[PP-F1] [[COMPLETED]] A New Encounter (Glory)

Once my head stopped spinning I realized the scene I had made. Glory sat in front of me giggling uncontrollably and the people sitting around us were glaring at me with eyes of scorn. I really had caused I seen that's for sure. I couldn't help but laught at Glory laughing at me though. She brought her finger to her mouth and, through a joyous smile, promised to never tell anyone. Well, I was glad this wouldn't go on my permanent record. "Yeah, right. This ones just between you an me." I could tell that Glory was trying to act as normal as she could right now, but I could see the smile creeping on her face and the sparkle in her eyes. She was totally enjoying this. I hoped she didn't think I was always so clumsy. She tried to redeem the situation by bringing back what she had said earlier about houses. I was more than happy to go along with it. "Amazing is right haha," I was still shaken, "well if they do I'll take their places. I'll be at the front lines someday...you will too right? Er, we did promise to clear the game together right?" I said managing to turn my awkward expression into a real smile. Well now that that was done, I looked down at our plates to see that both of us were done. Glory had practically licked her plate clean. "You must've really liked that," I said as I pointed my finger right on top of her plate, "I told you the desserts here were good haha."

(sorry for the delay, somethin came up)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"W-Well... if you're there then I-I suppose so. Can't hide forever. I-It'll be nice to have someone by my side, except for my guardian angel of course." She nodded and then stared at her nails tapping against the surface of the table. Glory mentioned Jevi somewhere in that sentence though only spoke of the woman as her guardian angel which was completely true and knew that she would love to have Koumori with her in the end if she were to jump ahead all the way to the frontlines. "I did..." Glory blushed and wrapped her arms around her stomach now staring at her lap. "U-Um... so..." She didn't know what to talk about next which wasn't rare for a shy girl like her still she felt compelled to say something so Koumori wouldn't leave her because she was boring. Of course she cared about what other people thought of her but for once she wanted to know what he thought of her, unlike her normal attitude that kept her away from people so she didn't have to hear criticism. Since when did what Koumori thought feel like something important to her? A strange feeling engulfed Glory so she turned her head back to the direction of the exit again and sighed quietly. "I-I guess I s-should thank you for this t-then."

(totally stalking that thread of your's with Starrine and wanted to let you know I feel totally game for this love thing going on xD funny stuff man. also had some things to deal with myself so sorry for that.)

Edited by Glory

"Right, I'm glad to hear it" I said with a smile. Bum-bum. Glory had mentioned something about a guardian angel and I was curious about what she meant by that, but she didn't elaborate so I decided it would be better not to ask. She did seem genuine in the comment though. It looks like I had just found a partner of sorts. Bum-bum. Glory clutched her stomach in her hands and looked down when I made mention of her dessert. Maybe I made her feel self conscious about her weight again? But before I could say anything about it I saw her steal yet another glance at the exit. Oh no, was she considering leaving again? Did I really offend her? Bum-bum. She didn't look at it for long but the uneasiness lingered around her. I could tell she was trying to find something to say, and she eventually did, thanking me for the evening. I did't know why, I did't know what was going through my head, I didn't know what it was about her, but the thought of her leaving now killed me for some reason. Jeez Koumori, you talk to one girl and you start freakinh out like a little kid who just ate a crayon. But I had to say something. Unfortunately, I didn't think before I did. "Hey, would it be okay if you...stayed a little longer. I kinda like talking to you. A-and you're welcome by the way haha" I blurted out as I played with my fork again. Bum-bum. 

(Haha that's okay I had a feeling your eyes would wander to that thread. I'm glad you're on board! This love triangles going to be totally amazing! I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to things. Oh, and don't worry, I won't make you keep thinking of things to say in this cafe for too much longer. I already know what big move I'm making next (rubs hands together))

"...I-If that's what y-you want." Glory shrugged and shuffled closer to the table and in a more comfortable position in her seat. She liked Koumori too but wasn't sure how she should really feel about talking to him since they both seemed to be flustered messes around each other which was different from when the two first met. Well either way she still didn't know what to say and didn't think Koumori thought about her the same way she was beginning to think about him. Did she seem boring? Well maybe not because Koumori was still around her. She hummed content and nodded though was trembling incredibly nervously. Really Glory needed to learn more topics to come up with during conversation if she ever wanted to talk with him more in the future.

