F4-PP: «Feeding the Enemy» Complete!

Beoreson heard that there was a quest to get familiars. He decided that he wanted a frost wolf of some kind or another. He thought of places that might have some snow. His first thought was floor four. He knew that it would be to dangerous to go alone. He thought for a moment about who would go with him. He came to the conclusion that Mack most likely would. He knew that Mack had already gotten a familiar so he would know what to do. The young warrior went to the old gypsy that gave out the quest and grabbed it real quick. The young warrior stopped by the blond soldier's shop. "Hey, Mack can I ask a favor? I need some help with the familiar quest." the young, warrior asks politely. 

Edited by Beoreson

"Why would you want a familiar," Mack asked, after Beoreson had explained what it was that he was after. "Chewie doesn't exactly do much," the blacksmith continued, gesturing with a massive hand towards the grizzly cub on the ground. Chewie, for his part, growled menacingly and then charged Beoreson. Reaching the side of the other warrior, the cub popped up on his hind legs and began to paw at the man with paws that seemed far too large for his body. The bear opened and closed his mouth, giving a clear indicator that he knew Beoreson had food and that said food needed to be shared forthwith.

"Company. I also, would like something to talk to. As talking to yourself can result in being labeled as a "mentally unstable" person." the warrior states the last part jokingly to the blond soldier. He also does the quotation marks with his hands. The raven haired warrior pulls out a piece of bread. "Hey Mack does Chewie know any tricks?" asks the raven haired, warrior. If Mack answers yes, Beoreson tries to make the bear cub do the trick. If Chewi doesn't know any tricks, he just gives the cub the piece of bread.

"Yeah, he's real good at the make the treat disappear trick," the blacksmith rumbled in a low tone. Chewie, for his part, had absolutely not missed the fact that a loaf of bread had appeared and the tawny bear cub's eyes greedily followed the progress of the morsel through the air. When it wasn't handed over to him fast enough for his liking, Chewie began to swap more insistently at Beoreson. That bread was rightfully his, why else would the dark-haired man have produced it. "I wouldn't tease him too much with food, he might bite you and I won't be held responsible for that. When do you want to leave to go and get your pet?"

The young warrior gives the bear cub the treat. He then, pats the cub on the head before, it scampers off. The young warrior looks at the clock and sees that it is 19:49. "You got to tend to the shop, right? I wanted to leave at 20:30 that way the sun has gone down. We are going to be trying to catch a wolf pup and wolves are nocturnal." states the warrior as he explains his reasoning. "I think that if we manage to find a den and draw the wolves out one by one we may be able to get a cub." says the warrior as he explains his plan.

"We can start now, if you want," the smith said, shrugging his broad shoulders. Chewie, meanwhile, had happily accepted the food offering and quickly made off back to his straw bed near the forge with the treat clenched in his teeth, lest someone should decide they might want to take it away from him. From his corner of the shop the sounds of some grain based carnage could clearly be heard as the cub plowed through the food. "I'm ready whenever you are, ice wolves shouldn't be too hard to deal with, especially for the two of us. You will need a basic food item to feed the critters though when you try to tame them."

"Alright, we should be fine to leave whenever then. We might catch one or two of them sleeping still." States the young warrior. He thinks for a second  "Do you need to grab anything?" asks the raven haired warrior. "I already got some food items. Picked them up before showing up here." says the warrior. The warrior scans the store for anything he might need. "Can I barrow that suit of chain mail? I already have points in heavy armor." inquires the young, raven haired warrior.

"Borrow? Just take it," Mack said, indicating the suit of armor with a careless wave of his hand. "It's been sitting there for weeks. Good quality items just don't sell all that well." Chewie, hearing the magical word food and having finished with his first treat, poked his snout back around the corner of the forge. He knew what the word food meant. Everyone knew what the word food meant. "Bed," Mack said in a commanding tone, snapping his fingers and pointing at the cub's straw bed. "Stay here, I'll be back later tonight." Looking deeply hurt, as only a bear cub could, Chewie turned in a circle and collapsed on the straw mat in a huff. The bear wasn't really too chuffed about staying behind, but he did want more food. He always wanted more food. It was a curse.

