[PP-F1: Calrex] Thoughts of Family [Complete]

Perhaps it was because he was a police officer that he understood the grey lines of self-defense and murdering someone in cold blood. He knew those types and he’d do everything in his power to put them behind bars. The subject seemed to be a dry one leaving a bitter note in the air, but the subject was quickly relayed with a new object of the guilds, the prior and later question he had for the young Veteran. Scratching his chin, he weighed his options, so he was just a solo player? You’d have to have some balls of steel to be a solo player and go out in the fields alone. He just couldn’t do something like that, not with family on the line. At least with a party or a group of people…there just seemed like more safety. SWAT teams were always together, watching each other’s back, knowing when to take point, knowing when to go…and nothing was speculated. Old habits were hard to drop, though he respected his decision.

“I seem to be lacking in both departments. Friends and those to watch my back, but it’s just a matter of time. I secluded myself for a while not knowing what my destiny was going to be like here. I actually felt sorry for myself that I couldn’t leave the confines of the safe zone. When you found me in the fields, it wasn’t like I was trying to commit suicide, but I had to do something. Standing around and watching those who had the heart to continue. I had that in my heart, I wanted to help. I just didn’t know how to start doing it.”

He stepped to Calrex and placed a hand on his shoulder, “I am nothing compared to a vet like you, but I wanted you to know. I will survive and I will survive because of what information you have shared with me today. With any luck, we can finish this game together and survive. We owe it to ourselves and our loved ones, and the ones who have lost the battle. I hope to never see a day when an ally falls, and I will do all I can from this point on to make sure no one is left behind. Mighty tall words from a newbie, right? I think I can handle the pressure.”

He removed his hand from his shoulder and gestured to Calrex, “By chance are you seeing anyone? My daughter could use a good man such as you in her life. “  he slapped him on the back in a joking manner, “Where to next, Cal?” 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calrex gave a friendly smile as Lindow expressed his resolve to survive and keep others from dying as well, "Heh, well it's a tall order coming from anyone, but as long as we all give it our best, I have a feeling that everything's gonna work out all right."

However, he was caught off guard for a second when the older man asked if he was seeing anyone, jokingly sounding like he was setting him up with his daughter. Calrex could help but give a small laugh, "Well, actually I am actually seeing someone who's also trapped here in SAO. She's actually one of the high level artisans within the game at the moment. I'll definitely need to introduce you to her at some point."

When Lindow inquired about what to do next Calrex gave a nod, "Well, I thought it might be a good idea to pay a quick visit to the Monument of Life next."

Leading the two of them once again he moved through the winding passageways of the city, eventually leading to the base of a tall flight of stairs. Upon reaching the top there was a large slab of stone in front of them at the edge of an overlook, "This here is the monument. Upon it is written all of the names of the players within the game. However."

He directed with his finger over to a few names that had lines through them, "These mark players that have been eliminated. So far only one person I have met here has been eliminated so far. Hopefully I can keep more of the same from happening."

Lindow was happy about the fact that Calrex had found a companion in this game, something like that must be precious. The hunt for a suitable suitor for his daughter was still on, at least he could help somewhat by finding a decent fellow. He stroked his with his right hand, the faded color of black and grey weaved in his beard as he followed Calrex to something of a monument. It was not something he had heard of before. He followed suit behind the veteran player, Lindow was pondering what this monument was for, but he would soon learn the detail of it all as they walked through the winding city. His eyes stayed forward and he walked casually among the rest of the denizens as they ended up towards a staircase Like a trooper, they both made their way upwards before reaching a lone monument. Stepping before the stone, Calrex had explained what it was and the names of the crossed out.

