[PP-F2] The First Step of Many, A Journys Beginning with Astraeus

As Aramail exited the cavern, a 'Quest Completed' screen appeared. It awarded her with what she wanted, the Martial Art skill. Now it was unlocked, and she'd be able to become a Martial Art master within SAO. Which is what she wanted to do in the first place, and it was annoying that she had to go do an annoying quest to get it. Should've been unlocked at the start, with all of the other weapons. She sighed, and closed the screen to turn her attention to the loud man. He expressed his small objections to leaving her side. The only thing that he had done, was help solve that riddle. And find the exit. She sighed, what would be a few hours. "Alright, since you helped me. I can help you. What do you want to do?" Aramail asked him. "Scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours." Aramail said, quoting him from earlier.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astraeus turned to meet her, his eyes were wandering around in the sky for whatever reason that may have been. Blue eyes looked up and he smiled, his hand fell down to his hips and he produced a dagger, a basic weapon of the most common of steels in the game. He sighed looking at how boring it looked to him, "How about we do something...fun." Mischief, the only form of fun Astra normally meant.

He slid the point of the dagger down the length of his torso and chuckled lightly, "How about we have ourselves a little duel? But with a little bet added to it? It'll be fun! And I would guess you'd wanna have a little taste of PvP, don't you? I wouldn't mind the practice either. I need to familiarize myself with the mechanics after all. As for the bet, like I said...we should make this duel interesting. If you agree to the duel along with the bet...My bet is...If I win..." he chuckled lightly to himself, unable to suppress the laughter, "You give me a kiss....On the lips~" he chuckled once more then giving a slight cough.

"And if you win...Well, you can chose whatever within my power to do...How about it, Aramail. Feeling lucky?" he gave a wink, his dagger still sitting in the palm of his hand, but almost dropping it a few times as he tried to handle it in his hands.

Aramail took a step back, and raised a hand in her surprise. She grinned however, he was starting to grow on her. "Yeah. I'm feeling lucky." She said, dropping into her stance. She wouldn't lose. And if she did lose, it wouldn't matter to her. She'd done worse before, but something about the look in his eyes. Her smile grew even 'wider. "And if I win, you'll have to kiss me on my lips." Aramail said, as she sent the Half/HP duel to Astra. "That is, if you're man enough to win in the first place." As he accepted the duel, the countdown timer started from thirty seconds. "I hope you're prepared to lose." Aramail said, her pre-fight usual of talking smack on the other person.

ID: 26526 LD: 18 (To determine Order of the fight)

Aramail: 11/11 (6 till loss)

Astra: 15/15 (8 till loss)

He squinted with a smile after she had sent the duel to him. Swiping his finger across the menu, he placed a dainty finger on the circle button to accept the duel. He was actually quite surprised by her wager, "I don't know about you, but this is a win-win situation for me..."

He watched the time go by for thirty seconds, this seemed like the usual round about counter for normal duels. He was reluctant to get in any sort of formal dance, but the woman was hardcore in this. Her womanly figure spread into that of a martial arts stance, her fists seemed tight, her feet strong and ready to pounce as soon as able. His blue eyes flickered...

---

ID: 26537 LD: 11 (Loss Initiative)

Aramail has Initiative

Turn Order: Aramail > Astra

Astra: 15/15 (8 till loss)

---

Then there was the swiftness of the wind from the beige clad pugilist. Flipping his dagger in his fingers, he pushed one leg out to defend himself for her upcoming attack. His blue eyes squinted at the on coming rush of battle, adrenaline filled him. This was not a PvE circumstance with a preset arrangement of moves from a Mob. This was a living, breathing human, and there were no patterns to watch out for. Otherwise known as a Strategist, the handsome devil known as Astra was not a mere fighter. His battle prowess were almost non existent, but he had to test her, find out her abilities, her swiftness...it was all part of the bigger picture...Win or lose.

