[PP-F1] Road to the Top (Kiseki and Mack)

Kiseki: 11/11
Wolf1: 6/6
Wolf2: 6/6

Training alone can be a problem sometimes. Kiseki was attempting to fight a lone wolf he followed, but apparently he was sorta tricked. Once the wolf laid eyes on Kiseki, it howled bringing another wolf to him. Kiseki held his scimitar with one hand and kept it in front of him with his free hand ready for anything. He stared the two wolves down and kept his eyes on his health bar as well. He didn't see any other players earlier. He'll probably have to deal with this himself. It's only two wolves. Kiseki has handled them 1 on 1, but he was still unsure when it came to 1v2.

"Great..." he'd say to himself.

ID: 28513
LD: 2

A short distance away from where Kiseki was in the forest, Mack swung his steel-headed bearded axe, Guillotine, into a tree with a dull thunk. The smith was out and about collecting crafting materials again today. A never ending job to collect what needed to be collected so that the day's crafting attempts could be completed. With an angry growl, the blonde man tugged the axe free after yet another failed attempt to gain the crafting materials. He was just readying the axe for another swing when the sounds of battle between man and wolf reached his ears. Curious, Mack set off through the forest and was soon at the site of a battle between a low level player and an equally low-level pair of wolves.

"Give a shout if you need help," the warrior called out, leaning on Guillotine and watching the match.

Kiseki: 11/11
Wolf1: 6/6

Kiseki was watching the wolves carefully. He heard somebody call out to him and signaled a thumbs up. He was gonna try fight on his own for a bit, but once his health is halfway, he's gonna need the help. Good thing Kiseki knows his limits.

One of the wolf ran in at Kiseki. It jumped and tried to bite at Kiseki's face. Kiseki noticed in time and brought his left arm up to block the bite. Probably not the best idea, but it was better than the face. The wolf let go after noticing an attempted swing by Kiseki. He focused on the other wolf noticing it was going for his legs. He quickly took a step to the side allowing to to run pass him. He'd turn and swing but the wolf jumped back out of Kiseki's reach. He jumped back allowing some distance between him and the wolves.

"Well I guess I'm gonna need the help after all" Kiseki would say to himself. He turned towards the man who called out to him and would wave at him. Kiseki was hoping the man would come down.

Kiseki: 10/11 (-1)

-ID: 28515-

• MD: 7
  • BD: 4

-ID: 28516-

• MD: 5
  • BD: 4

ID: 28800
BD: 6 (5+1)
LD: 20
Mack: 44/44 (Hate: 1)
Kiseki: 10/11
Wolf1: 0/6 (-6 Dam.)

After he had extracted Guillotine from the tree he was working on harvesting crafting materials from Mack swung the blade of the bearded axe around again and buried it in the tree with a solid thunk. This time, there was a spray of wood chips and a piece of lumber that he could use for crafting separated itself from the tree. Nodding to himself, Mack picked up the piece of lumber and had just finished adding it to his inventory when he heard the man fighting the wolves call out for a spot of help. Shouldering Guillotine, Mack lumbered down the hill and barreled into one of the two wolves. The hardened steel blade of his axe flashed and one of the wolves was neatly bisected down the middle before exploding into pixels.

"Let me know if you want me to take care of the other one too," the blonde man called in a carrying tone to Kiseki as the second wolf began to try to nip at the axe-man's heels without much effect. "It'll attack me now, at least until you land a hit."

Mack: 44/44

"Good to know" Kiseki responded. "Pretty disappointing I'm having trouble against wolves" Kiseki joked. "I'm not entirely comfortable with the combat system yet. Hopefully I could still deal with one wolf." 

Kiseki ran in at the remaining wolf while it was focused on Mack. He front kicked the wolf causing it to yelp. While the mob remained stunned from the surprise kick, Kiseki dashed and sliced two diagonal strikes that formed an X. The wolf quickly recovered and jumped at Kiseki with its fangs ready to bite his face. Kiseki sacrificed his free arm by putting it in front of his face to block the attack. The wolf would chomp its fangs onto Kiseki's arm causing Kiseki to watch his health bar drop. He kicked the wolf back causing it to let go. There was some distance between the two now.

"So if you want to finish it off, be my guest. It's up to you" Kiseki told Mack. He seemed like he wanted to get the fight over with.

Kiseki: 9/11 (-1)
Wolf2: 3/6 (-2)(-1)

-ID: 28802-

• BD: 9
  • MD: 6
Edited by Kiseki

ID: 28804
LD: 5
MD: 8
Mack: 43/44 (-1 Dam.)
Kiseki: 9/11
Wolf: 1/6 (-2 Thorns)

"If I kill it, you won't get any loot," Mack said in a steady tone, turning to the nearest tree and burying the blade of Guillotine into its trunk. Sadly, this time, nothing happened. As Mack had made his attempt to harvest some crafting materials from the tree he had turned his back, deliberately, on the wolf. The canine creature had seized the opportunity and pounced. Just as quickly, the animal yelped and released the gigantic axe-man. It had dealt exactly one point worth of damage to the blonde warrior. "It would take this wolf all day to kill me. Take your time, kill it, get your loot. I'm not going anywhere."