(woop woop. finally! :D i wanna see what you have in mind. what i'm excited to see is who Koumori actually likes most really that's always the best part.)

Whew, she agreed to stay. Glory repositioned herself in her seat and made herself comfortable, signifying she was no longer considering getting up. However, she remained silent. We both sat there flushed in the face and not saying a word. I wondered what she thought of me. I didn't even know what my feelings about her were yet, so I had no chance of understanding what she was thinking. Still, I was getting this feeling. We still barely knew each other, but she was willing to spend all this time with me..and tons of of time in the future. At that thought my face became as red as it had ever been. Did I..like Glory? My body tensed with goosebumps when this popped into my head. No, no that wasn't it, was it? I looked at her, at her eyes, and felt something feint in my chest. What was it? The silence was growing too long. I had to say something or she would get bored and actually leave for real. I wanted to say something intelligent, ask her about her skills, but I acted on instinct again "Hey...Aimi, when I said that about you being cute earlier, I really meant it. So, umm, you don't have to be nervous about anything with me" 

(sorry if that might have seemed rushed. I'll edit it if you'd like. Ps that wasn't the thing I was talking about)

When silence took over again Glory gently shut her eyes and pretended she was somewhere else to calm herself down. She continued to tug on the longest piece of her brown hair in the front awkwardly though only opening one eye when Koumori spoke again. "...Eh?" Glory now had both eyes open and she jumped a little from being surprised that he used her first name. She didn't really like that but with Koumori things were a bit different, if any at all since she seemed to have taken a liking to him without quite knowing that fact just yet since she wouldn't let herself think that. "T-Thank you... K-Kazuya. I'll um... Try I-I guess?" She almost forgot his name from earlier because her thoughts were taken over by such an awkward situation really. Glory blushed and really did want to just run away and hide under her bed but didn't want to do anything stupid. Why was Koumori being so nice to her? It wasn't that she liked it... she just wasn't used to the treatment... from boys.

(dang. you keep me waiting hehe. and no it was fine i got this.)

Edited by Glory

Glory lunged back in surprise at the use of her first name. I knew I shouldn't have used it so why did I? She became horribly uncomfortable and didn't know what to say, only mumbling out that she would try. The situation had reached the tipping point, there was no choice but to get out of there. I still didn't want to leave her alone though so I had to think of something. I also remembered her saying she didn't like the dark, so she probably didn't want to walk all the way home either. What to do? I looked back at Glory and saw her sitting there still blushing. Going back to the matter at hand, I summoned the waitress. That should buy some time I thought. She came over quickly and I completed a transaction to pay for our meal. Well that didn't buy any time at all I thought. I was getting red in the face from the prolonged silence. It wasn't so much that it was bad that we weren't talking, it was just that the tension was building. Right, we gotta move somewhere else I thought as I snapped back to my earlier train of thought. Finally, I decided it would have to be an inn. It was late so not much would be open, that was the only way. We'd be able to talk some more before we went to bed too. But I still couldn't understand why I wanted to talk to her. I'd never felt like that before. Oh well, time to speak up. Awkwardly I said "Why don't we head to an inn? It's getting late and I'd hate for you to walk alone in the dark. Plus we can talk a little more there" I almost choked when I said it. It really was the best suggestion, but how would she take it. 

(Haha okay okay I'm doing it. But it's only step one)

Edited by Koumori

Glory would be more nerve-wracked about this answer if she didn't already live in an inn but that would be okay for now and at least she would have someone to walk her home. And then he would leave so she could scream into her pillow or something to relieve all this... whatever this odd feeling was in her chest. "...T-That's sweet. Well I-I live in one not so far away... C-Could we go there?" She wouldn't take any other answer other than Koumori agreeing because going to an inn she didn't recognize with a brand new friend...and boy... would honestly be too much for her even if she already trusted him in a way. "I-It's really pretty honest!" She added quickly as if her suggestion wasn't enough. Well she really wanted Koumori to see where she lived for some reason. "I-I'll show y-you how to get there."