"This is a..." Lindow dropped to his knees examining the monument, there was a sadness in his eyes. Sure, you'd expect the game to be filled with many players, but there was more than just many. He shook his head, "All of them like us, lost in this world and then the few who were not so lucky. God rest their souls." he crossed his body with a short prayer and stood up, "Excuse me. I am not a religious man of any kind, but they all deserve prayers. I have ended people's lives before...Young kids such as yourself when they were mislead into the darkness of life. But I always hold a prayer for those who fall, the heroes, the less fortunate, those who fell from God's Grace. They were mislead...if only they were given a chance to repent. But...when that door goes down, and you are in a raid. You have the man behind you to protect as well as the safety of those around you. Sometimes...you have no choice but to fire first..." he stood up, those were memories he thought had perished in the back of his mind, he stumbled slightly catching himself from falling over. There was a solemn look in his eyes as he looked at the monument, there was a nightmare that started with his name being crossed out from that monument. He blinked and refocused, his stoic expression once more taking effect.

"I am sorry for your loss, Calrex." Lindow was unable to withdraw any more words for the moment.  

Calrex gave a solemn nod as Lindow took in the sight of the monument, "I tend to bring new players here as a reminder of our situation. A lot of people think that this game is like any other MMO, just with the idea of death a little more real. Showing them this sight seems to snap them back to reality a little bit. Whenever I go into the field or combat I try my best to have a game plan in mind and not go rushing in blind. That way I keep my chances of survival high."

When his fellow player expressed his concern for Zelrius Calrex gave a dismissing, yet friendly wave, "Oh no, it's alright. To be honest I'm more concerned as to how he died, rather than just his death. He seemed to have a very strong personality and seemed very steadfast in his beliefs. It's good, but from what I've seen that can also lead to some abrasiveness with others, so I can't put past the fact that he was possibly killed by another player. In any case what's done is done. I'll keep investigating when I can, but the safety of those still alive come first."

"Choice to fire first?...man behind you to protect. It sounds like Lindow has seen actual combat before entering SAO."

"Lindow, if you don't mind me asking, what was life like for you before being trapped in this game? Going from what I've hear it sounds like you've seen violence on a frequent basis. Were you in law enforcement or military?"

Edited by Calrex

"Killed?" Lindow questioned, rubbing his chin, much like a detective would possibly do when trying to decode an answer in his own case. The subject of the matter was quite real and Lindow had starred down the barrel of this kind of gun before. He could imagine how sick people are especially now, there was still that thrill and excitement for taking life the psychos were known to have. No motivation, no plan...it was just kill and have fun. It was a sickening idea, it made his stomach churn. Lindow looked back up, his eyes on the monument as he was asked a rather personal question from his mentor, it was only fair to answer the question after he riddled Clrex with some earlier.

"If I had the choice, I would have gone military but at that point and time my wife was already with child. I have served the SFPD for five years and another ten as a Squad Captain of SWAT, then shortly after becoming Deputy Chief of Special Operations, so fifteen years on the Force. Before that I did some standard Security Guard work before becoming a full fledged officer. But with the many years under my belt as DP...I have seen so many undesirable things, the scourge of humanity. I have seen my fair share of things, and I have seen good men and women die. I have also had a few close calls myself, getting shot twice in the shoulder. You always expect to be shot at when things get dicey, but what happens when you finally do..." Lindow rubbed his shoulder, "The scars will always remain." 

He cleared his throat and took a step back from the monument, "I hope you have some place a bit more uplifting planned next. These trips down memory lane can make an old man feel uncomfortable, Cal," it was meant as a joke, but Lindow forgot to release the otherwise serious look on his face when he said it.   

Calrex gave a nod as Lindow spoke about his time working as a member of his police department before becoming trapped within SAO, "Fifteen years? That's an impressive amount of time."

Hearing the older player speak about their next destination Calrex gave a smirk and a nod. He had a feeling that Lindow didn't mean it in a serious manner, although his face seemed to give that impression, "Sure thing, this is the only solemn stop on our trip. After this there's really only one notable stop, which is the teleportation plaza. Once you get strong enough and decide to start venturing to the other floors, the plazas will be your only way of doing so."

