[PP-F5] GP For More HP! (Hirru) (The Traveler)[COMPLETE]

Kalesh had done some research through the information broker's books released to the public and couldn't help but notice a particularily helpful quest that granted a skill to give one more HP! At his current level that was nearly double, and after that it would still be an edge he would never regret. After locating the NPC and accepting the quest he slapped a request on the public board with a minor col reward for helping him through the desert. Naturally the universal language of money caused him to get a response rather quickly. He sent the location to meet up to the player named "Hirru" which was at the capital's edge. He had been waiting there ever since he set up the request, idly drinking from a water skin now and then. The heat was a pain but not unbareable. His dark brown eyes looking towards the city expectantly as he reached up and scratched an itch in his dark brown hair which came down to his shoulders.

Edited by Kalesh
Changing title to mention the quest

Hirru was on the first floor after having a long talk with a friend.  It was around that time that he received an message from someone.  It was about that request for a quest.  Hirru was wondering what was going on with that, but got his answer was right here in front of him.  The message was from a Kalesh, and he wanted them to meet on the Fifth Floor at the cities edge.  Having just gone through a hellish time in the teleporter, he really didn't want to take it again, but it would be a full weeks walk to go through every dungeon on every floor.  Taking his chances, Hirru walked up to the portal and called out,

"Warp! Armadillo!"

"Why is it so hot?!"

Hirru's automatic response after he landed in the portal square for Armadillo, the central city for the 5th floor.  He had heard about the atmosphere of the 5th floor, but didn't really want to think about it.  Now, he had to deal with it, as the heat from the desert floor swept throught the streets, causing him to wish that he wasn't wearing such hot armor.  Reaching the destination, Hirru noticed a rather plain looking character in a small hood.  He's seen his kind before, and hoped that he was nice.  Hirru waved at the man.

"Hello, you must be Kalesh?  Nice to meet you!"

Kalesh was getting rather heated by this point, the hood only doing so much to keep the sun off him on this warm floor. When he heard his name being called out he glanced over to the side and grinned, happily making sure his face was revealed as he said "Yup! That's me, you are Hirru I take it?" He slung a beginner's greatsword over his shoulder, large weapons not being very compatible with scabbards so he just carried it around. He met Hirru part way and held out his hand for a handshake, his eyes quickly glancing up just over Hirru's head and then back to his face. "Nice to meet you too. Ready to spend two days in the desert?" He chuckled to himself since he doubted either of them would find the trip too relaxing. Thankfully the reward would be worth it to him, and he had bought a potion just in case.

"That I am!"

Hirru took Kalesh's hand in his and shook heartily.  Hirru was noticeably friendly as he grinned from ear to ear.  If it wasn't for the fact that he looked like a green haired Davy Crockett, he would be enjoying this encounter, but the heat was going to get to him sooner or later. As they finished, Hirru noticed the broadsword and felt that there should be a sheath to that thing, but since the inventory was also a thing in this world, he decided not to go into it.

"Wait.. what?  Two days!"

His head hung high as he sighed heavily.  Surely it didn't have to be that way.  From the guys description from the post, it sounded like a quick 'kill it and win' situation.  He had only heard of the <<Traveller>> quest from someone else.  He didn't know it would take two days to get to wherever they needed to go!  Impatience was going to get him into quite a few battles.

"FFFFFFFFffffffffffffffine!  Let's get this party started!" 

Kalesh snickered at his reaction, happily popping through his inventory and retrieving the information broker book he had and flipped to the right page. "The location seems to be different for different players, but it seems to be always a day's trip there, and then back." He turns the page to Hirru to prove he wasn't making stuff up. Satisfied he had made his point he returns the book to his inventory and gestured towards the desert. "It's in that direction, what we are looking for."

With the confusion settled he tapped through the menus and invited Hirru to his party, then equipping his helmet and shifting the weight of his claymore-sized sword a little while waiting for it to be accepted. "Now, since I am the weaker party, and the one paying you-" Kalesh winks "I'd like you to walk in front so the threats aggro you first." He smiled as friendly as he could. The actual reason was to prevent himself from getting stabbed in the back, but having a solid strategic excuse was good too. "I'll make sure we stay on track!"

"Meh, sounds good to me."

