those people would die and then…then who would rescue them from this game? Would there be no going back to the real world? They looked to Astra for answers.

“Now, now. Settle down. I know what you are all thinking, and that sort of thinking will get us into trouble. We have strong warriors fighting the good fight every day, I doubt any of them would foolishly toss away their life. Should that dark hour appear before us…I will still be here and I will still be doing what I can to help everyone through the dark times. Each of us will need to lend each other strength, we all must bond with one another so that our spirits are twisted into knots that cannot be broken…”

As Astra was talking, he stepped down from his little stone stage and talked to the people, looking into their eyes during his speech. He placed a shoulder over the man who seemed to have a grudge against him, “And it is people like this man…that will keep people like me in check, so that I will understand the reality of the situation. People are not tools, we are not fodder. We are living, breathing entities. And each one of us deserves a chance….”

There was more talk amongst the citizens of Starting City as the night was still new and fresh. Low spoken words of Astra becoming a Figure or Chairman of the people seemed to light a passion in their hearts, a man who can put words into action. This was the start of something grand, this was the beginning of the end.

The Performing Artist was now once more alone as the crowd dispersed around him. He waved to the those who waved good-bye at him and he did so with as smile on his face. Turning on the ball of his feet, he looked back towards the inn, the night was still young. Perhaps he could venture out for a late night stroll just to see more of the Starting City. Pale blue eyes in the darkness drank in the world before him. He was examining everything from the little's detail until he made his way out to the front gates.

He peered outwardly and whistled to himself. He was out there not too long ago fighting off boars, and that is exactly what he was seeing now. People actually ventured out late in the night to fight spawns of monsters? Peculiar, Astra sat in the grass watching a battle take place. Their might swords lopping the air and targeting their easy prey. They ganged up on one and their swords thrust into the carcass until it was no more...It was somewhat sad actually, to see it happen to that poor boar.

"The weak lose their freedom to the strong..." he mouthed quietly to himself.

Long locks of his platinum hair sprawled out in the grass in the safe zone as he looked up at the night sky, he ran one long leg over the other and placed his hands behind his head as he looked up. Each star seemed to twinkle as brightly as the next as if to outshine the other, Astra laughed to himself, but it was a different laugh...it was a stranger sort of laugh, one that was almost forced at first. But, then it turned into a weird sort of Mad Scientist kinda laugh, enough to which it made him roll over on his sides. Those walking by paid no attention to his dramatics as he giggled and bounced around in the grass laughing his pretty little head off.

"Pffftt Wuuhahaha!! Try as you might...AAAH AHAHAHA!! Little stars... HAHHAHAHA!! No one can steal my show!" his voice changed suddenly, a raspy dark tone as he clenched his fist and shook it at the moon, "And you!" he stood up pointing his finger at it.

"You! Will always pale in comparison to my beauty!" He continued his laughter through his monologue, clenching his sides and face as he doubled over with spinning laughter. The mad cackle drew a slight crowd, "Mr. Astra, sir. Are you ok?"

He stopped, his blue eyes peering through his fingers as his palm fell from his face to get a look at the person who was disturbing him. He gave a look to the individual, but a smile shown on his face, "Quite. I was merely telling myself a joke...Would you like to hear it? I am by no means a comedian...But this one is rather funny..."

The man didn't seem to be in a rush and he folded his arms, "I like a good joke every now and then, why don't you lay it on me."

"Ok! You see...there is this guy, he is a low born Troglodyte of society, much like yourself..." Astra waited to see if his insult took root of the feeble minded idiot before him, and none to his surprise the man didn't catch the meaning of the words, he heard Astra talk before, he figured he was just using some pretty language again..."Go on..." he said.

"Yes. You see, this low born annelida wanted to marry a Princess. But being a undeserving of this Princess, he set out to fight a fire breathing dragon, you see to win over her love. Should he be successful in this attempt, surely the Princess would want to marry this noble warrior. So he sets out and finds a dragon to slay! He comes across a marsh with a massive black dragon rearing its ugly head at him. Its eyes were of obsidian marble, his scales black as midnight and his breath smelled of sulfur. Raising his sword, the commoner speaks, "In the name of the Princess, I shall slay you and win over her love!" And with that a fierce battle broke out between the two. Sword and shield, fire and heat! All these components mixed and eventually a mighty stab of his sword through a soft plate opening of the dragon scales produced blood. And he rammed his mighty sword into that wound, twisted and grinding until the sword itself was devoured. The mighty black dragon toppled over dead to the world. Whipping sweat off his brow, he turned back to the kingdom and was given the audience to speak to the King and the Princess."

