[PP-F2] Mountains and Woods

As the trees began to surround them and the air heat rose more with the summer sun, Zelrius let out a sigh, using his free hand to undo the bowtie around his neck and unbutton the collar of his shirt. He laughed as doing so, and commented on the weather. "Today was not a good day to wear the black, I suppose. Though the gold and other little bits of bright colors in my tuxedo help, certainly wasn't a good idea. If only I had a sort of hindsight." He looked to her, his arrogant smile sitting his face ever so presently. "Though, in that case, I'd use things like that on a few other events and cases, rather than what the colors my tuxedo should be on a particular day." 

"Normally, I would give hints as to things like this, But I fear that you may be one of the more intelligent people and will easily figure out my hints. So to answer your question, princess Starrine," He said her name and princess with a bit of emphasis, rolling the R's in both words, "No hints for you." That was, of course not the reason why he didn't give hints. No, the real reason is because he didn't know exactly where to take her. He supposed a restaurant or an Inn would be fine, but to Zelrius, those were far too monotonous 

Starrine fanned her face with her hand as the heat grew, and let out a sigh of agreement as he did. "It probably wasn't a good idea," she agreed with a hearty laugh, meeting his bright blue gaze as he continued to speak. "What would you use it for, then?" Starrine asked curiously, a witty thought coming to her mind as she spoke. "If I had it, I would use it to see where you're taking me," the girl said with a small, teasing grin, pleased that his arrogant smirk had returned. She liked his original, teasing self a lot more. Though, seeing him blush was also quite fun to see.

"I like the way you indirectly compliment me," she giggled as he said he'd fear she'd be one of the more intelligent people whom would be able to figure out his hints. Shrugging as he said no hints for her, she examined him closely, scooting a bit closer and focusing a wide-eyed stare on him. "Maybe I'll be able to intimidate you out of one," she said after a moment of joking staring, laughing a bit as she turned her head back to look at the path. She was curious about where they were going, though, and wondered if he even had anything specific in mind.

"That'd be a waste of that power. You could just tell me what it is you want to do, and I could take you there, No need for using Hindsight abilities to see where I am currently headed." He laughed, trying to get an idea out of her, still having no clue himself where to go. After she began fanning herself, Zelrius reached into his tuxedo pocket and pulled out the folded handkerchief that was inside. He handed the maroon colored handkerchief to her, "Use this for the fanning process. It'll help." Then he laughed, returning a witty comment of his own. "You're the lucky one with your short sleeves and whatnot. I am over here in Slacks and two layers of long sleeve upper body wear." A flick of his golden hair as he gestured to the dress shirt and over coat of his tuxedo.

Then he spoke without thinking, and once the words came out, he had realized it was too late to back down, only looking to her for a reaction. "I like a lot of things about you," He attempted a quick recovery. "However, it is your job to find out what they are," His blue eyes meeting her amber ones for the uncountable time now. When she scooted closer Zelrius for a second looked at her a bit confused, then replied to her comment. "Intimidate a hint out of me? Try another method there princess, I am a frontliner, Floor bosses don't intimidate me, much less a pretty little, low level like yourself."

"Are you implying you don't have a place in mind?" Starrine asked, grinning mischievously as he vocalized, thinking to herself where she'd like to go. She had wanted to visit the high fields of crossing, but considering a lot of players used it for a dating spot, she didn't want her idea to be misconceived. So, she kept quiet and continued walking. As he handed the handkerchief to her, she immediately thought the word gentleman. Giggling to herself at the thought, she smiled, "Thank you," and grabbed it, fanning herself. After his witty comment, she lifted her eyebrows, and began fanning him with the handkerchief, laughing a bit. "Better, then?"

"Do you?" She stopped as he continued on, her face a bit surprised. He didn't seem like the type to hand out compliments, and as he made a quick save, she nodded her head. Thought so; he must just be trying to play with her feelings, or something. However, his continuous eye contact made her think.. a little bit otherwise. As soon as the thought crossed her mind, it was quickly dismissed when he began speaking again. Her lids lowered in distaste at his comment about her level; the one thing she disliked being teased about. Huffing, she put her free hand on her hip. "I'll try and think of something else, then, your highness."

He let out a breath as she began to fan him. "That was a bit unexpected there. But yes, Much better, Thank you." He avoided her first comment, still concealing the fact that he infact had no place to take her other than a few, most of which he didn't feel comfortable with taking her. Mainly because the boy felt as though things had just moved a little too fast in the last few moments or so, and Zelrius really didn't want to scare her away. It seemed to him that everywhere was just too... datey. And in all actuality, other than Shaya, Zelrius had mostly refrained from socializing in SAO, especially girls. It wasn't that he couldn't, the golden haired boy obviously had the charisma and idea, just that he was more imressed in becoming the best. And now that he thought he was, (And probably is) Zelrius felt other things needed be done, and now, he was horrible at it.