Anything to get this thing started.  If not, he would probably go on ahead anyway.  Hirru had not explored this floor yet, trying to go in sequence, but that wasn't turning out well now, wasn't it!  Having found no solace in getting away from the heat, and having to carry on for a day making it even better, Hirru pulled out a thing of water and drank slowly, and would be doing so until they got there.

Accepting the party, Hirru noticed the small HP bar underneath his, but wouldn't be able to see what it actually was.  That wouldn't be too hard from the gear that Kalesh had on.  Having fiddled around with everything that they could, they started off in the direction that Kalesh would point.  Hirru, being the more durable, went first.

Some time later...

"Are we there yet..."

[ID# 28128 results: Craft: 10]

As the time passed he had sipped through his water skin, pouring the last over the top of his head before throwing the item aside where it shattered like enemies would. Hearing Hirru's question he sighed and glanced up at the sky. The sun had been baring down on them for a nice long while so he wasn't quite as cheery as earlier. "Nope, not yet... It'll be about dusk when we arrive I think." He shrugged weakly, having switched which shoulder carried his sword's weight a few times as they walked.

It seemed that impatience was abound so he tried to replace the empty void of the desert with small talk. "So, you not a fan of the heat?" He went through his inventory and retrieved another water skin. "I'm more of an ice guy myself. I mean, hot is nice too, but if I was slightly too hot or slightly too cold, I'd rather be too cold." He glanced up at the sky as if impatiently watching a clock.

Edited by Kalesh

((We need to start rolling the CD as we are in the desert right now))

[ID: 28067][BD = 4][CD = 3][MD = 1]

Having the conversation change from nothing in particular to something was a change that he needed.  The heat from whatever was so damn hot was killing him.  Though, he preferred this to the blistering cold of the Fourth Floor.  Though, to be exact...

"Kinda don't like either.. I loved the climates of the first three floors, where the only adverse weather was a rainstorm."

Hirru said as he pulled the bottle of water, that had been drained for a while, out and threw it to the ground.  It shattered instantly, but something didn't seem right about the area where he hit.  As he looked on, the sand began to twist and turn until a rather large scorpion appeared from the sands.

<<Scorpion>> HP 16 | DMG 2 | PLZ 1

Its tail went straight for Hirru, but he made his attack at the same time, parrying each other.  Hirru jumped back before yelling towards Kalesh.

"Finally, some action!  Stay behind me, and don't attack until I tell you to!  I don't want you to attract its aggro."  

[Hirru - 31/31]
[Kalesh - 13/13]

[Scorpion - 16/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Hirru

[ID# 28129 results: Craft: 9]

As Hirru spoke he nodded in understanding, it was only the most reasonable way of thinking. Kalesh himself was a little odd in that department. "That weather is fine and good, but I dunno, normal temperature is just... not stimulating enough I guess. I prefer the stimulation if that makes sense." He chuckles to himself until he noticed the scorpion reveal itself.

Naturally the first thing he did was draw his blade and nod at the more experienced player's order. "Understood." He said plainly while grasping the blade in both hands, staring at the monster in wait for his chance to strike, or at least try to. He stayed behind, but slightly to the side so he had a path to the mob.

[Hirru - 31/31]
[Kalesh - 13/13]

[Scorpion - 16/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Kalesh

[ID: 28131][BD = 9][CD = 6][MD = 8-2=6]

Hirru was glad that Kalesh could take orders.  Though, not that he had any problems with anyone that didn't, he just wanted to make sure that he was the brunt of this things damage, if it could touch him.  Speaking of which, the scorpion looked to be ready for an attack.  It scuttled for a bit, sizing up its prey as it snapped its pincers.  When it thought it had an openning, it lunged forward.. and caught Hirru with the tip of its claw. (2 DMG)

"Grr.."

Hirru growled at it before using his speed to his advantage, he got behind where that claw was and performed a <<Slant>> on it, causing it to be cut off.  (5 DMG) Backing off, the scorpion followed his movements.  Good, it was keeping its attention on him, but to be safe, Hirru yelled out.

"Don't attack yet, it can easily hate you if you crit it!"

