Complicated loot question

So I have been doing some hunting in one of my threads and I killed a Dire Wolf with the aid of an NPC who got the killing blow. I had a few questions on collecting the questionable loot. I followed the guide lines and right now my character has 15 HP, the dire wolf had 8. That's half of the HP of the two combatants, so that stipulation is clear [I think]. But since I used a NPC to help out in the battle, would I have to forgo the chance of earning the Loot drop? Third question, does another roll need to be made to see if it does drop loot or do I use the roll on the killing blow? In that case I scored a 19 and am applicable for an Uncommon Item. But like I said, it was the NPC who got the killing blow in...so I am not sure if any of this can be used for a loot grab. Insight would be appreciated. 

I had sent a PM to Takao, our resident battle master [or so I claimed him to be] unfortunately the question is complicated and needed a more specific answer from a Mod as he couldn't give a direct answer since the use of NPCs are not mentioned in the guides. 

I've done this for my first ever RP, and the solution is quite simple.

The loot did drop, and you can keep it.  However, since you had the NPC (I'm guessing it is a player) kill the mob, you can have it so that the NPC gives you the item as they probably already have better gear than you.

It's your RP!  Play it how you would like to.

The only reason I found it complicated is because it's kind of an unfair drop, since you essentially got to roll two BD. I don't know the context of the fight, but if the outcome would've been different without the NPC you controlled, then I dunno. But hey, if it's allowed and you can get the drop, more power to you man! I just didn't want to give you a definitive answer that might've gotten you into trouble down the road.

And I appreciate the direction, Takao. Thats why I am making it public. I wouldnt mind foregoing the loot drop to keep things honest on the forum. I like to play as fair as possible, probably could have taken the Dire Wolf out myself, however, I am just as much into creating a story and a life for my character in Aincrad as well. So, I'll wait till there is definitive answer from one of our GMs. 

• 2 weeks later...