Leading the two back down the steps he weaved through the streets once again. This time they descended a flight of stairs before emerging in a plaza in the corner of the city. At it's center was a hovering vertical ring that seemed to slowly rotate in a clockwise direction, with patterned tiles that seemed to emanate from the circle's stand, "This here is the teleportation circle. Once you're standing within a decent vicinity of it you're menu should be able to access it's teleport section. From there you select the respective floor you wish to travel to and you'll be there instantly."

Lindow followed his young Mentor as directed to this Teleportation Plaza, he remembered seeing this when first logging into the game but since he was now stuck, there didn't seem to be any other reason to visit it. As they descended the stairs from which they came, the streets of Aincrad had become lively once more. The bounding motions of people going here and there were nothing short of breaks as Lindow moved through the crowd with Calrex. After a short distance to the teleportation plaza, they had finally arrived to a decorated slab platform. Lindow leaned on one foot and folded his arms into his chest as he examined the circling ring and listened to the explanation of how to work it. As Calrex explained, he was opening up his menu and a Floor icon had been activated. It had listed the available floors up until now which could be accessed thanks to the brave men and women in the front lines. 

"Understood. Now I know where to go to access the next set of floor. Good news there is no more steps, I don't think this rickety body could take it," he joked inwardly, his actual body was pretty sturdy in the real world, he had a decent work out regiment and was a fit and healthy person. But being stuck in this game now, he wondered what was happening to his body out there. He stroked his chin and felt the course hairs of his greying beard, more than likely he probably had a full and thick beard coming in that was down to his neck or longer. If his wife was there, she'd probably would keep him cleaned up. She loved the beard, but on occasion Lindow would find it necessary to shave it off. 

Placing a hand on the man's shoulder once more, Lindow nodded to his new Mentor, "Thank you, Cal. The world of knowledge you have bestowed upon has been priceless and I promise to repay the favor in kind when I help others. This tour you gave me shall be an opening tradition when I help others such as myself trying to find their way. Hopefully by then, I will be strong enough to hold my own." Lindow removed his hand from his shoulder, there was a bonding trust he could feel with him. And he wanted to help Calrex with his friend's mysterious death, although that might be a personal case for the youth. None the less, if called upon, Lindow would be there ready to help. 

Calrex gave a friendly smile and a nod as Lindow got himself acquainted with the final bits of his "tutorial," responding after the older man finished, "Going from what I've seen so far you should be perfectly fine. Once you get further along in level more and more finer nuances will begin to make more sense, but right now these are basically all of the things you'll need to safely adventure outside of the safe zones. If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me."

"Hm...since Lindow's a police officer, I wonder if he would be able to help with...well, that'll depend on if what Teayre suspected was actually true. I probably should avoid taking on anything too drastic or think too far ahead in that situation. Right now all I need to focus on is getting strong enough to assist in the front lines and keep everyone safe."

"Alright then, with this all done was there anything you wanted to do. I've still got a good amount of time before I need to get back to running errands. There's a couple of good taverns here, or if you even wanted to take on a few more monsters that's fine as well."

He gave a sharp head tilt to his Mentor as he was learning the basics fairly quickly thanks to his tutelage. He got a strong grasp of the basics which was something he sorely lacked in when he started. All in all it was a good day, he met a great, promising individual and learned most of the ins and outs of the games mechanics. He would study up on this further later in the evening right before his bedtime to go more in depth to these finer nuances as Cal had explained them to be. No doubt there was probably more depth to the skills than just pretty lights and shows of power. Calrex had mentioned perhaps hunting some monsters, and he disapproved of that suggestion. He would do his training someday, but swatting his big broad sword around like a baseball bat would probably be a bit on the boring side for Cal especially since the first floor mobs were so low compared to the veteran warrior, though he still wondered about his level. The other suggestion however picked his interest. 

Lindow gave a nod, "A tavern sounds like a good idea. All this walking...You can at least let me buy you a drink for everything you have done for me. I know it's not necessary, but you have to let old people do something every once in awhile so we know that we are still alive and kicking." Lindow reached for the sky with both hands before falling back to his sides, "I assume the taverns are back at the shopping district? More walking...Perhaps we can rent a few horses or something..."

