[PP-F1] Recruit, Fall In - Guild - COMPLETE!!

ID: 29051, 29053
LD: 5, 17

As Shirosu was completing her conquest of the boar Mack was only half paying attention. While it was true that he was paying attention to what the silver-haired woman was doing with her dagger to the boar, and noting with approval that she got right up to continue successfully prosecuting the battle against the low-level creature, it was equally true that he was also spending some time and attention on the ground as he searched for crafting materials. As Shirosu hit the boar and defeated it in a shower of pixels, Mack still hadn't found anything.

"You're certainly learning," Mack admitted, noting that Shirosu had used a reverse grip throughout the fight with the boar. Still, he continued to prod through the grass with the haft of his bearded axe. "Now, you can continue with boars or we can move to something a little bit more interesting," the blonde man continued, finally hearing the metallic clunk that signified another crafting material, which the axe-man stooped to retrieve.

Looking over in curiosity Shirosu asked,"More interesting? I thought there where only boars on the first level....Oh wait righhht!" she exclaimed slapping her forehead "I forgot there were wolves too" she cocked her head to think about then, jumped up and down and said,"Sure ill take on a wolf, never like mutts anyway they drool too much" With that she scanned the immediate area for any wolf and when she didn't spot one she began to jog further down the field to find her prey. "Here doggy, doggy, doggy" she called, her hands at her mouth in hopes of naively attracting one.

"I was more referring to the fact that you could simply fight me," Mack said to Shirosu's retreating back, loudly enough that he was reasonably certain she would hear him. A duel, while it wouldn't result in either one of them dying, per se, would be a good way for Mack to actually gauge the silver-haired fighter's skills on a personal level. If she won the duel then that would be good enough to count as a third kill and, if she didn't, they could always track down another boar or a wolf. "If I fight unarmed, you'll actually hit harder than I do since I don't have any ranks in martial arts yet. Completely up to you, Recruit."

"Oh......" Shirosu turned around and bounced on back, her cheeks obviously coloured in embarrassment, walking up to the burly blacksmith she asked,"So how does fighting another player work? Considering my lower hp and everything" she was genuinely curious, she knew fighting another player would be interesting and even thought she really didn't have to high of hopes for winning, she was always up for the experience. 

If there was one thing to be said for Shirosu, among many, it was that she had a nearly irrepressible happiness. "Fighting another player is relatively simple," Mack replied, answering the question that the Guild's recruit had posed to him. "One of the two fighters sends the other a duel proposal, which the other player can accept or decline. Typically, they each agree to the terms of the duel ahead of time and then they fight until there's a winner," Mack continued, explaining the duel system to Shirosu. "So, if we're going to do things this way instead of killing another boar or a wolf then we need to set down the rules. I'll fight with my bare fists, since that will prevent me from accidentally killing you. Shall we say, first to land three strikes on the other player," the Grandmaster asked, sending a duel invitation to Shirosu.

"Ok" she said "Sounds straight forward enough" she looked at the little screen and accepted the duel, and a count down started in front of her. Hesitating she asked,"Now who attacks first?" she wanted to make sure she knew what she was doing so that she wouldn't get completely pummeled, that was the hope any way. She finally started to take a competitive look of Mack, she was much smaller and lighter, so hopefully she could use that to her advantage to doge around the blonde mans attacks. But one solid hit from him would probably send her soaring through the sky so she would have to careful and try to distribute his attacks to less central areas so she wouldn't end up being a bird. 

OOC: The way I've done duels in the past is... if the BD is high enough that you hit, just write out the strike and the hit. If the BD is low enough that you miss, write an open ended strike and leave it to the OTHER PLAYER to write out how they dodged. Does that work for you?

