[PP-F1] A talk between comrades Complete!

"Oh, that's an easy lots of things will make me go boom but, only a few will make me go berserk." says the warrior with a grin about the fact that people thing he is rather calm and collected. "Trust me, when I tell you that I am not a calm person, and could turn it off with the flick of a switch." says the warrior, he takes a sip of his bear and comes up with a better why of explaining it. "You know in the Avengers movie when Bruce said that he was always angry. Well, I am to put it bluntly always angry." says the warrior. "I would say that the one thing that makes me get to the point that I can't control it would be when, I get beat up and can't effectively fight back. It has only happened once since I have entered this game though." the warrior says while deep in thought as he searches though his brain for the information.  "It was when me and Mack where clearing out the pack of wolves on floor four. I was getting chewed on for the ten day in a row and stabbed the beast though with my sword and threw as far as I could." says the warrior with a slightly distant look in his eyes. "The worse part of going berserk for me though is I can't stop it or I get shell shock." says the warrior while still distant a little sadness creeps into his eyes. It turns his normally bright blue eyes, slightly cold. The warrior snaps back after a short moment and he goes back to his normal carefree self. "I should probably mention that I have trained to shut off emotion as well when, I enter tactical mode." says the warrior as he takes another sip of his beer. "So, what makes you go berserk?" asks the warrior. He thought to himself,"Most likely being unable to protect his loved ones but, hey might as well ask anyway."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindow...was quite surprised, he in fact did not know Beor had such a side. That was relevant to know for future events, that this guy sitting across from him can simply go at whim. Lindow leaned back in his chair, he supposed that almost anyone who is backed into a corner can be set off and their primal instincts will start to show rather quickly. As he watched the mannerism of his comrade, Lindow knew there was something more to this guy than he was letting out, but it wasn't the place. To see him in combat would make more sense. To shut off your feelings...He heard of people doing this, especially military types. Having no emotion, even suppressing rage and happiness...Lindow thought it was unhealthy, expressing your rage in non physical ways so as to not keep it bottled up. But these military guys, they were a breed  apart from normal men like Lindow. Sure, he had training, but this...this was something else. 

"What makes me go berserk? Fortunately not too much. If any person of my family is in danger, I act without remorse, I can't and I don't care what side of myself is shown in that outcome. I have been blessed with the fact the no one in the SF area has ever attempted to blackmail me or to take revenge on me through the means of my family. Now, this has happened when I was a normal Beat Cop. A raid was going down and my partner was killed. He was a cocky fool, but it was a disaster from the get-go. We were supposed to just stay watch outside, but he wanted to be the hero...next thing I remember...He was on the floor covered in blood, and his blood was all over my hands. I don't know if I blacked out, or I supressed the memories of what actually went down. But I ended up killing someone that day. Not being able to control the situation, the feeling of helplessness, that gets me mad...But I don't know what happens or what sets off my berserk side. I hope I never have to as well. I'll do anything for my family though, anything, so long as they are safe." Lindow took a healthy gulp from his mug, the bitter taste remained in his mouth for awhile as he replayed those scenes in the back of his mind.   

"So, what's been you most close to fatal injury? " asks the warrior."I'll tell you mine as it is related to berserk." says the warrior. The warrior, decided to go ahead and tell the graying warrior as it was continuing the conversation but, from a different angle." Me and my friends where  jumped by a group kids while walking back from school. My friends got beat to a pulp, and I went berserk for the first time. I a kid's arm, fractured another kid's rib, and broke a kid's nose. Some kid pulled a knife and tried to gut me." explains the warrior. "I am here so, I lived but, the only reason that I didn't die is the fact the I bit his arm and, he freaked out and let go of the blade." finishes the warrior, he takes a swig from his mug and listens to the graying warrior. "While in the hospital, I learned how to use dissociation to my advantage, as I was allergic to most pain killers,. and they could only numb me some much." says the warrior with a grin as he finishes, he makes a joke, "Pain killer are for wimps."