The chances of that coming true were probably slim to none. Lindow smiled, gesturing Calrex to take lead once more. 

"Heh, yeah a good handful of them are nearby the merchant district. One that I've visited a decent amount of times is known as the Beginner's Tavern. It serves not only as a rest spot for players to have a drink and relax, but I've also seen it used as a gathering area for people looking to form parties for quests and such. There's even a nearby board a few paces outside of the establishment where you can set up requests and such. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is currently a riding mechanic in the game, so a horse is out of the question right now. However, it's possible we might discover more as more floors are unlocked."

As he continued to speak Calrex led Lindow back through the streets of the city, explaining more as he went along, "Oh, and don't worry about the drinks for now. Most of the taverns are run by NPCs, so they charge either an extremely insignificant amount or no col at all for drinks, since you don't gain any enhancements from them. In addition it's impossible to get drunk in the game, although I've heard some people have become buzzed."

After some time the two arrived in front of the humble tavern, made out of the same unfinished porcelain-like material of the Starting City's buildings. It was a single floor, but was extremely wide. Upon entering, the tavern was not in full swing just yet, since it was still during the day. Only the really hardcore drinkers and not busy players were there. Calrex ushered his fellow teammate over to a nearby small table before grabbing a seat, "However, if you feel obligated I'll take you up on the offer. What is it you usually drink outside of the game? I'm sure they have it, or at least some close replication of it."

Lindow nodded, the use of not having any sort of transportation other than your own legs was a mild irritation, it was only to be proven that walking was your best bet or running. As they headed out, Lindow followed Cal to the destination, he explained that drinks from NPCs were normally cheaper or had very little Col value to them as they didn't provide any significant buffs. That was good to know should he become thirsty in his travels, finding one of these taverns for some water or juice would sate his thirst. 

The elder player could only crack a small smile at becoming drunk in the game, perhaps it was because of his real life persona, Lindow had never actually got drunk in a day of his life as far as he knew. The occasional beer here and there on special holidays, or a glass of champagne at some event was probably all he really ever had but drinking for the sport of drinking, he left that to the frat boys or the guys at the station. Yeah, it might seem a bit 'safe' or boring, but Lindow respected his body too much to poison it with alcohol, but he did not judge others from drinking it as long as they were being responsible. 

Lindow took a seat at the table followed by his Mentor, "Well, I don't drink...drink," he started, "And I don't keep alcohol in the house either. We are pretty safe people when it comes to that, me and my wife. I know my daughter...has been tipsy a few times. She is a girl that likes to party too much rather than studying. She is a smart girl, but she could use some direction. It might be that she lashes out because I work in Law Enforcement, she likes to rebel and show people she is not some stuck up girl..." Lindow sighed, the thought of Jasmine, he missed her, his daughter. It was difficult to get through some days, the memories of his family back home. 

"I suppose I wouldn't mind a Ginger Ale? I'm not sure if they serve pop here, I would be fine with water or any sort of fruit juice as well. You are probably thinking I am really old by now, don't you? When you get to my age, you can't eat and drink what everyone else eats and drinks. But I am built like an ox, so I can't complain. But..." Lindow shifted his eyes and looked around, "I suppose I really can't get fat and drunk here as you say...I guess I can have a little fun and let lose. Just don't tell my wife...I'll never hear the end of it." 

Calrex shook his head as Lindow spoke on his position on drinking, "No, it's no problem at all! I usually don't drink much on my own either. I'm mainly using the inability to get drunk in SAO as a way of tasting the flavors of different mixtures without that overwhelming aroma alcohol tends to give off."

"I'm sure a good amount of people tend to look down on that choice to not drink, but it really doesn't matter to me. We all free to make our own choices, and this one is not something I would hold against someone, since its really personal preference over anything else."

"I believe they should have soft drinks here as well. Let me go and check. If you want to give something else a try at some point just let me know."

