[SP - F1] Act 1: Scene 1: Not a pretty girl! [Complete]

The clicking of his booted heals came down on the street, his eyes lowered in the dark light of the sky, his face hung low as he was thinking of the future. He sighed and kicked a rock, coming up to a small pond. He plopped down on the ground and thrust his fingers through the waters, disturbing the reflection of his face till it rippled over. His normally cheery expression had been replaced with a less than melancholy appearance.

"It will be difficult what I am trying to do...these sad fools trying to rush through and end this little dream of mine. How sadly mistaken they are if I am going to make it easy for them...But the main problem is those veteran warriors. I need some assassins under my belt. Those who are not scared to die, fearlessly killing anyone that stands in their way. Mercenaries maybe? I don't have the col...Ugh! And I couldn't be the one to ask, that would ruin my element of surprise...How did Palpatine do it? I don't think it would pertain to this situation though..."

He skimmed the water with his fingers again flicking the remnants off his digits until the light flecks of water splashed and rippled the water. He fell backwards looking into the darkness of the sky. Again he was doing this to himself, it was a battle everyday to endure this. Why could he not simply let things go like the past? They haunt him now, they haunt him forever. Eyes closing...thoughts wandering. It was simple...because he was selfish. He wanted everything. Lips curved...a smile...his smile. 

In the safe zone, Astra was snoring lightly in the grass in fetal position. The loudness of monster hunting yards away when the early sun rose to greet him, kissed his face with the warmth and ascended to the heavens. Sleepily, his groggy eyes opened and he yawned stretching out. His sapphire eyes still groggy as half lidded eyes searched around, his hair a mess as he stumbled to get up and wobbled lightly. He patted his clothing down and stretched once more, arms going out and about and he felt the growl of his stomach. Blinking and looking around, he hadn't noticed he slept outside. That was a first...

He turned on the ball of his foot and headed back into town. It was robust and lively this morning, fresh smell of foods from the cafe drew him in with their scents, the laughing and playing of the children in the small little orphanage he helped run skittered about outside, "Good morning children!" Astra said sharply!

"Good morning!" they waved back as he went inside. He was not alone in this thankfully, several motherly type figures were helping around as well. Most of the still level one players, but they decided it would be best that the children be taken care of and allowed those who wanted to fight in the front lines to do so. The children, they were helpless...but this was a good way for Astra to secure his future title as King, was to help the people that needed help. 

The Performing Artist wasn't great at cooking, but he was somewhat helpful with keeping the children healthy and strong willed during these stressful times. He went upstairs, there was a young girl here about the age of twelve or so, she was alone, so alone. She rarely came out of the room, barely ate. Astra tried hard to get a smile on her face, his normal tactics had no effect. He walked by and smiled, she was sitting by the window and just staring out into the city.

"Violet, dear. Would you like to go outside for a walk? Its a beautiful day..."

There was no answer as Astra put on the best happy face he could muster, he sighed gently and nodded his head, "If you change your mind--"

"I am never going to see my parents again, will I?" Astra's eyes grew, for the first time...he was a loss for words.

Astra looked to the floor and closed the door shut behind him. He inhaled and walked towards her sitting in a chair next to her, looking out the window. He wondered what he should say. The little girl didn't say anything, she just starred, no look of apathy or sympathy showing on her face. Just emptiness...

"I am not going to lie...There is a very good chance that there will be no end to this nightmare. We could be stuck here until...well, until our bodies give out in the real world. But we should take each day as it comes and hope that the Assault Teams and such are doing what they can to finish this game," Astra replied, though he figured it was not something she wanted to hear. He looked to her, she made no movement, her green eyes were still empty.

"What are you doing to help? Sitting here next to me, that's not helping to finish this game. Why aren't you helping?"

"Well, that's a complicated question..."

"Everything is complicated. My parents always said things like that, but they never did anything. Even now, stuck here...the grown ups just do as they wish..." She stood up, which alarmed Astra, the look in her eyes, they were almost menacing, frightening...he secretly admired it for a brief moment. Her tiny small hands were turned to fists. Was she really just twelve years old? Such maturity...

"I'm gonna do something about it. I won't be like a grown up! I'm actually gonna do something! Thank you, Astra. Maybe one day...we can go out for that walk." she turned around and bolted for the doorway...That was the last time he ever saw her.

The rest of the day was nothing special. He told the children a story about a Princess and a Frog that they seemed to enjoy before going off to bed. This life here...it was comfortable for him. And those fighting out in the front lines, risking their lives for everyone else. It was admirable but foolish. Here you can become a King, a God. Not like in the real world. He folded his arms as he leaned back in the couch...his soft blue eyes fluttering open and close. There was silence, nothing but silence.

Sleep, Astraeus...Sleep...

End of Scene 1:

Rewards:

+1 SP

+400 Col

Edited by Astraeus