"I like to think of myself as a sturdy individual, it takes a lot to put me in a great deal of pain. As I get older though, the body starts to break down. But I do what I can to stay healthy. I've been shot at a few times, I had a serious shoulder wound a few years ago. That stuff, it never really heals, the scar tissue doesn't strengthen the muscle. I don't think I have had close calls to being injured, but I have had close calls in the field on raids and barricade missions for the SWAT. Bullets fly, and you just home your kevlar holds up. But other than my shoulder, nothing that would make me lash out and intentionally harm people. I have what it takes to take human life, but it's always a life or death situation. Mine or theirs and the safety of my comrades. I won't hesitate to shoot first if it comes down to it...But I have killed men, there is nothing glorious about that. It doesn't make you a hero, what is left with you is the haunting expression that seems to burn in your memory each passing day. It's not really a subject I talk about often, I am sure as you know...in the life of work we do, death is inevitable. Same can be said here...I won't take someone's life if I can find a way to subdue them...but if it comes down to it..."

Lindow looked down at his hands, and shook his head, it wasn't a road he wanted to walk down...But this guild would be doing dangerous things as well as keeping the peace in the city or at least trying to. And sometimes there will be player's that will try to rattle you, become aggressive...Lindow looked up at his comrade and nodded, "I guess time will tell if that ever happens. You won't have to worry about me, I know what needs to be done if it needs to be done." 

Beoreson nods to the graying man having know that the man was withered from the profession,"I'll most likely never know, from the real wold but, I know for a fact I'm going to go hunt PKer when I'm strong enough." states the warrior  "That is a while off as I'm still a light weight in this world and, all the Pkers are heavy weights." explains the warrior. "I will not like it, but someone will have to do it for the safety of the people and, I know for a fact I will cope with it far better then most." says the warrior as he polish off his beer, and refills the mug again. "I hold no fear of death. As I know that fearing it is as pointless as wondering if the sun will rise." states the warrior. Beoreson thinks for a moment, "In the game have you noticed that most people have gotten used to the dulled senses?" asks the warrior.

"It makes us what we need to be and to be able to survive, I suppose. Its not that I fear death as well, that I just have too much to look forward still with my family. I don't know if you have anyone waiting for you back home, but as I told you..My family means everything to me and so does surviving this Hell. So I can't die here, and i won't die here, its as simple as that." Lindow took another helping from the keg filling his mug with the brew. His eyes traversed the shop, "Perhaps its a good thing it dulls our senses, when we fight enemies there is only slight pulses our bodies feel until we are in critical condition. Every now and then there is a dull pain in my shoulder though, that's from a physical injury and my brain telling me that I am still alive here. Pain can be good, so long as I am not on the floor losing a leg or something." He took a gulp of his beverage once more.  

((My weapon got approved and I want to take it hunting with us.))

"I cut off most connections with my family when I left for college. I care about them, but most of them where angry that I chose to become an officer and not an enlisted" says the warrior, with a grin at the memory."I honestly wouldn't mind the pain if it was full. It would make people a lot more careful in battle, and it would make the monster weaker as the fight progressed." says the warrior speaking from a tactical level. "But, it would suck the amount of time I've spent being a chew toy for wolves." says the warrior from a more personal level. Beoreson looks at his clock and sees that he is supposed to start forging right about now,"Hey, Lindow. Want to see a blacksmith at work?" asks the warrior.

The wielder of the Hard Edge nodded, he understand the implications of family when choosing one path over the other, especially if the said path was more of the nightmarish route. Lindow had wanted to join the military at some point in his life, but after having a wife and child, things had to be looked at with a different perspective. He wasn't just responsible for himself anymore, but those two as well. He was happy for that fact though, at least he could eventually retire and still have a family. He was silent, but he understood the risks that Beoreson was taking when he became an Officer, much like Lindow did when he accepted his position as DC. 