Mack: 43/44
Wolf2: 1/6

"Thanks man. One more hit would do" said Kiseki.

He'd bend his knees a little and kept his scimitar forward. He whistled alerting the wolf. As soon as it turned, Kiseki gestured a taunt at it. The wolf snarled and ran towards him. Kiseki watched as the distance was pretty far. He'd keep his stance ready and as soon as the wolf jumped at him, Kiseki made a diagonal slash on the wolf's face. The wolf would glow and shatter into pixels. A menu would pop up and show Kiseki's loot. It was a little bit of Col. Kiseki would accept the items and notice a change in his level. It made him less stress.

"Hey man thanks a lot for the help. I'm Kiseki, what's your name?" he'd ask the player who helped.

Wolf2: -1/6 (-2)

-ID: 28845-

• BD: 8
  • LD: 15

+30 Col

Edited by Kiseki

ID: 28851
LD: 14

Mack was in the process of harvesting crafting materials from the forest again, though he did pause from the search for craftable loot long enough to watch Kiseki finish dispatching the wolf that was his opponent. As the creature was dissolving into pixels and Kiseki was collecting his loot from the combat, Mack went back to chopping at his chosen tree, burying Guillotine in the digital greenery with a solid sounding thunk. Unfortunately, there was no indication from the game that Mack had succeeded in harvesting a crafting material from this attempt. Sighing, the hulking blonde man turned his attention back to Kiseki.

"Don't worry about it, name's Mack," the blonde man said, planting the butt cap of Guillotine in the ground and leaning on the dull top portion of the steel blade head. "You look like you could use some better gear."

Kiseki watched as the man finished up with chopping the wood. After noticing the man stopping and suddenly sighing, Kiseki figured that it must suck collecting materials. Eventually the man who was named Mack was mentioning Kiseki's equipment. It was something Kiseki wasn't really proud off, but he's been sticking with it until he found a chance. He may get one right here right now.

"Yeah. I plan on doing a quest where I get custom armor so that's out of the way. This blade though, pretty dull compared all the others I've seen on players." Kiseki spun his scimitar around and sheathed it on the scabbard attached to his back. "So what kind of gear do you sell? I use curved blades and light armor."

"I can forge you just about anything you want," Mack replied, still leaning on the top of his axe as he spoke with Kiseki. "I've actually got an uncommon curved sword at the shop right now, adds bleed damage whenever you land a critical hit. You can have it, if you come by and trade me your beginning weapon," the burly blacksmith continued. Kiseki was another low level player that needed better gear in order to survive. "I can also forge you some quality armor, if you're looking for better gear."

"I appreciate the offer, but I can't accept anything like that. I don't plan on leaving the first floor until I get better gear and I'm a higher level. I know you're trying to help, but right now I'm all focused on training." Kiseki took a moment to think. "You know, you could train me if you're fine with it. I mean I won't be using your type of weapon, but you could give me tips on fighting mobs here and on the upper floor." Kiseki would wait for a response. He would have accepted the gear and could of, but he'd rather get his own equipment on his own. A stubborn part of him.

"Fine with me, I'm going to be out here chopping down the forest for a bit anyway," Mack replied, shrugging his shoulders. If Kiseki wasn't interested in free gear, that was his own decision to make. The burly blonde blacksmith knew he couldn't force anyone to take better gear for free. "I can try to harvest crafting materials from any tree in the forest though, so lead the way and I'll tag along and step in if necessary," the axe-wielder said, still leaning unconcernedly on his axe. Part of being a member of the Crimson Blades was helping lower level players, and Kiseki certainly qualified there so even though there was no pay involved, probably, it was a worthwhile thing to do.

"Lets see here, I just gained a level. Might as well head deeper into the forest for stronger mobs" Kiseki suggested.

He ended up wandering off somewhere assuming that Mack could follow along. A couple stronger wolves shouldn't have Kiseki struggling. Either way he was relieved Mack was there so he could help out when the opponents are way pass Kiseki's limit. He was also relieved that Mack was okay with Kiseki refusing the gear. Sure it would have helped, but it also would have backfired. For one thing, Kiseki doesn't know Mack so he may ask Kiseki to do something he doesn't want to do. That's pretty doubtful though. It's mainly the stubborn fact that Kiseki wants to get his gear his own way.

"Any idea what kind of wolves lie deeper into the forest?" Kiseki would ask.

