[PP-F1] [[COMPLETED]] A New Encounter (Glory)

"Yeah..it's getting dark." Her suggestion seemed like a good one to me and it was just then that I realized that I was starving. I got so distracted with Glory that I didn't even get to buy anything from the food stalls. Oh well, guess it's time for dinner. Scanning my memory once again I remembered a resturaunt just around the corner that was known in this area for great desserts. That being the case, it was a much more popular place than where we already were. I decided that would be the best place to go. "No problem. Why don't we head to a resturaunt? I know a place down the street with some killer desserts!" I said with a little enthusiasm. I turned to look at her and saw that she actually was uneasy with the night.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sounds good to me!" Glory jumped up from her seat excitedly at the sound of getting some food which she could never turn down and loved a lot. "Let's go then." She would wait for Koumori to move along so she could follow next to him not knowing where the restaurant was and not wanting to lead the way. "S-Sorry for getting so excited..." She would apologize immediately when the two started walking. "I-It's hard for me to control myself sometimes when I get too happy I hope you don't mind."

"Well if that's the case lets get going." She seemed very excited to be getting some food, a feeling I could understand at the moment. "Hey that happens sometimes, it's not problem". We got up and she followed as I lead her to the resturaunt. As I had remembered it was merely around the corner and down two blocks. I led Glory inside and I was immediately greet with a breathtaking aroma. The scents of grilled meats mixed with the sweetness of the baked goods to create a heavenly smell. As i thought the place was reletively busy with only a few open tables, but we came in at a good time as a small group was just leaving a window booth. I hurried Glory over before anyone could steal it and flopped down on the cushioned bench. "Ahh. I'm feeling better already" I said almost drooling. Feeling self conscious I continued: "Oops sorry haha".

Edited by Koumori

Good thing Koumori didn't mind much that Glory got excited for eating. Who wouldn't when they loved food and were hungry though? "O-Okay." She said very relieved that Koumori assured her that her actions were fine and not bad at all. The walk wasn't very long and she kept silent because her new friend was quiet too until they got to the restaurant. Really she didn't expected to be rushed by Koumori and became flustered feeling like he was trying to tell her she was too slow and crawled into the booth to take a seat across from him. "Yeah..." Glory muttered very quietly and stared at her arms on the table but she quickly took a look at Koumori when he spoke but his drooling made her smile just a little bit. "Heh it's okay I know how you feel I'm already like this place. S-So do you come here a lot then? I-I wanted to know what to order or something like that."

When I looked back over at Glory I noticed she seemed kind of flustered. Perhaps I had rushed her a little. I decided that was the case and quickly made a mental note to try and stay on her pace. Back to the matter at hand though, they had to figure out what to order. As he began to think she asked him if he frequented the place and of course he had to answer honestly. "Actually no. I usually stay at an inn on the other side of town so I've only had the chance to come down here a few times and even when I did I only had the desert. But for the most part I think NPC resturaunts around here have pretty much the same stuff available. I think I'll just go with whatever curry they've got." I was sorry I couldn't offer her much help and I didn't want to make any suggestions because I didn't known enough about her to know her tastes. "Hold up I'll call over a waitress for a menu" I said waving my hand in the air to call one over. 

( I don't know why it censored that random word it my last post. It wasn't any curse I know)

Edited by Koumori

"Curry? What's that? I-I mean you don't have to answer I was just wondering is all..." Glory nervously tapped her fingers on the table but did keep her head up to look at Koumori in question wondering what this mystery dish was. All she ever ate was traditional Japanese food and curry was a Western dish so she never heard of or ate it before. "O-Okay." She nodded and looked around for the waitress while waiting for the NPC to come and take their order. "Koumori... A-Am I a bother?" Glory felt like he didn't really want to be with someone else and that she was just a lost cause that he wanted to help out.

"Huh? Well lets see...I'm not really good at describing food but I'll give it a try. Hmm, the curry I usually get has rice on one side of the dish with meat and vegetables on the other side. They're not just sitting there though they're in this broth. And it's kind of spicy so I don't know if you'd like it" I said to her, trying to satisfy her question the best I could. I was actually a little confused that she hadn't heard of it. I always thought most Japanese kids would have it at least once? We sat their quietly after that, a little tension broke the air. Eventually Glory broke the silence and spoke up. "No you're not a both" I said maybe a little too matter-of-factly. To make up for it I explained myself a little more "Im usually alone, but a change in pace isn't bad." This time, despite myself, I looked away a bit. 

