[OP-F2] Fort Valmort - COMPLETE!

Mack stood within the gates of Marome Village, like a towering axe wielding sentinel, and considered his options. In his recent explorations of the heavily forested area surrounding the village he had discovered what was, clearly, a long forgotten abandoned fort. The facade of the place was in a state of complete disrepair and the only marker indicating what it had once been were the crumbling remains of what had, seemingly, once been one of the fort's main watch towers. This site had the added benefit of not being on any of the publicly available maps of the second floor, which meant there was a decent chance that it might not have been completely picked clean of monsters and loot yet.

Of course, only a fool would try to clear a dungeon by themselves. Especially, if they weren't aware of the size and make up of the dungeon. For all the blonde axe-man knew the dungeon went on for miles with vast subterranean tunnels and passages. Although, it might only have had a few glorified root cellar. Still, it was only prudent when dealing with a death game like Sword Art Online to make sure that everything was in order and a group in place. Even if it meant that the loot would have to be shared out. So, that was why Mack was standing, statuesque, in the main gates of Marome with his group search icon on. Once he had gathered a handful of players to the cause, they'd set off and go clear the dungeon.

Edited by Mack
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden was yet again, bored at SAO's inability to entertain a veteran player. He sat down on a bench in the village called Marome Village where he heard there were incredible fruits for people to gather this time of the season. Well, either those people were lying or he was blind to these so-called fantastic fruits that certain people claim to have seen. Golden crossed his arms and closed his eyes, allowing his face to absorb the comfortable heat given off by the ray of the sun. Also, the place was quite deserted to Golden's surprise and delight, meaning he could sit somewhere without becoming interfered and disturbed of his peace.

However, Golden opened his eyes having had them closed for quite a while. Eh... shouldn't be out here doing nothing. He decided before standing up and walking to the outside of the village where hopefully he could fight some mobs and maybe clear out a few dungeons or so.... just like the old times. Memories hunt people... slowly and slowly, it devours their souls and their mind along with their hearts. Memory can be a good thing.. or a bad, no, evil object. As Golden passed through the gates, he saw a player he hadn't seen before built completely different from him. This immediately caught his attention and what caught even more of his attention was the icon. Group search icon? Golden thought... not sure if he'd seen any of those before. "So. What's up." Golden said as he slowly walked towards the character with his hands in his pocket.

Mack turned his storm grey eyes on the speaker as the other player approached. The guy looked like he knew what was up with the game, it was pretty clear from what the big axe-man could see that the guy was a good bit further along than he was. Leaning on the top of Guillotine, with the weapon's solid iron butt cap planted in the ground, the blacksmith considered how best to answer the question that had been posed. After a few moments, he decided honesty was the best policy. After all, if this other player were to join up with him to form the first part of the group he would clearly make a good tank, if for no other reason than what Mack assumed to be his enormous health bar.

"Found an old, run down abandoned fort," he replied in his low rumbling tone. "Not on any of the public maps of this level, should be a good opportunity for loot. Lookin' for a group of four to go and clear it, loot to be divided among all party members at the end. You want in," the hulking axe-wielder asked. He wasn't about to divulge the location of a rare treasure like a potentially uncleared dungeon unless this other player was on board to form a party.

Piera was roaming around the lower levels, starting with the Starting City and making her way up in search of a good tailor. She had managed to get this far in only her starter clothing, relying on Lee and other party members to tank for her while she counted on her Bleeding Lance to kill off the monsters before they could do much damage to her. Sadly she hadn't come across one that had the kind of wares she was interested in just yet. "I'd ask Lowenthal, but he's busy being all cute with Clarence." She muttered to herself as she walked around the village, hoping to find a hidden jewel.

Her feet slowed as she heard a deep masculine voice say something about an offer to join party and loot. The word 'loot', caused the brunette's head to turn and she stopped cold with eyebrows raised as her eyes fell on the hulk that was the player in question. Dayum. Someone like that plays this game. She thought to herself before walking forward, looking at the player the axe wielder was speaking to. She didn't recognize him either (which wasn't surprising as she wasn't exactly sociable), but could tell that he was a pretty decent level, likely around Jomei's range.

"Um, hi. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I overhead you." She greeted with an upraised hand in a small wave to the blonde player who's username read 'Mack' next to his health bar. "Do you need help?" There was a chance that she wasn't what he was looking for or he simply didn't want to divide said loot three ways so he could always say no and she would be on her way.

