[PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> (Tristan)

Her bright blue eyes seemed to glow among the black empty void that was before the girl, dressed in three colors. Her soft face, seemed too beautiful in the horrifying emptiness, and her hair seemed to float in the air, as if there was wind, although if one were to stand next to her, they would feel that there was no wind whatsoever. One would think, that the girl was frozen, unable to move... But if one were to get closer, they would see her tiny short body, shaking slightly in the void. Suddenly, a flash of light seemed to make its way into the void, and the scene changed completely, there was blood. Blood everywhere, dripping from the branches, blood soaked into the ground, as if it was the water that the forest that seemed to envelope them, used to grow. There were clouds that covered the sun, that were a deep dark red, darker than the blood. Soon, the dark red seemed to start to drain out of the clouds making them seem more bright red, as red blood-like drops came from the sky. You could most likely see the girl reach out a hand, and watch as a drop landed upon her hand, making a small splatter. However, as the girl reached out her hand, and watched as the drop landed on her, she could feel the warmth, and how the drop was quite sticky, as if it was blood in itself. Soon, the light downfall became a pouring of the blood-like rain. It covered the girl's blonde hair, turning it dark red. Her clothing seemed to soak it up, as she stood in the bloody rain, before she turned towards the thing that was watching her. Her blue eyes were coated with tears, as she faced you, her eyes flashed with fear, as a giant beast, with empty eye sockets, came forward, and crashed down upon the girl. 

In the center of the biggest town on floor 2, Urbus, a girl lay on a bench near the town teleporter, her body instantly jerked forward, as her nightmare ended, her eyes wide, and tears running down her face. She fixed her black, white and pink outfit, before wiping away all of her tears, remembering why she was here. She had happened to have fallen asleep, on the bench she had rested upon earlier that morning. I must be going! I have to face this wasp queen! However, I am not strong enough.... I could really use some help.... She thought about it for a bit, before standing up, and off of the bench, her blue eyes cleared once again, although if anyone had been passing by, the must have seen her body shake, in her sleep. Tears must have been streaming down her face, and she must have let out some sort of noise, before she had woken up, with a jolt... She realized, she should find someone to help her, as she wasn't very strong just yet.

Tristan was busy in fact not having nigh traumatic nightmares, but instead enjoying himself at his own shop alone, playing the violin. After all, as a performer it became possible in game for him to play any instrument, with especial help from the Sphere of Symphony item that could turn into any instrument at will. Deciding that this was rather a dull activity though, he got up and decided to walk the town, maybe there would even be someone to help out, as was his nature.

While Tristan walked through the quieter parts of the town, he jumped slightly at a panicked sound someone  made, looking around to see the origin of the sound. There appeared to be a woman, a blonde haired one, crying on a bench. He looked around seeing no one else, then slowly stepped forward to her. Sure, he was very tall and red haired, but hoped he could look somewhat compassionate. His voice had worry in it, saying "Um...are you alright? You want help with something?".

As a voice brought her back to Earth, her head whipped up, her eyes widened, as she saw a tall red-haired man standing before her, asking if he could do anything for her. She let in a sniffle, Well... I mean, I wouldn't just meet someone and ask if they could help me, would I? The nightmare easily faded, to the back of her mind, as she stood up, I am.... Kitty. She gave a small bow, as her eyes kept contact the whole time, a bow of respect. Her eyes wandered about his appearance, as she fixed her outfit once again. 

Tristan looked at her and thought for a bit, tilting his head slightly in agreement to what she said. "Understandable, just you let out such a sound so it seemed ridiculous not to check.". He was wearing his black plated armour and the shield on his back, his spears unequipped. She gave a bow, to which Tristan smiled and held out a hand for shaking to greet with, saying "Pleasure to be of acquaintance. I am Tristan, somewhat aggro tank in Azure Brigade.". He wondered if newer players knew of the Brigade too, an elite squad of players consisting of some of the games strongest. "So...how may I be of service?" he spoke gently with a smile at her.

With a slight chuckle, she felt her thoughts grow, Well, now that we have met, I might be able to inquire for his help? I would like someone I could talk to... But then again, I also need help with that quest... Well, I don't need it, but... Her eyes looked back up at his face, her head tilting up, "You could be of assistance... My screams were just the sound of myself in my nightmare. I had not meant to sleep, in fact I had planned to just rest for a bit. I was planning to do the <Long Live the Queen> quest... I am also assuming, that this Azure Brigade, is a guild, and that it may be the most powerful guild out there?" Her eyes sparkled, as she waited to see a glimpse of his reaction, his previous statements, making her realize she had not spoken, about meeting him, Oh, and it is a pleasure to meet you. She accepted his handshake, with a quick gesture, and smiled.

