[PP-F1] A talk between comrades Complete!

Beoreson after meeting Lindow at the tavern a few days ago decided that saying he was the only person that he hadn't fought with or even held a very long conversation with that, he would invite him over for a beer and get to know the guy. The young warrior sent a message to Lindow asking him if he wanted to have a ale or two. Or in his case drink everything that was left over. He invited the other warrior to his shop, as it was just as good as a tavern and, he already knew where most of the weapons where. The young warrior somehow managed to turn his little shop into a tavern of sort. The only problem was the fact that nothing matched and all the tables where made to display weapons. There was another problem, he had to buy a second chair for this meeting. He set out a keg and grabbed two mugs to drink from. The young warrior then, went to the trouble of putting a table cloth over the glass display cases. The warrior looked with pride at the room he created. To anyone who where to look at the room it would look like little kids had thrown it together. He then, decided that for a less freezing area he could most likely wear his normal cloths. He walked into the back room and reequipped his clothing into the normal beginning cloths.

Edited by Beoreson
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindow had done his morning routine and had some free time to kill before going off and trying to level up. He came across a message in his menu from Beoreson, a guild mate he recently met after the rowdy conversation he had with the others at the meeting. It was to be a personal meet up, casual with a few beers here and there at his shop. Seeing as it was a just a formal chit chat, Lindow had dressed down to just his basic tunic without the vest, and a padded pair of black leather pants. Wearing the striking crimson dye, he set out from the cold fourth floor and traversed the snowy ground to the teleport. Upon arrival he quickly flashed out and was back at Starting City. If he remembered correctly, Beor's shop was somewhere in the shop district. He guided himself there, it was becoming natural to see so many familiar faces as he walked by giving a head nod or two to the people has met as well as Opal who was shopping around for a new Rapier. He had a few minutes to spare and chatted with her before they set on their separate ways. 

The two handed swordsman eventually made it to the shop with time to spare and ducked his head inside, "Hey! Sorry if I am late..." As he entered the shop, it wasn't too terribly out of place. It looked like a makeshift tavern but Beoreson seemed to be standing off to the side admiring his own work as he put the place together to make it more lively. Nodding with the appreciation, Lindow placed a hand on the man's shoulder, "Looks like you cleaned up a little bit. Its good to see you, Brother." 

Lindow stretched out his arm, he would grasp Beor's forearm instead of his hand for a more Brother in Arms hand shake.   

The young warrior returned the forearm shake, and with a smile responded,"Good to see you again as well. I don't think we have a official guild handshake." says the warrior. "We should bring that up in the next meeting." He states the warrior then,he gestures to the one table in the room that looks like it was made of somewhat reasonable material,"Please have a seat." The young warrior walks over to the other end of the rectangular table and stands at the keg."So, Lindow would you like a beer?" asks the warrior as he fills a mug and sets it at his end of the table.

It was a hearty forearm shake by both men and Lindow simply nodded in return, "So long as it's nothing complicated. I think what we did was simple and elegant enough." Lindow stood looking around the shop while Beor had gestured to a wooden rectangular shaped table for them to sit at.  He sat down in one of the chairs and leaned back a bit getting into a comfortable position. He lifted one leg over the other and noded to the question his host had asked about wanting a beer. He didn't even see the monstrous looking keg sitting at the other end of another table. 

Lindow wondered if it would be ok? He wasn't a social drinker unless it was an event or something, but he wouldn't disrespect his host all the same, "Thank you, that would be great." His host nodded with approval as a stout dark liquid was given to him in a moderately sized cup. It was frosty and cold, dark in color. He didn't know much about beers or their flavors, but he knew the darker the beer the more bold the taste was. As he lifted the cup, he took a slight sip just to get a taste for the beverage. It tasted very bitter, but in a good way. It wasn't overpowering as he thought it was going to be and took another drink. He rested the cup on the table and looked to his comrade, "Not too bad. I'm normally not into alcoholic beverages and know nothing about beers except the major brands back at home. I think this is the first beer I had in a long while. So..." Lindow tried to set up a simple conversation, he wasn't very good with doing that but perhaps turning the conversation into a more male bonding thing would do some good, "Got any good monster kills lately? There is a cavern on the fourth floor where there are lots of mining nodes. I was in there not too long ago and happened across a Crystal Fiend. I ended up taking a shoulder wound by a dagger and a spear through the leg! Let me tell you, it was getting a bit hairy for me in there. I managed to rend it asunder though. I still have some measly equipment, but that'll change soon enough." Monster killing, that sounded like a good start.   