Before Golden could respond to the offer to join the party another individual with a distinctly feminine voice piped up and made herself heard. She had approached so softly from behind him that Mack had not heard the approach of the bespectacled brunette. She was also one of the first female players he'd encountered in the game that looked as if she might be close to his age. That meant that, with luck, she would be more mature than many of the other players that he had encountered. As he turned to examine the woman, the brute of an axe-wielder made certain he was able to also keep his grey-eyed gaze on Golden as well.

"No need to apologize," the blonde warrior rumbled in what sounded like a low growl, but what was clearly not meant to be a threatening manner. "Ideally, I would like to find a four player party to tackle this dungeon. It's not in the guide book for this level and it's not on the public map. Once we clear it, I plan to go public with its location. You're welcome to join, loot to be divided evenly with our tank having first choice of any rare or perfect items that drop. They assume the greatest risk, it's only fair," Mack continued in the same low rumbling tone.

Piera met the brawny man's intense gaze and forced herself not to look away, as if it was some sort of unspoken contest. When he spoke, she let out a mental sigh, feeling as if she had passed some sort of test or qualification. She listened quietly as the man explained his discovery and goal. It was surprising to hear of uncharted territory on so low a floor, but she reasoned that perhaps it was because it was so low that nobody thought of going further than what the public maps laid out.

As he stated that the tank would get dibs on the best loot for taking the most risk, her eyes glanced at the other player from behind her glasses and wondered if he was said tank. The idea was sound, but if their tank was much higher level than them, it was doubtful that he would be in much danger. Still having someone with that high a health bar and skill was still useful to have in a party so she shrugged and replied, "Fair enough. I'd rather fork over some of the loot than take the damage myself." She smiled slightly before explaining, "I'm a two handed spear user, so I try to keep my distance and look for the right opportunity to strike."

She left out the fact the fact that she also didn't have any armor to help her with taking hits, thinking that it might be obvious to them since she was only wearing cloth clothing rather than armor currently as well as not wanting to broadcast her 'noobness'. Sticking a hand out towards the blonde man she introduced, "I'm Piera. Nice to meet you both." The brunette nodded at the darker haired man before offering him her hand to shake as well.

The young, black haired warrior know as Beoreson entered city as he had just got back from mineing. He then, noticed the tall blond soldier had a small group around him. Beoreson decided to investigate it. The young warrior walked towards the group and recognized Piera and Mack, but there was a guy he didn't know. " Hey, Mack nice seeing you out and about. What's the score this time?" asks the young warrior. After what ever explanation is given he then, turns towards Piera."Sorry I haven't dropped by to buy that potion yet, been busy with some stuff." says the warrior to Piera.

OOC: To simplify things, now that everyone's in and his been brought up to speed, let's set a posting order of Golden, Mack, Piera, Beoreson... if that works for everyone.

"Mack, two-handed battle axe with a focus on DPS," the blonde man replied, patting the bladed head of Guillotine as he spoke. He offered a massive hand to Piera to shake, if she was so inclined. "I'm not sure what our friend here is called, though," the hulking warrior admitted. As the introductions were still ongoing a fourth person approached the group, a dark haired swordsman that Mack was quite familiar with as he had already adventured extensively with the man. Based on the way he greeted Piera, it was clear that he already knew the raven haired woman.

"New mini dungeon, if we're lucky. Not on the public maps, doesn't mean it's not been hit though. Not in the guidebook either," the axe-man said, still leaning his weight down on the top of Guillotine as the sun gleamed off the steel plates of Hussar's Protest. "Good chance for loot, you're already familiar with my views on distribution. You're welcome to join, and assuming you and our other friend here is in we have a full group. How is Viper's Kiss working for you?"

Piera smiled at Mack's introduction, not surprised upon hearing his weapon of choice and role. "Nice. Haven't seen many two handed battle axe wielders before." She complimented simply. He definitely looked like a Bruiser. Her comparatively tiny hand shook his massive one, causing the corners of her mouth to quiver, keeping back a giggle at the ridiculous size difference. She was about to turn and ask the dark haired tank player his name when another dark haired man approached, one who apparently already knew Mack.

"Beoreson!" She exclaimed in pleasant surprise. As he apologized for not having dropped by, she raised her hand to wave off the platitudes. "Take your time. I do have some cheaper potions available now though." The brunette was glad that she knew at least one of their party members, even if just barely. As Mack and Beoreson were conversing, she took the time to send a quick private message to Lee explaining that she was going to be late and why, giving him her location and who she was with just in case.

