[PP-F3] Long Time No S- What is That?! <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Xion)

"I think a rematch is in order... But I get to choose the rules.  Fist fighting; I get to use my gauntlets, you get nothing except your shield and armour.  Sound about fair?" I proposed.  After all, he was massively tanky, and I only had some aesthetic clothing.  I had a heap of damage with my fists; he had none.  It was a rather fair fight.  I waited for Xion's input on the matter, before sending the duel request.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion nodded, as it seemed fair, the player had extremely large reserves of health, that and his strikes where nasty, especially on crits which paralysed. He unequipped the Slicing Maelstrom, before accepting the duel request. 

ID: 29318

LD: 11 (To see who goes first) 

He held his shield in his left hand, planting it firmly in the ground in front of him, ready to block any of Grave's attacks. His right hand was empty, but he kept it in a half-wound up position, so that he was ready to strike when needed. "Good luck..." he said. 

Xion (51/51) 

Grave (33/33)

Edited by Xion

I sat back on my right leg, my left in front.  My plated fists were raised in a boxer's position, while my feet were in a more taekwondo style.  I watched Xion raise his shield up.  I could only hope he didn't take the quest without telling me.

I decided to find out for myself. "You take the first swing.  I just want to know if the grass is in your favour today." I taunted Xion, smacking my chest lightly with my left fist.

---

ID: 29319

LD: 14 = Yeah, I get to go first, but...

BD: 1 = CRITICAL FAILURE AT THE START

Grave: 33/33 HP

Xion: 51/51 HP

ID: 29324

BD: 4 (Fail)  [+1 Heavy momentum] 

Xion nodded and ran towards Grave, aiming for a simple strike to the player's torso. He wound up the strike as he ran, and then went for it, but Grave's superior speed won out and the player was able to dodge Xion's attack easily. He frowned, before backing off, planting his shield in the ground once more. "It would seem, that the grass favours you..." he said. 

Xion (51/51) [1 Heavy Momentum] 

Grave (33/33)

I swiftly side stepped the tank's lunge at me, the fist whistling past my right ear.  I pivoted backwards and aimed to deliver a hammerfist, but my gauntlet produced an enormous CLANG! as it collided with the equally enormous shield.  I pushed my weight into the tank and popped my head around the shield to look him in the eye, an excited grin on my lips.  Hikari seemed to want to join in, and spiralled up to my shoulder, mimicking my facial expression.

---

ID: 29401

BD: 5 = Failure

Grave: 33/33 HP

ID: 29460

BD: 6 ( 3 DMG) 

Xion grinned as Grave's fist collided with his shield, both of the players pushing against each other to somehow get an advantage. "The grass...it may favour you...but grass trembles in the face of a maelstrom!" he said before his superior strength stat won. The tank gave one last push with his shield, knocking Grave back before he followed up with a direct hit to the abdomen. Xion grinned as he saw some of Grave's HP drop, that punch had the tank's entire body behind it, if someone could feel pain in SAO, that would've hurt. 

Xion smiled before he planted his shield in the ground once more "If you think you can overcome the force of a Maelstrom, then strike me!"

Xion (51/51) 

Grave (30/33)

(I hate my life so much... Also, why 3 damage? You only had basic + heavy momentum?)

I felt the air knocked from my lungs as Xion's fist sunk into my abdomen.  If I could only get one strike in... I could paralyze him.  I looked Xion in the eyes, flashing a sinister smile, before grabbing his wrist and wrenching it. I pulled it around behind his back and used it to push him away to make some distance between ourselves. I have a few huffs of frustration, before my breath returned to normal, and I sized up my incredibly large opponent.

---

ID: 29476

BD: 4 = Failure

Grave: 30/33 HP

ID: 29480

BD: 2 (Miss) [+1 Heavy momentum]  (I did 3 DMG because I have athletics, which gives me +1 DMG) 

Xion grunted as Grave somehow grabbed the tank's wrist, pulling a pretty dirty move before pushing him away from the player. "I forgot, the grass prefers such tactics" he said with a smile before planting his shield firmly in the ground. There was no point in going for an attack, the man could easily dodge the tank's attacks. "It would seem that you have improved greatly since our last duel..." he said, excited for the real battle to start. 

Xion (51/51) [1 Heavy momentum] 

Grave (30/33)

(The grass loves me <3)

"Who was it that started off getting their ass handed to them?" I trash talked Xion after he hid behind his shield.  Yeah, like that was going to stop me.  I ran up to the shield and jumped up, nimbly landing on top before jumping behind Xion. I spun around and planted a plated fist in the middle of Xion's spine, and an electric shock seemed to reverberate through his armour. Hikari soon dropped from the sky onto my head, like a furry hat and squeaked her approval, nodding her horned head.

---

ID: 29483

BD: 9 = Crit +1 (4 DMG + Paralyze)

Xion: 50/51 HP

Edited by Grave

( I would only take one damage, due to DMG MIT) 

Xion grunted as he fell to the ground, his body unresponsive as he fought to move. Nothing. "Never thought that I would ever have this used against me... but such is life" he said, as he looked up at grave. The player looked slightly menacing as he stood above the tank, but Xion knew that this was just a minor setback, he had more than enough health to last out the duel, and with his high DMG MIT Grave's strikes did near to nothing. 

Xion (50/51) [PAR for 1 turn]  [1 Heavy Momentum] 

Grave (30/33) 

Edited by Xion

(HOW MUCH DO YOU HAVE?!)

Bloody hell, he really was a tank! Barely any of is health chipped off of the curved, green bar! No matter. While my opponent was paralysed, I struck again, my fist catching him in the side of the head and knocking him to the ground.  I leapt back and skidded across the grass, finding safety some five meters away from Xion. No way was I going to win, not with his armour rating.

