SP-F4 Training and passing the time

ID: 28621

MD: 10

Abalasster 20/25

Tree Gremlin 1/5 -2 next turn

I turn around to see the Gremlin running at me again. It tackled me to the floor and began to relentlessly thrust its spikes into me. This must have been its way of trying to get revenge. I didn't know if it knew it would bleed to death before it could avenge its brother. I grabbed the creature and threw it off of me. It hit the ground and stayed there. I watched as it began to evaporate as well. I got up off the ground and began to walk in what I thought was the direction of the next town. I felt little remorse for what I had done. I was the one who had been assaulted...

• 2 weeks later...

I glanced back to see if maybe the creature had dropped any items, which it hadn't. I wasn't bothered by this. At least I had been able to escape from the tree's with my life. I walked out of the forest to find a small little town that was just a bit downhill from where I was. I walked down to the town and looked around. I saw people and NPC that looked like they were in love with each other. This didn't bother me. I looked to see that the name of the town was Starglade. I looked all around me and the snow that fell was beautiful. A couple, not terribly younger than me passed by, looking like they couldn't keep their hands off each other. I smiled. It was hard to find happiness in a place like this, especially with the new " Death Game" mechanic. This town was really gave off a "Four Seasons"  type mood. I walked to the nearest tavern to see some men all having a good time. I sat myself down at the back of the tavern and decided to keep to myself, for now...

Loud statements and drunken behavior came from the people in the tavern. I just kept to myself, watching these barbarians do what they do best, make absolute fools out of themselves. I watched as they harassed the bartender. I rolled my eyes. That was when things took a bad turn. Some guy decided to walk up to my table. He was obviously smashed. He asked if he could borrow some Col for another round of ale for him and his buddies. I wasn't in the generous mood right now, especially with this situation. I kindly said no. He continued to prod. I responded again with another no. He kept this up and he forced my hand. I looked up at him and firmly said. "I have enough of this. I'm not giving you money so you can continue your drunken and boorish behavior. Now, kindly leave me alone". A look of both shock and anger grew on his face. He shoved me and I went falling back in my chair. I took a second to get up, trying to asses the situation. Once I stood up, I could see that this player was a good few inches taller than me. However, we were pretty close to the door of the tavern and I knew that they could be opened by either pushing or pulling on them. I jump kicked the player and he went stumbling backwards out the door. By now, everyone in the tavern's eyes were on me. I shook this off. I was the one who was assaulted in the first place and had nothing to feel guilty about. I walked out of the tavern to see that the player was till on the floor, but was beginning to get up... 

"You stubborn little Twat. Why don't you fight me like a real man, eh?" the player said, still looking upset that he had been denied and evicted. "I'm down for fighting, if you are prepared to lose" I said drawing my rapier. I began to walk into the forest, seeing as how fighting in a safe zone is as useless as kitten mittens. "Reconsidered haven't you, you coward" He called after me. I turned back to face him "No, its that you can't fight in a safe zone. Now, I assume that we are doing a half health duel?" He drew his sword and called back. "Hell no, we are fighting to the death". By this time, people from the Tavern and passers by had all heard us and gather around us. He began to walk into the forest after me.  This fight had no rules to it. It wasn't duel standards, so I could very well die, but I was hoping that it wouldn't come to that... 

I got into battle stance and prepared for this guy to make the first move. He just stood there and didn't get into battle stance. This offset me. "You know, its wise to get into a battle stance right, one that can help you defend yourself?" He stood there and let out a small chuckle. "Yes kid I know, that's why I am in my defensive battle stance, I'm going to let you make the first move..." Either this guy was far beyond smashed or this guy had a trick up his sleeve. I ran at him trying to make my strike connect...

ID: 30016

BD: 1

Abalasster 27/27

Player 13/13

I lunged forward towards the player but despite him looking totally drunk, he was able to dodge me. I turned to face him and saw him running towards me. I got ready for is attack...

The speed on this player really offset me. I had no clue how the intoxication feature in this game worked, but even with it applied, this player still moved incredibly fast. He swung his sword at me. Luckily, I was able to recover from my failure in time to get into defensive position...

ID: 30017

MD: 3

Abalasster 27/27

Player 13/13

His sword hit mine and I was able to successfully block it. I brought my foot around and swept him off his feet. This gave me ample opportunity to strike him. I raised my rapier. But, before I struck, I looked that he was reaching for his sword. My foot was in range of his sword that lay on the ground. I moved it away so I wouldn't have to deal with getting impaled...  

BD: 10

Abalasster 27/27

Player 10/13 -2 thorns next two turns

I plunged my sword down into the player. The whole time I did, he kept his eyes on me. This must have threw me off, began I just stood there and watched him begin to take my rapier out of him. I drew it out and kicked him in the face. He fell back to the floor. Then, like he was never hurt, he jumped back up to his feet, now with two daggers. He began running at me. I got back into my defensive stance and got ready to block another strike from this player...

