[PP-F3] Long Time No S- What is That?! <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Xion)

Yo, Xion, mind coming up to the Third Floor?  I just accepted the quest to get a familiar, and I thought I might like some assistance

- Grave

Was the message I sent to Xion after a strange gypsy chick approached me - obviously some kind of NPC.  She had told me that I could try and tame a monster to gain it as a familiar, but it was very rare for it just to work.  Soon enough a quest box popped up, and my suspicions were confirmed.

I'd heard of weasel-like creature that resided on Floor Three, and thought it might be interesting to take one in as a familiar.  I knew roughly where to find them, but stood sentry at the exit from the town, waiting for Xion.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion had been resting in his shop on floor one when he received a message from Grave, an old friend of his. 

Yo, Xion, mind coming up to the Third Floor?  I just accepted the quest to get a familiar, and I thought I might like some assistance

- Grave

The player smiled, it had been a while since he had talked to or even seen the player, it was good to know that he was still alive. It was also a  nice coincidence as the smith had just finished his perfect armour set, and was eager to show it off to anyone, and an old friend was a good choice. After closing up the shop and equipping the dark grey suit of armour (Look in evaluations if you want to get an idea). It took him a little longer than usual to get to the teleport gate, due to the armour and his greatshield, but eventually he made it an teleported to floor three. 

Once he had arrived he started looking for grave, which took nearly ten minutes, but eventually he found the familiar face of a friend. "Grave...long time no see..." he said as he approached the player. 

"BLOODY HELL!" I swore at the hulking figure that approached me, unseen.  My bout of surprise sent me tumbling across the grass and scampering clumsily to my feet.  My heart was racing like a cheetah on steroids as I looked over the man before me; Xion, wearing a massively thick suit of armour with a lightning bolt motif painted, or possibly etched, onto the metal.  A giant shield was stowed on his back, giving his already overwhelming figure that extra buff.

"Looks like you got yourself some... New gear." I noticed, before coughing while I tugged at the high, buttoned-up collar of my coat.  He had all that armour; I only had a couple of new skills and a new weapon.  He'd shot past me in the few weeks it had been since I met him.  "If you're here, you must have received my message.  I know of this strange Weasel creature that lives up here, and was planning on taming one for myself." I explained, before turning to walk off, motioning to the hulking figure to keep up.

(Do you know if I can use the starter bread as the food item, or might I need to cook something up at my diner?)

Edited by Grave

(No idea, oh and btw new Title for Xion: Knight of the Maelstrom/Maelstrom Knight? XD) 

Xion chuckled as he saw Grave's reaction, the man seemed terrified by the tank's armour, he didn't blame him, Xion was now a hulking powerhouse in every sense of the word. "This isn't just for looks you know..." he said as Grave motioned for the player to follow him. Unfortunately, the amount of weight that the armour and shield added meant that the best Xion could do was a fast jog, while he was able to exceed this limit for short bursts, he couldn't sustain a faster speed. Nevertheless he managed to keep up, staying by Grave's side as they walked. The player was about to speak, before realising that he hadn't sent a party request, doing so before turning to the boy. "So...what have you been doing all of this time?" he asked with a smile. 

("The Maelstrom" sounds better than either; short, sweet, ladies'll love it ;) )

"Yeah... Well my clothing IS just for looks... Except for this coat of course.  Handy for the Fourth Floor." I elaborated, a bitterness creeping into my tone as I mentioned the site our guild had been formed at.  When Xion asked what I'd been doing, my reply was at the ready, like a revolver poised at a gunslinger's side, "Slaying, questing, farming, more slaying... Oh!  I got a sweet new skill!" I told him, before making some punching motions in the air, my fists glowing red, then green, then blue, "Picked up <<Martial Arts>> earlier this week.  Got myself a new sword - traded Severance and 300 Col to Mack for it... And last but not least I finally became a Cook and set up a diner just in town, named partially after our guild.  Drop by some time, will you?  Right now business isn't going very well, and I'm not that great at cooking... But I'll get better!" I finished, getting all the important stuff out of the way.