The question came out of no where, and Lindow was somewhat curious as how a forge is worked under these game mechanics. Lifting himself up along with his mug, he gestured to his comrade, "I always wanted to see something being forged by a Blacksmith. I guess this is a great chance since you are offering. Lead the way..."

Lindow assumed they would be going towards the forging area, he wondered if he would be hammering away at piece of steel over an anvil for the next few hours. He scratched the back of his head, "I'd take you down to the Fisherman's Wharf...but...Well, I find it relaxing...But watching someone else fish...well, that might make some people fidget too much. Hahaha." Lindow was ready to follow Beor. 

((If the thread is denied I'll fix this post about the pup))

Beoreson looks to the fisherman,"I've gone fishing once or twice and, couldn't sit around long enough to catch anything other then, a few catfish." says the warrior with a smile. It had been twelve years since he went fishing and he was impatient as ever. He wondered if he would ever go fishing again. Probably not, he would most likely forget about it again, as he had in till his new comrade reminded him.The warrior stands up and, walks over to the door that is behind the counter. He says to the graying man,"The forge is back here.". Beoreson moves the heavy oak door so, that it is open. The young warrior walks in, and there is a happy yipping sound.

The second Lindow enters the forge, he can tell that it is bigger then, the shop area of the building. There is the forge itself, a work table, a mats table that shows various different types on it. There is ore, fur, and wood. There is grind stone, and a chair as well.  There is a small, white , and very happy looking wolf pup standing on a pile of furs. Beoreson pets the spastic animal and, it looks at the newcomer with a slightly cocked look."This is Light, she is my wolf, or dog if you prefer" says the young smith looking at the graying man with a smile. The warrior throws on a leather apron that has a small pouch on the front. The young warrior places the pup inside of the pouch and the wolf pup peaks up from it looking at the graying man.

Beoreson gestures that Lindow can sit in the chair that he has placed next to the forge. "I keep the chair there for sitting in while waiting for the ore to heat. I'm going to make a ninjato today as I'm good at making them." says the warrior as he grabs a metal ore off of the mats table. Beoreson then, walks over to the forge and places the ore inside of it. He then, activates it. "If, you don't know what a ninjato it is a ninja's weapon as the name suggests, but there is no evidence that the blade was ever used in that time frame. The blade is typical short, thick and heavy. I use mine the same way you would a short sword but, some people use the blade in a reverse grip." explains the warrior giving a little flavor text to the wait for the ore to heat. The wolf pup is starring at the graying man the entire time.

Beoreson felling that the ore was finished grabbed a pair of tongs and moved the ore from the forge to the worktable. Light hides inside the poach of the apron as the warrior grabs a hammer. "You might want to cover you're ears as this is almost as bad as firing a gun without ear protection." warns the warrior as he looks towards the graying man. Beoreson then, begins to hammer out the ore. The process maybe takes ten minutes and, produces a almost identical sword to Shadowsteel, the main difference being there was some white and sliver in this weapon.

Lindow followed his guild mate to the back behind a heavy set oaken door and gestured that the room was in the back. Nodding, they went to the back. It felt a lot warmer back there was he opened the door and clearly a much larger workspace than the actual 'shop.' Lindow whistled as he saw an array of materials over one table, a set of tools neatly laid out and the master forge. Beor had introduced his cub to Lindow who seemed to be watching him very carefully. Lindow stared back at the cub, a small smile. He was indifferent about pets, didn't have one back home but he knew they made great companions for people. Lindow...was just not the sort of person to have a dog or cat about the house though he has been asked on several, several occasions from his daughter to get her a puppy when she was younger. However, that phase has yet to die as she still asked periodically. Lindow sat down in the chair that his friend had set up for him, and explained what sort of weapon he was going to forge today. He was given a lesson in the style of a ninja, he heard of some swords like katanas and whatnot, but his history of the orients wasn't what he would call...well known. He knew of some things from martial arts movies which he indulged in as he was an action flick kinda guy. 