Aramail listened tot he timer as it counted down. 10, 9, 8. She counted in her head. She noted that Astra slid his foot back, the start of a defensive maneuver. Good, she had first attack then. She would show him what she could do. 7, 6, 5. Aramail rotated her feet, so that her toes were pointed to Astra, preparing for a charging run. "Win, win?" Aramail questioned. "Forgive me. But on either one of our wagers we seemed to have forgotten, a time to place said kiss." She said, smugly. 4, 3, 2. Aramail sent Astra a wink, along with a devilish grin. "And I don't believe I mentioned which 'lips'." She said, before running at him at full speed. 1. Aramail brought her foot up as she quickly closed the distance between them, feigning a kick or knee, but instead used it to force Astra's foot aside. Which left his gut wide open, and in turn Aramail's right fist found it. Aramail thrust Astra off of her fist and regained her stance. She held her hand out to him, and waved her hand at him. Beckoning him to come at her.

ID:26553 BD: 6 (hit) [2dmg] {1 Base +1 Martial Art}

Astra: 13/15 (6 till loss)

Within the time of the battle countdown, Astra was mostly perplexed of the woman's response to his witty one liner. "Which lips...?" he thought to himself, he thought there was only one pair, unless she met and then while he was not paying attention felt the full blast of her punch into the gut. Side tracked and unable to make a defense, the in game mechanics took hold of the battle sequence and placed a hard blow into his frame. First blood was hers, As Astra was doubled over until he erected his form up. Now was the time to counter attack, he was not much of a fighter...but perhaps he can rope this woman just like he had done to the boar. But he was taunted by the Grappler.  His blue eyes set on her body feeling out the attack.

Turning to face her once more, he spun the dagger in the palm of his hand until the sharp end was inverted. He curved his arm over the other, somewhat of a ninja like defensive stance as he side stepped one foot or another. His internal thought repeating the process and looking for a weakness in her;There! Speed of the wind lifted him as his feet pound against the grassy knoll. Eyes flickering, if she wanted him, she got him. A decisive strike landed against her left arm when he passed by, the dagger nicking the cloth but putting pressure on her HP bar, he drew second blood.

He quickly turned to face her, tossing his dagger in the air as it landed back down in his hand, "Oh look at that! Perhaps I am not a novice after all for this barbaric style." he laughed, perhaps he was going about this all wrong, perhaps he could throw her off his game, he would play with his prey...if he could. He would delight in that fact.

----

ID: 26710 BD: 6 (Success) [1 Base Dmg]

Turn Order: Aramail > Astra

Aramail: 10/11 (5 till loss)

----

Aramail saw the strike coming, and felt it cut her skin. Damn this game, restricting her movements until she acquired more points and allocated them. A cheap ploy to make unskilled players able to match those far superior to them. The dagger finely cut her skin, and the feeling gave her goosebumps. Most people would retract, and gain some distance. Not her however, she instead moved into it. A dagger was meant for close range, but fits are meant to be closer. She ducked in, and brought her palm upward. To her surprise she missed. Apparently she had telegraphed her attack far to openly, and Astra was able to move out of the way. "Don't get excited over a small cut. Anyone can use a butter knife." Aramail taunted, enjoying the fight, almost too much. She had to give it to him. Either he watched Kung-Fu movies religiously, or he was a liar and he actually knew how to use that blade. If Aramail really thought into it she wouldn't care, it was more fun if the enemy could get a good blow in.

----

ID: 26756 BD: 3 (Miss)

----

The palm of her hand was coming in close, and Astra he was going to play around with her. Still laughing from his earlier comment about being more than an amateur to the dagger, his legs moved on their own it seemed as the palm flew through the air and missed it's target. Laughing, he side stepped out of the way, "Woopsie! Looks like you missed there Staggering Butterfly. What were you trying to hit with an attack like that? A flt?" he belted out a laugh and leaned in for his attack, close combat was all he could use with this tiny, sharpened tool of his. He sighed, and plowed right through the air missing her completely. Not even a graze, instead he fumbled forward and almost took a nose dive into the grass.