(only step one? oooh excitement :D)

Glory took that better than I thought. Sure she was a little uneasy, but she seemed happy enough to agree. Then she told me how she usually stayed at an inn not too far from here. That seemed to be pretty convenient, she'd no doubt be more comfortable at a place she knew well "Great, sounds like a plan" I said smiling at her. "I hope they have good beds because my back is killing me today haha" She tried to reassure me that the place was nice but it honestly didn't matter if it was. "I believe you" I told her coolly. With that a slid off of the chair and stretched my legs before walking over to the door. I held it open for Glory as she walked back into the night. It had gotten very dark, thankfully there were tons of street lights. Anyway, I didn't know where to go so it was up to Glory to lead the way. "I'm all yours, lead the way."

(Yep. Just let me handle check-in hehehe you probably see where this is going)

Glory was glad to get out of the restaurant since the atmosphere had gotten a little too warm and uncomfortable for her to handle in fact she almost felt like she was gonna pass out right then and there. Almost in a jog she headed out as Koumori held the door open in which during the process she nodded his way as a form of thanks. "O-Okay." She complied and stopped walking so fast since she needed a friend by her side especially in the terrifying darkness surrounding them. Sometimes she would stay out until evening but when the sun dropped she went straight inside and stayed there in safety until morning. While walking she kept close to Koumori as possible to calm her nerves, something she would do with anybody really but this didn't seem to work as shoulder-to-shoulder contact only made things worse. "D-Did you have fun?" She asked as they approached the inn and she pointed to the building, moving to let Koumori inside like he had for her earlier. "This is it.." Glory muttered quietly feeling fortunate that the safety and warmth of a place she knew was there but embarrassed since her red face could be seen clearly again.

(oohh boii :) there be good times here. oh and her room is on the third floor for reference)

Glory nodded and set out to the inn. Her pace quickly slowed down however as she did the best she could to stay close to me. She must've really hated the dark I thought as the close proximity gave me a cold sweat. Jesus Koumori it's just a girl, calm down I reassured myself. Just then she turned and asked me if I had fun. Of course I answered honestly, "Yeah. I enjoyed getting to know you" I said scratching my head again. Glory eventually turned down a street and approached what I could only assume was the inn. She reached out to hold the door for me, no doubt to make up for me doing the same, and I thanked her as I observed her red face and entered. The lobby wasn't too big, a nice and cozy place. Nobody was in the lobby, besides the attendant of course, because it was already so late. "Sit here, I'll go get our rooms" I said to Glory while gesturing towards a chair. Once she was seated I approached the desk. I spoke to the attendant in a calm voice "Can I have the room my friend over there usually takes and another for myself?" The female clerk gave me a suspicious look and then told me something I was not ready to hear "I'm so sorry sir but we're booked solid, the only room available is the one that young lady has reserved" she fiddled around with some papers before resuming "Oh dear me, but it appears that none of the inns in the area have any openings either. I'm afraid you two will have to share" she finished with a wicked grin. I had never seen an NPC act like that. She was totally enjoying it. Actually, she might have even been lying too, but that probably wasn't the case. I stood there in shock for a second as she was about to hand me the key. "Wait, there has to be a mistake. Could you check again?" The NPC smiled at me again, "I'm sorry sir" she said as she coldly handed me the key. I had no choice but to take it in my hand and return to Glory. I swallowed deeply and walked back to my waiting companion. When I saw her sitting there my heart practically jumped out of my chest. I was going to spend the night with her...Before I let that thought consume me I shook my head and regained my composure. I would do the thing I knew how to do best, make a joke of it. I walked up to Glory and raised up my hand, letting the key dangle in the air, and calmly spoke "Well as it turns out they only have your room left, and no other places near here have any either. So it looks like we have no choice" I knew Glory wasn't going to take this well. I just hoped she didn't over react too much and label me a pervert and never speak to me again. 

