[SP-FL1] What Lies Within [COMPLETE]

"Hm.. you amuse me, hunter."

The feminine monotone voice came from around the tree that the Rakkun was pointing towards.  Cloaked in cloth that camouflaged with its surroundings, a figure appeared from behind the tree.  It stood there for a second before pointing an outstretched arm towards me, index finger pointed towards myself.

"You are different than other hunters, that have come through these parts.  Most do not hear the voices of the wild." 

I was not sure how to respond to that.  Who was this person that had appeared before me, and why could I not see their cursor.  There should be a green cursor above the heads of all players, unless they were Player Killers, then they had orange cursors.  Even monsters and NPCs had them with red and yellow respectively.  I was really confused and blurted out.

"Who are you, and why do you appear before me now?  Were you the one that was setting up those traps around me?"

"Why, yes, I was.  I was trying to get you to leave this land, before you caused any more suffering."

"Suffering?"

"Yes, your kind has brought us nothing, but suffering!  Hunting down the creatures of this forest, even though they are kind and only want to befriend you.  You, hunter, should see this."

I actually could see it from the Rakkuns that kept trying to get on top of him.  I felt the Rakkun scrambling around in my hat, and smiled.  These guys were fairly friendly, but that could easily be taken out of context, as I had thought that they would attack or caused the traps.  No, the traps were from something that could make 

"I do, but that does not give you the right to set these traps and kill innocent people."

"Are they innocent, or just as depraved as you are?"

It said in its monotone voice as it took a step towards me.  I took a step back from her in response.  The hooded figure continued on.

"Are they not trying to take them away from the family that raised them?  Are they not butchering them into food!  Are they not going to kill them to make as hats?"

I gulped in as a lump in my throat formed.  This wasn't going to go along civil like, is it?, I thought.

"Your kind will bother us, no more.  Leave us now, or face the consequences."

[ID = 27481][BD = 1][MD 2-2= 0]

[Hirru = 24/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[?Hooded Figure? = 15/15]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

"If I don't?"

As if to answer my question, the figure pulled out a bow from out of her cloak.  A second later, an arrow was nocked in the string before being pulled and aimed at me.  My eyes went wide before the air was shot out at my head.  Moving my head away, the arrow quickly stuck to the tree that I was next to, making a thrumming sound as it vibrated in place.

"I see!  Well, I guess that is my invitation to engage!"

[ID = 27482][BD = 5][MD 5-2= 3]

[Hirru = 24/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[?Hooded Figure? = 15/15]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

Running forward, I raised my sword to attack my unknown assailant, as it wasn't a player.  No, it didn't seem to be anything, but a figure that was shooting arrows at me.  Speaking of which, it was already nocking another arrow to shoot at me.  

Trying to dodge away from where it aimed, the figure followed my movements and shot an arrow straight into my chest.  Another spike of pain rushed through me, but I wouldn't let that get to me.  I rushed in and slashed through the cloaked figure.  Its cloak tore a bit, but not enough to remove it.

"You do not belong here!  Leave now!"

"Not until you stop these traps!"

[ID = 27493][BD = 7][MD 10-2= 8]Crit..

[Hirru = 20/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[?Hooded Figure? = 12/15]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

Trying to get in another attack was fruitless as the cloaked one fired another pinpoint attack on me, causing another wave of pain.  I pulled the two arrows out of me, which hurt that much more.  I groaned as the glowing holes gave off soft heat.  If this continued like this, I may die.

"Do you truly wish to die here, hunter?"

"Huh?"

"I asked you peacefully to leave, but you refused.  We only wish peace in our forest.  No more bloodshed, nor kidnapping."

"People are already scared to enter, because of your traps!  They fear death!"

"Then why do you not?"

"I do!"

[ID = 27501][BD = 3][MD 10-2= ]Wry?

[Hirru = 16/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

"Then why risk your life for people that wish to maim nature?"

"We all live by killing something!  That is how nature works!  Survival of the fittest!  I don't want some nature nut telling me that which I already know!

I was getting pretty ticked off at this point. As I got back up faster than it could pull back the bow, but to my surprise, I couldn't hit it either.

"I will survive, but I will not sacrifice everyone else."