"Well! That could have gone a lot better. Looks like we are back at square one! None to worry, get ready to pucker up those lips!" he said taunting her from a short distance.

----

ID: 26790 BD: 2 (Miss)

----

Aramail saw the knife coming at her, and quickly  sidestepped out of the way. She snickered, suppressing her laughter at the man who nearly fell. "It seems we both lack practice." She said, readying herself for another strike. He was a slippery one. Always able to just get out of her grasp, before dashing away. Cheap tactic he was using, a hit and run style. Instead of just throwing blow after blow like she. It made sense for him, and it was working well, which replaced Aramail laughter, with frustration. "Let's see you get out of this then. Shall we?" She said, quickly moving her way to her Astra, She came in with a leg sweep, knocking Astra off balance, before bringing in her fist to connect with his temple. 

(Sorry about the late post, real life issues and such)

----

ID:27606 BD: 6

----

Smirking to himself, he flipped the long platinum locks of hair from off his shoulders and gave a cocky laugh. His brilliant blue eyes caught glimpse of the female, there was a sort of anxiety pressed to his heart. She actually might connect. Readying his blade to parry or defend, Astra pressed the dagger towards her was caught in her quick leg work. The leggy woman moved with fluid and grace as he seemed to stumble from her starting combo. Dancing and wobbling around, a bright flash of white shot across his eyes as he was pummeled in the side of his face. His head snapped around as his body twirled once before he skid to a stop in the grass taking some damage. He slowly got up to his, his long hair brushed over his eyes as he got up to his feet, his dagger twitching in his hand ready to carve some scars on that woman. He flicked his head back, a crazy looking smile on his face.

The dagger spun in his hand and he tore the grass beneath his feet. His eyes glinted like a psychotic player killer as he ducked in and thrust his blade into her belly, there was enough force to push her away from him after taking double the damage from the shot. He let out a cackling laugh as he turned to her once more, "Come on, I want some more of that hot action..."

((Take as much time as you want! No rush! :D))

===

ID: 27611

BD: 9 [Critical Success] +2 Dmg

Aramail: 8/11 (3 till loss)

Astra: 12/15 (5 till loss)

(I shall. And thank you for doing your end of the math, forgot that in my haste)

Aramail saw the thrust, and felt the pain. She couldn't handle another stab like that. She stepped back, clutching her stomach. It leaking the fake and pixelated red liquid that simulated blood. Damn this game slowing her movements, damn this white haired prissy man, and damn his luck with the game's system. She noticed the smile on the mans face, and it looked similar. Like as if she was looking in a mirror. Aramail spat on the ground, by her feet. She grinned, her eyes growing from the excitement of the battle. "That's what I want!" Aramail said, still clutching her stomach. "Keep that up! Hurt me! Hurt me more!" She said, almost erotically. She readied herself to attack him again. Her wound caused to flinch, and shudder. Her fist bounced off of Astra's cheek, just missing direct contact. She rocked back on her heels, trying to get out of the way of that dagger. She collected herself before speaking again, now panting from her injuries. "You know what. I Don't think I'll mind kissing you. That is, if you when." Aramail said, chuckling.

===

ID: 27624

BD: 5

There was seduction in her masochism that Astra found to be a breath of fresh air in this game of mishap troglodytes. Her barbaric nature might just be the thing he needed for his goals down the line, the sweet thought clung to him like whiteness on snow. His deep set eyes on her as she was pained from the deliberate blow to her stomach, almost ripped open by the gouge of his basic dagger. Astra couldn't help but laugh, there was a beautiful sickness to her words and he seemed almost turned on by her words. She came in for a strike, her fist coming in like the wind expecting to be pounded into the dirt. Astra had only to simply step backwards with his right foot and lean back to see that her fist had come up short. With his dagger in his hand, the metal object poised to thrust upwards as she was backing away as she finished her comment. As his dagger went upwards, she was already long gone from his melee combat. Cursing under his breath, he twisted on his foot and slid to a stop as his momentum ended, "Slippery little girl." he said shrugging his shoulders, "No matter, when you get close to me again, I'll have you feel the prick of my dagger across that soft squishy flesh of yours," his eyes narrowed with a closed smile. Intoxicating euphoria of combat, the thrill of slipping his dagger into her flesh...the gratification afterwards. 