Beoreson filled a mug and passed it to the other warrior he then,  went to his side of the table to sit. "Mack and I did our best to wipe out a pack of wolves on the four floor but, nothing too special. There was a mini-boss of sorts but, it didn't drop anything worth farming. " states the warrior as he slightly reclines in his chair. "I also, wanted to go and wipe out a pack of coyotes on the third floor but, It would be fairly easily now that I've been working on the fourth floor." says the warrior. He then, thinking of a question of his own."What have you been doing to keep yourself busy?" asks the black haired warrior after, he finished his last sentence he takes another sip of his drink as he waits for a response from the gray haired warrior.

It was a healthy start for the conversation between the two guild members of the Crimson Blade. Beor told him of a story of wolf hunting on the third and fourth floor but unfortunately didn't yield any amazing results in terms of loot. Lindow nodded as he listened the to the man's story, taking slow gulps of his beer still getting used to the stout taste of it. His eyes widened with a flavor packed punch entered his mouth on of the larger gulps, he coughed lightly running a hand over his beard and laughed slightly still coughing, "I'm like a newbie beer drinker. Stop laughing...hahaha" Lindow kept it simple and fun, "Not too much. I go out fishing on the weekend that I am not out risking my life to get stronger. I find that fishing can be an enjoying and patiently rewarding craft when you actually catch some fish. I normally do a few hours a day of monster hunting and some material gathering since those are the two big points right now. Levels and gear seem to be the resounding points of the game right now. So I normally concentrate on those two. During the evening, I try to read up on any new information that has been leaked in the Player's Guide to see if any new information has been revealed to the current floor boss there is no information yet and that can be a bit stressful. I try not to over do things during the week to keep myself busy, there is plenty to do here in Aincrad and can make your day full, sometimes just relaxing a little and destressing can reawaken the fighting spirit for the following day."

Lindow thought about his day to day routine, it was pretty much like any other day in real life. You woke up, worked and did your job, came home and enjoyed the rest of your evening doing whatever, sometimes you feel good enough to go back out and work. However, the two handed swordsman didn't make too many night time adventures. He liked to go to bed early and wake up before the sun so as to have a full day of what needed to be done, "How about yourself, Beor. What do you do to keep yourself busy? I bet smithing takes a great deal of time and effort."     

The warrior listens to the gray haired warrior explain what he does and laughs at the poor man, the beer was not that bitter and much better then the "Ale" on this floor. Hearing his question the warrior thought for a moment,"I have a schedule actually." says as he goes over to his counter to grab the little note pad that he has written it in. "There is a lot here so, I'll give you the high lights.I Wake up at 04:30 and begin weapons training. Around 6:30 begin farming for mats to use in mining. 8:40 return most likely for breakfast. Then, I man the shop in till, around 10:00. Which is when, I grab a bite to eat then, head out to go farm some more. Get Back around 20:00 which is typically from hunger not lack of fight. I eat dinner then, I often train some more." from the way he lists the things he does his planing sounds very detailed. If you where to peek at the note book which he sets on the table still open it continues in till midnight and once in a while it says 3:40 on it." Oh and forging isn't that time consuming as one would think, the hard part is getting the mats to do it." says the warrior about the forging comment. "Also, cycle rest days and take a nap while I get the chance." states the warrior as an after thought.

Lindow scratched his beard, Beor got up probably an hour earlier than Lindow did on most days. Perhaps it was more motivation towards this player than anything else. As a smith, the demand of materials must be extremely high, and hunting can be dangerous work for anyone. He puts long hours in the day for just doing that. Lindow scratched the back of his head, he wonders if he should follow through by example to his comrade and start waking up earlier to get a better start of the day. The thought hung on him for awhile, "Well, I am quite surprised really. At first glance you looked like a rather mellow person, but now I see you are far more complete and thorough than I had thought. I don't wake up till maybe 5:30 or 6 on a good day. Hahaha."

