[PP-F2] The First Step of Many, A Journys Beginning with Astraeus

Aramail teleported herself to the second floor of Aincrad. Apparently, in order for her to use her martial arts to full effect in this world she needed a special skill. And in order to get that special skill, she needed to travel to the second floor and remove a boulder blocking the way to a dungeon. She didn't know if the skill was in destroying the boulder, or in the cave that rested behind it. Even if that was the case, she didn't care. All she wanted was the damned skill that allowed her fists to be used what they were made for. Causing pain to things. More than once she'd seen people, mostly men, compare their steel weapons. Using a blade as a weapons was, distasteful to Aramail. Knifes were tools, and swords were just larger knifes. She laughed to herself as she recalled a man 'assaulting' her last summer. The man had tried to rape her, and had brandish a knife. And in retaliation, she dislocated the man's shoulder and broke his ulna in three separate places, and fractured his humerus. Hey daydreaming aside, she found that she had made it to the dungeons entrance. And indeed there was a large boulder blocking it's entrance. She sized it up, staring at it studying on where to strike first.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astraeus was passing by, just passing by when he looked out of the corner of his striking blue eyes, "How peculiar..." he thought to himself. As he walked along the dotted path, she probably didn't hear him walk up behind her. Astra was silent, examining the same large rock that seemed to block an impressive opening only to be unannounced as he stood there with his finger tapping his chin.

"You know, I don't think its the Seventh Day yet, I think he is still sleeping..." Astra chuckled, referring to Jesus returning from the dead on the seventh day. "Alas, I'm sorry if I offended you, I find religion to be...comical at times, especially stuffing people inside of old caves and immovable rocks to block the entrance." Astra flipped the long locks of platinum hair from his shoulder as woman would do, his graceful fingers sweeping through the long locks until he folded his arms.

"My name is Astraeus, it is a pleasure to meet you and your friend there..." he said pointing to the massive rock.

Edited by Astraeus

Aramail turned her head slowly to face, a woman? No, the voice was far to masculine. A feminine man then. She ran her eyes over him, eying him. Mostly to size him up and discern a taste for him. His attitude was lacking, she found his humor to be, lacking. Aramail turned back to the rock, finding it suddenly more pleasurable company. "I'm 'Aramail'." She replied, her voice very monotone, due to years of working as a secretary. She placed her hand on the boulder, feeling a spot to see if it was crucial to the rock. "And Jesus slept for two days, and rose on the third. God created the world, and the universe in seven. But with so many iterations, it's understandable how one could become confused." She said, correcting the man on his quip. "So, what reason do you have to be here?" Aramail asked, not removing her attention from the boulder, but was polite as to not ignore the man.

His blue eyes squinted, "Touche..." he said internally. His focus was back on this woman. His eyes sharp and narrow as he examined her; nothing special, but there was a tone in her voice, serious and quick to the meat of the bone. He studied her for a moment, and received her name; Aramail, he would burn it into his mind to remember that name.

He laughed and clapped his hands wildly with gusto and replied to her question, "I was merely passing by, that is all. I have not seen you around before and I try to make it a habit to learn who people are. Yes, there a probably thousands of people on this little love boat of ours, but there are a few certain people that stand out above the rest. And for that, I make it an extra special effort to know who they are. You never know when you will need some...close allies."

Astra gleamed with a twinkle in his eyes as he looked at the boulder in front of her, she seemed to be examining it with much thought and desire, perhaps there was something inside of it that she needed? "Is there something special about this hunk of rock?" he inquired.

Aramail looked at Astraeus. "Love, Boat?" She asked, confused slightly. "And what do you mean by 'close allies'? And do I stand out? Is that a good thing?" She asked him again. She didn't quite understand him quite clearly, and Aramail didn't want to leap to conclusions. She went back to the boulder patting the spot she had been touching. "And yes. This part of the rock." She said, before taking a small step back and entering a stance. "Is weak here." She said, before reaching forward with her fist, plowing it into the face of the rock. Apparently Aramail was wrong with her guess and a few trickles of red pixels dripped from her hand. She took a sharp breath through her nose, and sighed almost smiling as she removed her fist from the boulder. "More solid than I gave it credit for." Aramail said, touching the boulder again judging the rocks toughness again. Trying to find a different spot. She knew her father could've easily break this boulder, but she refused to think that only he  could do it. And what was worse, was that she made a total fool of herself in front of this stranger. Some 'Master of martial Arts' she was, unable to break some lame boulder.