He went over to the bartender, deciding to have a simple gin and tonic while ordering Lindow's ginger ale. Normally a bartender would need to add the gin, then pour tonic water over it before either adding a splash of lime juice or a lime wheel, but in SAO all it took was a few seconds of swiping on the bartender's menu before the drink, glass and all, materialized in front of him. The same came for the ginger ale, as the taller glass of deep abalaster fizzy liquid appearing. Calrex nodded in thanks before returning back to the table with the two drinks, "Here ya go, a ginger ale to start at least. If you're feeling up for trying something like it I've heard that adding some gin or some other type of spirit tends to mix well if it."

Lindow watched as Cal disappeared in the small crowd retrieving their drinks. He looked over his shoulder at the other people behind him, sharing a small smile before watching Cal come back with the two beverages, "Thank you," it was important to use manners in any and all transactions or to show gratitude towards someone helping you, he must have thanked Cal a least a dozen or so times now from the immense amount of help which was happily given to him and here now for the drinks. Lindow twisted the glass and examined the contents, the familiar pop and fizz of the ginger ale he used to drink was more or less one in the same now. He was to place the cold tip to his mouth before Cal mentioned adding in some other spirits to liven up the taste a bit. He didn't think such young people knew what spirits were in the context of alcohol, good on him. Lindow raised his glass and noded, "To the mentor, showing an old dog like me new tricks!" he raised his glass and took his first sip. The familiar sensation of the fizzy drink touched his lips as he swallowed the beverage, he gave the liquid time to settle on his taste buds. So that's how it worked in the game, tricking the mind to produce the same familiar taste as in real life. 

It was an interesting concept indeed, and he helped himself to another gulp of his beverage, "Have to hand it to the creator, this is some good stuff, Chief. If the drink is like this, then I am sure the food at the cafes are beyond exceptional as well. I would love to bring my wife here to try all the exotic foods we have never tried before because, well, our stomachs would hate us for it later." Lindow continued to drink his beverage, there was an awkward silence amongst the two of them for the moment before Lindow gave a slight clearing of the throat cough wondering how to step up conversation, "So, let's be real for a moment, Cal." Lindow moved the glass to the side and cupped his hands over the table, his fingers interlocking as he seemed to be getting a little more serious, "What are our chances, I mean...really? I know these floor bosses are nothing to wave a stick at, but there has to be some sort of moment or something that is telling everyone here, 'We might be stuck here for a while...' Do you honestly think...We'll see home again?" Lindow was not one to succumb to a lost feeling of despair, not while he was still alive and kicking. And he would not fall into that pit trap either, going down and being buried under your depression...he has been there, and he had to do a lot to climb out of that hell. But here and now, this was life and death and every moment counted. He would not waste it, he would not waste this life. Even in the end if it was just him, he would be there fighing the good fight.      

Calrex was about ready to take a sip when Lindow suddenly toasted him, causing him to cough for a second as he gave a smile and a wave of his hand, "M-Mentor? Please, I'm just another player, heh." 

After clearing the rest of his throat he took another swig of his drink, deciding to actually savor the taste of the drink this time, rather than using the technique he had learned from Azrael to down a drink in seconds, no matter the size. The fizziness of the soda water seemed to lighten the taste of the gin, with a hint of juniper and the other herbs that went into the brewing and extraction of the spirit. It was certainly something he had not noticed in the past back in the real world, "Interesting, I guess I never really noticed how much was actually masked due to the powerful volatile compounds in alcohol. Course, it might be also because I have yet to become numb to that particular fragrance."

As Lindow set his glass aside and began to ask him about their chances of making it out of the game Calrex set his glass down calmly, nodding as he obliged, "To be honest, I'm not too sure myself. I have yet to participate in a floor raid, but from what I've heard during my adventures in the past there has not been a single loss of life up to the floor just before this one. In that a couple of lower level players somehow made it onto the raid team and ended up losing their lives, a first in itself. It's only going to get harder from here, but there are some certainly powerful players that are going to be participating in the current one. Now it really depends on when they decide to undergo it. I recently became strong enough to 'qualify' to participate, so that's yet another number added to their ranks..."

