[PP-F4] Return (Hasai & Takao)

Floor four. The floor she made her first stand and met a variety of players who she would call friends.. a few months ago. Kotori was alone once again and this time it seemed to permanent once more. How was it that in the matter of days she had found herself in a life that was exactly like pre-SAO. No, she had always been living that life, there was just a hiatus in between. These thoughts filled her mind silently as she trenched through the light snow-like substance, ignoring the possibility of death or being attacked as she passed from the safe zone to the wild. In fact, she slightly hoped something would attack her so she could let out some her rage on it and calm down although that didn't likely whatsoever. Her brown bangs continued to sway side to side as the frisky wind blew through the frosty wonderland before she let out a light sight. There was nothing appealing anymore about this floor as it had outlived its initial appeal although she still couldn't pin the reason down. What reason was there anyway though, it didn't lessen her now apparent hatred the for the cold air or the white substance that covered the land and trees. 

The winter wonderland known as Floor 4, was as snowy as ever. With a heavy heart, a girl dressed in a short white dress, with black and red trimmings stood in the wilderness. She had been sitting among the trees for a while now, and her eyes seemed to glow green, in the black shadows. Her feet seemed to move without her permission as she spotted a girl nearby. She trudged through the snow, the cold never bothered her anyways, so she had no need for a cloak. Her eyes trailed across the girl's face, as she continued on her way closer. Her feet seemed to drive her forward, with an unknown intent. Her eyes continued to flirt around the area, until her thoughts got the better of her, The girl doesn't seem to care if she dies. For all she knows, I could become a player killer right now, not that I would... But I could. She had no will to speak, as she was in a very bad mood. Her face was soft, as her brown pigtails flitted in the wind. Tied up by two single yellow bows. Her boots were tied up and tight, so no snow could enter its way through them. With her unhappy mood, she was close enough to get a closer look at the girl. Dark brown hair, with brown eyes. She had a warm looking face, with natural pinkish cheeks. Her hair had bangs that covered forehead slightly, and she looked unhappy, with a slight frown, Youno wondered why the girl was so unhappy.

Takao rolled his head across his shoulders and stretched his arms out toward the sky. His attention had wavered from the menu hovering in front of him that he'd been idly flicking through following the brief stint of monster hunting that he was returning from, and with a simple motion of his hand he closed the menu, having no further intention of utilizing it. He pulled the fur collar of his cloak up toward his neck and silently thanked Ariel for making it feel as warm as he'd requested, which made it perfect for usage in the cold wilderness of the fourth floor. He usually found the foresty winter land to be desolate and rather devoid of life that didn't desire to try to kill him, so he was rather surprised to see a pair of vaguely familiar faces amidst the light snowfall, walking in the direction that he was. A sudden feeling of gaiety washed over Takao upon realizing that he wasn't as alone in the wilderness as he thought. Although he could only see the back of her head, he immediately recognized one of the two. He approached her from behind, not doing much of anything to hide his presence but not intentionally making it obvious either, until he stood close enough to lean forward and down a bit beside Youno. "So, what're we lookin' at?"

Edited by Takao

Almost instinctively, Kotori materialized her dagger and gripped it tightly mid-air as she rotated on her heel to stare at the direction of the voice only to find a player behind her with the first thought of the girl having been stalking her. Instantenously her eyes slanted as a fury filled her very being and her only logical move was to point her weapon and extended her arm as so her dagger's tip would almost touch the other players's throat. It was a young girl, most likely a few years younger than Kotori herself with pigtails as the design for her hair. A little teenager who thought she could sneak up on an unsuspecting player although it failed because a boy decided to greet her. "What the hell do you think you are doing? I can kill you where you stand just for stalking me like you did although I'm feeling a bit more merciful than usual so I'll give you a minute to explain yourself or I'm going to stick this knife so deep down your throat, you'll s*** iron filings. Also, its a shame that you didn't finish your sneaking as it seems that boy over there know you or am I wrong? Now explain." She ordered while keeping a slight eye on the male player who made his and the girl standing in front of her's presence very clear.

As soon as the girl felt breath upon the back of her neck, she jumped. However, as soon as she heard the voice, her mood instantly brightened, Takao! She gave him a backwards hug, and watched as the girl turned around, T-that's who we are staring at. She let out a chuckle, as she watched the girl materialize her dagger. She listened the girl, as it was drawn across her neck, Well, I was out in the wilderness, just minding my own business, until I saw you. Then I was walking towards you, until Takao here, joined me. Her eyes were earnest and full of truth. Her feet found them stepping backwards, so the knife was no longer close to her beck. She bumped into Takao, as she was walking backwards, but refused to move. Seeking protection from the girl that had practically just threatened to kill her.

The smile that had set on Takao's face disappeared just as fast as it had formed, quickly turning to a frown at the sight of the dagger that was pushed toward Youno. As much as he would've liked to return the backward hug she'd given him, he felt much more inclined to move around her and place himself at her side inside, though he still stood close enough for his arm to brush against her's in a subtle display of reassurance. He flinched slightly at the language and threats that were thrown but kept his hands at his side, well away from the weapon that rested over his shoulder. "Hey, c'mon now, nobody's gotta be killin' anybody." His body language and expression were calm as his glance shifted between Youno and Kotori. "It was just bad timing, that's all."

The information recieved from the words spoken from the two players and the realization of what she was becoming was beginning to take its toll on Kotori as she grasped her head as a person with a blinding headache would on instinct. Her tiny fingers traversed her hair while her right palm kept the knife she possessed against her temples while the girl stumbled backwards. What was she doing, acting like a threat and becoming hostile over absolutely nothing? No, they had been stalking her, that was a perfectly good reason to defend your own life. A rush of thoughts filled her head as the her pupils danced crazily around in the white of her eyes as she stared down at the frosty snow. "J-Just GET AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING I'LL REGRET!" She shouted with a tone of caution underlining the blunt words. Immediately afterwards, she made a mad dash towards the trees, trying to escape the two and herself although the latter was impossible.

As the girl ran away from them, the girl stared at her, I want to be her friend.... I want to be here for her, even if I don't know her... She looked at Takao, with wide eyes, her emotions told him that she wanted to help the girl, she called after the girl, "I don't want to harm you!" Her gaze looked back towards Takao, then back at the girl, as she escaped into the trees. If she ran after her, it would most likely show hostility. She didn't want to show any sort of hostile attitude, her gaze trained back to Takao, wondering what he would do about the situation.

Takao flinched as she shouted, drawing his head back slightly and closing his eyes for only a second. By the time he'd reopened them, she had turned and started to run off into the forest. His frown returned and he glanced over to Hasai as she looked back at him, noticing the conflict she felt. "Are you alright? She didn't hurt you or anything, did she?" Takao turned to face Hasai and quickly looked her over until he was sure she hadn't been harmed, though he still waited for her response before saying anything else. "That girl's in the same guild as me, I think." He said as his attention turned to the forest that she ran into. He placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled before starting to trot off in the same direction. "We should make sure she doesn't get hurt or anything. I dunno if she could defend herself with how she's acting right now." Takao said as he glanced over his shoulder to Hasai to check and see if she was following, then returned his attention to the snowy forest. "She seems way out of sorts. Ah man, c'mon... what was her name..? I swear I know it."

Edited by Takao