ID:26144 BD: 5 [No Dmg]

Astraeus clapped his hands and laughed from her questions, the twinkle in his blue eyes never fading as a swift wind blew gently over them. His long platinum hair once more giving way off his shoulder and billowing to the right. The wind died for a moment, his long cloak skirt around his waist coming to a full halt as it settled and only slightly moved with the breeze. It was then she caught a glimpse of her body and face, those eyes were very strong. He could sense that if only momentarily, yes; indeed. She was special. And he noticed this when she decided to give the rock a good punch but fell short of doing any real damage. At this time Astra leaned on his right foot as his hip jutted to the opposite side. 

"Quite...So you need to break this rock, yes? And I get the feeling your trying to feel around for a weakness. Good show. But do you think your fists alone will do any real damage to it? I mean, the rock looks pretty formidable, perhaps another way of thinking will help. Rocks corrode with time and are strained by the weather, yes? Perhaps if we looked for a crack...or a hairline fracture in the mass, then perhaps we can chip it away from there? Or..."

Astraeus looked around and thought about the players in town, "Do you think if we used some sort of chemical on it to weaken the structure, that will be enough to crack this one open?"

Aramail didn't look at Astraeus as she scanned the rock again. She listened to him though. A hairline fracture, or a crack would show a weakness in the boulder, but with her eyes and fingers she didn't feel any that were obvious. Perhaps there was a hollow spot within the boulder, that would help break it's weathered skin. She turned to him, when he mentioned an alchemical mean of making the boulder weaker. "If you are implying that I use a potion of sorts to make this trial by any means 'easier' I'll respectfully decline." Aramail said, going back to the boulder. The boulder was tough, yes. But she could, nay, would overcome it. She'd seen her father break rocks twice the size of the one if front of her. And she dropped back into her stance. Her fist flew forward at a blinding speed, and her fist contacted the rock. Her blow caused the rock the crack vertically, but no split in twin. She'd need more practice for trying that again in the future. "When something's in your way, you move it." She said, pulling her now pixelated bleeding hand from the boulder. It didn't damage her HP any at all it seemed, which was good. And better yet, she had just proved her point.

ID: 26146 BD: 10 [3 dmg]

Boulder HP: 3/6

The rock was jostled by her mighty punch! The stance she used, the thrust of her arm all seemed to come into perfect unison as it made the rock quiver before her, Astra clapped his hands when there was a show of improvement in the attack but to forgo an easier method to just prove a point; "Hrm, all brawn and no brains. This one might be easy to sculpt like wet clay, on the other hand...if she becomes dry and brittle; she'll be useless to me...I must find out more about her..."

"Fantastic work, there! I had no idea that this thing could be hammered down with a hard hitting punch like that. You must be talented...or the game felt sorry for you... Alas, it seems it will be only a matter of time before this thing is taken down. Perhaps brute strength is all that is necessary to break it down to rubble. But pardon me for retrieving a piece of conversation from earlier. I would have liked to explain a bit more on the matter of allies. You see, I have been gathering some information on the player base and finding out who is who. I help run a shelter in town for the small children that have been lost and confused within the game; it seems like a burden to care for them, but I find it to be rewarding in itself. But I am always on the look out for partners. I am by means no fighter, I rather use my brain rather than my fist...!!"

Astra stopped himself, "Well, I mean...I'm not good with weaponry, and I am not good with fighting beasts and monsters to say in the least. I am what you would call a support role, my virtues lie elsewhere. So you see, we could compliment one another, yes? You have the tendency to dish out the damage, and I am more of a buffing player. So...you scratch my back...and I'll scratch yours?"

The Performer was using simple words now for the player character. She obviously knew of some things, and she seemed more like a brute than a thinker of sorts. He could not make that judgement alone however from watching and hearing her responses, he decided that she was more 'hands on.' Yes, that would probably be the best way to put it.