The member of the Crimson Blade took a healthy swig of his beer, the taste of the liquid now seemed almost tolerant as he was able to finish his first cup. Taking a deep breath inward, Lindow wondered what other sort of subject they could talk about. Perhaps something a bit more personal? "So, were you into any sports back home? I loved going to Giants games with my wife when we could find time to go. I've played baseball in High School and we have a team together for the police department..." something casual to start things off, Baseball and sports seemed like a chummy conversation.  

The warrior thought for a moment, "No I used to want to be a defensive line man though. But, when I first joined high school I chose JROTC instead of sports. I  took JROTC every year so, I never got to be in anything else. I did join all the after school teams though." says the warrior, with some pride in his achievement. He remember he was one of a handful of kids that where able to juggle all three and get good enough grades for college. "I "larped" once in a while but, all me and my friends did was hit each other with nerf swords." with a grin at the memory. A thought popped into the warrior's head, "What is you're favorite real world weapon?" asked the warrior he was tying to keep the conversation stationed on the real world and not poke any wounds the other warrior might have about being trapped here.

Lindow laughed at the LARP comment, back when he was actually a Beat Cop, he had a call about a few kids with some swords running around the neighborhood, after he was explained what was going on it was only the fact that they were acting out scenes in a scripted playwright. He had to tell them to use fake or prop weapons instead of real steal ones. There was no further problems on that case, but it was a light note added to the conversation and it was a fond memory of one his earlier career cases. He was surprised he even remembered that far back. 

"JROTC, that must have been something. So you kept yourself fit then back in the real world. I do the same, work out about five times a week with the two rest days. I still have something of a gut, but that's because of my wife. She is a wonderful cook. Favorite real world weapon? Well, I can't say I am fond of weapons at all. As a Police Officer and now Deputy Chief I say I have very good experience with guns. I taught a few classes about gun safety as well and how to properly use the firearm and when to use it. I would say though, that I do enjoy a good sniping rifle. Its safe and takes patience and concetration. Normally in SWAT we use the MP5, personally I use that and carry a colt revolver with me. I have a number of hunting rifles as well, can't say I have a personal favorite out of those. This would be my first time lugging around a sword though, can say I am getting used to the weight and mechanics. Feels like an extension of my body now. How about you? Any personal favorites?"

The warrior listened to the response of the graying man response to his question. He noticed that he wasn't freaking out to much about the real world being discussed. He then thought to himself,"Well he was the guy who suggested we all talk about our real world experience." The warrior thought for a moment what his favorite weapon was. He then, answered to the police officer,"My favorite weapon would most likely be the AR-15, as it was what I have used the most. I still prefer a air rifle over a normal gun though as I trained with a air rifle for rifle team." says the warrior as he rubs his chin thinking. "I already knew how to use a sword, it was just getting used to the weight of the virtual ones. I was basically swinging a pool noodle around and now I have a few pounds of steel to swing. Although I can't complain as much as you could about the weight of the blades." says the young warrior clearly meaning that he was talking about the great sword he normally carried.

Lindow nodded, the weight of this sword in the real world would probably be unbearable to the DC due to his shoulder wounds, should he talk about that? Guys talk about scars right? "Yeah this thing is beyond normal means of heaviness, if I didn't have the game assisting me with the swing action of this thing, I would probably have dropped it a number of times when attacking. Clean sweeps to the left and right and cleaving seem to be the best options here for using such a massive blade. Too bad there is no knockback mechanic in the game, the two hander could use something like that due to its sheer size and weight. I have seen some really nifty looking designs out here as well in the shops, I don't see too many two handed sword wielders though. Mostly one handed swords and those fancy curved ones."

This was good, Lindow was learning more about Beor, which was the initial point of this entire get together. There was a solid bond forming between the two men as they talked which in turn would probably help them utilize attack and defense strategies amongst the two of them when the need of battle arrived. His stormy eyes cast down at his empty mug, helping himself out of his chair he turned to the beer keg and topped himself up. The cold refreshing liquid once more met the padded lips of the swordsman as he drunk it down.    

(I did the post for forging at 3am so, I can't make anymore weapons today, and the soonest I could do it would be midnight.))