"Thanks Mack." The young, warrior then, picks up the thing of chain and equips it. "That cub is always hungry. I hope the pup I get isn't." states the warrior. He then, fixes the sheath on his back to be secured about three inch lower then normal. "I know that it may look a little dumb, but it makes drawing a sword a lot easier." says the warrior and, to his point it did look a little funny. "The fourth floor has already been unlocked so, all we need to do is walk to the teleporter." says the warrior as he fixes his armor.

((I found out that it is rather a pain in the butt, to draw a sword from you're back,))

"Chewie never saw anything that could be devoured that he didn't want to eat. He also never saw anything that could be eaten that he wasn't completely sure was his by rights," Mack said reasonably. To the bear cub's way of thinking about things, he was sure that the logic was perfectly sound, even if it did mean that his familiar was more of a pig than an actual bear. Pulling up his inventory, Mack switched out his clothing for the white armor of Angelic Sheath. "This is your quest," he rumbled, removing the face mask and peeling back the hood of the armor. "Lead the way."

The warrior nodded and headed out towards the teleporter, "Hey, Mack I got a question to ask you. It's about when you where in the army. Nothin, to personal." says the warrior as the headed though the busy streets. If the blond soldier doesn't mind him asking, the young warrior will ask, "What, was you're mos? I know I made fun of you the other day about it. But, I have no idea that it is.". If the blond soldier does mind him asking he will respond, "Aight I understand."

They arrive at the teleporter and, Beoreson steps onto the platform and selects the fourth floor. There is a blinding, white flash as he is teleported up a few floors. When the young warrior opens his eyes after the flash, He sees that there is snow all around him. There is the chill of the cold wind on his skin. Good thing he often forgot his jacket, otherwise he would be freezing. Well he was freezing but, he knew how to manage it. "Hey, Mack try not to get lost in the snow. If i lose sight of you, I probably won't find you." states the warrior, as he scans the area. He sees that they are in an old timely district of cottages. He also, notices a road leaving the area. Mack would probably notice that he was in leader mode now.

OOC: I'm working on getting in as a 56A, if you care. :)

"Started off as a thirteen-echo, still technically in as a thirteen-zulu," the blacksmith rumbled, following Beoreson through the town in the direction of the portal plaza that would allow them to move quickly up to the fourth floor without having to pass through every single dungeon between where they were in the City of Beginnings and Snowfrost Town which was the main settlement three floors up. When they arrived at the portal's location they had to wait in a short queue before being able to head on up to their final destination since Beoreson was after a special kind of wolf that called the fourth floor home. A gentle snow was wafting down from the sky when they emerged onto the fourth floor from the portal.

"Looks like you didn't consider that snow means cold," Mack rumbled. He produced a black winter hat and a black balaclava from his inventory and tossed them to Beoreson. Since the other warrior was neither pretty, nor female, nor Piera, the blonde man kept the hooded cloak and face mask that was part of the Angelic Sheath for himself. "Lead the way."

((Cool, always good for there to be chaplain about. I'll spawn a mob or two next turn))

"Good to hear, and sorry for calling you a 11j, I was trying to get you pumped for the fight." states the young warrior.The young warrior tossed the winter hat and balaclava back to the snowtrooper. Yep, Mack looked like a snowtrooper."I'm fine, I've dealt with colder temperatures. I've lived in much colder places. H*ll, I use to make snow angels in my underwear." The raven haired warrior states rather seriously. Mack would most likely notice that he is no longer shivering."The first minute or two always sucks." states the young warrior. He then, starts walking along the road. The road leads to some rolling hills and there are several snow dunes. The wind is pretty bad and, he can't be sure if the wolves where howling or if it is just the wind.

Mack caught the items as Beoreson flipped them back to him. If the dark haired man didn't want the items, that was his own business. Mack tapped each of them and stored them in his inventory. "I also prefer the cold weather to hot weather," the gigantic axe-man said as his breathe fogged in the air in front of him as a result of the cold in the air. But, just because he preferred the cold weather that didn't mean he wanted to freeze while he was out in it. After all, cold weather gear existed for a reason. Happily, the Angelic Sheath excelled at keeping him warm in the cold weather and cool in the hot weather since it breathed much better than most heavy armor would have. 

((If, you think we need a second wolf you can spawn in another one.))