"Blades good Mack, I must say it is a very good blade." says Beoreson as he finish up his conversation with Mack. He then turns back over towards Piera" Well, good I'll most likely stop by after this to pick up a potion then, assuming we don't all die." Beoreson says the last part sarcastically then, realizes that they may well die. He turns grim for a moment but, manages to put on a more normal expression, although it is fake. " Erm, well I take back what I said about dying, we should be fine." Hopefully avoiding making anyone else but himself panic.

"Well, I suppose I should Introduce myself to the one person here that I don't know. The name is Beoreson or Beore for short. I use a one handed straight sword. Mack made the blade I'm carrying, it's got paralyzing on crits. I don't own a shield, but am fine in till I get one later." states the raven haired warrior. He has beginner clothing on and a ninjato strapped to his back. The blade is elegantly designed, and looks like a very deadly piece of art. Beoreson almost slips up during his introduction but, avoids going into parade rest.

Golden watched as the group started a conversation. Well... talk about a waste of time. Golden didn't mind people have a great conversation but if they were to tackle a dungeon... they'd better start right away. Time is valuable. Golden thought as he looked at the sky, willing that the group head toward the so-called dungeon that Mack claims that he has seen. Golden honestly didn't know how he managed to become so isolated from the conversation. He was left out of the group, having no interest in the potion business that the group had been talking about. However, Golden sighed with relieve when they started introducing themselves and tell the other people of the group about the equipment and this was a topic that he could actually get in on.

"Well, I guess 'tis my turn." He said when everyone else had a turn. "I use a rapier and a shield... with heavy armor, allowing me to tank. Which is what I shall do during the dungeon fight. I shall take all the hits while everyone else attacks so we can avoid causalities... Remember, safety is most important. Now, let us head out soon."

"Welcome aboard then, Golden and Piera. We'll head out here in just a second," the axe man rumbled. He stood up properly and looked around at the group. Pierea's armor would never do if things got dangerous and, he knew from experience, that Beoreson struggled to hit what he tried to swing at. Both of them would need some upgrades. Pulling up his menu, Mack went through the group options and sent party invitations to Golden, Piera, and Beoreson in turn. 

While they were busy accepting the invitations to form a party he shuffled through his own inventory and swapped out his armor. Having just, that day, crafted Angelic Sheath the hulking blonde man was anxious to try it out and this was a good opportunity for that. His form shimmered for a moment as Hussar's Protest was removed and the shimmering white and black trimmed armor of the Angelic Sheath replaced it. Reaching up, Mack removed the face mask and drew back the hooded cowl of the new armor before continuing through his inventory and holding out both hands. A few seconds later, Hussar's Protest reappeared in his right hand while a tiny golden charm of a boar's head in profile appeared in his left.

"Here, you'll need these for the dungeon crawl. I don't need, and can't use, them," the burly blacksmith said in his low rumble, holding out Hussar's Protest to Piera and the boar's head charm to Beoreson. There was no anger or malice in his words, he wasn't trying to insult either player, he was merely stating a fact. "As Golden says, safety is paramount and he clearly has superb gear. As a smith I recognize excellent craftsmanship." Once the other two warriors had taken the gifts, Mack addressed the group.

"We'll head for Fort Valmort now, I'll take point and Golden, if you don't mind while we're in transit I'll have you serve as tail-end Charlie with Piera and Beoreson in the middle," Mack said, setting up the group's formation. Once they arrived at the Fort, of course, Golden would be on point followed by Mack, Piera, and Beoreson for handling whatever monsters and surprises the fort might have in store for them.

Piera listened with passing interest as Beoreson and Mack conversed about a blade that Mack had forged for him. It didn't surprise her that the hulking man was a blacksmith. What did surprise her however was Beoreson's rather poor comment. Staring at the man in mild disbelief she joked, "Well I'm inspired." Shaking her head, she hoped that she didn't come off as rude, she was only trying to help lighten the mood, albeit at his expense a little. As he introduced himself to the man who had been here first, she noted his weapon and the fact that he too was clad only in starter clothing. Her eyes flicked behind her glasses to Golden as he introduced himself and his equip list as well as confirming his role as tank. The side of her mouth tugged in a lopsided smile as he reminded them that safety was paramount before trying to rush them off. Someone's eager. She thought as Mack welcomed them all and said that they'd leave in a moment before sending out a mass party invite to the group.