As the timer appeared in the air in front of them Mack planted Guillotine in the ground by burying the blade of the weapon in the grass so that the haft stood up at an odd angle. As the timer continued to tick down he pulled up his inventory and unequipped the Angelic Sheath, replacing it with his beginner clothing. If he were to use his heavy armor then there would still be a chance of accidentally killing Shirosu since she'd take two damage from thorns every time she hit him and, since this wasn't a true duel but more of an instructive exercise, then it made no sense to make things unnecessarily difficult. As the final numbers ticked down and the duel began, Mack held up his right hand and made a gesture to Shirosu. "Attack when you're ready," he rumbled.

OOC: Most defintily <3 is it ok if i put your hp down?

• ID: 29311
  • BD: 7 (hit) 
  • Shirosu 13/13
  • Mack 38/41

"Alright!" she said getting pumped when the timer hit 0 she sprinted towards the burly man keeping her knife with a forward hold. She was hoping to confuse him into thinking that she was trying to play it safe, when in reality she would reverse it when she reached him. Leaping into the air she quickly switched her grip into the reverse one and using the momentum she sliced down hard. Shirosu felt the blade hit but wasnt sticking around to find out how Mack reacted, instead she used her feet to leap of his chest and back to a safe distance where she would then turn around to see the extent of her damage. 

OOC: is this alright? 

Edited by Shirosu

OOC: Works for me :)

ID: 29315
BD: 2
Mack: 48/51
Shirosu: 13/13

As Shirosu sprinted towards him, Mack crossed his arms over his chest and waited for the silver haired woman to attack. He was wanted to see how fast and how accurate she could strike with the long knife that he had provided for her use. She leaped into the air and brought the knife down on him. Mack checked his heath bar. It was only down three points. He shrugged, not overly concerned with having taken the hit since he knew Shirosu would have to strike him for several hours in order to actually kill him. "Not bad, can you do it again?"

• ID 29341
  • BD: 4+1=5 (Miss)
  • Shirosu 13/13
  • Mack 48/51

"I can try" she called, almost relived he hadent pummeled her into a grease spot in the field. leaving the dagger in a reverse grip she sprinted once again at the burly man but something felt wrong. She knew the moment she switched directions in order to try and fake him out she had messed up, because her ankle rolled on her, Oh no. was all she thought as she fell forward, an easy target for anything that had the ability to move and hit.  She grit her teeth and prepared for a hit, in the back of her mind hoping he would miss. 

ID: 29351
BD: 6 (4+1 Charm+1 Concentration) - Begin Cooldown
Mack: 48/51
Shirosu: 12/13 (-1 Dam.)

Mack watched with narrowed grey eyes as Shirosu sprinted in again. She was following the same pattern in her attacks, she would need to be broken of that habit. While it would work on lower floors against little mobs, it would be suicidal to use the same attack again, and again, and again on the higher floors against mobs with smarter artificial intelligences and against other players who would eventually learn how to block it. Of course, Shirosu never got the chance to launch her attack as her footing betrayed her and she stumbled in.

"You need to change up your attack pattern and type," he rumbled in a low tone, catching her knife hand by the wrist in his own right hand and dragged Shirosu's knife hand across her body, spinning the silver haired woman around so that her back was pressed firmly against the blonde man's chest. "Using the same skill again and again is predictable and players and mobs will adjust." With his left arm wrapped firmly around Shirosu, he forced her knife hand slowly back to her body just enough so that the silver-haired woman's own blade just nicked her midriff to register in the game engine. With the hit registered, and the lesson hopefully learned, the burly man released Shirosu and pushed her gently away to continue the duel.

• ID: 29402
  • BD: 8 (hit)
  • Shirosu 12/13
  • Mack 45/51(-3 DMG)

Shirosu struggled in vain against the large mans arms, quite helpless in his grip. While she wasted energy uselessly trashing about he calmly mentored her on changing her patterns of attack and trying to think more about how it would turn out. "Got it" she gasped and squealed very quietly when he nicked her with her own blade. When he released her she pounced away like a feral creature kept in a cage to long and started circling him, looking for openings. She sized him up again trying to think what would work against someone tall, then she realized, maybe she could use his height against him? 