---

ID: 29488

BD: 8 = Success (3 - 2 = 1 DMG)

Xion: 49/51 HP

(3, I also have 2 Thorns : D ) 

ID: 29510

BD: 2 (Fail) [+1 Heavy momentum] 

CD: 10 (+2 HP

Xion grunted as Grave punched him, before running away, seemingly ignorant of the damage that he had taken from the thorns on Xion's armour. He grinned as he got up, dusting himself off. "I don't even need to hit you to win Grave, my thorns will slowly damage you while <<Battle Healing>> heals me" he said with a chuckle as he felt his wounds healing, his <<Battle healing>> Kicking in. 

Xion (51/51)   [2 Heavy Momentum] 

Grave (28/33) 

(Oh, bloody hell XD I may as well have Grave just call it quits then)

That was when the pain hit me. I could feel a sharp, jabbing pain in my fist and crawling up my arm into my body and tearing away a part of my health. I looked Xion in the eye. There was no way I was going to win. I'd be half way down by the time I'd have taken away five HP from him. I contemplated calling off the duel... I couldn't fight against someone that tanky... I looked to Hikari on my shoulder, and she squeaked as if to tell me to keep fighting. Why was even my own pet against me?

---

ID: 29512

BD: 2 = Failure

Grave: 28/33 HP

ID: 29516

BD: 7 (4 DMG. 2+2 (HvyM) 

Xion chuckled as reality hit Grave like a truck: There was no way he could win this duel. Xion knew this, but still the thrill of the fight was there. While Grave was distracted with his pet, Xion decided to strike. He charged towards Grave, with surprising speed for a tank and bashed the player with his shield, knocking him to the ground, before following up with a punch to the chest, dealing some decent damage. "Never let your guard down..." he said, as he slowly backed off, his shield raised. 

Xion (51/51)  

Grave (24/33) 

I quickly pushed myself up, adrenaline manipulating my movements like a puppeteer. I pushed off from the ground and sped around to Xion's side. "And you should never leave your rear unguarded." I back-sassed, before swinging my arm around in a hammerfist, the gauntlet colliding with Xion's back. I swear his spine collapsed or something... Oh, no, never mind, that was the paralyse again. Hikari squeaked her approval upon my shoulder and rubbed the side of her head against my jaw.

---

ID: 29517

BD: 10 = Crit +2 (5 - 3 = 2 DMG + paralyse)

Grave: 22/24 HP (2 Thorns)

Xion: 49/51 HP

(Thorns only activates on BD rolls 6-8) 

Xion frowned as Grave managed to paralyse him again. "You know this is sort of funny, I usually chain Paralyse people in PVP, and now my own tactic is being used against me, almost poetic" he knew that there was no point in even attempting to move, he was powerless until the effects of paralysis wore off. Although he did have to think about what Grave said about his back being unguarded, it was a problem, but not an easily fixed one, he needed his shield for frontal defence, as tanks generally are better PVE than PVP. He sighed, waiting for the paralysis to wear off. 

Xion (49/51)  

Grave (24/33) 

I felt <<Battle Healing>> get to work, but nowhere near as good as Xion's. I had to make the most of the time I had while he was paralysed; I really didn't want to deal with another one of his massive punches. Before the effect wore off, I threw a straight punch directly at Xion's head, my fist colliding with his jaw on the earth. I leapt away and skidded for a moment, and I could feel that stabbing pain again. I was NOT going to win.

---

ID: 29554

BD: 6 = Success (3 - 2 = 1 DMG + 2 thorns)

CD: 10 = +1 HP

Grave: 23/33 HP

Xion: 48/51 HP

ID: 29556

BD: 6 (2 DMG) 

Xion grunted as Grave delivered a sharp blow to the player's jaw, forcing his head into the ground with a dull thud, before retreating, obviously fearing a counter-attack from the tank. "Impressive, you've become much stronger" he said with a smile before running towards Grave, swinging his fist around the right, which the player easily dodge. But, unknown to Grave Xion's shield was waiting for him. He had dodged to the left, putting himself in  the perfect position to be hit by Xion's shield, he held it horizontally and drove the flat end of iti into Grave's side, knocking him over with the sheer force. 

Xion (48/51)  

Grave (21/33) 

"Yeah, but either way this goes, I'm not going to win." I replied, rubbing my chest tenderly. "That Thorns is a bitch!" I pushed off at Xion and cocked my elbow back. I slung it forwards towards his shield, while my left went for the top of the shield. If I could just land one hit...

Nope. Xion brought his shield up and smashed it into my arm, possibly breaking the bone. I winced in pain as my right fist continued its path and collided with the shield, producing a sound you would expect to hear from a train wreck. The vibration was sent through the ground beneath us, and sent leaves and dust rocketing up. Hikari squeaked in displeasure from the flying debris, crawling down and hiding in my collar.

---

ID: 29558

BD: 2 = Failure

Grave: 21/33 HP

Xion: 48/51

ID: 29562

BD: 1 (FAIL) [+1 Heavy momentum] 

As Xion's shield and Grave's fist collided, a sort of shockwave was created, disturbing the ground beneath them in a Dragon ball-esque fashion as the two players fought against each other. "It's no use Grave, I have the high ground!" he said, as they fought harder and harder, Grave's feet slowly being pushed back a couple of inches, as well as Xion's as the sheer force of the struggle displaced the earth around them. 

(The references are real XD)  

Xion (48/51)   [1 Heavy Momentum]  

Grave (21/33)