When she asked if he did like things about her, He simply didn't respond, I am making it awkward again. Damn me. His eyes stayed on her, taken by her appearance and what he had thus far seen of her personality. It was certainly something different as of lately. I am sure there are people who share similiar traits as to her, But there are reasons I don't talk to them. and one of those reasons was what he had just done: Clearly his comment had insulted her somehow, though he didn't quite know. All the Ex-Blood Buccaneer knew was that the way she said her last sentence was not that of teasing or content. "Ay, say it with a bit of poison there?" He laughed trying to lighten the mood a bit. "I apologize if I said anything you didn't like, I was only trying to tease." Another chuckle, then he went on. "Princess Starrine," Rolling the R's again, something he enjoyed doing. "Can I be honest with you?" He took a breath and went on "I have no idea where I am going. I just wanted to do something other than spend another day grinding Experience and col, or talking to myself. And while I could have easily went and talked to Tristan, Ssendom, Kiru or Rebekah, the other Commandants of the Azure Brigade, All we ever do as a team is host frontline events or meetings. In other words, it would have been grinding and talking to myself still, just with other people standing close by."

Starrine lifted her head, eyes a bit narrowed. She opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it as he continued on speaking. Of course, being quite bad at keeping up conversations with people, she always somehow managed to accidentally push off people she tried to befriend. Yet, somehow, most of the people she had managed to befriend were mostly guys, which was kind of awkward for her. She paused in her step, twirling a strand of hair in her free hand, curiosity piquing as he asked if he could be honest with her. After listening, she took a deep breath, looked away, and then turned back to him. "Well.." She mumbled, sheepishly kicking a rock off the path, "it's hard to be angry at someone who's so sincere. If.." Starrine took a deep breath, and glanced away again, focusing on something in the distance, "I suppose if you ever get tired of just sticking around those guys," she said, unlinking her arm from his to open up her menu.

After scrolling through the menu for a moment, she continued speaking, "I wouldn't mind hanging out with you again, after this." With that, a friend request popped up in front of Zelrius, and she shyly relinked her arm through his. "But in exchange, you have to come up with somewhere good to take me. Sound good?" Starrine asked, her original grin forming on her mouth once more.

(Might end the RP soon :\) 

He laughed, Pfft Sincere. If she went to anyone and said "Zelrius was so sincere" They'd laugh in her face. He said thinking back to many of his dishonest moments, of course this actually not being one of them, a great surprise to even him. He was in fact being sincere, and hadn't meant to. It was his nature to be so teasing, but usually only to get something. It was Starrine that changed that a little for him, Zelrius didn't want anything from her, and was sure she had nothing to offer, but yet, he went on teasing and conversing. Maybe it's become a habit. Heh, Shaya was right, I am good at it, but for all the wrong reasons.  He frowned slightly when she unlinked arms. "Guess that's over the-" He was cut short by her opening her menu. For a second, Zelrius was positive that they're little meeting was over, but that seemed to be quite the opposite of the real case.

The boy looked between her and the message, eventually stopping on her, Not quite clicking anything yet. It had been a while since he had accepted a friend request, and even then, had very few. The boy recalled his own list. The commandants are on there, Shaya, and.... Clarence? That was it. Seven people on his list, no more. Whereas Zelrius knew people who had hundreds and even then considered it small compared to others. "Hanging out," The boy said, his frown continuing. Clearly he wasn't pleased with the phrase but expected nothing less from her. "Very well, How about the Fields of High Crossing?" That would be his final test for her.

[[ Getting bored? xD ]]

Starrine turned to him with expectant eyes, expecting him to accept it. When he seemed to think about it, he seemed a bit hesitant. She frowned, wondering if she'd said something wrong. It sure seemed like it. He didn't seem to like the words 'hanging out,' either. "Ah.. Uh, meeting up?" She suggested with a tilt of her head, smiling slightly. Starrine paused as he suggested the place, surprise flashing across her face. Did he, like, have the power to read minds or something? Maybe he did have some kind of future-seeing skill. She eyed him suspiciously, going along with her own little mental joke. Oh, right.

"Sounds good to me," she agreed with a smile, though she had some doubts; he was a high leveled player, so he must've known that mostly dating players went there, right? Knowing that and still choosing the spot, he must've either not cared, or had some other reason for it. Clearing her throat once more, she turned back to the path, keeping his face in the corner of her eye as she slid her arm back underneath his. "Care to lead the way, Prince Zelrius?"