MD: 1

Abalasster 27/27

Player 8/13 - 2 next turn

He continued to run at me. Just as he was in range he swung his daggers at me. I was able to catch both of them with my rapier. I staggered him back. But, he recovered quickly and threw one of the daggers at me. I fell backwards to the ground to make sure that I wouldn't be hit by the dagger. I watched him running at me from the position on the floor. As he was in melee range, he swung his dagger at me. Luckily, I was able to kick him back before he could hit me. I got up and saw that the player was till on the ground not too far from me. This was another chance for me to do some good damage...

ID: 30603

BD: 9

Abalasster 27/27

Player 4/13 -2 bleed next two turns

I ran at the player that was still on the ground. He was beginning to get up, that was until i made my foot hit his head. He fell back to the ground. I took my rapier and plunged it into his stomach. He let out another scream in pain. I knew that he would now bleed to death so i sheathed my rapier and began to walk back to the settlement. That was until I heard him begin to pick himself off the floor. I looked back to see that he was doubled over, daggers still in his hands and blood running from his stomach. He then stood up and began to make his way back towards me...

ID: 30604

MD: 3

Abalasster 27/27

Player 2/13 - 2 next turn

I stood and watched as he stumbled his way towards me. I put my hand on my hip and told him that it wasn't worth it, that he should just come back to town with me and pay me what i deserved for my winnings. But he didn't listen. He just kept coming at me. He swung his daggers and i dodged them effortlessly. On one of his swings, i caught his arm and was able to release one him of one of his daggers. He then collapsed to the floor. I couldn't let him die, so I picked him and began to carry him back into the safe zone. I laid him down up against one of the wall to the tavern... 

ID: 30605

LD: 18 17+1

The player pulled out his inventory and tossed a bag of Col to my feet. I looked at the description and it told me i had just won 80 Col from the guy. I collected it and told the guy to have a nice day. He mumbled something that to me sounded like "Go to hell" I walked back into the tavern and almost everyone's eyes turned to me. The tavern was eerily quiet for a place like this. I took a seat at the table that i had been at before. I looked to a sign near the dart board that read " Hit a Trip. 20, bull's eye or double bull's and win a mat. I got up and stood in line to be able to throw the darts. I watched as the people before me tried their hands at the board. Some were able to win while others failed. It eventually became my turn... 

I grabbed the darts out of the board from the previous persons failure. I readied myself behind the white line. I looked at the 3 locations that i needed to hit. They were all small and the odds were against me. I threw my first dart hoping it would land on one of the locations...

ID; 30611 (Fail)

The dart landed on the Trip 5, right next to the Trip twenty. I was a bit discouraged. But, it was only my first dart, and i had 2 left to throw...

ID; 30613 (fail)

I threw the next dart and it landed right above the Bull's eye. I was now getting annoyed. I wanted to be able to hit one of these three positions. I still, however had one last shot,,,

ID: 30614 (FAIL) 

I threw the dart and it landed on the 19 space. It was closer to double 19 than it was to anything else. I turned to see that there was only about 3 people in line. So, decided to get back in line and try again...

I watched as the people went and failed like i did or succeed like i didn't. But, it soon became my turn again. I gripped the first dart in my throwing hand. I took a deep breath and said to myself "I can do this" I wound up the first dart and tossed it at the board...

(Fail, Fail, Fail)

I threw the dart and I had no success. I then proceeded to throw the other two and failed just as well. I sighed and walked out of the tavern, back out into the cold. I then remembered that my shop still needed some repairs, so i went into the forest. I found an axe lodged into a tree stump. I removed it and made my way towards one of the tree and began to chop it down...

I began to chop down the tree. It didn't take much effort. I looked around the forest to see if there were any mobs or any other creatures. I didn't see anything but snow falling so i just got back to chopping down trees. I then heard a twig snap and i turned my attention to the direction of where it came from. I saw the crimson eyes of a creature in the shadows. I left my axe in the tree it was in and walked back to the town. I really wasn't ready to fight another thing right now. I walked back into he tavern and got in line for the darts. I really needed the materials. The person in front of me turned around and faced me. "So, your the one who beat up that guy? That was one good fight. I'm surprised that you actually save him". I shrugged and said that it was mostly because i didn't want to turn orange. He nodded and turned to throw his darts...

The player in front of me threw his darts, rather poorly might I add. However, now it was my turn and seeing as how I failed the last few times. I gripped the dart in my hand and threw it at the board...

ID; 30727

LD: Fail

It missed by a long shot. It was on the black near the 2. I calmed myself down. I knew that if i were to let myself get mad, then i would surely never hit the board, i got ready to throw the next dart...

ID: 30729

LD: Fail

This one missed but it was able to get closer to the place where i wanted it to go. But, it still wasn't what i wanted. I took another deep breath before i threw the next one...

ID: 30730 

LD; 19

I threw the dart and it landed on the bull's eye. I was filled with happiness. I had finally been able to hit it and i got myself a mat. This would sell for  good price in my shop. I walked out of the shop and back to the teleport gate. Today had been very eventful...