[PP-F2] Smashing <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Hirru and Golden) (COMPLETE)

Don't you just love jumping in to save NPCs from little tree men?  I do.  Those little creatures are pretty bloody fun to fight... Not the BIG guys, no, they're pains in the ass.  The little guys, about the size of a primary school kid.  You know what I'm talking about now.

I watched as the young NPC - wearing what looked like a tailor's uniform - for the <<Martial Arts>> quest was getting his lights knocked around by a pair of long, thin, stick arms.  Those AIs had a habit of getting themselves in some real 'stick'y situations.  I sighed loudly as I tore Severance from her sheathe, the fine metal crying melodically against the thick leather casing.  The Ent seemed to notice me, as its tiny, emissive, golden eyes shot a piercing glance in my direction.

Notice me it did.  It left its useless prey and rushed towards me, bouncing along like a penguin with rubber balls on its feet.  Easy prey, were the first words that travelled through my mind, but as I carelessly swung at the wooden child, it ducked and swung a large, club-like fist at my gut.  To be honest, it didn't feel much more than a punch from a young boy, but it still managed to take away some health...

Health that appeared as quickly as it left, as my <<Battle Healing>> already began its rounds.  I gave a cynical smirk as I lifted Severance overhead, the cloudy sky reflecting off of her blade.

(Staying at level 6 for the thread, due to the ongoing level problem)

---

ID: 27230

BD: 2 = Fail

MD: 8 = Success (1 DMG)

CD: 10 = HP +1

Grave: 15/15 HP

Baby Ent: 8/8 HP

Edited by Grave

((I don't see why.  There isn't a real problem, unless you've been here a while.  Besides it's a rock, unless you wanna make it an enemy, but that's kinda weird))

Hirru found himself looking at the weirdest sight.  Not the NPC getting attacked by a monster, that was getting to be a normal site actually.  The actually weird part was a player that had started a fight with it.  Again, this isn't a weird thing, and shouldn't really surprise him.  It was the fact that this was the first thing that he truly found interesting on this floor other than the landscape.  Other than that, this place was rather.. dull.  Hirru was on his way to continue to the 2nd floor dungeon when he found this scene.

Stopping to watch, the player had missed his mark and was hit by the creature called, Baby Ent.  Hirru stood there and spoke up,

"You need any help there?"

((Also, image for lulz))

efd.gif

[Grave, use your new level.]

Golden had been walking around on floor 2. He didn't like wandering around too far away from his shop, also his home since he didn't want to have the inability to come back home after spending too long out there. Golden sighed before looking around. It's been quite a while. Golden thought. Since I've been on this floor. As he started walking around the forest dense floor full of different shades of green, making the place quite calm and mysterious. He looked up to see that the weather was just as nice as previous days. It's been quite a while since the last rain day. Golden thought. Kyaba really did a good job making the game realistic. He thought, letting his mind wonder off on his deep, intellect, and mindful thoughts. 

However, as he was thinking about his life in this world of SAO, he heard combat sounds... and this resulted him to turn in that direction. Hm? Golden thought to find a mob that he's never seen before fighting a person he's never seen before. Golden looked at the health of the mob to see that it was called a baby ent. A baby? Golden thought... surprised that someone would be fighting something as weak as that. With a whip of his majestic hair and a chuckle, he sat down on the grass to enjoy the fight between a weak player and a weak mob. It's been quite a while since a low-leveled player has come into my view. He thought as the player managed to miss his target, resulting in Golden to sigh. This might be amusing...

(*sigh* Fine XD The reason I was worried about level balance is because of one of my plans for 'Ol Rocky)

Well, usually when someone asked to help out, I would usually accept, but at the level I was, the baby wasn't going to do much.  I bet he thought I was picking on it just because it was a weaker mob, not because I wanted the NPC.  The latter was the correct one.

"I think I'll be good," I called over my shoulder, "If I start dying, you could jump in, but that hopefully shouldn't happen," I threw the player a smirk, before a second player joined the fray.  Well, I have an audience now.  Better not let 'em down, I told myself.

I realised my blade was still raised, and I was amazed that the child hadn't attacked yet... But that changed as soon as I spun around.  A round, wooden fist caught me in the ribs as I brought my weapon down, slicing through the baby's unused arm.  We stood there, still in our positions, the Ent's fist still in my side, my blade now by its leg.

<<Battle Healing>> activated, and I felt the area that received the baby punch heal somewhat.  I gave a sly grin to the little guy.