I turned back to Xion, "How about you?  What's kept you occupied these days?" I asked him, a light smile on my lips.

Xion nodded and smiled as his friend told him about what he had been doing, before asking Xion the same question. "Well I got the blacksmith profession, that's why I have these" he said gesturing to his armour "Made it all myself. I also have a shop on floor one, but other than that I've been doing quests and getting tanky as hell" he said with a grin as they continued to walk, it was true that he player was now a tank through and through, he had the HP of Avalanche, and some good DMG MIT, and Thorns to boot along with Paralysis. To say the least, he was more than tough to take down. "I can see you're still going for the all out offence build, it seems to be rather popular with lower leveled players, there don't seem to be any tanks bar myself near our level" he said, trying to think of at the least one more tank, but nobody came to mind. 

"I'm not all-out damage.  I focus on making sure I can actually hit my target in the first place." I replied, my tone changing to something more nostalgic as I remembered our first meeting; fighting that boar was no fun, and that was exactly why I wanted as much accuracy as possible, "But I really just want I be able to cover most bases, weapon-wise.  I don't want to have to stick with a single weapon type, and then I've got my Secret Weapon in case I get disarmed." I finished.  Xion was making a great choice in going for a tank role; it suited him well.

Suddenly I had an idea, "In between capturing small animals, do you think we could do some foraging for ingredients?  It might come in handy for the Weasel." I explained.  If we needed, we ould easily just walk back into and head for my diner so I could cook something up.  The area with the Weasels was literally a two to I've minute stroll from town, and my diner was set smack-dab in the middle of a courtyard near the edge.

(I believe bad items will count as 'common food items'... I hope so anyway, 'cause that's most likely all I'll get from the craft ^^; )

Xion nodded "I wouldn't mind, as long as I get to keep a few, a blacksmith needs his MATs" he said with a chuckle, before thinking about Grave's build. "Your build...It's very unique, I haven't seen many balanced builds, they're always one extreme or the other. Which while it means that you'll never be lacking, your damage may end up being out-shined by full DPS builds, but a good amount of health and durability is always nice" he said with a smile. 

I made more boxing motions as I replied, "Oh, don't worry, I'm making sure to max my unarmed damage before anything else." I stopped and traversed into a pensive state for a moment, "I just want to know if there are any artisans around... I could use some accessories to boost my damage and accuracy." I shook my head and moved on over the hill to look over a pack of little orange creatures.

I pointed at the pack, "These are want I'm wanting.  Look how cool they look - they've got that sweet horn, some kind of Japanese character on their chests, and wait a moment..." I bent down and picked a fragment of a stick from the long grass and aimed it at the Weasels.  I launched it forward, landing it in the middle of the group, and one of them stared at it,  its tail untwisting to reveal a blue, glassy orb inside.  I turned to Xion and gave him a mischievous grin.

"If you need an artisan there's Vasth" he said before Grave pointed out the small weasel-like creatures, throwing a stick at them to reveal a blue orb in the tails of one. "What the...what is that?" the tank said, intrigued as he bent down to get a closer look at the orb. It was blue and seemed to be made out of a glass-like substance, it also seemed to give off an almost otherworldly glow. "I have never seen anything like this before..." he said. 

"One of our recruits is an Artisan, eh?  That sure will come in handy, for all of us." I pondered.  It seemed like the recruits were going to be a tad better than I expected.  When Xion's interest piqued at the sight of the Weasels, I shot my reply.  "Yup, and I want to tame one!" I told him, before materializing some of the bread from my inventory.  I had them from the very start and barely ate any, so using them to feed the Weasels was for the better.  I began to stall towards them, keeping my steps as quiet as possible.

Xion noticed what Grave was trying to do, and decided to help in any way he could. The tank flanked around the small group of animals, aiming to appear behind them, as to block their avenue of escape. Moving as quietly as someone wearing a full suit of armour could, he slowly made his way around them before grabbing the shield from his back, and slowly planting it in the ground behind the small creatures, trapping them in the bush. 