Beoreson nodded at the graying man's talk about two handed weapons,"That's the reason, I'm not going to use a two handed sword. It is pointless weight in my option." says the warrior as he takes another sip of his beer. Noticing that Lindow had already finished off his mug. The young warrior looked at the swordsman with a slight grin, "Beginner beer drinker, my a^s. "I could always make you a blade that is less heavy." says the warrior as he takes another sip of the brew. "But I'm not to good with forging yet. So, I wouldn't be able to promise if I would even get a blade to forge right." says the warrior. He thinks for a moment about who is a good smith that he knows that won't rip off Lindow. The warrior only knew one other smith so, he said "As you most likely know Mack is a smith. It was on his coat the other day." explained the warrior." He made my main blade that I use and, I can recommend his blades for there power and elegance." A thought comes to the warrior. "Here, I can show you how good his blades are." explains the warrior. The warrior walks behind his counter and access the cache of weapons that he had back there. He grabbed Shadowsteel and, Viper's Kiss." This one" He holds up Viper, "Is made by Mack.". He places it on the table. He holds up Shadowsteel,"I made this one, and it is the best thing I have ever made. Viper's Kiss is child's play to Mack. Even his bad quality weapons look good."

Description of Viper's Kiss A ninjato with a three foot long black blade made of Damascus steel. The hilt is made of polished silver maple and ivory, wrapped in a bit of white cloth and the minimal crossguard is embossed with a viper chasing its own tail. The scabbard is made of the same wood and, rather than being painted it has been etched and carved with a similar viper design winding around the scabbard itself.

Description of Shadowsteel:Shadowsteel is a ninjato that is about three feet long. The unsharpened portion of the blade is midnight black, and the sharpened portion is a dimgray. The Sageo of the blade is knotted traditionally and is midnight black and dark gray intertwined. The sheath is made of wood and wrapped in black leather.

Lindow leaned over the table taking in the intricate designs of both weapons. He was in awe at the pure elegance of the blades. Smithies were artists in their own right, and he marveled at how well made by weapons appeared to be. He sat back down in his chair and drank from his mug once more, "I would appreciate it if you could make me a good two handed sword. The reason I use such large and powerful weapons is because of how it feels in my hands. The weight is a necessity as it keeps me balanced, the size because it helps with a slight reach and because I am pretty tall myself. I need a big sword mainly because, if I used a small sword like the one you use...It would look fairly awkward on me. But each one has their own unique strength, in fact, I wouldn't want anything lighter...To be honest, my Hard Edge could use to gain a few more pounds. The heavier the weapon, the better it feels in my hands. So long as I'm not like dragging it so bad that I can't lift it. Hahaha..."

Lindow did admire the swords that were made by both Smithies, "As soon as I get the materials, I'll have you forge me a two hander and we'll see how that goes. I have been talking with Mack and I have set up a deal with him on getting some Heavy Armor made for me, right now I need to get my defenses bolstered so I can survive abit more in battle. I thank you for the offer on the sword and like I said, as soon as I get the mats I'll be sure to come by and get something ordered. Actually, it's funny that you brought that up. I'll be picking up a secondary weapon skill eventually as well as another set of armor, so there is plenty of business the two of us can have. I like being versatile and keeping my options open." 

That was a lot to say, Lindow was becoming a bit more comfortable with Beor, already that bond was cementing.  

The young warrior thinks for a moment,"Don't worry about the mats, I am pretty well stocked up and, if you truly want to repay me just don't die while wielding my blade. Rumors can spread about that kind of stuff." the warrior says the last part half-jokingly. He thought to himself,"D@*m it, I did it again. Why do I keep making messed up jokes." He then looks towards the graying warrior,"What enchantments are you thinking about? Also, do you have a weapon design in mind when it comes to the blade?" asks the young warrior. The warrior finishes off his mug then, goes and refills his mug. The warrior pushes the keg forward so, that both of them can easily fill they're mugs with out getting up.

Lindow raised his mug to Beoreson as he did not need the materials for the weapons, all the same Lindow would not have anything made for him without proper service of pay, however the joke at the end made Lindow hard enough he slapped his leg. The resounding laughter echoed off the walls of his shop as he could barely contain himself, "Should I fall in battle with one of your blades, it would not be because of the sword itself, but my own nature. But I really do appreciate it, I got this one..." Lindow sifted through his inventory to his equipped items and lay out on the table the massive Hard Edge, his currently equipped sword, "From a quest...It's better than my starter greatsword by only a point in damage, but I found a similar looking blade in town awhile ago when I was being showed the ropes by my Mentor, Calrex. Have you ever met him? Really good kid, strong too. He'll be in the Front Lines helping with the bosses from what I heard from him, he's a strong warrior. But this is all I have right now...."

