[PP-F5]-Blood in the Sand (Xion)

Beoreson having had a survived the encounter with a field boss in the frozen waste land know as floor four, decided that he wanted to go to the fifth floor. He invited Xion to come with him on another field boss run that he had heard about. He heard in another tavern that there was a field boss out in the dunes outside of the main settlement. He also realized that he should spend less time time in taverns. He thought about that rather deeply while waiting for Xion to show up. He had his cloak wrapped into a wrap for his head. He looked rather comical, he had winter armor on in the middle of the desert.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xion sighed as he walked through the sandy paths of Armadillo on  floor four, the tank had been in his shop when he had received a PM from Beorson, a member of his guild asking for assistance with the quest <<Blood in the sand>>. Of course Xion was happy to help a fellow guild member, and even better he would be fighting a field boss, Xion's faveourite past-time second only to PVP matches. He searched for the black haired warrior, eventually finding him near the edge of the settlement. 

Xion had his Maelstrom armour set and Maelstrom aegis equipped, it was a menacing, dark grey suit (Look in evals if you don't know what it looks like : ] ) which almost seemed to have an aura to it. The Aegis of the Maelstrom, a large greatshield was strapped to his back, along with the Slicing Maelstrom. "Beor, how are you doing?" he asked in a friendly tone as he approached the player. 

Beoreson offers his hand to the young warrior,"Good to see that you haven't killed over yet." says the warrior greeting the man. He looks to the man,"Ever heard of the manbearpig, well that's what we are going to go kill." says as he just removes his cloak. Reveling his pale face, and dark hair. "No, we just hunting a shark that swims though sand like water."says the warrior as he equips Shadow's Strike. He now has a darkly tinted breastplate on. He also, has greves and, boots on. "I got Wolf's Vanguard, and my sword." says the warrior. "You ready, to go wonder around the desert looking for a shark?' asks the warrior as he motions for the man to follow him to the dunes.

Xion nods. "You know this reminds me of a certain terrible movie..." he said with a slight chuckle as they began to walk out of Armadillo and into the unforgiving dunes of floor five. But the heat didn't bother Xion as he had the <<Survival>> skill and thus wasn't affected by extreme temperatures. "So, what have you been doing since we last met?" he asked the raven haired warrior as they slowly traversed the dunes, they hadn't met since the formation of the guild, and Xion was curious as to what the player had been up to since then. 

"I've done quite a bit. I trained a new recruit, his name is Vasth." says the warrior beginning the list of things he did. "I been grinding and, doing weapons training. I killed a field boss, and have been working on my blacksmithing" says the warrior gesturing to the armor he is wearing. He also pats his blade. "So, what have you been up?" asks the raven haired warrior his blue eyes beaming with curiosity. He started walking out to the dunes, as he drew his sword. He knew that the shark randomly launched itself from the sand and, attacked.

"Similar things, trained a recruit called Alex, nice guy. I've also been working on my blacksmithing, it's how I got my armour and shield. Other than that I've been killing field bosses, completing quests etcetera" he said with a smile, before noticing that the raven haired player had drawn his sword "Don't worry, you can see that thing coming from a mile away, it's dorsal fin is almost always visible" he said, before noticing something on the horizon. "Look like it's approaching, but it's a good few minutes away..." he said, drawing his shield and sword too. "Be ready" he said.  

"I'll need to meet the guy. I heard we got a third recruit as well." says the warrior. "Heard Mack trained her. Can't remember her name but, I found a note in his shop that he was off training." says the warrior completely chilled out. It is obvious the guy is no longer the twitchy, and clumsy warrior that he was the last time you met him. He goes into a defensive stance as he waits for the shark to reach their position. (rolling)

(I meant for this to be part of the last post)

ID# 29206
BD:1 MD:9

Beoreson's HP:35-3+2=34

Xion's HP:43

Shark's HP:50

Beoreson gasps in shock as the shark goes under the sand. It's fin along with it. The warrior looks around for any sign of the shark he notices that there is movement to his left. The shark's fin clips the warrior as he dodges to the side avoiding the majority of the blow. He looks to Xion," I told Manbearpig was real!". He then, with a grin prepares to attack the beast. He looks around for it and, managed to lose track of the monster. "Well this is going to go well. Are you able to see it?" asks the warrior scanning the area in front of him for the shark

Edited by Beoreson

Xion frowned as Beorson was hit by the beast. "Stay behind me, don't put yourself in any unnecessary danger, that's my job" he said before turning to face where the shark had burrowed into the sand once more, a dorsal fin visible above the sand. Xion inhaled deeply, before letting out a bestial howl, drawing the boss' attention as it sharply turned in Xion's direction. "I should be taking the aggro now..." he said, as he planted his greatshield firmly in the sand, as a wall between the boss, and the two players. 

Xion (49/49) [HATE: 3] [Why did you put it as 43?]

Beorson (34/35) [HATE: 0] 

Sand Shark (50/50)

(I messed up on my math, I apparently need to count on my fingers still.)

ID# 29209 BD:2 CD:6 MD:4

Beoreson's HP:34

Xion's HP:49

Shark's HP:50

The warrior looks towards Xion."Sorry, been soloing for a while. Last time I was in a group was when we went though that dungeon." explains the warrior. Beoreson watched as the shark appeared again, and clashed with Xion. The warrior was dumbfounded at the speed of the shark. He looks to Xion, "Are all monsters this fast?" asks the warrior as the beast flies by the warrior as he makes attempt to make a attack on the shark again. He watches as the shark circles away and, then disappears for a moment, and then reappears. The shark was making a rather wide circle around them.