Piera quickly opened her menu to leave the party she was currently in, confident that Lee would be able to connect the dots from her PM and accepted the new party invite. She glanced at Golden once again, now able to see his level and now felt a bit more confident in their little endeavor. It was also nice to see that both Mack and Beoreson were around her own level. Looking over their party, her eyes stopped at the blonde man as his previous standard steel heavy armor shimmered away to be replaced with a form fitting white armor set complete with hood and face mask, making him look rather mysterious in an odd way (due to his sheer size) before he took them down. "Lookin' good there." The brunette complimented with a smile, wondering if he had crafted the armor himself but opted not to ask as apparently one of their party was on a schedule.

She stared at the items that had appeared in Mack's hands and wondered why he had taken them out when he stated his intent as he held the respective items out to herself and Beoreson. Blinking in surprise, her mouth opened but no sound came out as she paused to think. Her immediate instinct was to decline, but he had just said that not only did he not need them, he couldn't use them either for whatever reason. Frowning, Piera's green eyes surveyed Mack's closely as he reiterated what Golden had said about safety being the most important thing. The man seemed sincere and the brunette let out a small sigh before stating, "If you're sure you can't use them... Then just for the dungeon. Thank you." She reached to accept the item exchange, taking the heavy armor in hand as her eyes bulged at the weight of said armor, though she should have expected it really.

Equipping the armor, she took solace in the fact that while she didn't have the Heavy Armor skill, neither did she the Light Armor skill. Yet. Looking down at herself, she saw that Hussar's Protest fitted to her form, proving that one size truly fits all as it hung over her dark purple starter clothing. The mitigation should be pretty helpful, she just hoped that she wouldn't be slowed down. Looking at the party leader as he designated their respective positions. Her eyes narrowed at his speech, finding that it tickled as vaguely familiar in her mind, but more concerned with the fact that he was putting their tank at the back. She understood him both wanting and needing to be at the front of their group as he was the only one that knew the location of their destination and he just seemed to have good leadership skills; but thought that it would make more sense for the tank to be at the front. Still, she was neither the leader nor a strategist so she simply nodded in acceptance and readied her Bleeding Lance, leaning the staff against her shoulder as she looked sidelong at Beoreson with a slight smile and nod. Her worries were for naught though as when they arrived at the Fort, Mack directed Golden to the front with him as they entered and she readied herself, gripping the black staff of her lance.

Beoreson took the charm and equipped it."Thanks Mack. Not to be rude but, you kind of look like a storm trooper from Starwars." Sates the warrior. He then takes and opens his menu to equip the leather armor that he had stored away from a drop he got not that long ago. It was just as simple breastplate that went over his starter clothing. He then, takes a moment to respond to Piera, "Glade to hear that. I was always voted number one in inspirational ability." He then, accepts the group invite.

Golden sighed as Mack told them of his ideas. I hope this dungeon is worth it. He thought as Mack told him of his position. "I'm not sure what a tail-end charlie is but I don't really care." He said. "But, I'll stand in the front to protect the rest of you guys." He finished before starting to walk but then he realized that he didn't actually know where the dungeon was. He stopped before looking at Mack, who was the only person who knew about the location of the dungeon in the squad. Well~ I guess I'll have to follow him.... But I need first attack. He thought before speaking again. "So... why don't you lead the way?" He asked, excited to get started on this dungeon clearing. 

[Guess, give me first attack so I can get some HATE on me.]

OOC: Yep, Mack's leading to the dungeon then Golden in front to tank, Mack to follow as the power hitter, Piera and Beoreson to pick up the pieces.

For the next half of an hour, the blonde axe-man led the way through the forest. In his bright white and black armor he knew he'd be easy enough to spot and to follow. The march through the forest would also give Piera a chance to adjust to the weight of Hussar's Protest as well. He could tell that the weapon she was carrying as impressive and of superb quality and, similarly, he knew that while Beoreson's own blade wasn't quite as good as his own Guillotine that it was still a superb weapon since, after all, Mack had forged it himself. He also knew that it was an odd command decision to place Golden at the back of the formation, but if anything ambushed them on the way the hulking blonde wanted a good wall at his back and Mack was certain he could handle anything that came out of the forest from the front.