Lindow topped his mug off once more, was this his third beer? Egh, it wouldn't hurt to have another cup, besides there was no chance of getting drunk here as he remembered Calrex saying to him, but there was a slight buzz from the effect. Lindow wasn't feeling anything in particular, perhaps he was letting lose a bit more than he normally did, "Actually, I want a variety of blades and I am very simple when it comes to that. A +1 Damage, + 2 Accuracy Two Hander would be nice, and a +3 Keen Two Hander would be equally as nice as well. I'll probably delve into War Hammers later and pick up a shield for some tank ability. I want at least one suit of Heavy Armor and another set for Leather Armor for quick mobility. But I have a long way to go for those things. I have in mind what I want, but for starters that seems to be the way to go. As far as design, I have a few in mind, but I'll probably detail that out to you or whoever smiths the items when the time is right." Another swig of his mug, a full gulp as he cleaned his beard of the excess liquid with his sleeve.     

He heard that the graying man had a mentor and managed to avoid breaking into laughter. He thinks jokingly to himself," Mr.B@da#* cop guy has a mentor, pft and Mack has feelings." He avoiding the outburst said to Lindow,"No I haven't met the man. I only know a handful of people by name, and a few more by face. I not much of a people's person." He stops for a moment and realizes something, "You think all the leadership training I've had would change that but, it never did." says the warrior. He then, listened to the man's request of the weapon type. "I'll forge it when, I can. But as most of the weapons don't turn out it could take anywhere from tomorrow to next month." says the warrior as he puts the blades back up. The warrior debates asking a personal question but, decides he might as well. "Do you think the government will let us get our jobs back?" asks the young warrior. "After all this I'm not sure if I want to be responsible for anyone else." states the young warrior feeling rather uneven.

Lindow took another heavy gulp from his mug and nodded towards Beor, "I am pretty much the same way. I can be pretty awkward when it comes to conversations. I am an old man compared to the kids that I trained back on the force, so there is a rather large age gap with some of them. I treat them all as family, but there are just some things I have not been able to keep up with in the world. Things change so fast its hard to keep track of everything," he replied about the comment of leadership. 

The greyed warrior was and still is in a leadership role as far as he was aware of, well, probably not anymore. By now they probably announced a new Deputy Chief, a new team has been formed. It was somewhat depressing to realize that while he was stuck here the outside world was continuing on. He wondered if his family was still keeping in high spirits with him trapped in this Hell. He took two big mouthfuls of the stout beer and gulped it down one after another. He looked to his comrade and shrugged, "By the time we get out of this game...Our bodies are going to be frail and weak. Who knows what kind of psychological trauma we might end up going through after all this. We'll be subjected to trauma therapy as well as physical therapy. I doubt the lives we left behind will be the same after this...But who knows, perhaps we'll be able to acclimate once more when we get out. It'll be a new world out there for us..." 

The warrior nods to as the graying warrior as he finishes up telling what boiled down to a no. Well, most likely. "So, anything you want to ask me?  " inquires the young warrior as he downs his mug almost the whole thing in one go."I already asked a rather invasive question. It would only be fair to offer you to ask one as well." He thinks to himself,"I wonder, if this means I don't have to serve my term of service." The warrior relines in his chair, decided that he would think about it later. The warrior refills his mug and reclines again.

"The more we learn about each other the more we can trust from one another. So you are free to ask any such questions..." Lindow raised his mug to his lips and downed some of the liquid. He smacked his lips from the taste and set his mug down, he wondered what else he could learn from his comrade, there were probably a half a dozen things he could ask. But at the moment, "Ugh...." Lindow was on the fritz, he wasn't sure what to ask Beoreson, their conversation was a mix of personal and in game items, so there was a variety of things they have learned from one another. If there was one thing he had learned, is that he was genuine at heart. He didn't seem to lack emotion, but he was very mellow and care free, relaxed. 

Lindow was back in his seat eyeing his drink and then he started to lean forward in his chair, "Alright...What pisses you off, I mean...what really digs deep inside you that sets you off into a carnage? I only ask because I haven't seen a side of you that was angry or irritated which tells me you are a pretty calm and collected person. But there has to be something that sets you off that just makes you go boom?"