Beoreson worked on the smithing of the weapon while Lindow was instructed to close his ears, he didn't expect the hammering to be so loud but none the less he placed his hands over his ears to muffle the sound and what came out to be a perfect blade from the looks of it, the hints and subtle changes of the steel reflected in the prowess of the Blacksmith, "That's a nice blade there. Looks a little skinny for my tastes, but I am sure it's a fantastic piece of work." Lindow nodded with approval as he looked the sword over, the quality was superb.  

"The blades where said to be made if slabs of iron. Then the ninja would sharpen them. The blade wasn't even stretched out into the blade. For a one handeder it is, very thick." States the warrior. He shows the unsharpened portion of the blade to the man. It is 1/2 inch thick. "Now that I have a new blade, I need to grab my armor as well." Says the young warrior. "From the look of you clothing, it appears you need to go and, grab you're combat gear as well." Says the warrior ad he walks out of the room and, to a chest filled with gear and, weapons. "If, you don't feel like making the trip back, I have a great sword and, some chain. Or did you come ready for a fight?" Says the warrior with a smile.

"Well..." Lindow didn't have any armor besides the very basic tunic and vest which were dyed red since he was become a Crimson Blades member, he shot Beoreson a look, "Don't worry. I always bring my gear just in case anything happens." Initiating the menu with a poke of his finger, he scrolled to his equippable items and equipped the massive two handed sword known as Hard Edge, upon his body he wore the crimson tunic and upon that he wore a hardened leather vest, the basic of basics of starter equipment. 

"If you wanna test out your new equipment, we can go out to the fields and round up some bacon. It'll be a good idea to learn each other's styles as well to see if we can feed it into Boss Combat later on. I think you might be quicker on your feet than I am since I wield a massive blade. But we'll see how it goes." Lindow got up from his chair, they were still in the forge area and he felt like stretching his legs out. Some good ol' fashioned combat sounded like a nice idea to kill the rest of the day. "Let's go Mr.Ninja Guy." 

The young warrior nodded and, walked into the changing room. Which explains the other door in the store.  He came back out with a black fur cloak, and there was the flash of steel underneath the cloak as he adjusted it to finish closing. When, the warrior walked there was the sound of plate, and chain bumping together. "I not very stealthy now, that I got my armor on." says the warrior with a grin. The warrior walks over to his window and flips the sign from open to closed. "Not that anyone stops by, but I would hate to disappoint any tumbleweeds." says the man sarcastically as he finishes getting ready. 

Beoreson opens the front door and, walks at a rather slow pace to the gates of the city. Once he get to the gates the warrior sweeps his cloak aside to draw Shadow's Strike. When, he does this there is the sound of chain mail. The inside of the cloak has no chain mail but, there is a breastplate, greves and, boots to the armoring of the warrior. Beoreson looks around for a boar to slay. Beoreson spots a rather scarred and, evil looking one that is just at his furthest vision."Let's kill that one." says the cloaked man. The warrior starts walking towards it, with his sword drawn but, now inside his cloak. The graying man can see the sword's tip peeking out from under the cloak's edge. "Let's kill this thing" says the warrior as he put's up the wolf's head hood.

He gestured with a hand to Beoreson to lead the way. As they were walking through the city they were addressed with friendly head nods and waves from other people, Lindow respectfully bowed his head back, he still wasn't used to this old timey ways of life, he was much more comfortable sitting at a computer or something else with technology, then again...he wasn't too thrilled with the latest development of being stuck in the actual game. Placing a hand on his forehead he gave a low self sigh as the two comrades made for the main gate inside the safe zone. Beoreson was at the ready, his gear making a ruckus as they walked out into the open fields to slay some pigs. 