(Slighty, Sorry, I don't normally do Casual RPs. >.< That and you seem to be busy with other RPs.)

He facial expression remained unchanged even after the word meeting up. It was clear that the Golden haired boy wasn't pleased with either, but dared not to say anything about it. Sighing the boy kept his eyes on her and reluctantly clicked the accept button. "Look at that. We're friends now." The word friends coming out with a bit of "sass" as he said, obviously not a fan of that word either. When she agreed to go to the field, Zelrius arced one of his brows. He was in minor disbelief and had to ask again. "That was easy. Have you ever been to the High Fields?" He was questioning, unsure whether or not she knew people took others there fore.

However, his thoughts left as they relinked arms, his heart fluttering a bit before shaking it off and continuing down the path, only taking a turn then where they had originally been going. "As you wish, Princess Starrine," At this point, the rolling of the R's was a habit, though good or bad, The golden haired boy had no idea. "Is it everyday you lock arms with a stranger and go for a walk to a location?" He asked, now more curious with her seemingly easy going attitude toward him.

[[ I see. uvu I don't mind having a lot of other RPs, haha; it just might take me a bit longer to respond sometimes. Anyways, just let me know when you want to end it! ]]

Starrine's smile returned when he tapped the accept button, and she shifted happily, "Yup, friends," she repeated with the same emphasis, giggling a bit. As he asked her again, she glanced at him. Had he expected her to reject? "..I haven't been there before, but I have heard it has become a popular dating spot, yes." The black-haired girl said with a nod, and shrugged. "I assumed you had good intentions asking to bring me there; plus I've actually been wanting to go see it, myself," she continued on, going back to twirling a strand of hair in her free hand.

She laughed a bit as he rolled his R's again, finding it rather amusing; it didn't seem to bother her, even if it might others. Starrine lifted her sparkling amber gaze to him as he began speaking again, and grinned a bit. "It might not look like it, but I have a very good idea about people based on first impressions; I think you're a good guy, so I'm trusting you to take care of this arm," Starrine said with a little grin, patting her linked arm as they continued to walk. It was more or less true; she did think Zelrius was a good guy, even if he seemed to have distaste about interacting with.. well, lower levels. So, she decided to put her trust in him.

(Will do, I am going to use this post to show off since I don't know what else to write :P)

His grin widened at her responses. "To be honest, I had no real intentions in bringing you there. I just wanted to see if you'd be willing to go." He said, looking at the canopy of leaves and foliage the forest around them created. "Maybe I will take you there another day." He was reminded of the day he had met Shaya, and how she wanted to see the Cathedral of Floor Eleven. Eventually she ran into Zelrius whilst both were on the floor, and in a slight of boredom, decided to take a nice walk up to the Cathedral to check it out for themselves. When she said she thought he was a good guy, Zelrius laughed pretty hard, this time responding out lout then thinking in his own mind. "You think I, Zelrius, am a good guy? Everyone thinks that when they first meet me. Only a few have kept that opinion throughout. Don't get me wrong: I wish to stay a good person in your image, but sometimes we don't always get what we want." Even while saying this Zelrius thought to himself Except up until now, I've always gotten my way in this game.

For a moment the Golden haired boy's smirk died down and he went into a trance. Those thoughts were proven true with many memories. He had been the first to beat the Minotaurs for the Hoya. He had gotten the Twinfire Sword from the Twinfire Phoenix fight of Floor Nine. Zelrius had gone orange, enjoyed the time, taken redemption and was now green again. He was one of the highest levels around and still (Questionably) the strongest player in Aincrad. He was the Champion of the Clash of Blades Tournament. And he had gotten the Hydra Helmet from the Hydra boss battle. His col count was miles above anyone else, and his life was, for the most part, relatively safe, the only danger had come when he fought Himself in the Gemini quest. "I will take care of your arm, Dear Lady," He spoke out, snapping back to reality.

Edited by Zelrius

Starrine stumbled as he said he had no real intention of bringing her there. She lifted her brows in mock irritation, making a pfft noise as he continued to say that he wanted to see if she'd be willing to actually go. ".. Then, I'll wait to go there until you bring me," Starrine said stubbornly, though the edges of her lips remained curled upwards. She thought about taking the earning a living quest, and lifted her shoulders, glancing at him once more. "Maybe we can even have a picnic," she suggested with a small, pleased grin. She'd always wanted to become a cook, in real life, and in the game. Even if it was over simplified and rather boring in the game, she enjoyed producing results she could be proud of, and cooking for others seemed fun.

