[PP-F2] Time Flies (Shaya)

How long had it been since I had been stuck in the death game? A few days? A week? Maybe even a month? I had completely lost track of time. Fighting monsters, getting loot and chatting up pretty (and sometimes stubborn) girls took up the time I would have used to check the date.

I'd made a lot of friends in SAO. Eliza, Xion, Emer and Jevi, just to name a few. How many would I have in the end? Would I even make it through? Where were my Japanese friends I was staying with? These questions did laps in the giant, wavy swimming pool that was my mind. I had to find some way to clear it, but I couldn't find out how...

I woke up beside the rock I had chosen as a resting place earlier. I had that same bloody dream; following a girl, with blue hair and blinding light covering her from the neck down, through a stone corridor. Each time I had the dream, five times at that point if I recall, I found a new corner. I could feel myself getting closer to what was at the end. Was it a monster? Another person? Hidden power? I knew I would find it one day, and hopefully when I needed it most.

I sat up from the rock and gazed out over the dark fields - darker than floor one at least - and large mountains. I was going to make it further, I vowed to do so. The light breeze played with my silver hair and upright black collar. What was going to happen that fine day?

Shaya found herself roaming the second floor, she had certainly became a lot braver since she had first arrived in this game of death. She was in search of people to meet and anything she could find to loot, she kept her eyes open for a hidden chest seeing as there will certainly be more here than the first floor. She stumbled upon a boy lying on the ground rested up against a rock. She approached him from behind trying to see if he was dangerous. She decided it was safe and crouched beside him, looking at him closely she spoke, Whatcha doin'?

I suddenly heard a female's voice right beside my ear. Many would jump at that, but me? No, I stayed still and replied coolly, "Nothing really. Just thinking about this virtual life we're all living," I told her, before I turned my head to look at her and...

My god, I could have sworn my heart skipped a whole five beats. Out of all the women I had met in the death game, this girl was by far the most beautiful. I kept my gaze locked on her face, as her confused eyes looked back at me.

I snapped out of it and shook my head, blushing lightly. I must have looked like a real creep to her. Bad first impression. I attempted to continue on the conversation, "H-how about you? What are you doing?" I stuttered, still recovering.

Shaya sat next to the boy satisfied with his answer, Wow, he looked like he just saw an angel ascend from the sky... or was it descend? Eh, whatever.  She struggled with her own thoughts regretting never finishing school. I'm just walking around. Maybe I'll find something cool, but so far I found you. She laughed waving her hand at him jokingly. She kept her eyes fixated on him for a second, swearing she's seen him before. My name's Shaya. She gave him a warming smile before turning to look up at the sky watching the clouds run overhead.

I threw a frown as she basically insulted me, as if saying I wasn't cool. I am cool... Right? That's a debate for another day, though. She introduced herself as Shaya, and I gladly obliged by introducing myself back (with an added compliment), "Shaya... Nice name. It has a sweet ring to it. My name's Grave, kinda the opposite of yours," I gave her a kind of goofy grin.

I looked around the area, seeing if I could find something... Then I had a bright idea to melt what little ice was between me and this bright girl. I stood up, stretching, before looking down at Shaya, "Come. I have something interesting to show you," I told her with a warm smile.

Shaya smiled at his compliment, Awh thanks doll. I don't think your name's bad though, it sounds cool. Grave then asked her to follow him as he stood up, Oh? What kind of interesting thing? She stood up and began walking right after him. Oh I wonder if it's a bar! No.. he wouldn't have any clue how much I drink. Oh well, I still hope it's something pretty cool.

Shaya smiled at his compliment, Awh thanks doll. I don't think your name's bad though, it sounds cool. Grave then asked her to follow him as he stood up, Oh? What kind of interesting thing? She stood up and began walking right after him. Oh I wonder if it's a bar! No.. he wouldn't have any clue how much I drink. Oh well, I still hope it's something pretty cool.

I blushed as she complimented my name. Usually I'm the one flirting, but the tables got turned on me that day, and I must admit, it felt pretty damn good. I began to lead Shaya across the dark grass. I knew she was going to like the surprise; she seemed like the kind of girl who would.

We soon approached one of the signature small mountains of the second floor. I turned around to Shaya, "You can climb mountains, right?" I asked her awkwardly.

They both walked along passing by many rocks and shrubs, the breeze was light but cooling. Shaya came to a full stop upon hearing the word "climb." C-climb.. as in up off the ground? Really high climbing? She began to tremble in place just thinking of her fear, she then curled up placing her hands on her head, No, no, no. I-I can't climb. She started to vision what had happened in her past, mumbling the words she said as it went on.