(Let the games begin)

((you changed your avatar I see))

Edited by Koumori

Glory was elated to know of Koumori's opinion but kept only a sincere grin on her face as her light brown eyes could show all the happiness she was feeling by themselves. She nodded as response to Koumori's request and sat on the end of the chair keeping a tight grip on the end of her tunic feeling more than relieved this night was over. Not that she wasn't having fun because this was an exciting day for someone so timid like her and she'd really love to talk about this feeling of tightness in her chest and stomach with her best friend Rikuto since he'd been with many girls before but she couldn't, and so Glory needed time alone especially now to gather her thoughts. She was completely oblivious to the action happening at the front desk since she was thinking about too much to pay attention to anything else.

"...W-Wha-" Glory stuttered not being able to speak she kept her mouth open and shook her head. "A-Are y-you s-sure?" She did believe him just didn't want to at all, it made since because the inn was popular and most occupied and kept rooms forever at the beginning of the game. After a while of just sitting there she stood up slowly and headed towards her room as her blush consumed her entire figure. This wasn't what she planned but Koumori would at least be nice to her and for a second there she almost forgot to tell him to come along. "Y-You're allowed to come." She turned her body only to speak with a hoarse voice and through a throat that felt incredibely raw. 

Making it up the stairs was almost impossible as Glory kept stumbling and stopping so she wouldn't fall down the staircase or over a step. She was a nervous awkward mess and worse thing was she had to share a room... with a boy that wasn't family. Her friends had had sleepovers with boys before and told her about it which would make her giggle at the stories but who knew she'd have to do the same thing one day. Maybe all of this would be fun? Glory turned her head to Koumori halfway up the second staircase and felt like she was going to faint. "...Eh..." Glory paused and shut her eyes tight before continuing up the stairs with obvious difficulty.

As I expected, Glory couldn't believe what I had said. She started to confirm it and all I could do was shake my head in agreement. But what she did next was surprising. She didn't break down into a mess, she didn't throw something at me, and she didn't run away. She just walked to the stairs, hoarsely adding that I was aloud to come. It seemed like she was merely accepting the situation as it was, but still, she was letting me into her room. As we slowly ascended the stairs I stared up at Glory from behind, absorbed in my thoughts. My mind was racing. I had never been inside a girl's room before. I didn't know what I should do. Was I taking advantage of her by going along with it? I could tell by the way she was feebily stumbling up the stairs that she was incredibly uneasy. Should I just tell her to forget about it? But I couldn't help but wonder what it was like spending the night in the same room as another girl, something else I had never done. Man, I really was a loser in the real world wasn't I? I continued thinking these things as I guided myself up the many steps with my shaking hand on the railing. I noticed that when Glory turned around to steal a glance at me her face was as red as mine. But when I saw her eyes again, something jumped alive inside of me. I had to be feeling something for her and, that being the case, I couldn't let her do this if she didn't want to. As she was about to open the door to her room I stopped her saying "If you'd really rather not I can just sleep outside somewhere. I don't want to force you to do something you don't want" I added dejectedly. 

(I don't know what the inside of the room looks like so I stopped there and left it for you to describe when we go in :D)

Edited by Koumori

She placed her hand on the cold knob of the door to her room which felt odd because all of her body was so warm all around. Her heart felt like it was either going to leap out of her throat if she spoke again or just swell up so much it would burst, but for now her heart only beat rapidly against her chest. Speaking was super difficult already but now Glory could hardly form words let alone reject a friend that needed a place to stay which would be common courtesy for anyone to do no matter the gender or age or anything. As far as she knew Koumori was her friend and she wouldn't be rude to him and even if she wanted to she couldn't do it at all. "No. D-Don't be silly K-Kazuya." She was bent on helping her friend out but paused halfway through opening the door. "U-Um... Koumori I-I meant. ...S-Sorry..." Glory had accidentally used his real name and felt guilty because she mentioned not liking it when people used her own real name. The room wasn't small but definitely not huge and had one bed in the middle meant for two though usually Glory simply sprawled out in the middle due to being by herself. At the end of the bed was a long bench, while on either side there were nightstands with dim lights. The only other furniture in the room happened to be a table with two chairs in a far corner near a tiny patio with sliding doors.

