[PP-F2] The First Step of Many, A Journys Beginning with Astraeus

Aramail followed Astra, not wanting to wander aimlessly. For some reason, she forgot that Astra did live in an Orphanage. And did he say, six kids? She groaned softly, almost regretting her decision to stay the night. But at least it beat the ground, or a bench. The walk was growing rapidly boring. Aramail was about to say something about her boredom, but then he began singing. His voice was sweet, and soft. She smiled as he sang, the song somehow improving her mood. After his little excerpt, Aramail decided to give it a go as well. She picked a piece of a song she sang in a talent show, that she did for work. She sang softly, and slowly.

"There's only one song

Left in my mind

Tales of a brave man

Who lived far from here

Now the bard's songs are over

And it's time to leave

No one should ask you for the name

Of the one

Who the tells the story"

She walked still, following Astra. She didn't know why she sang. She normally didn't, but she didn't care. What was it about Astra, that turned her personality all around. She rubbed her temples, trying to escape her mind thoughts. "You have a nice singing voice." She said, complimenting Astra.

Edited by Aramail
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Traveling Performer was happy to hear such a lovely voice from the otherwise barbaric woman. Her voice was different than when she spoke to him, almost the flip side of the same leaf but it held tones of similarity as well. She was indeed a different person than he first thought her to be, from what he gathered she was just some pugilist wanting to slam her fists into things, and now was this woman...

"That was lovely, in fact, I'd say that was almost a perfect pitch. Not too many people seem to be enthused about singing and dancing during these times. For some it is a day to day struggle to survive in this lonesome world, others find it amusing and do what they can to enjoy their life for what it is now, such as myself. You see, here if you have the right stats and the right knowledge you could possibly rule these people under your thumb and get away with it. People can be intimidated to such measures and in turn become your pawns. You wonder..." he stopped as they were teleported to the lowest floor, the hustle and bustle of the city all around but lit with night time torches as the sun had already settled below the horizon. The moon was full and bright that night and as they continued their little trek through the city, Astra continued his little speech.

"Who the cowards are in this world when their lives are at stake. If I pressed a dagger to your throat and said I were to kill you, would you be able to stop me if my stats were much, much higher than your own? Some people would fight, yes of course. They would defend themselves, but what about those who want to live? Fear and panic will take control and they will have no choice but to carry out whatever whim you set them out to do. It is simple as that to control a person, all you need is the right key for the lock, and when its done...The world could be yours," he turned his head only half the smile she could see as he turned back to the make shift Orphanage.

"The children should already be asleep by now. But regardless we should be quiet when stepping through the door. They know I often come home late, so they don't wait up for me. Just in case you are some vampire...You may come in..." he said jerking on the door as it opened up, giving a soft inviting warmth to come inside.  

Aramail sighed, as the all of a sudden megalomaniac began his speech about 'how to strong control the weak'. "Well, if I have the stats to do that, why don't I do it myself. That way I know it'll be done right." She said, shrugging her shoulders. "And besides, if you killed me. Who would listen to your nonsensical prattle about controlling the weak like a movie villain?" She said, giggling stepping inside the orphanage. She now spoke in a whisper. "So, where am I sleeping?" She asked, wanting to change the subject "And is there somewhere I can bathe real quick?" She asked, not wanting to cover Astra's bed with dirt and her sweat. It wasn't her bed, or her place of residence. And by those terms, she was a house guest. And she planned to at least leave the place cleaner then she found it. That's how she did things.

Astra closed the door behind them silently, the room inside was lit up with small candles and was a very homely looking place. Astra only smiled at her questions about being a movie villain, but he did not reply further than that. He gestured with his pointing finger, "Upstairs, last door on the left is my room. Adjacent to my bedroom is where you can clean yourself up. I shall make due with the couch down here. I have...fallen asleep there several times after not having the ability to make it to my room after drinking too much...Don't ask." he whispered shortly. 

He was going to leave her to it for the night, but he doubled back before she started her ascent, "By the way, there is a locking mechanism on my door you might want to use. The children have a habit of coming into my room in the evening as they wake from nightmares. The door being locked will let them know they have to talk to one of the other caretakers. You have a goodnight, Aramail. I hope sleep finds your swiftly...I shall be in this room on the couch should you need me."

Astra bowed gracefully as he moved without a sound to the next room, leaving the female to her own devices. As he traversed to the couch. He slumped in it and his eyes growing heavy with sleep. He yawned a bit and stretched, leaning to one side and almost passing out.

Aramail nodded at Astra as he told her  the locations of the rooms. She nodded, as he told her about the lock as well. She gave a warm smile to Astra, before heading up the stairs. Showing her appreciation to him. As she entered the washroom, she undressed. And as she bathed she thought about her body. How long had she been stuck in this game? A week, a month, a year? How much malnourishment has her body suffered. She sighed, at the thought of it. Her company probably has her in the best hospital as to avoid a lawsuit. After a short bath, Aramail redressed herself, and went to the room that she was given for the night. It obviously wasn't the best, but it beat sleeping outside. She yawned, as she locked the door behind her. She walked over to the bed, and lied down. Quickly falling asleep.

Thread Complete

200Col and 1 Skill Point for both, Astra and Aramail