Jeez, that was not the reaction I was expecting from her. However, I did attempt to comfort her. I crouched down in front of her and placed a soft hand to her hands on her head, "Oh, really? I'm sorry, I didn't know something like that would scare you..." I apologized, a sympathetic smile crossing my lips, "I guess I'll just have to find something else interesting to find..." I teasingly complained.

What she didn't know is how worth the journey would be. If I had to, I'd carry her (actually, I'd rather do that than have her tag along normally in the first place), but I wasn't sure if she'd let me.

As Shaya's panic began to die down, she felt bad that she ruined his idea to have some fun. I-i'm sorry.. I just cant stand heights.. and if your next plan has swimming you cannot include me. She was slow to get up, feeling a little dizzy she still continued. Without asking she threw her arm around Grave's shoulder. I'm gonna need a little help getting around for the next few minutes.. What did you have in mind for a backup plan?

Thankfully, I hadn't planned on any swimming that day. This girl was just about as delicate as I thought, and I decided I'd try to protect her the best I could. I felt her arm go around my shoulders and I tensed up for a moment, before relaxing and blushing slightly, "Yeah, s-sure," I stuttered. My ideals had been flipped on their heads that day, in a good way.

I tenderly placed my arm around her waist to support her, unsure of whether she minded or not. When she asked about my backup plan, I stood stock still before speaking with a half-frozen mouth, "Well... Um... You see, I didn't really have a backup pl-" I began, but then I realised what we could do, "Actually, come to think of it, incredible things happen in the forest, you know," I gave her a flirtatious wink, meaning the innuendo, but hoping she would get my actual meaning. 

Shaya sighed with relief knowing he had at least one more plan. Thank goodness, I thought that I was gonna ruin our day entirely. As the two walked along Shaya's balance got better, soon enough to the point of her walking on her own with only a little struggle. Alright, I think you can let me go. She lifted her arm back from around Grave, looking a little wobbly, she began walking on her own again. Shaya tried to pass the time hoping he wasn't paying too much attention to her walk. So what are we gonna do in the forest?

I let Shaya go as she told me to, and looked on as she wobbled forwards. She didn't look like she was going to drop or anything, but she definitely didn't have all her balance back yet.

When she asked me what we were going to do in the forest, I grinned, "That's a surprise, Miss Shaya. I promise I won't try anything naughty though," I clarified, just so she knew I wasn't trying to make a move on her.

Ah I love surprises.. Well at least good surprises. I wonder what it could be. Shaya's ears twitched hearing the word "naughty" specifically. She squinted at him trying to figure him out. What's this guy planning? She looked forward once more and asked a few questions to pass the time. Sooo... How old are you Grave? She gave him a curious look, not being able to tell at all.

Most would be stunned when asked how old they were, but for me it wasn't a problem, "I'm twenty four, and I turn twenty five in June next year. It's been about a month or so after this started in November, right? So I've got about half a year to go," I told her. I guessed she was only about nineteen or twenty, if that, "How about you? If you don't mind, I mean," I asked, unsure if she would mind me asking the question. I strolled past the treeline and into the forest, before looking back to see Shaya still hobbling along. Sighing, I extended a hand to her to provide a little bit of support.

Shaya glanced over at Grave, Twenty four really!? I would've thought of him as twenty one the oldest. I gotta learn his secret to looking so young. He returned the question and she smirked liking her age much more, I am nineteen, I will turn twenty in October next year. Grave was pretty far ahead of Shaya and offered her a hand, it wasn't like her to ask for help whenever she could do something herself. She moved Grave's hand out of the way and continued. I said I can walk hun. I don't need a hand now.

So I was right. She was nineteen-twenty. I wondered if she would mind my flirting... When she moved my hand out of the way, I was a little disappointed, but I flushed a little pink when she called me 'hun'. No one ever used words like 'hun' or 'sweetheart' with me, so it was a nice change.

We continued further into the forest, and I kept checking back at Shaya to make sure she was okay. The further we walked, the better she got. I was pretty relieved by that. The forest got darker as we travelled further in, but no way was I going to take us right into the depths. She would soon see her surprise...

Shaya began walking better and soon she was back to normal, walking right next to Grave. She noticed the forest begin to get darker and darker as the went deeper in.  I think we're somewhere near the starting city if I'm not mistaken. Shaya looked at Grave seeing how quiet he was, Talk to me hun, what's on your mind? She stepped happily bouncing a little as she put one foot in front of the other. She began humming the tune of a melody that she heard when she was younger.

Edited by Shaya

"Oh, p-pardon?" I stuttered as Shaya broke me from my trance, "Well, since I've had to change my surprise, I'm just thinking of how to carry it out," I told her. I had most of my plan thought out, but I wasn't sure if she'd like it that much...

Then she began to hum a tune. It sounded rather... Nostalgic, like I'd heard it before. Some time in my childhood... Had I met Shaya before, in the real world?