Tristan chuckled and said "Well it is certainly an elite guild with powerful players who could take on any boss thrown at them at current. Either way, it is in my personal ethos to help the players around me and support them. So yes, I will gladly accompany you on that quest to slay the boss, since you won't even need to worry about being hit even once." he spoke with a confident smile at the end, purely because it was true. "Well tell me when you are ready to go, as I can go at any moment.".

Her head was found to be nodding, as she listened to Tristan speak, "Alright then, Ready when you are..." Her eyes flitted around somewhat nervous, before standing up straight, and turning towards the exit of the town they were standing in. Her gaze crossed around, before turning back to the tall ginger, "You seem to have done this before, lead the way?"

• 2 weeks later...

Tristan chuckled, saying "Yes I have, even if it was almost a year ago. But I suppose that's more experience than never, so I'll lead the way.". He walked on and passed the exit of the town with Kitty towards where the boss should of been, quite close as they walked on. "So you feeling confident with your first quest?" He asked. "If you aren't, dont worry. As I'll make sure you aren't hurt at all in this fight.", adding smile at the end.

She let out a soft chuckle at his words, Not worried one bit. But thanks for protecting me. Her thoughts carried her everywhere at once, as they flickered from one thing to another. She looked ahead at the path in front of them, So, how did you come across SAOThe silence was comforting, but so was the words as she spoke them. Her body continuing to follow Tristan out of the town, and into the wilderness. She looked down at her feet, hoping she wouldn't trip and fall.

Tristan thought for a moment and considered how actually...he had yet to tell anyone here about his past. It rather surprised him when he thought about it, but moved on to answering. "I own a video game store in the UK and sometimes the company brings in its store managers for testing of products, mostly for marketing reasons. Thus, the greatly hyped SAO was one of them. I must admit I didn't think I'd get into something crazy like this though." He spoke with a chuckle at the end, even if the scenario was rather serious.

He would of asked the same question back, but his speech was interrupted by an almost deafening buzz, clearly that of the wasp Queen. "Well, looks like we got company." He said as the Wasp Queen approached them, a health bar above their head. Tristan withdrew his equipment and would of attacked, but first activated <<Howl>> to assure the attention was on him, a roar like a dragon coming from his mouth that boomed out. "Alright, let's go!".

Tristan 75/75 Hate: 4

Kitty 11/11 Hate: 0

Wasp Queen 30/30

ID: 30548

BD: 5

Her eyes brightened as she listened to his story, before looking at the wasp queen. Her ears started to ring, as out of nowhere, the voice like that of a loud explosion sounded, her hands instinctively covered her ears, as she looked at the source of the sound, to see Tristan standing, He must have used Howl... Her eyes seemed to look around, as she thought of how the fight would go, He really meant it when it will not hit me. She drew her dagger, and held it behind her, ready to race in and attack. She lightly ran forward, not very confident as she struck her hand forward, she had not attacked in SAO just yet, and so she was quite unfamiliar with the way that fighting worked. With a confused expression, her body stepped back and looked at Tristan, "I do believe, that I had no clue as to how to fight. I haven't exactly fought a monster yet."

Wasp Queen 30/30

Edited by Kitty

ID: 30594

BD: 4 MD: 1

Tristan would of attacked after Kitty with his own attacks, but he suddenly had the Wasp Queen charging at them with their stinger, ready to pierce through him. Their angle was poor though so Tristan bashed his shield so that they were swatted away to the side from the attack, leaving them both unharmed. He cracked his neck and waited for Kitty to attack, saying "It will come naturally as you fight more, don't worry. You won't be hurt anyway so this is food target practice.", a chuckle at the end.

Wasp Queen 30/30

ID: 30595

BD: 1

Kitty gave a small nod of her head, as she refaced the wasp. She chuckled at his little joke before taking calming breaths and pulling her dagger close. With a race forward, she managed to trip over her own feet, and land with a soft thud. With a hurting butt, she slowly stood, and lightly patted it, as it stung.