Edited by Beoreson

ID: 29213

BD: 4 (MISS +1 Stack of heavy momentum) 

Xion shook his head "Not all, this one is known for it's speed" he said as the beast circled around again, leaping out of the sand to attempt an attack on Xion, which the warrior blocked. He then went for a counter attack, but was too slow due to his armour. "Only downside to being a tank: You're slow as hell" he said with a sigh as he raised his shield once more, assuming a defensive stance. 

Xion (49/49) [HATE: 3] [1 Heavy momentum] 

Sand Shark (50/50)

ID# 29214 BD:3 CD:4 MD:4 (Yeah, I love when I'm running to threads and only one gets good rolls...This isn't cool)

+2 damage from heavy momentum

Shark:50

Beoreson watches as the shark comes flying towards Xion and, the two clash. The shark is once again left without a successful strike. "You know what sucks about using ninja weapons but, wearing a plate and, a cloak made of chain mail? My weapon's are just as effective when you use them with light armor and, I'm weighed down by the metal." says the warrior. "Heavy armor problems." he jokingly says as he watches the shark make the large turn again.

ID: 29216

BD: 5 (RNGesus why) [MISS +1 Heavy momentum] 

Xion nodded in agreement before the shark leaped at him once more, missing again. The tank then went for a lunge, but was too slow to catch the creature. "Damn...well at the least when I hit I'll be hitting hard" he said with a chuckle as he focused on the dorsal fin, tracking it's movements. "Be careful..." he said, as he moved his shield to defend the two players once more. 

Xion (49/49) [HATE: 3] [2 Heavy momentum] 

Sand Shark (50/50)

ID# 29217 BD:6 CD:2 MD:9 (+1 damage)

Xion's HP:49-1=48

Sand Shark's HP:50-7=43

Beoreson steps out from the shield so, he can make his next attack. He watches as the shark smashes into the shield, and takes damage. Beoreson rushes in before the shark can get away and, cuts a small portion of it's fin off. Beoreson watches as his heavy momentum and, his normal damage combine to make a impressive attack. "I could get up to ten damage if I rank up my sword skill" says the warrior more to himself then, to the warrior standing beside him. The shark makes it's long turn back to them.

ID: 29223

BD: 1 (MISS +1 Heavy momentum) 

Xion grinned as the Shark smashed into his shield, unable to break his guard before it took damage from the thorns enhancement on his shield. "Even if I miss, I can still deal damage" he said before quickly going for a jab behind the shield, but missed once more. "It matters not, with all the heavy momentum that I am building up when I hit it will probably take near 10 damage" he said with a smile. 

Xion (48/49) [HATE: 3] [Heavy momentum: 2] 

Beorson (34/35) [HATE: 1]

Sand Shark (43/50)

Edited by Xion

(Heavy momentum caps at two)

ID# 29225 BD:5+2=7 MD:5 CD:5

Xion's HP:48

Sand Shark's HP:43-5=38

Beoreson nods to the warrior that is acting like a metal encased meat shield. He waits for the shark to make it's next attack and, eventually the shark circles back around. The raven haired warrior steps out from the shield and, slashes the monster as it is completely blocked by Xion's shield. He slashes off another pieces of the fin from shark's left flipper. The shark roars in pain as it is cut, from multiple sources. "Good, I will be looking forward to watching the sharks HP drop 20% in one go" says the warrior as he takes shelter behind the shield again.

ID: 29230

CD: 12 (+2 Health) 

Xion grinned as he watched Beorson slash the boss a couple of times, but didn't bother to attack it himself, as there was no way that he could land a hit on the thing. "Well done, I'll be surprised if I even get a hit in at this rate" he said with a chuckle as he felt some of his wounds beginning to heal "<<Battle Healing>> is kicking in, poor thing won't get me below 48" he said. Xion was about to wait for the creature to make another turn, but he then realised that he aggro was close to equal, too close for the tank's liking. So, he inhaled deeply before letting out another <<Howl>>, drawing the beast's attention once more. 

Xion (49/49) [HATE: 6] [2 Heavy momentum] 

Beorson  (34/35) [HATE: 2] 

Sand shark ( 43/50)

(Oh yeah, forgot about agro..)

ID# 29236 BD:10 MD:5 CD:12

Beoreson's HP:34 [4 hate]

Xion's HP:49 [6 hate]

Sand Shark's HP:43-7=36

Beoreson's ears decided to implode and, his ears ring for a few minutes. "Nice one!" yells the warrior sarcastically his ears ringing, and his voice super loud. The warrior then, steps out from the shield as the shark approaches. He waits for the beast to slam into the shield before acting. The warrior chops off the top fin of the shark's tail. Beoreson nods at the fact that he completely severed a chunk of flesh the size of his arm. "Well that answers that question. My sword can chop off arms." says the warrior as he ducked behind the shield once again.

ID: 29487

BD: 4

Xion chuckled as he heard Beorson's response  "You should be able to tell when I am going to <<Howl>> You've known me long enough" he said before the shark turned and went straight for Xion. He could only see the sand that it was kicking up as it burrowed at an alarming speed, before leaping towards them. Xion watched as it soared directly towards him, but he was able to block the beast's attack with his shield, knocking it to the side before it plunged into the sand once more. 

ID# 29538 BD:1 CD:10 MD:1

Beoreson's HP:34+1=35

Sand Shark's HP:36

Beoreson looks to the warrior that was still a glorified meat shield. "You know that we went though one maybe two dungeons right?" asks the raven haired warrior looking at the blond haired man. He notices that the shark was circling around. The shark charged towards them and, the warrior watched with a grin as the shark flew right over them. The shark had tried to leap over the shield, only to miss it's target. Beoreson also, missed his chance to attack, as the shark didn't get knocked down by the shield.