He gave a calming breath as he gathered his thoughts together before resuming, "If we want to boil it down I believe it really comes down to two things: preparedness and numbers. If more and more strong players join the ranks of the frontliners, that means more players to participate in the raids, which will hopefully clear the floors faster than in the past. As for those that have yet to reach that level, if they remain prepared and careful of dying when adventuring, they will eventually bring strong enough that they can add to the frontliners as well. I tend to think that we will make it home again, but the main question is when that will happen."

There was truth and realism to what Calrex spoke, and he admired that. He didn't attempt to fill Lindow with high hopes or sugar coat anything or to say. yes everything will turn out to be ok. Because that would be wrong, nothing was a certainty and that being paranoid could be your best friend. He spoke of the lost lives in the previous floor battle boss, Lindow turned his head slightly away feeling sorry for the loss. He gave a heavy sighed and agreed how Cal proposed that numbers and preparedness would be the two main themes for quick and safe battles. Lindow took a moment to soak all that information up, taking a healthy gulp of his fizzy drink. 

"So there is at least a decent amount of planning that goes on before going to take on a Floor Boss, I am sorry those who have lost their lives. I suppose one should not be so prudent. Perhaps setting up some safety laws or requirements that must be expected for one to join a floor boss, that could lessen the loss of life. I wish people would be more responsible rather than setting out for glory and fame. There is nothing glorious about war and death, nothing that would result in fame either. It must take a good long while to be a formidable player to raise through the ranks like that. I am sure with you on the front lines, we are that much closer to victory and to going home. Thank you, Cal." he smiled and lifted his half empty beverage once more to him and took another healthy gulp of the liquid. 

He scratched his beard with his fingers and fell more comfortably in his seat as he leaned back in the chair a bit. It seemed like a long day that was coming to a close very soon. The vast wealth of information given to him gave him a lot to go on. He was in no rush to get the to the assault teams or the front lines, but he would spend this day on fighting to get stronger. His thoughts of family were heavy in his mind each and every day and it was their strength that was helping him and guiding him through these harsh days. His stormy eyes cast down looking into his drink and then back at Calrex, these kids...they were getting more mature by the generation as time passed. He wouldn't say his hopes were high, but a realistic view that things could change for the better now. Times were changing and Lindow found comfort in that. 

"I had believed there was some kind of cutoff point players needed to meet in order to participate, but it's possible that it wasn't implemented until after that incident. In any case I appreciate it. Hopefully going on the raids doesn't result in me sticking my neck out too far, but from what I've gathered so far things should be alright. I'll do my best to make sure we clear the floors a little bit faster."

Calrex took another swig of his drink as he listened to Lindow speak about the realistic lack of glory in war and battle, giving a nod, "It does seem like a lot of people still play this game like there is some renown to be had, as if killing a lot of monsters of something will result in them being the top of some leaderboard. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Sure, it might be that you're stronger or have a better ability to survive, but it all means nothing if you die in the end."

"So, with all of the information I've imparted to you, do you have an idea of where you're possible going to start? I think now you should be more than qualified to take on a quest or two to get yourself stronger. It's certainly a long journey from where you're at to frontline-rank levels, but it's certainly something to do carefully."

Lindow looked down at his fizzy drink, he didn't have to wonder too long to know what he was going to do next, "Yes, thank you. The information you have given me has indeed inspired me to start working. First off, I'll be taking on that weapon quest. I feel this lump of steel I carry won't be suitable much longer. There are a few other quests I may take up as well for some extra skills for tanking. I have given thought and I plan on seeking out like minded individuals that will help support our community. I am not sure how far it will go, but I am sure there are a few people out that would be willing to team up with like goals. I plan to study tonight, well, this week and hopefully get things started. Profession, Quests and a myriad of material hunting sprees. I'll be keeping a close eye on those who need help as well, to teach them as you have taught me. Once more a toast to you, Calrex. To lighter days, good will and surviving, one day at a time." 