"You're screwed now,"

---

ID: 27258

BD: 6 = Success (2 DMG)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (2 DMG)

CD: 12 = HP +1

Grave: 22/23 HP

Baby Ent; 6/8 HP

Hirru had to shrug to the warrior that didn't need his help.  He walked away from them a bit before seeing another person.  This one actually seemed like a stronger person, if it wasn't for the fact that Hirru didn't really know this person, he would have stayed clear of him.  Then again, his curious nature got the better of him as his walk leaned towards the stranger.  It wasn't until he was pretty close that Hirru would say anything.  Looking from the fight and back, Hirru grinned,

"I guess this is a show now?"

"A show? It could barely be called that." Golden said with a serious face. This is really just a comical fight between weak people. Golden thought with a swipe of his black hair. He stood up. Now that I'm discovered... I might as well... He thought before looking toward the on going fight. 6 health... that's a one hit for me. He thought before charging toward the mob, quite frustrated at the fact that the player wasn't able to deal much damage to the baby elm. Eh... judging from my luck. I'll probably miss the attack. With a backspin into the air, he brought down his blade toward the baby elm. 

ID: 27314
BD: 10 (9 DMG)

"Sorry to end it so quick.Golden said as he inserted his blade into the head of the baby elm following his backspin. After killing the baby elm, he landed perfectly despite his heavy armor and stayed there for the moment. That was waaay too dramatic for my liking. Golden thought as he closed his eyes before inserting is rapier into his inventory and preparing to walk away to do something productive.

(DAMNIT Golden xD)

I was left with my jaw open as I watched one of the players skewer my prey.  I mean, seriously?  I might have been able to get loot from it!  Or maybe not, either way.  I cleared my throat and swung Severance out wide before pulling her back, the blade scraping nicely into the sheath.  I began to approach the player, but he seemed he was already wanting to go.

I shrugged it off and set my sights on the   other player.  I strolled up to him and looked down at him - yep, still towering above people.  I offered a hand to the boy with a warm smile.

"Sorry I kinda ignored you there.  Wanted to slay that thing, but someone didn't want that happening," I told him, pointing my thumb as the kill-stealer, "The name's Grave.  Nice to meet you,"

(And as revenge, Grave will ignore you)

(I swear if this rock turns into a golem...)

Hirru sighed deeply when the other warrior got up and killed the creature in such a flourish, you would think that this guy was either a high level player, or just some weirdo that loved doing flips and such.  Then, as if all of that wasn't any of his business, the victor simply walked away towards better things.  If it wasn't for the fact that Hirru was about to do the same thing, minus the interference, he would have kept going too.  He was, unfortunately caught by tall individual that had his quarry stolen.  After introducing himself as Grave, Hirru gave his own as he had to look up to look at his face.

"Likewise, I'm Hirru.  What was that all about?  Do you know that guy?"

Golden walked away, not bothering with the two. He knew that there was a fairly good dungeon nearby that he could adventure once again to get some leveling up done instead of wasting even more time than he's wasted currently. With a sigh, he made a turn, to see that the opening of the dungeon was... blocked by a rock?! No, a rock would be such a bad word for it that it doesn't make much sense. It was, indeed, a gigantic boulder blocking the entrance of the main dungeon on floor two. When did this get here? Golden thought in confusion. Perhaps 'tis a quest? Golden thought to look around before touching the boulder with his hands. 

<<Breaking the Unbreakable>> was what the pop-up box had on. Golden's eyes grew smaller as he read the mission description. So... weapons won't help any. Golden thought, well... why not give it a try. Golden thought before pouncing on the gigantic boulder. G0lden jumped into the air with his rapier high above his head before landing on the outside of the boulder and bringing his rapier down with a scream only for the impact to completely throw him off into the ground. Darn it. Golden thought... I shouldn't of accepted this quest. He thought before remembering the two players that he'd just recently met... maybe they knew something about the quest but he truly doubt it since they were only new. Worth a try. He thought before heading back toward that direction and once he'd done so, he informed the two players of the events and quest information that he'd just seen/experienced.

Edited by Golden

"Ah, well, no," I told the boy known as Hirru, scratching the back of my head, "He seemed to have just wanted to steal my kill," I complained.  I was expecting the other player to have just left me, but that wasn't the case.  Hearing the sound of metal clanking against rock, I spun my gaze to see that same player recoil from a giant boulder after seemingly hitting it.  After getting up, he approached us and began explaining the terms of the quest that the rock gave.

