[PP:F2] ärt-ˌwərkz <<Earning a Living>> (Tristan)

After all was said and done, Tryst and her handsome companion finally rolled out of bed and got up to do as Nena wanted to do. She had wanted to complete the Earning a Living quest; after a bit of research, she found an Artisan NPC on floor two so, the ginger pair went off to find this person.  Their search had lead them up the path to an adorable cottage nestled out of the way in the wood in the middle of a glen covered in a plethora of wild brooms in various colors and shades. To the left were several trees, the largest of them a tall pine that fluttered, its needles rustling in the gentle breeze that swept through the area.

“Pretty…” Nena said to herself as walked through the near knee deep flowers that surrounded the pair of them.  She traversed through the flowers as she looked around her finding the place entirely ridiculous and charming at the same time. It was like something ripped out of storybook.

They reached the small cottage and Tryst knocked on the door. A small voice bid them enter and the pair steppes inside. The woman was surprised at what she found inside the cottage. It was an artist’s studio… much like her apartment back home. There were things everywhere, bottles of brushes, paints, canvases, a pottery wheel, papers lining the floor of half finished sketches, things made of wire hanging from the ceiling, metal cutout strewn about here and there. Along the wall was a large bookcase housing books, more art supplies, pottery in various stages of completion and other devices and instrumentation all used for the sake of art. “Fantastic!” Nena said and smiled.

“Oh thank you,” a voice said as young girl popped out from behind a canvas. She was about Nena’s height and worse a white smock. Upon her face in and her short pink hair, red paint flecks were splattered and had dried upon her. “Are you here for an art commission?” The young woman asked.

“Oh …no, but your work is lovely,” Tryst replied with a smile.

“Awe,” the girl said slightly disappointed, “Then why are you here?”

“I actually came because I heard that you could show me how to become an artisan?” Nena said hoping her information wasn’t wrong.

“Oh… yeah!” The young girl said with a huge smile upon her little face, “I can totally do that! Umm… first you’ll need supplies! I’ll teach you to make clay trinkets! I have clay here I can give you, but you’ll need to gather a few things on your own.”

“Okay… what’s that?”  She asked curiously.

It was then a display message popped up.

<<Earning a Living>>

To earn the title of Beginner Artisan the player must gather the following supplies and bring them back to Flora:

3 -flowers of the same color and type

1 -straight twig 7-8 inches in length

3- Bristle sets from Mountain boars

Do you accept?

YES?     NO?

“If you bring me back these items I’ll teach you to make paint and I’ll give you a paintbrush… so how about it?”

Tryst looked at the girl and back at Tristan. He didn’t seem to have an opinion on what was going on, and it was her quest, so she decided she would do it. Nena hit “yes” and her quest had begun. She and Tristan headed back out into the fields of blooms.

“I guess I’ll start with the gathered items… they seem easy enough. “ She said to Tristan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tristan followed Tryst toward the journey of becoming an Artisan as he had promised to help with, wondering what he would be doing this. In his own one he had gone to a village and played some music with an acoustic guitar, though it was most likely not that simple for being an artisan. After all, an artisan had to make things, and generally more creatively than other professions. Eventually they left his shop, but remained on the same floor here as he travelled with Tryst to something that looked like it belonged to a William Wordsworth poem, a romantic british poet who lived in the picturesque lake district. He could only hum in approval to what Tryst said with it being pretty, words lost at the sight.

Eventually Tryst approached the cottage, marvelling further what was inside, along with speaking with the NPC in question for the quest. Tristan kept quiet, since this was her quest, and listened to what they spoke. After a while, she had accepted the quest and spoke of them setting off for gathering. He smiled and said "Sure, let us go.".

• 5 weeks later...

Nena walked out of the cottage with Tristan in tow. She stepped back out into the pastoral scenery and sighed as she took in the lovely view from where she stood. In all her life she’d never seen anything like this; she’d always preferred city life. However, standing there in such a place gave her pause to wonder if there were truly places like this in the real world.  It would have been nice if she and Tristan could’ve had a roll in the field of flowers for a few hours, but there was little time for that. Nena had a job to do and she was determined to become an artisan by day’s end. With this thought in mind the young woman bounced off into the field of flowers and set to work trying to find what she needed.

First up on the list were flowers which needed to be the same type and color. It seemed simple enough; she was standing in the middle of the largest flower field she’d ever laid eyes upon. She walked through the blooms wondering what color to choose. Since her favorite color was blue, she decided to go with that. Tryst moved slowly through the tall grass as she scanned looking for the one she wanted until she came upon the loveliest azure blue cornflower. She smiled as she reached for the bloom and gently plucked it up. As luck would have it, she successfully picked the flower, and she spun it between her fingers to admire the lovely thing before adding it to her inventory. She looked up wondering where Tristan had gone off to, and gave him a wave as she spotted him not too far off from the cottage.

“One down!” she called to him. If she could just get luck four more times, this would be over with in no time.

31522     LD: 15 

Blue Flower Obtained

+1 Material

1/3 Blue Flowers

0/1 Twigs

0/3 Boar Bristle Sets

Tristan was also trying to pick for Blue Flowers, being the goal of the quest and all, so went scouring to a nearby place for any. He saw one and tried to grab for it, but it seemed the only thing this game wanted him to pick up is a pile of dirt. Well that was rather anti-climatic in terms of his usefulness in completing the actual quest, sighing and deciding he will try again later and maybe have better success. He stood up and looked to see where Tryst was, probably having more success than he was.
It turns out she had and she called out her success to him. He waved back and laughed, saying back "Well I failed, but I'll keep trying!".

31554     LD: 4

Nothing found

1/3 Blue Flowers

0/1 Twigs

0/3 Boar Bristle Sets

It seemed that lovely Mr. Delaney was making himself useful by assisting her in picking flowers, but sadly had no luck in the endeavor.  “I’m looking for azure blue cornflowers…” she called to him, “So if you see one, go for that.” While this was not his quest, it was incredibly sweet of him to help her out without her even asking him to do so. She stood there watching him for a moment still puzzled at the realness of his polite ways, and decided that it was just better to accept rather than question it. She went back to work sifting through the flowers. There were many cornflowers around, but none of the Azure blue variety that she’d first set her sights upon.

“Maybe I should’ve chosen a more abundant shade of the flower,” she told herself with a chuckle.

Of course Nena knew she was exactly the type to latch on to a rarity; she had impeccable taste.

31593   LD: 4

NO FLOWERS FOUND

1/3 Blue Flowers

0/1 Twigs

0/3 Boar Bristle Sets

Tristan chuckled to being told about Azure blue, thinking immediately of his guild. "Yes, I'm all too familiar with Azure. I saw a lot of that in the S&Z tournament which i fought in when I represented them. On that note, did you watch all the tournament?". He couldn't remember what fights she actually watched, aside from the fight with Oikawa which he lost due to dawdling too much in the fight. Tristan scanned the nearby area for more flowers, until he found a azure blue flower as was described. He picked it up, thought for a moment, then stood upright. He walked to Tryst and placed the flower in her hair carefully, then kissed her, saying "Now this crimson flower has some extra radiance to complement how fabulous they are." with a grin.

31914   LD: 20

Blue Flower Found.

2/3 Blue Flowers

0/1 Twigs

0/3 Boar Bristle Sets