I seriously wasn't sure how to approach the Weasels.  Should I have just chucked the bread?  Thrown little crumbs?  Approached one and hand-fed it?  What?!  Thankfully, Xion had a bright idea; he trapped the small orange creatures with his enormous shield (how did he carry that?!) and sat like a sentry at the edge of the brush.  I threw him a smirk of approval and began to approach the Weasels, bread in hand.

(My next post will be the fifteenth post; the capture post)

Xion nodded to Grave. Hopefully this wouldn't bee too painful a, he didn't want to harm the animals, but if they panicked and ran into his shield they could take damage from the thorns. Nevertheless he kept a firm grip on his shield, ensuring that the creatures didn't escape so that Grave could, hopefully take one quickly and without any complications.

(Oh, damn, I wasn't actually expecting first attempt to work XD We're going to need to fill the rest of the page with fodder :P)

I crouched down low near the small, orange creatures, and three looked straight at me.  I personally didn't know whether they were just curious or giving me the death stare.  One of the three was the former, apparently.  It slunk up to me, keeping its eyes locked on the bread in my hand.  I extended the loaf to the animal, and it sniffed the food for a moment, before taking a nibble... Then a bite... And then yanking the entire thing out of my hands!  It soon devoured the loaf (not by itself, of course. It shared with its friends).  The Weasel scampered back to me and leapt at my midsection, wrapping itself around my waist as a living belt.

"Well, that was too easy." I muttered to Xion as the rest of the weasels became further curious and surrounded my legs. A tab popped up in my vision, asking me to enter a name for my pet 'Weasel Mage'.  I threw a nervous glance to Xion for help.

---

ID: 29292 (Awesome number!)

LD: 12 = Taming success (No buffs)

Edited by Grave

Xion thought for a second, before nearly dying with laughter, falling to the floor as he did. "Please, please call it Weaseldore" he said in between laughing fits. This continued for a minute or two before the tank collected himself and got up.  "Wait...I've got it! Furlin" he said with a chuckle. 

I couldn't stop laughing at Xion's suggestions.  Man, they were golden!  Weaseldore and Furlin?  Absolutely bloody beautiful!  But... Maybe we could come up with something not so obvious?

"Maybe we could delve a little deeper into it?  Those names are beautiful, but first of all, I'm not sure if its a guy or a girl yet, and second, those names are a little too obvious, don't you think?" I replied, before pondering for a moment.  They had Japanese characters on their chests, so maybe...

No, nothing came to mind.  Maybe I was going to have to resort to Furlin after all...

Xion scratched his chin as he thought. "How about Hikari?  I think it means light in Japanese, maybe it could mean the light off hope for those fighting to beat this game" he said with a smile, as he looked at the little creature. "He's bloody adorable"

(Don't we have a player named Hikari on this site? XD)

"That's... A very nice name, I reckon." I replied. "Not completely masculine, not completely feminine." I tapped the name bar and the virtual keyboard popped up.  My slender fingers flew in a silver-plated blur across the letters, entering the name 'Hikari'.  Satisfied with the name, I hit enter and the box disappeared.  Hikari popped its head up from his hiding place from my waist and looked up at me with adorable, beady eyes.  A tiny yellow cursor had appeared above it, marking it as my familiar.  Tired of calling it 'it', I searched through my menu and navigated to my familiar page; Hikari was a female.  Alright, no problem at all!

"Hikari's a girl." I informed Xion with a warm smile.  I wondered what I could do to look at her personality over the next few minutes...

Xion smiled as he gentlly stroked the little creature "Hey Hikari" he said, grinning from ear to ear as he admired her. "So...we still have some time to kill, any ideas?" he said with a smile as he stopped looking at the little creature and faced Grave. The player had a couple of ideas, but he wanted to have Grave's input first, just to make sure that he wasn't going to do anything that his friend didn't like. "We could get a couple of drinks, fight some MOBs, maybe even duel. Again depends on what you want to do"