"Usually quests are given by NPCs, so this is new.  I'm in to check it out," I answered, beginning to walk towards the giant boulder, "But what I'd like to know is what the rew-" I began to ask, but when I hovered my hand over the rock, the tab came up, displaying the name of the quest, <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, and the reward, the <<Martial Arts>> special skill.  I was dumbstruck.  I heard about this quest on floor one, from a higher levelled player who offered to help me out with it.  I spun on my heel and looked to the others.

"Well, shall we give it a shot?" I asked.

Hirru looked between the two men as they inspected the boulder that kept them from getting into the 2nd floor dungeon.  From what they were saying, it could not be damaged by weapons, which made plenty of sense to him.  Most of the objects around were either <<Immortal Objects>>, denoted by a purple polygon.  There were some, like trees, that could only be affected by certain tools, or specialized weapons.

As Grave spoke, Hirru was testing the boulder with his sword.  Poking and prodding it with the pointy end.  Each time, a spark would appear at the collision mark, but nothing else.  He would then poke the dungeon around it.  This time, the <<Immortal Object>> sign appeared.  Putting his sword away, he heard Grave mention giving it a shot.  Give what a shot?,' he thought as he struck his hands on both the boulder and the dungeon surface.  Again, the <<Immortal Object>> appeared before the dungeon's surface, but something else happened with the boulder.  <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> appeared on a pop up notification with some details about the quest.

"I'm all for it, but it seems like we can't use our weapons to break it, and I don't think any tools will work either."

Hirru thought for a second before walking past the two of them.  He turned around and punched his open palm.

"That only means that we gotta tackle it like you would a Grizzly!"

[ID: 27476][LD: 16] +1 Mat 

He grinned before he had ran forward to tackle the boulder.  His shoulder connected with the rock, which caused a shard of it to crack off.  Hirru collected the fragment.

"That was easy.."

Edited by Hirru

Golden watched as Hirru tackled the boulder and when collision occurred, Golden's eyes closed with a smirk as a flow of wind blew through his hair. Looked like that hurt. Golden thought. I'm here for the materials... Martial arts seem quite useless to me in this game. Golden thought before stepping up with his hands empty, prepared to charge on the boulder with full force and hopefully do what Hirru managed to do. "I'm next.Golden said before running toward the boulder.

ID: 27498
LD: 20+1=21 (+1 MAT)

Golden made contact with the gigantic boulder and a big chunk of it burst in front of his own eyes. Golden rolled out of the way from pieces of the rock to ensure that he doesn't make contact with the sharp shards of rocks. Golden sighed before looking up to see that he'd dealt a massive amount of destruction to the rock and not only that, he made quite a great crack in the right side of the rock. If they are smart... they should attack the weakened area. Golden thought before retreating, allowing another player a go on the boulder.

I stated on as one... No, TWO of the players charged the rock and literally body slammed the thing.  I looked over myself.  I really didn't have the right body type to make that kind of collision. I was more for speed, which meant...

I spun and went for the forest, not telling the others where I had gone.  I jogged past the trees, looking around.  Come on, come out, come out wherever you are, I cooed in my head.  I kept turning my head; left, right, left, right.  However, I completely forgot to look forward.  I felt my foot kick something soft and bulky, and when I looked down...

-----

I ran at full speed from the treeline, the other two players staring blankly at me as a huge, hulking Bear chased my ass.  My face would have had to have been red with the amount I was pushing myself.  I yelled at them, "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" and I continued to run, straight at the rock, the Bear right at my heels.  When I got within twenty meters of the rock, I swiftly unsheathed Severance and held her out to my right, vertically to the ground.

Before I could collide with the boulder, I planted the falchion into the earth, and my momentum swung me right around and out of the way.  Behind me, the Bear completely missed the boulder, slamming into the dungeon wall, causing the <<Immortal Object>> sign to pop up, and I frowned.  I slid on the grass for a moment before picking myself up and looking to the Bear, who was then running off, whimpering.

I bent over, hands on my knees, "Note... To self... No more... Bear baiting..."

---

ID: 27555

LD: 13

Edited by Grave

Hirru watched as Grave disappeared from view only to come back later with a bear.  Seeing him try to do something like bait the bear into breaking the rock made him laugh.

"Grave, I said 'tackle it like you would a Grizzly!', not 'have a Grizzly tackle it for you!'."

The green haired Davy Crockett then pointed toward the rock as if it was of utmost importance, which it was.  He had to keep going on the regular path instead of relying on the teleportation hubs to get to places. 