He raised his glass and nodded to his Mentor, he might not be as one, but he was a teacher with valuable lessons that could be learned for everyone. Lindow also had t make sure he would not die while he was out adventuring, one day he would want to cross swords with his Mentor and show him how much he has learned. That would be a day to remember.  

"A tank build huh? Heh, well if you ever need some advice as to what you should be focusing on there actually is a person I know, who I would consider to be the strongest tank currently within the game. His name's Tristan, one of the commandants of the Azure Brigade. He's actually also a veteran of the floor raids, so I'm sure he's got much more experience he could pass on to you than I currently possess."

"Yeah, many consider me to be like a tank, but other ones that are more familiar with game stats tend to think me as more of what's called a bruiser, a blend of both striker and tank types that can operate like either, although they don't particularly excel at either. I guess in a way I kind of ended up as the jack-of-all trades of combat types in a way."

As Lindow raised his glass to toast him Calrex gave a friendly smile as he raised his own, "To those better days. May I get to see you and many others survive and become stronger in this death game."

He gave another large gulp of his drink before setting his glass down, watching as the ice began to slowly shift around in order to settle in a more stable position. By this point his glass had gone down to about one third remaining as the alabaster liquid slowly fizzed as the simulated carbon dioxide filled bubbles traveled upwards to the surface of the drink before bursting in a continuous chorus of miniature explosions.

Lindow drank from his cup, the cool refreshing liquid seems to stimulate the older player. His iron cast eyes set and wondered about the player named Tristan of the Azure Brigade. Seemed like an interesting name for a guild or clan, but the knowledge he would possess as being a tank and one of the front liners in the floor raids, surely he'd have a tip or two up his sleeve. Lindow rubbed his chin with his fingers, there was a moment of silence. The two handed swordsman shifted in his seat wondering if there were any other questions he could fire off to the veteran player before their meeting came to an end. 

"We've been at it for a little while now. I am not sure what plans you had tonight, but I thank you for spending some time to help me out with getting my thoughts settled. I know, I know, I thanked you at least a half a dozen if not more times now, and I'll continue thanking you even when you are not here. Because you are deserving as such. I'm an old man that likes to go to bed early and wake up early to start fresh. I may have to retire here in a little bit, but these are memories that I can be happy with. The man who helped me from the Mob, to the man who gave me the tour of the city and the most important stop was the Monument of Life. I shall revisit that place with flowers for our fallen heroes as much as I am able to do so. As for the circumstances of your friend's departing, should you need help in the matter feel free to let me know and I'll do what I can within my power. Do you have plans for the rest of the evening, Calrex? I don't wish to keep you any longer if you have other important things to attend to."  

Calrex gave an approving nod of thanks as Lindow said that he will likely continue to thank him, even after the two have parted ways for the night, "Please, the only thanks I need if just seeing that the people I help are still alive. If you ever are in need of assistance with anything feel free to contact me. Hopefully at some point I'll be able to introduce you to that person I mentioned, heh. But for now I have no plans, but should probably get back to the upper floors to keep training. The first floor is nice to visit, but there's certainly more challenges I should get myself familiarized with before the next floor raid."

He quickly downed the rest of his drink, gently setting the glass on the table as the last drops of condensation on the outside of the glass slid down, meeting the wood of the table's surface. With a few swipes on his menu he sent a friend request to Lindow before getting to his feet, "If you're looking for a place to stay there's a lot of inns on the first floor, although I'm not sure how occupied they are with other people looking to avoid the field zones. In any case I'll get started. I'll catch you around Lindow."

After speaking he gave a friendly wave before heading out of the tavern, looking quickly at the request board for any interesting postings. Finding none he turned and started heading towards the teleportation plaza, "Alright, I'll stop by the fourth floor and say hi to Teayre, then get back to the eleventh floor for more practicing."