===

ID: 27701

BD: 1 [Critical Miss]

Aramail saw the thrust, and this time got out of the way. She grinned at the man, removing herself from her battle stance. "One would say that, you're enjoying this too much." She said, unable to suppress her smile. This fight was the single most exciting thing that she had done since the start of this game. The rush of fighting an actual person, not just an NPC. But she was growing tired. Not of the fight itself, but physically growing tired. The fight was dragging on far to long, and she was taking more damage then she wanted to. One more good hit from him, and the battle would be his. She scoffed, like that would happen. She came at him again, throwing a fake punch past his face again. This time, bringing her other fist up into his chin. She followed through with her uppercut, leaping slightly into the air, and doing a quick spin. Not much for usefulness. But it was stylish, which was half of the fight anyway. She dropped back into a stance, readying herself for the worse.

===

ID: 27719

BD: 6 [2 Damage]

Astra: 10/15 (3 till loss)

Astraeus' hair flicked upwards along with his body as he came crashing back down towards the ground as he was unsure of what just happened. Her movements were a blur before he could find out what was going on. Dagger in hand, he backed away slowly as he attempted to stand up and stumbled, her radiant prowess showing more and more vibrant animosity as the battle dragged on. He was not used to this sort of combat, he was more of a wit vs wit kind of guy, but he admired the ability to do the dirty deed.

"Well done..." he said finally on his feet, his gloved hands pushing away saliva mixed with simulated blood from the corner of his mouth and smeared it, "But this is child's play...don't you think? Our lives are not on the line, but I wouldn't want it that way. You are far more valuable to me alive then you are dead. Maybe one day, I will share with you my ingenious plan I have for this world. Until then...I'll rip you asunder!" He charged from the short distance, he blade hand going up across her flesh but her ferocity was putting her on a new level of experience than he was, she was in the zone and well...Astra was making a fool of himself as he was to the boar. She was easily able to deflect his attack, the short distance from each other...she could strike him down here and now if her momentum kept true.

==

ID: 27725

BD: 5 [Miss]

Astra: 10/15 (3 till loss)

Aramail sighed as she countered Astra's attack. She swung her right hand to deflect his swipe. Easy enough. With her other hand, she gripped his wrist, and pulled him closer to herself. She thrust a leg between his, and pushed against his shoulder with her free hand, twisting herself as she did. Astra was violently thrown into the ground, and his dagger in Aramail's hand. The actual throw was enough to damage the ground's textures, and created cracks along Astra's body. Normally it would render a man unconscious, but this was SAO where apparently blunt force trauma was only converted into HP damage. Aramail sighed, and held a hand for Astra to help him up. A subtle 'ding' noise, followed by confetti was heard as the duel system declared Aramail the winner. Aramail smirked, remembering the deal she had struck with the silver haired man. "Come on. Pick yourself up." She said, with a grin.

==

ID: 27728

BD: 10 [4 Damage(2Base+2Crit)]

Aramail: 8/11 (WINNER)

Astra: 6/15 (LOST)

"On the flat of my back...didn't think you'd get me in this position so fast..." He took her by the hand and was helped up. He brushed the debris of dark dirt off of him and made sure he was still in one piece, but there was a ragging headache followed by that throw or take down...or..."Whatever that was...Ugh! My head..." he shook the spinning feeling from his eyes and smirked, "Well! Congratulations, you defeated me in a duel! That is the sort of thing I wanted to see first hand, although I would have enjoyed some more of that violent nature coming from you. I can see that you will be a powerful person in the future." Astra flipped the long platinum hair from his shoulder with the back of his hand and looked to the woman, she was attractive under all that grime and dirt even in the modest sunlight.