"Now stop being a Master Baiter and punch the bloody rock!"

Hirru prepared himself as he focused his energy into his entire being, letting nature be his guide.  The wind blew past him as the bear walked past, still whimpering.  He ran forward and tackled the rock, but nothing came of it.

[ID: 27588]
[LD: 7]

Edited by Hirru

Golden allowed his hair to swish as he smirked a light smirk when Grave managed to get a bear on his heels. Smart. He thought. Could work ya know. He decided but seeing that the bear ran off, he could probably not use it for the time being until it comes back... if it comes back. He really doubt that it would come back having been hit by the dungeon wall with such amazing force and speed. Golden sighed before walking up to face the gigantic boulder. The middle part. He thought. 'Tis what I need to hit with intensity. Before preparing his hands and beginning to charge toward the object.

ID: 27617
LD: 19+1=20 (+1 MAT)

Golden's eyes gleamed in determination and satisfaction as he managed to strike the rock right in the middle. He could feel pain in his arm and shoulder where he had made contact with the rock but he could see that with that attack and risk, he'd managed to deal quite a bit of damage to this rock. As Golden jumped down with a gracious leap and landing perfectly, he turned back to the rest of the party before saying, "Aim for the middle where the crack is." Indeed, with that attack, Golden had managed to widen the crack on the boulder even more. 

Edited by Golden

I chuckled out loud as Hirru noted my ironic antics, "Right, right, just be happy I didn't 'tackle the grizzly' instead of the other two, okay?" I told him.  I laughed even harder when his second tackle attempt failed.  However, I was soon shut up by the other player - whose name I had yet to know - stroking the crack in the boulder.  I swiftly followed suit, and...

I tugged on the hilt of Severance.  She didn't budge.  I tried harder.  Still no movement.  I even placed a foot to the rock and pulled, but she still didn't come out.  I actually got the goddamn thing stuck.  All that happened was a small shard of rock falling out and turning into an item in my inventory.  I turned to the other player, "You were saying?"

(I'd love it if Severance could stay stuck in the rock until my next post, as I have something tricky planned)

---

ID: 27362

LD: 19 = +1 Unbreakable Shard (Mat)

Edited by Grave

The young monster hunter watched his two compatriots and couldn't help but think that he should probably find a better way of breaking this rock.  His thoughts would wonder every so often, mostly towards the bear and how he could be wrestling it to the ground, but that would have to come at a later time.  Maybe actually doing what the one golden one was saying and hit the cracked portions, but where was the fun in that.  Especially when you have a grizzly to wrestle!

Hirru shook the thoughts from his head as he prepared himself.  He would try to hit the crack, but when he rushed forward, he only hit solid rock.  It hurt a bit, but not any harder than actually punching a rock.  Oh wait..

[ID: 27668]
[LD = 4]

Edited by Hirru

ID: 27672
LD: 2+1=3

Golden smiled, thinking that breaking this rock would do well with his cooking career considering the fact that it had already given him two materials to use for cooking. Golden saw that it's his turn and he prepared to charge at the boulder, hoping that he could have even more success this attack as well. He had his rapier in tucked away safely in his inventory. Golden charged with his eyes wide, prepared to endure the pain. However, as he felt the pain, he could not see the boulder breaking at all. Golden jumped back and grasped his arm, seeing that he'd made no progress what so however. He looked back, telling the two others to continue damaging the boulder.

MAT: 2

(Okay, until my next post XD)

Well, if they're using their bodies, I thought, maybe I should too.  I watched both players failed their attack attempts, and I scoffed.  I bet I could have done better than them.

I took a long stance by the rock, my hand flat and my fingers close together. I swung overhead and slammed my hand into the crevasse and... I got it stuck.  My hand was clamped between the two giant chunks of rock.  I kept tugging at it, but like the sword below it, it just didn't come out.  I looked to the others with a nervous glance.

---

LD: 4 = NO LOOT

((What are you planning?))

Hirru couldn't think of what to think about the new situation.  He has seen plenty of weird things lately.  Creatures creating traps; dungeons changing their layout; a rock that could only be broken by using physical contact.  Now, a person that was stuck in the crack that has formed from them bashing the boulder as much as they could.  Not only that, but Hirru was having none of it, pretty much making the entire situation pointless to him.

Hirru walked over to Grave and grabbed one side of the crack while trying to pull.  Nothing would budge.

"Could use some help on the other side..."

[ID: 27747]
[LD: 3]

Edited by Hirru