The mid-afternoon shadows were just beginning to lengthen once again from their shortest point of the day as the sun began its descent when the group reached the rusting iron gates that marked the entrance to the ruins of Fort Valmort. Stopping before the gates, which were down and locked, Mack turned to address the group. "Alright, we're heading in now. Golden to the front to draw the attacks. I'm the back-up tank and I'll take the first attack against the mobs, then Piera, and then Beoreson bringing up the rear. Nothing personal, Beoreson, but Piera has a better weapon and better armor than you do."

Once the formation had been set, Mack turned to the iron gate and, raising his white booted foot, he delivered a massive blow that rang off of the iron. The gate groaned in protest, but it couldn't withstand the force of the blow. It was simply more force than the rusted hinges could handle and the gate collapsed inward. Mack stepped to the side to allow Golden to enter the fort's overgrown courtyard. No sooner had the entire group entered than a spectral voice howled up, seeming to rise from the very bowels of the Aincrad.

"INVADERS! TO ARMS, MEN, TO ARMS! THE BEASTS HAVE RETURNED!"

ID: 27550
MD: 3
BD: 10 (9+1 Lucky Charm)

Skeletal Gate Guardian: 25/32 (Base Dam. 4, Partial Phase 2, Mitigation 1) (Mob takes 8 dam., DM saves 1, -7 dam.) - Not all mobs will be this big. Please note, Piera and Beoreson to include the -2 Bleed to the Mob in your next posts.

Golden: 57/57
Mack: 29/29 (2 Hate)
Piera: 25/25
Beoreson: 25/25

From the tufted grass of the courtyard a handful of bleached white skeletal fingers emerged, clawing their way to freedom. Behind them came an arm and then a head and a torso. The creature was garbed in the remains of what must, long in the past, have been a very fine set of chainmail armor that had long ago rusted. Chinks and missing links abounded, though the helmet was still a very fine visored helm of silver with an extremely scraggly emerald plume. From behind the visor ruby eyes glittered malevolently and, before the creature had taken a feral swipe at the nearest member of the party, Golden, though the cleaving blow from the creature's two-handed claymore sailed well wide of its target.

"Golden, howl now," Mack snapped leaping forward to launch a cleaving attack with Guillotine at the creature as it left itself open for an attack after its wild swipe. The Celtic knotted blade of the battle axe bit deep into the rib cage of the Gate Guardian, but it wasn't nearly enough to dispatch the creature. "Piera flank left and Beoreson get behind it, I'll go right, surround and destroy! Keep it off Golden while he keeps it focused! Find your openings and strike!"

Edited by Mack

Piera gave an un-ladylike snort at Beoreson's comment of Mack's similarity to a Storm Trooper and let out a laugh as she said, "Hopefully he only looks like one." Referring to Storm Trooper's notorious failure to hit anything and ability to be picked off like flies. She had confidence in their leader though, because he simply exuded it. The brunette frowned at Golden's short tone and noted that his impatience sure wasn't getting any better. If this was such a waste of time for him, why did he bother joining the party? With his level he could be getting much better loot and experience on higher floors. The walk through the forest was uneventful but for her slight fidgeting, getting used to the new weight of the heavy armor. Occasionally she stretched her arms or neck, but didn't break pace, keeping up with the guys as they made their way to the dungeon.

The 'dungeon' turned out to be a broken down fort. She surveyed the gates, wondering how they were going to get in if they were locked, as Mack dished out orders. Shrugging at Beoreson as he got the short end of the stick stuck in back behind her, she wondered why the blonde warrior hadn't given him the armor. She got into position though and watched as Mack approached the gate and Sparta kicked it down, drawing several choice expletives to the forefront of her mind, but that never passed her lips. As soon as the gate crashed down though, a howl rose up, shaking the very ground and causing her skin to break out in goosebumps as the young woman swallowed thickly. She really really hoped this dungeon wasn't those out of the way ones that were impossibly hard. Watching skeletons pop out of the ground like daisies...or zombies, was rather eerie in person. Definitely different from any other game.

Fingers flexing around her spear's shaft, Piera cursed softly as the biggest skeletal figure clawed its way up, revealing a health bar bigger than most of their party's. She wasn't so much worried about beating this guy as she was getting picked at by those smaller skeletons in the back while they were distracted. The leader-like skeleton swiped at Golden and thankfully missed. While its attention was drawn, Mack took advantage of the opening and swung his axe into its rib cage. Her attention snapped back as the blonde barked out orders and she immediately darted left, going around Golden before using her momentum to slide and slice at the skeleton's shins. Getting to her feet, the brunette noted that she hadn't been very effective and realized that as skeletons, the bleed damage of her lance wouldn't work. Cursing under her breath, Piera wondered how much this would affect their chances.