Aramail took in a deep breath, and sighed. Calming her body down from the shock her hand took. She enjoined this feeling. The twinging pain ringing in her arm. Made her feel more, alive. More human. She looked over her shoulder to Astra, and his sob story about 'Orphaned' children. "What the children should do, is stop relaying on you, and grow up. Like I did." She said again, placing her hands into the crack of the boulder preparing it for another blow. She rolled her eyes as Astra when he said that he was more of a thinker than a fighter. Of course he was. He would be more worried about the condition of his hair than doing anything. She sighed. "What do you mean by, 'Scratching Backs?' Can you not reach it?" Aramail said, in thought. "Oh, I believe I get it. You mean I help you, and you'll help me. Yes?" She said, thrusting her fingers into the boulder. As she did, a loud crack could be heard, and the sifting of rocks and gravel could be heard from behind the boulder. "What can you possibly do, that would assist me?" Aramail asked, pulling her hand from the boulder, and looking at the man. She was making progress on the boulder, but it was thicker then she had first anticipated.

ID: 26147 BD: 8 [1 dmg]

Boulder HP: 2/6

The Performer was a bit taken back by her reply about the children. While he would divulge to her his plans of the future, right now would probably make a mess of things for himself. He sighed and shook his head, flipping the platinum strews of hair from his face and from the sun and back over his shoulder, "Surely, everyone needs a little guidance now and then. It is true, they should be fending for themselves, but it is not their fault they are stuck here and that they are scared. Not everyone has the concrete foundation of sturdiness of others. Even you...Did you not rely on your mother and father when you were a child or even a baby perhaps? Were you not taken care of? It is one thing to walk alone, but not everyone needs to walk that path alone. I highly doubt you could take a floor boss alone, you need people in this death game. Alas..."

He watched with anticipation as she struck another hard blow to the victorious boulder, it seems it was cracking a bit from the sheer force of her blows. It was only a matter of time before it crumbled before her defiant punches, perhaps she was not striking the boulder...but visually seeking it as someone from her past? Was she trying to make a point here?

"Precisely, my dear. I think we can help each other a good deal. As far as what I can do..." he stopped to think of the skills he has in his repertoire and honestly, he was little more than a guy with good looks, this was a troublesome question indeed, "Well, I don't have much in ways of combat at the moment. However, I rely more on less than savage ways. As I said, I am quite good with information gathering and I will eventually have the skills that will lend me to this purpose, but as of right now...I have a mere dagger to defend myself, as all you have are your fists. Everyone needs to start somewhere..."

A less than satisfactory answer for her, he was sure of it. She was probably expecting more from his after his bravado of being a witty thinker. A dagger? It was just a tool at this point, a blade no more impressive than he.His eyes searched for a more competent answer as he looked at her back, she barely gave him any glances. 

"Do you like music? I could sing...you a little tune. It might not do any good now, but I have a fairly good voice, and eventually I will have the tools necessary that will help in battle should you be in need of such devices. But for now, I am a just a commoner with means as much as your own...." Astra was trying to stay collected, he was giving it all he had...this troglodyte was more abrasive than he thought and probably just as dense as the boulder as well.

Aramail had stopped short of striking the boulder again. Why? Was it something Astra said. He reminded her of his father. Constantly spouting nonsense about how she should be helping others. Why would she help others succeed, while she was stuck here. She sighed and leaned her forehead against the cracked boulder, taking in the words of the man. Devoting her concentration to understanding him. He was right, and she couldn't believe it. "My father used to say the stupidest thing. He would say 'You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you'll discover true strength'. And then he broke my nose." She said, letting out a sigh. "Forgive me. For being rude." She said, apologizing. "And I'd be more than happy than to work alongside you." She said, facing him. "You can sing?" Aramail let out a soft chuckle. "That I'd like to hear." She said, turning her attention back to the boulder. She threw another fist into the boulder, now wearing a loud grin on her face. The boulder didn't budge, didn't make a single sound. Aramail removed her hand from the boulder and dusted it off. "I'm afraid that song will have to wait." She said, as soft cracking could be heard from the boulder. Cracks all alongside the boulder could now be seen appearing on the outside. The boulder visibly shuddered, and fell apart from the inside out. "Well, shall we see what's inside?" Aramail asked, taking a step into the now cleared entrance.