"Well, making all that racket, we're not going to sneak up on anything. Alright, let's take this piggy out." Lindow hefted the giant blade over his shoulder and swung his body into stance. Beoreson was ready to slice and dice the thing at a moment's notice, but Lindow sprang into action first, "Too slow TinCan!" Coming up to the Fat Boar, Lindow ripped the earth with his massive blade striking the surface of the ground and cutting everything in it's path except for the Fat Boar. Snorting and hopping up and down, the gluttonous creature rushed towards Lindow and slammed its meaty head into his chest and shot him back. The force caught him by surprise as he slid and gathered himself up..."Well, I take that back.." Lindow said hefting his blade once more over his shoulder. 

==

Fat Boar HP: 20 [+2 Dmg] 

Beoreson: 33/33
Lindow: 23/25

ID: 28869
BD: 5 [Miss]
MD: 7 

Edited by Lindow

ID# 28875 BD:3+3=6 (+2 accuracy from charm and, sword, concentration.) MD:10 (+2 damage) CD:2

Beoreson's HP:33-3=30 (Base damage of 3+2 for crit=5-1 for damage migration on armor, and -1 for novice heavy armor=3 damage to Beoreson.)

Lindow's HP:23

Pig's HP:20-5=15

Beoreson watches the graying man, rush the pig after, calling him a tin can. He then, with a grin watches the man go flying away from the boar. "Okay, Mr.Feather Weight. Let me show you what this tin can do." The warrior rushes forward intercepting the boar's next charge at Lindow. The armor had no effect on the man's speed other then, the fact that the cloak gave him some drag. The raven haired man runs up to the pig and, rams his shoulder into the hulking beast. This sends them both flying into the oposidte direction. It would most likely remind Lindow of linemen playing football. The warrior having the attention of the boar, looks down at it with a smile. "Well, you gotta love tin. It works just as good as a flak jacket, if not better." says the warrior clearly showing off. The warrior takes and, moves his cloak so, that it is no longer in his way. By doing so, it makes it obvious that his armor is connected together as it doesn't fall to the ground but, stays connected acting as a cape. He slashes the beast's right side. The attack clearly made no vital. "Can't kill the boar all by myself, or I'll won't get to see you're attacks." says the warrior with a grin. The boar with a squeal runs away from the warrior. It moves to Lindow's side of the field.

Edited by Beoreson

"You are just showing off now..." Lindow said to the man a few yards away, his Hard Edge still upon his shoulder as he looked the Fat Boar in the eyes. Removing the weapon from his shoulder, the mighty blade fell to the ground with a thud and he whipped it to the right side of him. He parted his legs and and shifted to a new form. While Beoreson had Hate generated towards him from his last successful attack, it seemed like the Gluttonous Pig had its attention towards him. Lindow found this to be a good opportunity to get a slash in while Beor acted as the tank of the two, he did have the higher HP after all. Lindow went in for a quickl slash but failed at doing so. He was able to do a cross slash but the aim went to far above the pig. Missing his attack, the Oinker snorted and charged for Beoreson once more and hit him in the gut before falling down on its chubby legs. 

==

Fat Boar HP: 15/20 [+2 Dmg] 

Beoreson: 28/33 [Hate +1]

ID: 28877
BD: 4 [Miss]
MD: 9 [+1 Dmg] 

OOC: Remember when in a party, when your attack is successful you create Hate, the enemy will continue to attack you until the Hate is even [random attack on opponent, also the Fat Boar has a +2 Dmg Modifier on it for a bit more of a challenge, you have only 1 Mit and the Pig did Crit attack on your last post for a total of 4 Dmg, not 2.] 