Crouching low to the ground she tried using a zigg zaging pattern, never staying in one spot to long, she eyes never leaving a spot on his feet. as she near him, still constantly changing direction, she made as if to try and hamstring him, but at the last second she changed tactic and glanced up, slicing higher up then her eyes would have hinted at. She felt the blade meet an area around the chest and did her best to doge around to his backside where she would be harder to grab. 

OOC: This is why Mack's fighting Shirosu unarmed. If he'd been using Guillotine, the hit I just landed would have been a killing blow (-9 Dam., plus -2 bleed each of the next two rounds). :)

ID: 29408
BD: 10 (9+1)
Mack: 45/51
Shirosu: 9/13 (-3 Dam.)

Faster than would have seemed possible for a man the size of Mack, he dropped his own center of gravity as Shirosu was trying to speed past him. His right leg swung out and swept the silver-haired woman's legs out from under her. Before she could even hit the ground though he had wrapped a hand in the fabric of the the front of Shirosu's shirt, hefting her out of the air with one hand after her legs had been swept and not terribly caring about how awkward the attack might have been. Like the strike of a rattlesnake, Mack's left hand snaked out and deftly removed Eagle's Claw from Shirosu's grip. 

"Better, but a bit too slow. Next time use a reverse grip, plunge the blade into a thigh or hip and then roll out," Mack rumbled, still holding the woman off of the ground. Then he tapped her with the flat of the blade right between the eyes before nicking her midriff with its tip once again. After scoring the hit he tossed the warrior woman lightly backwards and tossed the knife so that it landed with the blade in the ground at her feet. "Two to two, next hit wins."

Edited by Mack

OOC: Yup she would have been toast, poor thing, still got a ways to go. XD

• ID: 29411
  • BD: 2
  • Shirosu 9/13
  • Mack 45/51

When her feet were swept from under her Shirosu full expected to hit the floor and roll away, nope, her feet never touched the ground. Growling when he grabbed the front of her shirt and held her up in the air, her dagger quickly plucked from her grip. She gave the man a very harsh glare, her eyes burning for two reasons, she was frustrated at being so easy to catch, second of all, where he had grabbed her..... She blinked in shock when he smacked with her the flat between the eyes,  before nicking her again. When he threw her backwards and her feet touched the ground she quickly scooped up her knife and stalked around Mack once more , but not really sure how to proceed. 

She decided to try one last tactic, she started jogging around Mack, trying to keep him guessing when she would attack, then she lept high up,  bearing down with the knife in a stabbing motion like he had advised, she was doubting this would work, but there was only so much you can do, when your new short, have no raw strength and were low level, so she prayed for the best and gave it her all. 

OOC: she is just DONE XD stupid rolls haha

Edited by Shirosu

ID: 29415
BD: 3 (2+1)
Shirosu: 9/13

"Not bad," Mack rumbled in a low-tone, dodging neatly to one side as Shirosu came flying in to launch another aerial strike. As she came in, he simply, and abruptly, ducked at the waist which caused Shirosu's attack to sail over him. "And, if you think I'm going to apologize for grabbing you, then you're badly mistaken. To survive in SAO you must treat the game world as the real world. That means you must treat every combat encounter, even this training duel, as a life and death struggle. I would not apologize to an enemy soldier on the battlefield for killing him, nor would I feel guilt and remorse for killing someone who is trying to injure or kill me. Similarly, I will not apologize for any awkward moments in combat training. At the same time, I also don't expect you to apologize should you strike me in the groin or any other sensitive area since I would expect nothing less in a life and death struggle. In SAO any polite niceties of combat go out the window, especially in a PVP fight, when the loser will die and even though this is not a life and death match you should still mentally treat it as such since, had I been wielding Guillotine just now you would be dead."