ID# 28329 MD:2

Beoreson's HP:29

Mack's HP:35

Wolf:25

The young, warrior broke from the path and walked though the snow."I think there might be a den there." states the warrior as he heads towards a large dune a few about half a klick away. The snow was started getting deeper with every step. They made it about half way to the dune before hearing a blood curdling howl. "Hey, Mack. I think they know we are here." states the young warrior. The young warrior draws Shadowsteel with the soft sound of metal on wood. The young warrior takes a few steps forward then, he is suddenly attacked from a large, furry creature. A rather large, white coated wolf flies though the air towards the warrior. Beoreson managed to throw his sword up between him and the beast. The wolf bites down on the sword and the warrior grabs the flat of the blade with his other hand.

OOC: My HP is 40 :) I have the Survival Skill which grants a +5 bonus.

ID: 28331
BD: 4 (3+1)
Mack: 40/40
Beoreson: 29/29
Wolf: 25/25

"What kind of questing companion would I be if I took the honor of the first strike on the first mob in your quest," Mack called from his position slightly behind Beoreson, watching as the wolf sprang at the other warrior. He swung Guillotine down off of his shoulder and considered the weapon for a moment before planting its iron butt cap in the snow to lean on the weapon and watch the fight. He'd jump in momentarily, as soon as Beoreson landed a hit. Or as soon as the blonde man got tired of waiting for the wolf to die. "You want me to find the den for you? I bet there's a den mother in there twice the size of this one. She'll be super pissed to see us," the big axe-man continued in a dry, wry tone.

((The minute I unequipped viper's kiss, I started getting crits...))

ID# 28333 BD:10

Mack: 40/40
Beoreson: 29/29 (2 hate)
Wolf: 19/25 -6 damage

Beoreson battles for control of the blade with the wolf. "Not a very good one." states the warrior as he twist the blade completely around. The wolf let's go as to not kill itself. The young warrior takes his blade and stabs the wolf's underbelly. The wolf yips in pain as being stabbed  is rather bothersome. The warrior then, rolls out from under the wolf. He stands up and goes into a defensive stance."Sounds good to me. I just love multiple hostile mobs." says the warrior with a grin.

ID: 28336
BD: 11 (10+1)
Mack: 40/40 (2 Hate)
Beoreson: 29/29 (2 hate)
Wolf: 11/25 -8 damage

Mack stifled a yawn as he watched Beoreson fight with the wolf. After the other warrior landed a nice clean critical hit on the animal Mack felt it would be alright if he stepped in as well to offer assistance. As the wolf had it's back to the gigantic blonde axe-wielder Mack made a ludicrously over acted set of actions as he snuck up on the wolf, tiptoeing through the snow. Then, raising Guillotine high over his head so that the polished steel blade glittered in the moonlight of the fourth level, he slammed the blade down on the wolf's back, opening a wicked gash in the canine's back that began to bleed freely, dripping crimson droplets of life-giving liquid into the pure white snow.

ID# 28392 BD:4+2=6 MD:9

Beoreson's HP:29-4+1=26[3hate]

Mack's HP:40 [2hate]

Wolf's HP:11-6=5 (2 bleed, 4 from attack)

The wolf's wound continued to bleed profusely. The blood turning the snow around the wolf into a rather messy area. The young warrior decided that he might as well rush the beast. "Hey, Mack nice back stab." states the warrior. He then, charges at the beast. Much to his own surprise he doesn't fall on his face. He swing his sword in a low arc. The slash managed to clip the wolf as it dodge to avoid the entire blow. The wolf growls and looks at the raven haired warrior. Now that the warrior ha aggravated the beast it launched an attack of it's own. The wolf leaped at the raven haired warrior as he had somehow managed to draw the most aggro. The wolf caught the warrior off guard as it didn't give any warning that it was about to attack. The wolf bit down on the young warrior's shoulder. Beoreson grunted in pain.

ID: 28402
BD: 6 (4+1 Charm+1 Concentration)
LD: 1
Wolf: Dead

As Mack stepped back he watched Beoreson engage the wolf. The dark haired man succeeded in landing yet another blow on the creature. It was nice to see the guy finally being able to hit something. As the wolf dodged, to avoid the worst of the attack that Beoreson was raining down on it, the creature inadvertently strayed directly into Mack's path. With a tight-lipped grin, Mack swung Guillotine down on the canine's neck. The blow landed with enough force to completely sever the creature's head, which bounced in the snow before everything evaporated into pixels. Reaching down, Mack plucked a crafting material from the crimson snow drift and tossed it to Beoreson. "Shall we move on?"