[Hirru - 29/31][Hate - 2]
[Kalesh - 13/13]

[Scorpion - 11/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Hirru

[ID#28132: CD: 7]

Kalesh blinked in surprise but nodded, tsking in frustration at just being a bystander for now but he stared at the scorpion, hand clenched around his blade. He respected Hirru's plan but he said in warning. "I am going in after the next attack! I have a potion, I don't mind getting hit once or twice." He glared at the mob and lifted his blade slightly in preparation for when he ran into the fight.

He found himself fairly impressed by Hirru's attack however, the mob losing a considerable chunk of its hp while Hirru himself lost far less. He tried to keep himself from getting distracted but considered how he'd plan to match that power someday.

[Hirru - 29/31][Hate - 2]
[Kalesh - 13/13]

Edited by Kalesh

((Not gonna lie.. I was envious of that 10, cause my solo is having A LOT of missing while the wasp is criticals everytime))

[ID: 28134][BD = 4][CD = 7][MD = 10-2= 8]

"That's what I'm planning on!"

Hirru called out in response.  Truly, he wanted to get a bigger aggro set on him, but the world could turn anything around.  He would have to make this quick, if they wanted to get going, and find this cache before the day ends.  Though, they would have to get through the blistering heat before all that, and even then, there could always be more mobs to deal with.

The scorpion clicked its only pincer several times, trying to intimidate Hirru, but he was having none of it...

That feeling was what brought this event along.  Trying to get into the striking zone of the scorpion, Hirru got too close to the scorpion when it could strike faster than he could.  The stinger hit Hirru straight in the chest, and he was blasted back, laying prone on the ground. (4 DMG)  Feeling a little dazed, he tried to get up, but nothing would budge.  That's when he saw something familiar [Paralysis duration 1]  Luckily, he could still move his head, and tried to yell out..

"Okay!  Attack now!"  

((See what I mean))

[Hirru - 25/31][Hate - 2][Paralyzed - 1 turn]
[Kalesh - 13/13]

Edited by Hirru

[ID: 28142][BD = 8][CD = 3]

((You may want to consider that bugs just don't like you!))

Kalesh watched as Hirru was grounded, nodding without hesitation as he ran after the scorpion that still had its aggro trained on the prone player. "That was the plan!" He didn't care if he did get aggro, if an ally gets paralyzed or stunned in some way, it is only natural to attempt to protect them! This attack however did make it fairly clear how strong a single monster could suddenly turn the tables. Underestimating them could lead to disaster!

Kalesh closed the gap as swiftly as he could, standing to the enemy's right as he brought his blade down in a chop. The blade cut into the scorpion's carapace covered back, leaving it with a touch less HP thankfully. A part of Kalesh figured he might even start to bounce off the stronger enemy's natural armor. "So that's the paralysis I've heard so much about?" He clenched his jaw, it seemed lethal as all hell if comboed into.

[Hirru - 25/31][Hate - 2][Paralyzed - 1 turn]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 1]

[Scorpion - 9/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Kalesh

((Don't you dare jinx this...))

[ID: 28153][BD = 7][CD = 3][MD = 9]

Hirru could do nothing, but watch as the two handed sword user named Kalesh went in, and took a small chunk out of the scorpions health, but it didn't end there.  The scorpion, now ticked off, kept its attention towards Hirru and attacked... with its tail.. again.

Hirru could feel the numbing agent go away, and was about to get back up, if it wasn't for that paralysis toxin!  Hirru couldn't even attack, which killed his mood even faster.  He was having none of this, and would have to make a mental note to disregard all bugs later in life.

"Well, this sand couldn't be any hotter... oh wait.. IT IS!!"

Hirru sighed as he lay sprawled in the sand.

"See what you can do with this thing."

((I swear...))

[Hirru - 22/31][Hate - 2]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 1]

[Scorpion - 9/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Hirru

[ID: 28155][BD = 6][CD = 6]

Kalesh groaned in frustration, re-closing the gab between himself and the monster and up over his head for another downward swing. It was fairly stressful seeing his party member get paralyzed a second time in a row. Either the creature had a fair chunk of luck, or the venom was very potent he supposed. Either way he was annoyed at the monster for ignoring his attack "I'm trying!"

With his blade sinking into the monster's carapace again, doing as much damage as before, he figured the creature could go either way on who he was angry at... keeping in mind that Hirru had done no damage in two turns he tried to take a step back, just in case. 