ID: 27551
BD: 8(+1Acc)=9
DMG: 2(-1Mit)=1
Piera HP: 25/25
Skeletal Gate Guardian HP: 25/32

Edited by Piera

ID# 27564 BD:5+2=7

Piera's HP:25 (1 hate)

Beoreson's HP:25 (1 hate)

Mack's HP:29 (2 hate)

Golden HP:59

Skeletal gate guard's HP:25-4=21 (2 bleed)

Beoreson runs to get behind the skeleton guard, and avoids tripping and stabbing himself. He mutters sarcastically, "It's a miracle" Once in position he takes his ninjato from it's sheath with a slight hiss. The young, raven haired warrior takes his ninjato and slashes the guard's back. The bone chips a little but, not much. He then, yells out to Mack, "Do you think Viper's venom will paralyze it even?"  He then, backs up and prepares for the guards next move which hopefully will not be attack him. He thinks to himself,"Well, so far so good, I think we can kill in a few attacks each."

Edited by Beoreson

Golden smirked as his target came into view. Here I go. He thought before saying, "You guys might wanna cover your ears up." After doing so, Golden took a deep breathe, allowing oxygen to travel freely into his lungs before he released all of them to make a howl. Golden's gigantic howl brought the attention of the gate guard, thus, making it attack Golden for now. Even though, Golden was not able to attack that turn, he still kept his right hand tight against the helm of his rapier, ready to attack and ready to damage when he can. He wanted to get past the skeleton gate keeper without the rest of the party getting injured and right now... things are looking great.

Piera's HP:25 (H: 2)
Beoreson's HP:25 (H: 1)
Mack's HP:29 (H: 2)
Golden HP:59 (H: 4)
Skeletal gate guard's HP:25-4=21 (2 bleed)

Edited by Golden

OOC: I did bad math in my first strike. I should have hit for 8 damage since I rolled a 10, -1 would have been 7 damage. So, I'm fixing the damage to the proper amount now. My bad guys, sorry. 32 - 7 (Mack) - 2 Bleed - 2 (Piera) - 4 Bleed - 1 (Beoreson) - 2 Bleed = 18/32. Also, Beoreson, with that charm Mack gave you, you've got a +3 Accuracy modifier (2 Sword, 1 Lucky Charm). :) Also, we're kinda mowing through this thing.

ID: 27646
MD: 6
BD: 9 (8+1 Lucky Charm)

Skeletal Gate Guardian: 10/32 (-8 Damage [-6 Mack's hit + -2 Golden's Thorns], -2 Bleed in Piera and Beoreson's posts)

Golden: 55/57 (4 Hate) -2 Damage from Partial Phasing
Mack: 29/29 (4 Hate)
Piera: 25/25 (2 Hate)
Beoreson: 25/25 (1 Hate)

Having finally emerged completely into the overgrown courtyard of the rundown Fort, the Guardian took a moment to gather its bearings and assess its situation. The white armored man, he was the one that needed to die first, the easily seven foot tall Guardian took a hesitating step in that direction. Then, an ear-piercing howl caught its attention and it swung its glowing ruby eyes to focus on the warrior who had howled. In three quick steps the skeletal sentinel had crossed the courtyard and, in a single lunge, it thrust it's blade in beneath the guard of the brunette warrior. Just as quickly though, the Guardian drew back with a surprised look upon its shadowy features. Or, at least, as surprised of a look as a skeletal gate guardian could get. When it had struck Golden it had received a jolt back up its sword arm.

As the Guardian stood there, regarding its sword arm and seemingly wondering how Golden had managed to hit it, Mack lunged in with Guillotine raised high in the air. The harden steel blade of the axe hissed through the air and, once again, found solid purchase on the Gate Guardian in its rib cage where the monster had once been armored but where the armor was now in tatters. Ripping the blade free, and bringing several of the creature's rib bones with it, Mack backed off and began barking orders. "Piera, Beoreson, you know what to do! Golden, don't worry with another howl the Guardian's health bar is nearly in the red, just kill it!" Resuming his place as the Guardian turned to face him, Mack readied Guillotine to receive the Guardian's attack, should one come.