OOC: OTL These rolls hate me

• ID: 29419
  • BD: 3+1=4 (miss)
  • Shirosu 9/13
  • Mack 45/51

She recognized the truth in words quite readily, but it still didn't do much too soothe her swiftly decreasing confidence.  Shaking her head she laughed at the obscurity of her situation, "I feel like a horse fly annoying a bear, enough bite to be of interest, but no more then an annoyance"  Getting her game face back on she decided to try something...odd instead of trying to win in speed she was going to hopefully, confuse him. she lowered her knife slightly and walked towards him, her pace even, almost appearing non threatening. Once she got almost within arms reach she decided to try it, figuring she had nothing to lose. rather rapidly she droped to the ground and shot through tall mans legs, hoping she wouldn't get caught, and taking his advice about not caring for polite behavior and tried to aim a kick in between his legs in a rather un-lady like fashion.

OCC: poor thing is desperate haha, she ain't a lucky one,   

OOC: Heh, oops. Also, the sparring match DOES count as your third required kill :). Also, not sure what Shirosu is wearing, so you can decide how awkward or not this is.

ID: 29422
BD: 7 (6+1)
Shirosu: 8/13 (-1 Dam.)

Mack dropped into an easy fighting stance and watched Shirosu advance, trying to guess what she would try to do next. The silver-haired woman was getting gradually more and more creative, which was a definite positive. When she went darting between his legs and tried to land a crotch shot, Mack was certainly surprised. Of course, Shirosu wasn't the first one to try that tactic but, unlike Koumori, she didn't succeed. Dropping quickly, the blonde man snagged the offending foot of Shirosu and dragged her back out before she could completely get through and then proceeded to lift her up into the air by that foot clearly not caring how undignified and unladylike Shirosu found the position. Mack lifted her off the ground by her ankle until they were as close to eye level as Mack could raise the silver-haired woman while she was dangling upside down.

"I may not expect an apology for the tactic, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still piss me off," the blonde behemoth said in a conversational tone, his storm grey eyes narrowing ever so slightly. Reaching out with his free hand, he tweaked Shirosu's nose hard enough to cause a single point of damage to her health and, in so doing, win the duel. "You'll have to face the embarrassing consequences of failing in your attempt," the Grandmaster continued, tossing Shirosu over his shoulder and beginning to march back towards town, seemingly making it clear that he intended to march all the way back to his forge with the silver-haired woman thrown over his shoulder as if she were a spoil of war.

OOc: Oh hahaha! This is good! she wearing leggings but i can still pull this off XD

"Whaaaa!" she exclaimed, as she found herself upside down with her shirt riding down towards her face, squeaking she grabbed the hem and tugged it back to her waist before it could go past an important area her pale cheeks becoming scarlet. Shirosu's  hair dangling in a long mess below her as she puffed out her cheeks in a pouting motion and stuck out her tongue knowing that she had angered him ohh so slightly with that low blow. "Ouch!" she said when he tweaked her nose, but she quickly forgot about that as she got swung onto his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and they started moving towards town, "Hey!" she yelled, pounding at his back feebly with her fists "I'm not two, i can walk"! but she figured she would be stuck like this all the way back to the forge. Groaning in defeat she relaxed, occasionally punching the gigantic man lightly in the back but for now, she was stuck.

"Oh, I know you can walk," Mack rumbled in reply, completely ignoring the pouty face that Shirosu was making as she clutched at the shirt of her beginning clothing. "But, as I said, while I don't expect an apology for the attack you do still have to live with the consequences of making me angry by attempting it. Nice try, inventive by the way. Pity it didn't work. You're going to be carried into the City of Beginnings to the sounds of tumultuous cheering from your Guildmates. So, relax, we don't have that far to walk," the hulking man rumbled, swinging Shirosu up onto his shoulders as if she weighed nothing at all.

REWARDS:

Mack:

+1 SP (Thread)
+3 Mats (Searching - Spent already)

Shirosu:

+1 SP (Thread)
+2 Mats (Mob Kills)
+400 Col (Thread)
Guild Promotion to rank of Soldier