[Hirru - 22/31][Hate - 2] (You forgot to take damage last turn~)
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

[Scorpion - 7/16][Target - Hirru/Kalesh]

Edited by Kalesh

((Updated that post.. thanks for the reminder.. kinda stuck on the paralysis part.. Also, the LD will tell who gets hit.  1-10 Hirru / 11-20 Kalesh))

[ID: 28162][BD = 8][CD = 4][LD = 2][MD = 2 ]

Hirru watched Kalesh do as much damage as he could to the scorpion, a blip.  Well, it was better than nothing he thought to himself.  As long as the bugger didn't do anything that would cause severe rage to ensue, he would be fine with it.  That being said, the sand was still as hot as a beach that had no water around.  Oh wait...

The scorpion.. went after Hirru and tried to snap at it with its pincer, but it missed the target as his paralysis finally came to an end.  Quickly jumping back to his feet as he shook off the numbness, Hirru readied his blade for vengeance.

"Alright, big shot.. you're mine now!"

A quick step around the creature was enough to distract it and he sliced through the carapace of the scorpion, causing a fair cry to come out.

[Hirru - 22/31][Hate - 3]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

[Scorpion - 3/16][Target - Hirru]

Edited by Hirru

[ID: 28163][BD = 4][CD = 2]

He watched as Hirru hopped up and countered all the punishment he had gotten, surprised he could act so fast after having jut been paralyzed, grinning slightly as he said "Welcome back to the battle!" He took a breath and glanced at the monster's health bar. He was very in the red. He wasn't supremely confident he could, but he had every intent of trying to finish the monster off before it could paralyze anyone else.

The monster however had other plans, rather than taking a cut from him for the third time in a row, the bug moved to the side, avoiding his sword's range while circling its target. "Tsk. You got this!" He grinned to Hirru while readying his blade. Just in case. The sun and wind felt really rough for a moment but died down just before it could cause him any real trouble thankfully.

[Hirru - 22/31][Hate - 3]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

Edited by Kalesh

[ID: 28162][BD = 4][CD = 8][MD = 10 ]

"Alright, let's finish this!"

Hirru called out to the scorpion as he rushed in to kill the beast.  Though, it would have been much more cool looking to have finished it himself, he over shot his chance and got hit.. by the stinger... again. (4 DMG)(PLZ 1 turn) Falling to the ground, Hirru contemplated life as he knew it.  As the hot sands of time crawled into his soul, Hirru could feel his sanity slowly falling.

"Well yes Mr. Penguin.. I'M FRIGID!"

[Hirru - 18/31][Hate - 3]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

Edited by Hirru

[ID28166][BD = 4][CD = 5]

Kalesh watched as Hirru got nailed by the stinger, managing a slight sigh as he shook his head and gently placed his hand into his palm. Recomposing himself he aimed his blade towards the monster and took a long breath, charging towards the monster while clenching his hands around the blade's handle!

Kalesh hissed as the light of the sun and the wind of the desert got in his eyes, letting the scorpion to dodge in the same manner it had just a moment ago, dodging death yet again as he said "Stop running and take my greatsword you oversized bug!" He lacked any hate skills to really draw its attention, his frustrated taunting doing less than nothing.

[Hirru - 18/31][Hate - 3]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

Edited by Kalesh

[ID: 28168][BD = 10][CD = 2][LD = 3][MD = 10]

Hirru was quite beside himself.  Mr. Penguin was having a tea party in the distance with Mr. Fluffybottoms and Tinklebutton, and he was invited, but he couldn't move because of the DAMN ICE. (paralysis venom)  Trying to figure a way out, a giant snow creature came towards him with big, huge mittens!

"Are you here to free me from my slumber?"

The creature shook its head before poking Hirru with a candy cane.  The feeling of frigid cold crept up on him as he was encased in even more ice.

"Thanks for nothing, Giant Cranberry!"

In reality

Hirru was struck by the stinger of the scorpion again, and continued on his incessant rant of a "Giant Cranberry".

[Hirru - 14/31][Hate - 3][Paralyzed 1 turn]
[Kalesh - 13/13]
[Hate - 2]

Edited by Hirru