Really she hadn't thought about what to do about the sleeping situation and instantly Glory felt embarrassed and even more flustered if that was psychically possible at the moment. "I-I'll sleep in a chair." She saw some people do the same in a television show once and decided that maybe the same situation would play out well if she did the same. Glory giggled awkwardly and in parts as if she were nervous before reluctantly grinning lopsidedly. "T-The view is really amazing... Heh..." Honestly she didn't want to talk or even go to bed for that matter because if she even touched Koumori again that would send her flying to the corner of the room for the rest of the night. For now since she could never kick Koumori out or even begin to be mean to him Glory would divert her attention.

(ohp just saw that comment about my avatar pic, yeah hehe i feel like a new person. and thanks for leaving that open to me i'll be sure to add that in.)

Glory stopped as she was about to open the door to answer my question. She told me that me that I should stay. The way she said it I could tell that she meant it, she at least didn't want to turn me away that is. Huh? Wait, she just used my name! She called me Kazuya! Why would she use my real name in a situation like this? That was something really personal. Is that how she meant that comment to be? If that was so, then she really did want me to stay the night. But of course she then quickly apologized and corrected herself. "No it's okay, really. I did say you could call me that after all" I said as she opened the door. The room was overall pretty nice. It was pretty bare on furnishings, having only a few tables a bed and a chair, but it was cozy. As I should've expected there was only one bed. Obviously I couldn't sleep there so I turned my attention to the couch chair thing in front of it. Like she was reading my thoughts, Glory offered to take ther chair. Uh uh, no way was that happening. "No way. It's your room you should sleep on the bed. Besides, I'd feel awful if I forced a girl to sleep on a couch. I'll take it" I said with a smile that told her I wouldn't yeild on this one. Then I noticed that the room also had a patio, a nice touch. Glory must've seen me looking at it as she led me over to it and stepped outside, commenting about the view. On the small balcony we were really close to each other. I looked over at her next to me and my heart started beating faster. She was really close. From this distance I got a good look at her face and noticed again how cute she was. Blushing once more, I turned my head to see the view she was describing. It was great. You could see a lot of the city from here. I leaned forward and placed my hands on the railing to get a better view. But as I did this, my pinky ended up touching Glory's. Startled, I moved it away as quickly as I could. If I was embarrassed by that, I could only imagine how Glory would feel.

"A-As long as you don't mind." Glory enjoyed the fact that she didn't have to face Koumori possibly being against her using his real name even if only by accident. So that meant she didn't mess up which was good and less embarrassment on her side. "Ar-" She stopped speaking upon seeing that Koumori really meant business and that trying to convince him otherwise wouldn't work or so that's what she gathered from his expression alone. Outside most definitely had a great view since you could see the skyline and many buildings along with fields and trees in the far distance. It really took her breath away and just that fact could be seen in Glory's face that was glowing and at a normal color since her blush had calmed down, though any sight or thing that got her excited could easily erase any bad feeling away. "Told you." She sighed contently and gripped the thick railing in front of her gently. Only when Koumori's skin made contact with her's did she jump back into reality and stiffened up in her spot not being able to move her hand like Koumori had. "S-So um... this patio is the reason w-why I-I wanted to get a home up high. Something a-about being able to touch the sky m-makes me feel free... eh... i-if that makes sense. Plus i-it's really pretty." Glory couldn't find the correct or right words to say yet the situation felt right and she was okay with spending the night with Koumori... for now that is.

I could tell by Glory's reaction that she was relieved that I wasn't against her using my name. She also didn't put up much objection to me sleeping on the couch. I'm sure she'd actually still rather do it herself, but she knew I wouldn't have that. When my finger touched hers she immediately stiffened up and froze like a rock. I was expecting her to hastily move her hand away, maybe even jump to the side, but this was probably even worse. The blushing that I had noticed calmed down came right back to life too. Eventually she regained her composure enough to speak. "That makes sense. Being away from the ground and all the drama that goes on there is freeing in a way. But if that's the case you're probably looking for less lake house and more mountain top house." I took one last look at the city before I stepped back inside. I made my way to one of the chairs and sat down. Feeling suddenly embarrassed to lounging around on her furniture, a slight blush appeared on my face again as well. Like before, if we stayed silent it would become unbearable, so I'd say something this time. For some reason, I felt like I could open up to Glory about almost anything. I felt safe around her. "You know the reason I was always alone was because I never really liked anyone. I always thought I'd be better off if I could do my own thing without having to deal with what other people wanted to do. Plus, I never trusted anyone besides my parents. I pretty much shut myself out" I said to her as I stared blankly at the table. Hoped I wasn't freaking her out. 