The raven haired girl looked slightly surprised as he began laughing, and lifted a luminescent, orange-yellow gaze to focus on his features. After he'd finished speaking, she focused on something in the distance, sunlight filtering through the above foliage, creating the uncomfortably warm temperature that was trapped beneath the forest's leaves. "Well.. I like getting what I want, so I hope you'll comply with the one wish that you stay friends with me," Starrine laughed, unsure of what to think. He seemed like a good enough person in her eyes, but she was absolutely sure she didn't know a single thing about him. Well, aside from his basic personality. Even then, she barely knew anything. As he promised to take care of her arm, she felt her heart twinge a bit, resisting the urge to giggle like a fool. "I'm glad. Don't let me down," Starrine spoke, chortling a bit as they continued to walk. Trying to keep up a conversation, she thought for a moment. "What's your favorite floor so far?" She asked after thinking for a few seconds, turning to regard him once more.

His own smile grew as she spoke. "Alright then, We can go for a picnic there if you so please," He stopped pulling at his unbuttoned collar due to the heat that the virtual sun was creating. "A few issues with that. While I'd enjoy it, Being in the direct sunlight does not sound like a fantastic thing at this time a day, but I'd be willing to brave it if you honestly want to go. Another wrong with that: I do not carry stored food or rations around in my inventory." The golden haired boy ran the free hand along his head, attempting to get cooler. That of course, didn't help at all, and was more or less a sub-conscious thing then anything. "I'd also like to say, that I also don't carry around Picnic blankets or anything of the sort," Zelrius thought back to his own inventory, Empty. It had nothing in it then the things he had equipped at all times, and the Hydra helm, which he put on during battle only. Other than that, Everything else was stored either at the inn on Floor Nine, or on his fellow Commandants of the Azure Brigade.

Zelrius stopped for a second, pulling off his black gloves and putting them in the now empty handkerchief pocket, Slightly shuddering in content. "Should have taken my gloves off ages ago. God that helped so much," The words spoken quietly to himself, now flexing his fingers as they felt a bit strange outside of the gloves, something that was not very common. "Alot of people like getting what they want, and as such, yes, Lady Starrine, I will stay your friend." Though there were more words he wanted to say, Zelrius decided it best not to speak them, and simply leave it at that. That is until certain events tell me otherwise. He thought to himself. "Favorite floor eh? Can't say I am particulary a fan of any of the Cells This prison of a game has to offer me, but the one that stands out the most is Floor Nine, The Volcanos and lava being a pretty bit of scenery." And the perfect place to avoid the eons of annoying and helpless people.

Starrine's eyes lit up as he agreed to go to a picnic, and she happily thought of what to make; of course, she was getting ahead of herself, considering she didn't even have her profession yet. For some reason, she really looked forward to the thought, though. She laughed as he continued on to speak, saying he didn't enjoy staying in direct sunlight. "Well, we could wait until evening, when it's cooler, if that's more to your liking," Starrine suggested, pausing as he continued to speak. "Well, I was thinking about taking up a profession as a cook later, so I'd have that covered!" Taking a picnic in a play she'd never been before, with a stranger she'd only known for an hour or two at the most, wouldn't have even been a second thought to Starrine before stepping foot in this game. Of course, after entering the death game and sticking around for awhile [not willingly, of course] she'd become too trusting for her own good. Then again, she'd never come across a PKer before. That probably would've changed her mind about trusting others. "Picnic blanket? I might be able to come up with something," she giggled.

Stopping as her partner did the same, she watched him pull his gloves off and sigh in a content way. Starrine peered at her own gloves, and deciding that she was cool enough, shrugged and continued walking. As Zelrius agreed to staying her friend, she smiled a bit, and suddenly thinking of funny, she opened her mouth to speak again, "Just don't fall in love with me," she joked in a teasing voice, telling herself the same thing, for some odd reason. Listening as he stated his 'favorite' floor, she nodded. "Never been up there before.. I would love to see it some day. It sounds pretty cool," Starrine said with a grin, flashing her gaze over at him for only a moment, practically glazing over anything she'd just said. "I guess from the floors I've seen so far, my favorite floor is the opposite of your's: I like floor four. I really like snow," she said with a glimmer in her eyes; it was true. She had a strange, hidden [not really] love for snow. Plus the floor was somewhat quite, and especially pretty at night time. "Theres a really pretty lake there," Starrine said, and then stopped suddenly, as if remembering something embarrassing, and stopped speaking, shaking her head. "Uh.. I'm sure you probably knew that though, huh?" She said suddenly, pushing away the thought that had previously bothered her.