Edited by Koumori

"Hmm..." Glory brought back memories from the back of her mind since the description sounded just a little bit familiar. "I think my friend might have brought that to school once... I-I can't really remember though." She blushed because she'd already started speaking about something she couldn't even remember the event or exact food and friend. "Just making sure... Sorry for asking but thank you for that." Glory smiled softly and lowered her eyes since Koumori looked away too since she thought it would be weird to stare at someone who wasn't looking back at you. "S-So you're a solo player maybe or just like being by yourself?" She tilted her head in wonder and looked around again for the waitress before looking back at Koumori who still wouldn't look her way. "A-Are you alright?" She asked a little worriedly and in a confused way. 

"I thought you might have seen it before" I said with a smile, still looking into the room. The timidness was still present in her voice, she must have still been a little uneasy being in my presence. I couldn't blame her though, we had only met just prior. I shifted my position a little, instead of leaning back i rested my elbows on the table and turned back to face her. She was looking down to the table, her eyes shifting upwards every so often. Glory really was a shy girl but I still couldn't tell what she was self conscious about. "I've always preferred being alone, I guess that just transferred over to SAO" Yep I was a solo player, but you might not be able to tell that at this moment. It dawned on me that I might have been being rude. I've always been told to allow girls to talk about themselves. With all the strength I could muster I said "What about you, why don't you...tell me about yourself?" When will that waitress get here?

"I-I guess I'm the same but my family was always around so I could never be. Really I-I just want to avoid people s-so I don't have to be worried about being made fun of..." Koumori's next question really made her nervous and Glory paused while holding her breath not wanting to talk about herself and all and definitely not used to being asked that at all. For a few moments she did this and then let herself breath again but through her nose only and she shrugged. "W-What do you want to know?" Usually Glory's stuttering would stop by now but she felt different around Koumori and noticed she was far more shy in SAO lately. "Well we could start with my name... it's Aimi Kitamura and I'm sixteen years old..." She muttered softly not caring about personal information sharing but not wanting to say these things out loud either since they were about her after all.

I closed my eyes and smiled at her,"My mother used to tell me that if someone gives you a hard time they're not worth your time anyway." That was true of course. My mother would say this to me often when i was little. She could tell i was different, but she never thought that was a bad thing. I realized by Glory's reaction that I shouldn't have said what I said next. Her face was beet red as she sat there holding her breath. Crap, I had forgotten you're not supposed to talk about the real world in SAO. Now it was my turn to be flustered. Her eventual response was even more of a shock. She actually volunteered her name to me, and her age. Did she not care about telling me this? Was she this confident in my trustworthiness already? Well whatever the case I couldn't leave her hanging like this. I calmed myself down and responded as cooly as i could, "I'm Kazuya, Kazuya Hibiki. We're the same age. Nice to meet you Aimi, again" I wonder if she could still read my shock

Edited by Koumori

"Sometimes that's true..." Glory shrugged halfway in between agreement and disagreement with Koumori's statement about what his mother would say to him. If it was a friend or someone in need then wouldn't that be different? She decided to keep it at that and not to speak her mind about the subject. "Y-You're red..." Glory commented knowing she blushed all the time but surprised at Koumori who was red himself like she was all the time and wanted to know why even if  the blush died down early. "K-Kazuya." Glory repeated the name and smiled softly. "That means p-peaceful one..." She commented and giggled wondering if that were true about her new friend since she didn't know him so well just yet. "Same... Kazuya." Glory said the name again and she liked it a lot. "Only call me that in private please..." She felt weird being called her real name and felt like her name she chose for the game was what she should be referred as. "I-I feel weird being called my real name. If t-that's okay with you..."

Oh man she noticed my face. I let myself get a little nervous for a second and it showed, should have know she'd see it. After all she was averting her gaze a little less now. Anyway it didn't help that she called me out on it because it happened again, but more briefly than the first time. She seemed to like my name. Most of the few friends I had back in reality were guys so no ones ever commented on my name before. Maybe I appreciated that she approved. After that something made he uneasy. Glory was okay with me knowing her name, but it seemed like she didn't want it to spread. I also got the impression she wanted to leave that life behind. I understood. "No worries, whatever makes you comfortable. I get it, I wouldn't want my name getting out there either, but you can use it if you think it's right." This seemed to be going pretty well. We both seemed to be getting comfortable around each other, aside from her general shyness but that was just her personality. We even shared names, something I wasn't expecting. 