ID: 26148 BD: 10 [3 dmg]

Boulder HP: -1/6

Bedazzled by her barbaric might, Astra peered through the empty darkness before them, "Oh yes! Ladies first!" he said bowing his head and gesturing to go first...He would not risk his life falling into a deep and dark pit for someone as archaic as this woman. But he wore his smile as vibrant as the sun as the moment they met and he pondered her father's words. There was wisdom in there...somewhere. But...

"He broke your nose?" Astra gasped attempting to relive what she experienced, why would a father do such a thing to their offspring? Perhaps that was just the way things were done in her house, the Curious Performer would not question or judge someone based off of that. But perhaps this father of hers molded this girl into who she is now. Astra wondered and pondered, lightly tapping his finger to his chin, as he would normally do when he was in deep thought. Perhaps he can...change her somehow, mold her into something he could use. Of course, everyone is a tool for him. He would sculpt his future with those tools if need be and when they were dull--

"Oh yes! I'm coming! I was just thinking of what lovely song to sing to you when the time was right. But the moment of truth! We are now on an adventure deep into the unknown darkness! Who knows what monsters or creatures are lurking in the shadows...Yes! There are things that go bump in the night!" he said as he gestured with his hands a sort of groping the air.

Edited by Astraeus
derpy internet and a redundant line

Aramail looked around the cave. Of course it lead to a dungeon of sorts, at least that's what the quest guide told her. Aramail waited a few seconds, allowing her eyes to adjust to the light before taking a look around the mouth of the cave. She was on her guard, ready to leap back should a hostile creature appeared or worse, if a trap was triggered. "Keep your wits about you. Who knows what's in here." She said to the man following her. Walking a few feet inside, the path ended. In front of them stood a wall, with words carved into them. Aramail read aloud. "I tolerate the moon and stars,I can't abide the sun. Banish me with torch light. And you'll see me turn and run." Aramail said, scratching her head. She wasn't good at word games or riddles. Her most proud moment was soling a Sudoku puzzle while in a meeting. "I don't get it. Stars and moons give off light, like a torch. Maybe it's fire?" She sighed, aggravated. She turned to look at the man following her. "Hey, you're smart, you can solve this right?" She asked him, almost pleadingly.

They had only begun getting their feet dirty as they entered into the maw of unknown. Astra, who was still deep in thought, was shaken when the female in front of him had discovered an immovable wall, he thought... "Why don't you just punch it a few times? That'll solve everything..." he said to inwardly and in a sarcastic tone. But he sighed and shook his head, flipping the long platinum locks of hair from off his shoulder. He stepped closer to the wall and reexamined the riddle, and he pondered once more. 

"Hrm...hrmm..." is all he said scratching his chin, "Well, I am smart, but you hardly need to be smart to solve a riddle. Let's break it down shall we? The first insert 'I tolerate the moon and stars...' That can mean many things, but what comes to mind right now is 'night'. Since the moon and stars come out at night, BUT moon and stars can also be seen in daylight, so I don't think the word 'night,' will be used to solve this. Then we have, 'I can't abide the sun.' Simply meaning that it won't obey its rules. 'Banish me with torch light, and you'll see me turn and run..."

Astraeus went silent; he turned his back on the riddle and thought for a few moments. His dainty fingers scratching his head, his right foot tapping the ground as he seemed to ponder on the riddle. More 'hmms' can from his unopened mouth and he folded his arms and scrunched his noes in frustration, "Think Astraeus...it is not that...hard even a fool can see--!"

He turned on his heels and blurted out "Eureka!" planting a fist in an open palm, "Yes! What a marvelous riddle! You understand, yes? Sight! What do you see, what can't you see? 'Banish me with torch light and you'll see me run and hide! That's so simple! The answer is Darkness!" He was excited, like a child. But his excited smile turned into a Cheshire grin, "Unfortunately the riddle maker has never met someone like me...True Darkness can never fade from the light no matter how bright it may be..." 

Astraeus gave a warm smile to Aramail, "Oh I do hope there are some more of them!"