Edited by Lindow

(OOC: I didn't notice, sorry about that. I have 2 migration)

ID# 28878 BD:4+2=6 CD:11 (Battle healing) MD:9

Beoreson's HP:28-1=27 [Hate:2]

Boar's HP:15-5=10

"Lindow, back away from the pig. I'll tank it" shouts the warrior as he comes rushing up to the graying man. He takes another hit from the beast. This time he grunts as he is pushed back a few feet from the impact. Beoreson watches his HP bar dip into the lower green area, and thinks to himself,"This boar is the fasted monster, I have ever fought. This is sad really" Beoreson watches the boar back off from him after it's attack. Beoreson takes his ninjato and, raises the dark blade over his head. He brings the blade down and, slashes the unmarked side of the boar. The pig squeals and, backs away from the warrior preparing for another attack. Beoreson drops into a defensive stance with his sword low to the ground. He would hopefully jam the blade into the dirt and, stop an attack from the boar that way. He notices that his [BattleHealing] skill had activated. He grinned at the fact that his wounds where fixing themselves as he fought. It was a novel idea to the man.

Edited by Beoreson

Lindow circled around the Fat Boar while Boereson was making short work of it with his fancy sword wielding. Lindow was stoic in expression, his cold colored eyes of overcast clouds seem to ponder on where to lay the next attack. The Boar was peppered with brilliant strikes from the Tanking Swordsman, and yet Lindow was just more or less 'getting in the way.' He hefted the heavy blade over his shoulder as he came closer to the unaware Boar. A mighty cleaving slash came down and erupted the earth with broken grass and brown dirt as he was able to successfully cleave nothing. He sighed as the Pig jumped from one side to the next, it didn't even pay attention to Lindow at this point. Shaking his head to Beoreson, "Well, I can't hit it for the life of me. Go ahead and kill it, Beor...We'll see if the next beast will allow me to get a shot in or two." That was all he was able to do at this point. With no gear to call his own, Lindow was pretty much the weakest link in the entire guild. Things looked grim for the elder warrior. 

--

Fat Boar HP: 10/20 [+2 Dmg] 

Beoreson: 28/33 [Hate +2]

ID: 28879
BD: 4 [Miss]
MD: 4 [Miss] 

OOC: Didnt see you had the HvyArmor Skill, good on you for catching that. :D HP of Boar should be 10, since you attacked it twice for 10 points. And I have hit it for a total of 0!! RNGesus!! RY!??

Edited by Lindow

((I love it when, I'm too tired to do math correctly. Time to drink a soda))

ID# 28880 BD:9 MD:1 CD:11

Beoreson's HP:28+1=29 [hate:3]

Boar's HP:10-6=4

Beoreson decided to recruit the pig with jelly rolls to the Crimson Blade's Airborne unit. Beoreson took his blade and smashed the flat of the blade into the Pig's right side. The pig with a sequel went flying a meter or two away and, the pig rolled around in pain from being launched away from the warrior. Lindow would most likely see this as a comical attack but, it was just as effective if not more then, a normal attack. Lindow would also most likely notice that Beoreson's attacks followed a pattern that changed ever few hits but, that attack was completely random and, out of place of his normal attacks. The warrior looks over to the graying man and, says with a grin "Mobile Bacon Unit. I support this message." 

Lindow watched as the attacks of his guildmate produced a comical situation as the flying bacon was sent hurdling a few feet away from him. Lindow was awestuck at the easy nature of his attacks, every single one of them connecting and Lindow couldn't get one attack in to save his life, "It's a good thing you are here Beor, or else I might have been dead by now." Lindow had lifted his greatsword up and sent it pummeling into the ground while the Fat Boar was making its way back to its fiendish enemy, Beor! It squealed and zig zagged left and right as Lindow tried to take a crack at it as it ran by, it was too quick for the slow footed warrior and the reach was just too short to catch. Grunting from the missed swing, he placed the heavy blade down and leaned on it with his weight. The rattled baconator charged once more at Beor, but he scoffed at the attack as it did little damage to his new armor and his hit points. 

"Well if anything..." he looked around, "I'll be a damn good lawn mower..."

--

Fat Boar HP: 4/20 [+2 Dmg] 

Beoreson: 28/33 [Hate: 3]

ID: 28881
BD: 5 [Miss]
MD: 7 [Hit] 

Edited by Lindow