Edited by Astraeus
Necessary quotations

The man who was listening to this joke now seemed more like a story of a brave common warrior trying to earn the love of the Princess of a Noble Family. Therefore he sat down and continued to listen to this story and Astra continued, "Given the audience he was desired, he bowed in front of the two with great respect and then lifted himself up!"

Astra rose and made a fist in his hand and raised it as if the Knight would in the story he was telling and went on, "Today, I have vanquished the mighty black dragon in the marshlands with my own sword and shield. As you see my armor is blackened with the remnants of fire, I struck it's belly with my sword and lodged it inside until it bled to death. I come here to ask for the Princess's hand in marriage for my gallant victory. For a man such as myself who braved the world and slayed a dragon should have the ability to rule a kingdom and to marry your Princess!"

The man who was listening was struck by the story, "Did the King agree??" he asked sharply with interruption.

"Tsk, tsk. You are getting ahead of me..." Astra continued with his story, "You see, the hall went quiet and the King's lips twisted into a smile. Those who listened to this brave knight and his story looked to him to see what the verdict was...The King stood up and laughed at the knight before him, then everyone in the grand hall started to laugh! The king replied, 'You may have slain a mighty dragon, but you are no knight. Only nobility marrys into nobility. Your blood is watered down as a fisherman's son, you have no right to ask for my daughter's hand. I shall give you a gold piece for your effort...but that is all you shall get from me...' Said the king. And thus...the man shook his fist at that so called King, 'You! You! Fat Oaf! I have risked my life to slay a black dragon, to help the kingdom I grew up in, to marry your daughter and you repay me with a gold piece!? Mark my words...I will get what I deserve of you!' And then he bolted out of the castle, fuming with anger. 

That night, there was fire and smoke in the castle. There was blood on the ground in pools, the maids and the guardsmen strewn to the floor like rag dolls. It was a massacre...And out of the flames came that night, his body bloodied, his dagger in his hand thick with royal blood. He killed everyone in that kindgom, and at long last he came to the Princess's room. He entered as she sobbed holding her blanket tight in her hands...The door closed behind him...then there was screaming...and then...silence..."

The man listening to the story gulped, "Where...is the joke in that, Astra?"

"You don't get the punchline? Allow me to explain. No matter how grand and spectacular you are, if you do not have the right blood.You will never be as noble as Royalty. But that doesn't mean you can't get what you want, by any means necessary! Isn't that funny?!" Astra belted out into laughter unsheathing his dagger at the man, as it dangled in his lose hands. Astra's senile bravado made the man stiffen up and fall backwards...The Performer inching closer with that sick twisted grin, "Why so serious? Let's put a SMILE on that fa~ce!" 

Screaming at the top of his lungs the man belted for town, Astra blinked a few times and giggled sheathing his dagger in the small little cloth around his waist. He sighed and looked up to the moon, "I envy you sometimes, bathed in intoxicating darkness, surrounded by beautiful twinkling stars and you can see everything...Well, I'll show you what Astraeus can do. Once I have these wretches in my grasp, all of Aincrad will gravel at my feet and I shall be named King. But I am getting a head of myself, aren't I? There is much work to be done but for now...I must bid you a farewell!"

Tapping his heels together he bowed to the moon above him and retraced his steps back into Starting City. The makeshift lamps outside were still bright, but there were less people than before. Indeed the hour was getting late and he caught up with the man he scared outside the gates. Astra bowed and apologized profusely for his actions, "I was just caught up in the moment. It's all an act really. I am a performer after all~" his voice in that melodic tone. The man shook his head, "You gave me quite the scare out there Astra. I feel I can trust you, but you do have just a touch of that dark side, don't you?"

Astraeus' face was solemn, and he placed his hands behind his back and turned his back on the man. He lowered his eyes and thought of his father for a brief moment, "My daddy used to tell me that every man has his devil and you can't rest 'till you find him..." With that, Astra took a step and left the man to ponder his comment.

"That guy, Astra...There is something about him."

"He's wonderful!"

"He's dreamy!"

"That guy...scares the hell out of me..."

The fan girls turned and clocked him in the head for the rude comment. Indeed the later was right, the beginning of the end had happened the moment he took breath into this world. Astra was not a 'No Body,' he was a 'Somebody,' and he would show the world his true face one day. His plans right now were just mere dreams, mere seedlings taking root in the soil of people's minds. When the world is ready for Astra, he shall outshine them all.