Aramail watched the man parade around, thinking. And what bugged her was that he thought aloud. He probably just did it to concentrate better, like listening to music. As he continued to walk through the riddle, it actually dawned on her as well. It made sense when it was said aloud like that. She turned and faced the wall, which bore the riddle. And as Astra gave out the word 'darkness', the room was cast into it. A slab dropped from the ceiling from behind them and enshrouded them both in the darkness of the cave. And a voice echoed. "As you wish. Darkness." Aramail strained to see, but the absolute absence of light made it impossible. She'd be better off with her eyes closed at this point. "Who's there?" Aramail called out, speaking to the darkness. "My name is not important, what is however, your lives. First off, I'm glad that you have accepted my challenge. You have already proven yourselves strong in body, to move my boulder. And strong in mind to answer my riddle." The voice stopped, leaving the two in darkness for a minute or two. Aramail sat in silence, trying to listen to see if anything else was there. "Now for the final challenge. Show me your prowess." The rock wall which held the riddle slid up to reveal an old man several feet away. He dropped into a martial art pose and looked at the two. "Defeat me. And I will unlock your potential." At those words Aramail smiled. "That's the way it is then, huh old man? What's your name?" She said, stepping forward, and getting into a stance herself. The man remained silent and looked at Aramail, perhaps unable to speak due to his coding. Or simply because Aramail didn't ask the correct question. "Tut, be that way then." She said, reading herself again. His stance was familiar, and the game company most likely bought someone who was brand name, instead of an actual master of the art. She shuffled her way to the old man, as did the old man to her. He reached out with his left fist, which Aramail swiped away bringing her foot up to a kick. In which the old man caught and tossed aside. Aramail spun, to collect herself, perhaps the fight would more tougher than she thought. She thought of Astra, and how he would be in a fight. "Astra, stay out of the way. If you can, try and find a way out of here." Aramail said, returning to her fight.

Edited by Aramail

They were swallowed up by the unknown darkness, a seemingly disembodied voice spoke to them in that dark cavern as Astra placed a hand on the wall to keep himself still. His eyes could not see through the pitch blackness that enveloped them, he cursed lightly under his breath, was this a trap? He stood still listening to the two of them chatter back and forth about the next challenge. "Oh fun, a fight!" he said in a dry, sarcastic voice. Hands still on the walls, Aramail seemed to want to take this challenge alone, which Astra did not mind at all. He remembered the boar and how he was almost defeated by it. He shook his head and stepped to the right, keeping his hand on the wall for support.

As Aramail got into her fighting stance, or at least, that is what Astraeus assumed she'd be in when the challenge was called for, she called out to him to look for a way out. Well, that was an easy task, "All we have to do is go back the same way we...Ugh...Oh, my. I seem to have lost my sense of direction when the lights went out. No worries though, I should be able to handle this task...Hopefully! Look on the bright side! Should we fail, no one will see us die! Hahahaha!!!" he laughed and clapped in place letting his hand slip off the wall and then bouncing off another.

"I'm ok!" he said getting up and dusting himself off. "Now let's see..." Astra placed his hands out in front of him to feel around for the wall to the sides. The darkness was all around, surrounding and devouring. It was hard to see except for the faint skirmish up ahead. He heard rustling, "Oh! I hope your giving that NPC one crazy wallop!" He said in an enthused voice as he continued to back track through the cave until he went head first into a rock and knocked him off balance. He twisted and spun on his foot to stay in place, yet, once again, he lost his sense of direction.

"Well, don't that just beat all?" he laughed to himself, he once more heard the clash of fists and some panting, his hands outstretched and felt something...odd.. His fingers dug into the material and it almost felt...squishy.

"My dear...I think I found something!" Something indeed! Astra was groping the woman's breast!

Aramail continued deflecting blows, and exchanged a few with the old man as well. He was a tough old bird, but something about him felt off. She took a moment to step back, listening to Astra flail in the back ground. Sounded like he was having a hard time navigating in the darkness. If only he'd shut up, and concentrate more of finding his way than talking he'd find a way out of here by now. Aramail sighed, and looked back at her opponent now knowing who he was. "You're master Haschel. Master and founder of the rouge school martial arts." She said. The old man stopped, and bowed to her. "I am indeed. Now armed with the knowledge of a true martial artist. Please, use this skill wisely." And with that, the Old man turned and walked away. Aramail sighed, and took one step forward and bumped into something. Lights came on, and revealed Astra clasping her breast, squeezing it off and on again. Her face turned a bright pink, followed by red as the man's hand rested upon her breast. She stood there, amazed at Astra's bluntness. She coughed once, he face glowing red. "Oh. I think you found something!." She said, knocking Astra on the back of his head.