"I suppose it is time we settle on our little debt. I believe the wager was one kiss, but alas, this is your victory and not mine. What shall we do from here?"

Aramail smiled, and wiped the sweat from her forehead. "You mentioned that you were a performer. I take it that's a job of sorts. Where you make money?" She inquired. She had earned a new skill, but that wasn't enough. Now that she had her martial arts out of the way, she needed a place to sleep. And killing mobs was far more dangerous then running a shop. Aramail thought on it. She remembered reading the handbook, while the game was downloading. That there was an actual 'merchant' profession. That was something she could get into. She actually, always wanted to own a shop. Well, it was a pick between a shop, dojo, or unlimited beef skewers. She smiled to herself. "Anyway, how does that work? How do I get one?" She said, not wanting to waste time.

Astra folded his arms and leaned on one leg as he thought about her question, "Yes! A Performer of the Traveling Variety! Though I haven't made a single Col out of the whole thing yet, much harder to gain  money here than in real life. Ugh!" Astra said and then leaned on his other leg to balance his statuesque pose, "Well, I am sure you might have noticed by now. When you bring up your map in certain floors, you can recall a legend key where it shows you specific quest markers. Tapping on those markers will give you insight as to what quest does what. Depending on your desirable position, I would suspect much of the NPC Profession Quests to be around the Shop District if I am not mistaken. That would be the most likely of places..." Astra explained without sounding superior to her, he took some time learning a lot about the game and he was quickly becoming familiar with most of the mechanics, sure there was the odd question here and there, but the people around him seem to know the answers to his inquiries. 

"Say! Why don't you come stay the night with me. I have a cozy little room on the upstairs of a small orphanage I help run. After that, perhaps we can stroll around the Shop District in the morning and find you a Profession..." his tone cheery as he tried to slip in place of sleep inside an orphanage...Yeah, he really needed to change that. If he were to have any romantic relations in this game, an orphanage is not the place you bring a...He looked at her and squinted, a woman to have relations with, he finished his thought. 

Edited by Astraeus

Aramail listened, and felt somewhat stupid as she pulled up her map, and checked it. Sure enough, there was several NPC's located to give out the quest she wanted to do. It seemed that there were several quest givers, at least one for each profession and a few had extra ones. The closest NPC was a few miles away, and the sun was setting. With a sigh, Aramail closed her map. It seemed she'd had to find someplace to stay the night. One more night under the stars, and on the ground couldn't be that bad. She turned her head to Astra, who suggested something that almost caused Aramail to succumb to her wounds. "Did you just, invite me over to your place?" She said, trying to grasp how fast the relationship was moving. She shook her head. She wasn't in a relationship, so how could it be moving fast. "One night. That's it." She said, before blush filled her dirt and grime filled face. "And if you try anything, I'll be sure to break your arm." She said, flustered.

Astra shifted on both legs this time and brought his hands up and waved frantically, "I wouldn't dream of it!" he said laughing nervously, the thought would have crossed his mind several times...If she was bunking with him, that meant he would probably be sleeping on the floor and no hanky panky. Defeated but not showing it, Astra smiled and walked towards her, "Well then let's head that way then. I hope you don't mind children, there is a least six of them staying there. Each have their own rooms and whatnot and its a cozy place. I would be at my wits if I had to sleep outside every night. Fortunately, if you ask around you can stay at some inns for free which I have done time from time in exchange for some manual labor." 

Astra explained as he walked backwards, keeping an eye on her, "I suppose we'll need to head back down to the first floor back to Starting City, that's where the make shift orphanage is. Come, come!" He inverted his position and started to walk normally, looking back at her to make sure she was keeping up. This time he was in the lead and she were to follow. He smiled to himself, wet his lips and sang lightly...

"I've heard a song of men
The short living humans of far away lands
I've heard a song of men
That trouble their lives with fortune and fame
When tomorrow's unknown to them all
They wish glory to find on their path"

An exert from a song he once heard a good while ago...He wasn't sure if his signing would trouble her as they walked back.