"Right... right... l-lake-house will be m-my backup then. Better s-start saving up. Then again... I-I could just build a tree-house." Glory joked before giggling quietly at her own joke still keeping an eye on the scene in front of her. When Koumori went back inside so did Glory since she didn't want to leave him alone though she huffed before stepping back inside and sliding the door closed behind her. He sat in a chair and for some reason that Glory didn't know or understand her friend blushed which made her giggle again. Koumori did look silly with a blush on his face but... somewhat cute too. Glory shook her head which would probably look odd to Koumori in an attempt to get those thoughts out of her head which kept a blush going on her face. She didn't want to like anyone just yet... not without Rikuto there by her side or her parents to help out. This kind of stuff was still strange to her since she'd never dated anyone before and Glory moved to sit in the chair opposite of Koumori to compose herself since she felt dizzy and as if she were about to have a heart-attack from how fast her heart was beating and how long it'd been pounding against her chest. It was so loud she didn't know how Koumori hadn't heard the sound yet that rung in her ears.

"...That's hard for me to understand but I-I can try. Why didn't you like anyone? I-I mean... were people mean to you? It's okay to only trust your parents it's just I don't see why you couldn't trust anybody. You trust me right? ...I would be lonely and sad right now if you were still the same way you know..." She didn't mean to speak so much and since Glory was trying to comfort her friend and let him know she was listening Glory didn't stutter at all but her voice was still in a whisper. If she hadn't met Koumori then her day would be the worst, she'd probably be crying and all alone without a friend but here she was having a sleepover with a boy for the very first time. She didn't realize how happy she was until now and despite the mood Glory grinned softy and kept her eyes on Koumori with legs pulled up to her chest.

"Hmm, a tree house doesn't sound like a bad idea" I said giggling just like Glory. She moved with me as I went to the chair. I noticed her shaking her head rapidly after I sat down and wondered what was wrong. I had been doing the same thing earlier to clear my head but it seemed like a blush appeared only after she'd finished her shaking. Weird. She sat down and listened as I gave her my speech. I could tell that she really was taking everything to heart by the way she was looking at me and especially by her response. For some reason I was really happy when she asked if I trusted her and said she'd be lonely if I didn't. I could feel my heart start pounding again when she said those words. I really did trust her. No matter what, I couldn't imaging her every intentionally doing anything to hurt me. I smiled to myself before I responded. "No it wasn't anything like that. I just saw that no matter how nice I was to people they'd always abandon me if it was better for them. I just didn't like seeing people like that so I left them alone." I paused for a second to compose my thoughts, "You know, I think I do trust you. You just seem like that kind of person. And I'm glad I could make you happy" I said smiling at her but looking no where near her directions. For some reason I was afraid to look into her eyes. Maybe it would make things easier if I shared my predicament with her. She must've been wondering why I was acting so strangely. I readjusted myself and timidly said "Haha, you know I've never been in a girl's room before"

"That's... Oh..." Glory opened her mouth to speak but quickly shut it not knowing how Koumori felt at all though she really did want to comfort him. "I-I don't see how that's possible because if I were them I'd want to be with you all the time. W-What could be better? ...Heh..." She nervously laughed but was on a serious level hoping that her attempts would help. "I see where you're coming from... I suppose. It'd hurt my feelings too if my friends left me but you should never stop trying you know. There's always at least one person out there." Glory shrugged blushing now since Koumori had admitted his faith in her though she couldn't help but notice he wasn't even looking anywhere near her. She took a look back to see what Koumori was looking at but found nothing and simply ignored the odd behavior on his part. "Really? Well... my room was a lot more pink and flowery at home... but I guess this counts too." She changed her tone of voice since it seemed Koumori didn't want to talk about the previous topic anymore which was okay with her. "I only went into one boy's room and it was my best friend's so it was always fun. You don't really think about that when you're with someone so close to you."