When the lights came on, Astra has unknowingly groped the woman. In his mind it all made sense then, and then he quickly retracted his hand from her bosom and was knocked over by her might fist to the back of the head. Sliding a bit on the ground, he laughed a and got himself up and dusted his attire off. "A lesson learned," he said holding a finger up and waving it back and forth at himself. Blue eyes scanned the area, "Since we have light now, I suppose we can make our way back. Actually, just as I was ugh...feeling around, I was able to come to the conclusion that the exit was just over here..."

Astra mused to himself, "It was an accident! If I really wanted to feel you up, I would have done something a bit more romantic...I'm not one of those playboys that just goes around chasing skirts around town or something. I completely apologize for that!" he swept his hand over his waist and bowed to her apologetically and erect his form once more, "I believe the exit is over here. See!? I was somewhat helpful!" he said laughing to himself, giving a good chuckle.

As they were walking through the cave once more towards the exit, Astra looked back with his hands behind his back, "So, you got what you were looking for, yes? All in all, it was quite the adventure we had. I know I wasn't much use there, I should have paid more attention to my surroundings. Alas! It was a lesson learned, you can bet your bottom dollar...Or, however that saying goes, that things will be different next time!"

The quick anger subsided as Aramail knocked Astra off her. He laughed about it, and quickly got up. Obviously he wasn't in pain, or he was and he didn't show it. A pity. She let out a quiet huff, and walked over to the exit. Her face however still carried blush from him, not shutting up about touching her chest. She turned on her heels, and faced the white haired man. "Listen, you." She said, quite flustered. "Just drop it. It happened, and now it's done. Live for tomorrow, and forget the past." She said, before turning back around and going through the exit. She wondered why she didn't just clock him in the face. She'd done it before, at least to men who had tried to grope her. Perhaps it was because it was an accident, or that he was kind of cute. She stopped short and shook her head. No. That definitely wasn't it. "Hey, you keeping up?" She called back behind her, now halfway through the tunnel. She could see the exit quite visibly well from her point.

Astraeus held up his hands and froze in place as she wanted the aforementioned accident to be dropped and thus he spoke no more of the subject. His eyes darted from the low lit levels of cavern, the spiraling rock and debris gave the exit a nice round about welcoming as they could see the mouth just shortly up ahead. His blue eyes flickered, it was a shame that the adventure ended so...abruptly as it did, he was enjoying her company, more or less in other words besides the entire 'accident' which he still mused over in his head and slight chuckles could be heard from his lips when he stopped to think about it occasionally.

"And a ah!ha!ha!" he said as he pointed to the exit, warm light casting down and trickling into the cave as the exit was in sight. Astraeus walked gingerly with a pip in his step as he flung the over flowing platinum hair off his shoulder as it normally would do when he was being bouncy with his steps. The Performer followed quickly as she shouted back to him to see if he was keeping up, "All is quiet on the southern front..." he said his eyes leering down to her buttocks, "Indeed..." The sharpness of his eyes narrowed with thirst and that warm light started to trickle into the cave more, finally, they were out of that dank cave. Following behind Aramail, Astra burst out into the open with his arms into the air and spun on his feet in one complete circle, "Freedom!! Fresh air!" he said after one spin and his eyes fixed on the woman in front of him, "Good show back there giving that NPC a good fisticuffs! Well, from what I saw at least. Hmm, in fact, I didn't see very much of anything. But I heard the skirmish and the dialogue, so it seems you were able to acquire whatever it was you were looking for..."

He brought in the fresh air into his lungs and exhaled slowly, over dramatically of course before his eyes fully developed into a wide appearance, "Alas, what are we to do now? I'd hate for our little adventure to be over so soon~" he said in and facialized in a mock sad expression.