"Unless you terribly want to go to the picnic right now, I'd much prefer to go when it is evening, and yes, not nearly as hot." The boy laughed, it was rather ironic he was complaining about the tempature of a forest on the Second Floor, given he had spent many days in the rolling sands of the Fifth floor, and even more days in the Ninth Floor's Searing hot dungeons and caverns. Zelrius recalled the fight with the Phoenix, many people's performance dropped withing a few moments of the fight beginning due to dehydration and the heat slowing their movements. However, on the flip side, Zelrius also remembered his fight with Frosty and The Fourth floor boss, ( OOC: Whom's name I cannot recall, Since it's been almost 2 years irl since that fight) where there was a similar effect, just many people grew stiff and weary as the fight went on. Of course, these tempatures were nothing compared to that, yet, it was certainly hotter, and Zelrius became aware of just how close the two were and slightly tensed up, no uncomfortably, just embarrassed a bit. The golden haired frontliner thought outloud, unintentionally "Only girl who was any closer was Nikki, and that was because she was beating my face in." 

Zelrius patted his gloves in his pocket to check if they were there then used his hand to instinctively fix the bowtie, of course, to no end given that it was undone and just loosely hanging around the back of his neck. He laughed, nervously, hoping she wouldn't notice and continued on. "It is a nice scenery, don't get me wrong, But for a floor that always reaches above par heat, it is not a nice place to hang out." That and the little pits of lava one could get their foot stuck into and potentially lose all their hp from aren't very fun either. The thoughts not wanting to be spoken out loud, trying not to scare her off with thoughts of death in the game.

[[ Sorry for late response, been busy w/ school registration and such! o; ]]

"Haah? We're talking about going on a picnic on High Fields someday, right?" Starrine asked, lifting her brows as she asked; they obviously weren't on the same page anymore.  She didn't have the food required to go on a picnic yet, and even though she could buy some with her minuscule amount of col, it probably wouldn't be anything good. She looked a bit confused, but it faded off quickly as she once more dwelled on her thoughts; it was, indeed, quite hot, but from the ninth floor he described, she wondered if he wasn't used to the heat there, either. Of course, Starrine wanted to see every floor and look at the place where Zelrius spent time on, but if this amount of sunlight was stifling, she wondered how bad a level with volcanoes would be. She glanced up with a small, resting frown, listening as he spoke once more, seeming to think out loud, considering he hadn't made much sense. Ahh, wait, was he uncomfortable with how close they were? She blushed a little in embarrassment, but quickly dismissed the thought, since he was the one who offered his arm in the first place.

Rearranging the necklace wrapped around her neck, the raven haired girl exhaled, taking note of his nervous chuckle. Starrine became a bit self conscious, wondering if she was doing something to make him nervous. Then, he spoke again, interrupting her thoughts once more. "Ahh, I see. I'd still like to see it someday.. Though I'm curious, why would you chose a floor like that to live on?" The girl asked with a giggle, peering at him strangely. Well, he seemed to be okay now, so she pushed off her earlier thoughts, and turned her attention back to the conversation at hand.

(It's good. No rush.)

He laughed and then sighed. "Yes, Someday I suppose indeed. Now to figure what to do today. I could go back up the mountain or walk around treasure hunting, but those tasks are so mundane, that I'd rather not." The boy used his free hand to idly adjust the golden sheath on his right hip, pushing it up, then loosening back it back down, then tightening it up again, just out of boredom. "Anyhow, Floor Four, huh? I've only been a few times, But I am not a fan of the cold. Well you would be correct that I did know of the lake, I've never personally been on it. That's because The times I was there, I was twice preparing for a boss fight, The third time I went with a friend to search for Rumors. And the Fourth I went to search for a missing person." Zelrius cut off the conversation there, thinking about how Kiru begged him to help her go find Keith, who was missing to this day.

He laughed again at her comment "Of course You'd like to see it someday!" How many people had said that then regretted it when they got up there? Too damn many. "You're free to teleport up there anytime you like. Just know, unless you have Anti-burn potions, I would get a bit more geared there, Princess." Now she wanted to know why he chose the floor the live on, an Answer he gave almost instantly. "I like Floor Nine for the same reason I hate Floor Four. Floor Four is full of people, Mostly low levels trying to live some weird fantasy or something, wasting air and inn space. Whereas Floor nine, I personally don't know of anyone else who resides there on a regular basis. Though I am sure there are some people, Phoenix for the most part is empty of players, just NPCs."

• 2 months later...