[ID = 27508][BD = 5][MD 2-2= 0]

[Hirru = 16/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

I found myself following the path of the hooded figure as we circled around each other.  Its aim seemed to always be my chest, but it would seem that its attention would move to the Rakkun on my head.  Speaking of, the Rakkun was probably napping in my hat, as it had not moved in quite some time.  If I could, I would be able to bypass the figure's aim and land a strike.

The figure kept a trained eye, what I thought it was as I couldn't see past its hood, towards me as it aimed an another arrow at me.  This time, I ran forward towards it.  Seeing this, the figure shot the arrow in my direction, aiming for my heart.  Once I saw it open its fingers to release the arrow, I dropped down into a roll and dodged the arrow.  Retaining my momentum, I returned to my feet and activated a <<Rage Spike>> against the cloaked one.

As my sword connected, the cloak burst into pieces, showing the contents to me.  What I thought would be a humanized being vaporized from my sight to become the blue furred fox from before.

"What?"

[ID = 27618][BD = 10][MD 7-2= 5]
[CD = 12] +1 HP

[Hirru = 17/25]

[Rakkun = 9/13][On head]

[Spirit Fox = 7/15]
[Mats = 3]

Edited by Hirru

"You were the fox all along?  I'm deeply confused?"

The fox looked at me with its soft eyes before the cloaked one appeared again.  This time, it was beside the fox instead of hiding it within its folds.  Now up close and not having the pointy end of an arrow pointed at me, I could see the visage of a young woman within the hood.  She pulled the cowl down before speaking.

"So now you know the truth.  I am the Spirit of the Forest!  One of many that patrol these lands, protecting the ones that call these woods, home."

The feminine figure flourished her arm causing the cloak to flutter showing off the arm of a slim woman.  It gestured to the whole forest as many different animals came into view.  Most were familiar, like the wolves and the rakkuns, but some were not.  There was a large dog-like one and another that seemed like a ram or a sheep of some kind.  

"The forest has been our home, long before the land was torn asunder.  We have lived peacefully, away from the outside world."

Her monotone voice turned a bit colder and I could feel a bit of anger from it.

"That is, until your kind started invading our land."

"The betas..."

"Pardon..?"

"My apologies!  Continue..please."

Both her fox self and her human personification looked at me strangely before stepping closer to one of the trees.  Touching it with her personified hand, her head swung back to look at me.

"Your kind began cutting down our homes, and slaughtered many families.  If it wasn't for the Great Divide, our home would have burned."

"Great.. Divide.."

"We do not know how, but this land was never like this.  It spanned thousands of leagues in ever direction; my forest included.  Since then, your kind has stopped destroying our homes, and instead returned to your hunter ways.  Killing innocents and stealing others.  I will not allow that to continue!"

The personified figure raised the bow from seemingly nowhere, and pointed an arrow at me again.  This time, I didn't feel like moving.

"That is why, huh?  Well, I guess I have no choice."

Slowly, I raised my hands up to my hat, and took the Rakkun that was in my hat off.  I held it in my hands as it looked at me.

"Sorry, little guy, but he ride is over!  Time to get off!"

Lowering it down on the ground, it looked at me for a second before running off to a group of Rakkuns that instantly start fawning over it.  I smiled before getting back to a standing position.

"I'm leaving!" 

[ID: 27778] [LD: 11] Nothing

I proclaim as I turned towards the direction of the nearest town.  As I passed by a tree, I heard a familiar squeak.  Looking back, I noticed the same Rakkun that had been riding on my head, for a while.  It came towards me with an object in its mouth, but it tripped and dropped the present.  Whatever it was, it shattered on contact with the floor.  The Rakkun, with saddened eyes, looked back up to me as I smile at it.

"It's okay.  It's the thought that counts!"

I said as I turned and walked away.  As I did, I started to process everything that had happened, and all the information from it.  None of it has caused any memories to pop up, but it did bring up some valuable information about the world.  This Great Divide.  It sounded important, but he needed more information about it.  Was it the event that created the environments of each floor?  He would have to say yes, but couldn't without any more information.

As I crested the edge of the forest, I had appeared near the town of Tolbana, as I originally planned.  Looking back at the forest, I thought about the Spirit of the Forest and the little Rakkun.  They had something that no other monster had before.

They had a heart, or something along the lines.

My heart seemed to tell me the same thing.

I guess we are all follow what lies within.

Completed

Summary

Hirru = 400 Col + 1 SP + 3 Mats

Item obtained - Kun Fur Hat [EVA+1]

Edited by Hirru