Edited by Koumori

"Well... I-I don't mind my name being out there I-I just don't like using it all the time anymore. Feels foreign like visiting a-a strange land or something..." Her stuttering wasn't that bad anymore and normal to the point where Glory was used to her messing up words now and then which was regular for her. "When I get back hearing m-my name is gonna feel even weirder. I-I bet I won't even respond for a little bit." She joked referring to when she would get back to the real world and how she probably wouldn't be used to hearing her real name instead of the name Glory. 

"As long as we're in SAO this is who we are," I said staring blankly out the window, "until we leave here those people might as well not exsist. That's why we need to get the most out of our time here." I kept my gaze where it was before snapping back. I turned back to Glory to see her looking at me. "Yeah I get what you mean. It is weird. But either name fits you." She had still stuttered when she spoke earlier, but not as badly as before. As if it was an idea that wouldn't be stopped, without thinking I forbodingly said "We might forget which world is the dream." I stared deep into her eyes when I said this. It wasn't so much that I was looking at her, more like looking past her. It was a very serious thought. 

Edited by Koumori

"Yeah..." She nodded and continued to look at Kourmori which was a huge step for Glory to keep doing since she never held eye contact this long but she did notice he seemed a little lost in the eyes. "I-I don't know... I'll keep my family in mind but I-I'm not so worried about them right now as I am about surviving and reaching my goal." Glory knew they already spoke about their goals in the game so she didn't have to re-explain or anything. "Are you okay Koumori? What do you mean?" She frowned and searched his face trying to find out what was wrong but couldn't find or think of anything, while blushing a little because of his intense stare.

By the time I realized I was staring right at her it had probably already been too long. But funny enough when I snapped out of it I could see that she was holding eye contact too. In this little time her confidence really had increase. However I was still in a daze and only barely heard her concern for me. It must have really been showing on my face. "Oh, it's nothing. No need to worry, honest" I tilted my head with a light smile as I said this. Inside I actually was still pondering it, but she didn't need to know. She did have genuine concern for me, as she sat there blushing. Over her shoulder I saw the waitress. 

Edited by Koumori

"Promise?" Glory asked and finally switched her gaze to her hands but the blush that had lingered for so long was finally gone and she felt more relaxed, even slumped down a little in her seat. Her head turned when she saw Koumori looking past her shoulder and Glory noticed that the waitress was finally making her way towards their table at last. "All right!~" She clapped and jumped up in down in her seat a few times excitedly happy that she would get to eat soon. "Y-You order f-first please..." Her shyness came back when Glory realized she would have to see and speak to a stranger.

"Promise." I knew I'd be okay so this wasn't really a lie. Glory noticed that I shifted my gaze and turned out of curiosity, eying the waitress. The way she reacted was so uncharacteristic for her I was shocked. She practically leaped out of her chair as the waitress approached our table. It was only short lived though as she must have remembered she wasn't alone and returned to her normal self. The waitress greeted us and handing Glory and I our menus. Glory suggested that I should go first so I got right to it. The selection was the same as the last time I had been there, the curry I sought still an option. No trouble there so I moved on to desserts. They had plenty to choose on and after a couple seconds of deliberation I made my choice. "I'll have the regular curry and for dessert I'd like the chocolate fudge cake please" That should be plenty. I liked sweets but I wasn't in the mood for something too big. My order done, I returned the menu to the waitresses waiting hand and looked back to Glory, "what about you?"

Her eyes shifted back and forth dead set on the menu as Koumori looked in his own menu and ordered. Glory didn't want to look or even speak to the waitress because if they didn't have the food she wanted or if she had to repeat her words then that would be terribly embarrassing for her. "C-Could I-I have o-onigiri and f-for desert some k-kuzumochi?" Holding her breath in patience Glory shook as she handed back her menu and it seemed the NPC waitress understood because she left swiftly which was when Glory stopped holding her breath. "I-I can't order like that. I always ate at home.... I hardly g-go out to eat unless I-I'm with friends. School is different cause I-I know everyone..."