Wasp Queen 30/30

Edited by Kitty

ID: 30635
BD: 9
MD: 8-3=5 Miss

Tristan had the Wasp Queen fly back and then zoom at him at full speed with an attack that would hit all but the most evasive of players. Tristan however took the full force of the attack to the shield like it was nothing, running forward as he moved aside the stinger and using the opening to strike. "Hyah!" he exclaimed as he thrusted the spear straight at them, leaving a large gash to the side of the monster, along with sparks of electricity which paralysed the boss. Tristan could only smile as they were left as such, the boss ready for the taking.

Tristan 75/75 Hate: 7
Wasp Queen 24/30 (Bleed 2/2, Para)

ID: 30744

BD: 4

As Tristan attacked, it sent chills down her spine. She gripped her dagger, and rushed forward at the Wasp Queen, still she felt very down on herself, after all... What can I do about all of this. I barely know how to use my dagger.... With another look at Tristan, she realized she wasn't very good with her own weapon, and that she needed to practice before setting out on another boss like this one. Tristan shouldn't be spending his time on her. As she attempted to attack, the Wasp Queen easily dodged her attack. She backed up, as she missed once again. Her eyes looked at Tristan, "Sorry..." 

Wasp Queen 24/30 (Bleed 2/2, Para)

Edited by Kitty

ID: 30771

BD: 1 MD: 2

Tristan went for an attack just after Kitty, running in with a spear charge. He felt he was the main role, but he knew this would of happaned anyway as she was only level 1. The Wasp Queen looked like it wanted to attack them both with a sweeping attack, so Tristan stopped his attack to instead block the attack, swatting the wasp aside with ease as he was in front of Kitty to protect her. He took a moment to look back and give a gentle smile and say "There is nothing to be sorry for, I don't expect any level 3 to take on the wasp queen with any sort of ease. Besides it's a learning experience.". Despite the heat of fighting, his voice was calm and soothing, his accent added to it only helping that effect.

Wasp Queen 22/30 (Bleed 1/2)

ID: 31369

BD: 8

Feeling much better after the small pep talk, Kitty nodded her head, "Okay." Her eyes fell back towards the Wasp Queen, where she readied herself and her dagger to strike once again. Running at the big monster, she slashed her dagger, making a move. Her eyes brightened as her dagger hit its mark, "I did it!" Her hair swayed as she returned to Tristan's side, her body language portraying excitement.

Wasp Queen 20/30 (Bleed 1/2)

Edited by Kitty

ID: 31375

BD: 9 6+1 dmg MD: 7-3=4 Miss (ignored because of paralysis)

Tristan beamed a smile at her, but found that smile vanish very quickly when the Wasp Queen charged at them, ready for the kill with the stinger right at them. He did a "hmph." sound as he waited for the very last second for them to get to them, then violently swatted the Wasp Queens stinger with his shield. Afterward he thrust his spear right at the monster, slicing open another gaping wound to the wasp, along with sparks which paralysed the Wasp Queen. "I won't let that wasp harm you." he said after having countered the wasp queens attack so.

Tristan 75/75 Hate: 10
Kitty 11/11 Hate: 1
Wasp Queen 12/30 (Bleed 2/2, Paralysed)

ID: 31378

BD: 3

He is just doing his job... No matter how many times she thought that, she couldn't help but feel touched at his statement. Gripping her dagger, she raced at the wasp queen. She was slightly distracted from what he had spoken earlier, as she missed the attack. Her gaze returning to Tristan, and retreating back to behind him, "I got distracted, sorry." 

Tristan 75/75 Hate: 10
Wasp Queen 12/30 (Bleed 2/2, Paralysed)

Edited by Kitty

ID: 31379

BD: 5+1=6, 5 dmg MD: 10, Flame Thorns activated, 2 damage and 2 turns 1 damage. -1 ignored on crit.
<<Disguise>> activated. +1 BD this turn, -1 MD to enemy 1 turn.

Tristan wasn't paying attention to her excuse, mostly because the monster came full throttle at them and ready to splice them open. He gulped slightly, keeping calm as the beast came right at them for the attack. Tristan brought up his shield and could feel air leaving his lungs to protect himself from the attack, slightly losing his health in consequence. Conversely though, the shield exploded in flames in front of him, covering the wasp queen in flames as it struck the shield. Tristan smiled slightly and then used the opportunity to attack to change himself suddenly into the same Wasp Queen, then attacking the Wasp Queen as...themself. The Wasp Queen was struck by a stinger of the pseudo-wasp queen, which then afterwards turned back into Tristan. "Well, even if we miss its going to die very soon.".

Tristan 74/75 Hate: 12 (2+2-7=1)
Wasp Queen 3/30 (Bleed 1/2, Flame Thorns 2/2)