Mack considered the question posed by Kiseki as the pair of them wandered deeper into the forest, the sunlight now only filtering down to the ground in bits and pieces. "When I was your level I ran across a pretty good-sized pack of wolves with a couple of other warriors. It's always possible we'll get pack swarmed, but I can tank and draw aggro if that happens. Even with a pack of the beasts it would take them a good while to actually kill me," the axe-man rumbled. "There are rumors that stronger beasts reside in the forest, but I find that hard to believe since this is just the first floor, we're still quite close to the Town of Beginnings, and we're nowhere near the dungeon."

"I guess that means that I shouldn't run into any huge trouble." Kiseki would draw out his scimitar as he walks. He noticed a couple of wolves ahead and would look over at Mack. "Hey I'm gonna go fight those guys right now. I'll call you out if I need the help."

Kiseki: 13/13
Wolf1: 7/7
Wolf2: 7/7

Kiseki whistled alerting the wolves of his presence. The wolf snarled and charged at Kiseki. It leaped towards his head for a bite attack, but Kiseki brought his free arm up and took the noncritical damage. While the wolf hung onto his arm, Kiseki slashed twice at its body causing it to eventually let go. He made some distance knowing the second wolf would attack.

Kiseki: 12/13 (-1)
Wolf1: 4/7 (-2)(-1)

-ID: 28909-

• MD: 7
  • BD: 9
Edited by Kiseki

ID: 28914
LD: 9

"Sounds good," Mack rumbled. As Kiseki moved to engage the wolves Mack took up a position nearby and watched the beginning of the engagement. "I wouldn't have alerted them first," he called out by way of offering advice. "They're computer generated animals in a death game. Try to sneak in as close as you can get and then ambush them next time." That job of offering advice done, Mack turned to the nearest tree that would let him still stay close enough to help with the fight, if necessary. Swinging Guillotine down off of his shoulder, he buried the axe in the lumber with a solid thunk, but no crafting materials appeared.

Wolf1: 4/7

Even though there was some distance, Kiseki managed to hear Mack's advise. Now is he gonna follow it? Probably not. In Kiseki's eyes, these wolves aren't mobs worth sneaking towards. At the moment Kiseki has other things to worry about. As of this moment, stealth isn't something Kiseki is too concerned about. He'll probably take the advice another time since he's still in a fight. The second wolf rushed at Kiseki and attempted to bite his shin. Kiseki jumped over the wolf and would kick it's neck for a little boost. After Kiseki landed, the other wolf managed to attack. Kiseki would stick his foot out to trip it. Afterwards he dashed at the second wolf with his sword raised. He slashed horizontally, but the attack was dodged when the wolf ducked down.

"Uh oh" said Kiseki.

-ID: 28975-

• MD: 2

-ID: 28976-

• MD: 1
  • BD: 2

ID: 28992, 28993, 28994, 28995, 28996
LD: 3, 2, 13, 15, 10

"You can handle these two wolves, they look like they took target practice lessons from stormtroopers," Mack called out to Kiseki as the man continued his two on one duel with the wolves. Rhythmically, the blade of Guillotine rose and fell as Mack chopped at the tree. Time after time the blade of the bearded axe bit into the tree and time after time the tree failed to produce anything in the way of crafting materials. Finally, after several repeated strikes the tree finally yielded something that would be useful in crafting, after several repeated strikes from the axe. "Bout damn time," the blonde man grumbled.

Wolf1: 4/7

While Kiseki was vulnerable, the wolf lunged at him. It was difficult, but Kiseki managed a dodge by spinning around. It was probably a centimeter away between Kiseki and the wolf coming in contact. However, once Kiseki landed there was no possibility for him to dodge the second wolf. The second wolf grabbed onto Kiseki's shoulder and would let go after an attempted swing by Kiseki was made. Distance was made between the tree.

"Well great" Kiseki muttered. Hearing Mack's joke about stormtroopers brightened up the mood though.

Kiseki: 11/13 (-1)(-1)

-ID: 29028-

• MD: 4

-ID: 29029-

• MD: 9
  • BD: 1
Edited by Kiseki

ID: 29059-63
LD: 2, 14, 20, 19, 12

Methodically, Mack set about attacking the tree for crafting materials, the sounds of Kiseki's bout with the two wolves interspersing themselves around the thunk of axe on tree trunk as Guillotine bit into the tree again, and again, and again with only the occasional pause as Mack would stoop to retrieve a crafting material and add it to his inventory. Looking up after having struck the tree several times in succession with Guillotine, Mack surveyed the combat that was going on. For the time being, Kiseki looked like he had everything under control given that his health bar still looked to be solidly in the green. Shrugging his brought shoulders, the white clad axe-man turned to resume his material harvest from the tree.