[PP-F2] Metal And Medicine in The Mountains (Kalesh&Piera) [Complete!]

[ID# 29376][LD: 2+1=3]

Kalesh had been spending the better half of the day tapping his foot impatiently against the wooden floor of his inn room. He was starting to get a bit restless with having no weapons at his disposal, and thus being unable to explore the higher floors. He understood and accepted that it was solely his fault it happened, but that didn't particularly help with his frustration and strange sense of anxiety from being cooped up in town for so long. Finally he slams his foot down on the floor before standing and says to himself "Gathering materials it is. I'll drown whoever I gotta in them if it means I'll get to start leveling again." He sighed and shook his head as he headed out of the familiar inn and to the teleport plaza. He momentarily considered where he would go before deciding on the second floor. The monsters he could handle bare-handed if need be, and the land itself was decently rich with materials he assumed from the appearance.

He spent a good few minutes double checking his inventory and what he had equipped, only wearing his breastplate and the luck charm which was hidden underneath it. The more luck he had the better, was the bottom line and undeniable fact of the matter for what he was setting out to do. After reciting the proper command he was teleported to the second floor, and from there he traveled out into the field. As he walked through the forested and mountainous area he kept his eyes averted for several seconds at a time before glancing around warily, ever suspicious, especially now that he was defenseless. Well, not counting the armor. Really it was more like he was offenseless. While momentarily distracted by his own thoughts he was probably skipping over several materials but ignorance was bliss as many would tell you. His green eyes soon turning back to the ground and his surrounding as he casually brushed his long blood red hair out of his eyes.

Edited by Kalesh
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ID# 29388][LD: 4+1=5]

Piera was seriously starting to wonder if Kayaba was secretly the devil. Not just because he trapped tens of thousands of human beings in a death game, but because he apparently did want them all to die. Why else would he have made a game where valuable and needed materials to make life saving crafts so impossible to find?! The alchemist might have begun to crack, just a tad. She and Lee had both been out grinding to little avail, as materials seemed to be rarer and more valuable than oil. The two materials that she had been paid with by Beoreson were quickly made into health crystals and she needed to get more if she wanted to build up her stock again. She hadn't thought her little shop would be successful, but it was doing fairly well considering she had only opened roughly a month ago. Maybe she could work out a trade agreement with Mack and the Crimson Blades...though her own guild might not like that idea.

She had debated going to the floor above her shop's, but doubted that much would grow in such a cold climate and she didn't want to fight alone if she could help it. Every floor above that was sure to have more materials, but also be more dangerous, especially on her own. So she settled for the second floor for now. Sighing, Piera trekked out of the second floor's safe zone of Urbus and into the mountainous range. The alchemist was clad in her dark purple starter clothing, with furred gauntlets and steel breastplate equipped over it. Her two handed lance was also equipped technically but stowed away in her inventory so that she could have use of both hands to search. She searched as she walked, hoping to find mushrooms or the remains of a monster, as unlikely as that was. And it turned out to be extremely unlikely. Having walked for nearly a half an hour with no luck whatsoever, the brunette let out a loud growl of frustration before yelling out, "MATS, MATS, MY KINGDOM FOR SOME MATS!" Certainly not expecting an answer, but wanting to relieve the tension that was growing at her lack of success.

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29396][LD: 17+1=18]

In the distance he heard a woman yell. He couldn't quite make out the words from how far away he was, but the tone itself was upset enough that it piqued his interest. He found himself taking a long breath and clenching his hands into fists. He had the martial arts skill as a worst case scenario so he started to head towards the source of the voice while his eyes searched around for any sign of an ambusher or a mob. He himself lacked any stealth skills so he dropped all pretenses of being sneaky and stepped out into a good clearing as he glanced around and caught sight of a female player. He let out a sigh of relief when it seemed she was simply disgruntled rather than in the midst of an argument or something serious. On further inspection the female player became more and more familiar seeming. To make it seem like he was not staring he decided to start up the conversation. "Hey there! You alright? You were kinda... yelling." He chuckled softly as he tried to remember the name. P-... Pie? It started with a P and an I. He fought the urge to grin and said "Ah! Right! Piera! I remember buying a potion from you!" He chuckled, loosening up a bit as his eyes averted down to the ground around his feet.

He blinked as if something caught his attention and he grinned, a slight glimmer in the dirt leading him to lean down and his hand started to glow faintly a moment before he plunged it into the dirt as if his hand were a spear or a spade more appropriately. A moment later he tugged hard and a hunk of ore was resting in his clenched hand, which he looked over carefully before passing it into his inventory.

[+1 Material!]

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 29399][LD: 2+1=3]

Piera inhaled deeply before letting out a very long sigh until she jumped slightly, startled as she heard a male voice greet her. Whirling around, the brunette eyed the person that had spoken to her. He didn't appear to be particularly high leveled judging by his equipped gear, at least not higher than her, which wasn't saying much. And his demeanor seemed friendly enough. Letting out a weak chuckle, the alchemist nodded. "Y-Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking..." She was lucky that she hadn't drawn the attention of any mobs...or PKs. As the redhead approached, she narrowed her eyes as he said her name and she wondered if they had met when he said that he was a former customer. Eyes widening in surprise behind her oval glasses, Piera spluttered to save face, "Oh, right of course! That one time."  C'mon Alyssa, you could probably count the number of customers you've had on one hand, what's his name? Ah screw it. She thought before finally giving in, "I don't think we were formally introduced when you bought that potion. I'm Piera." She gave the male a friendly smile, extending her hand to shake and hoping that she wasn't coming off rude for not remembering his name....or if he had ever told it to her in the first place.

{OOC: Just so ya know for reference, her username is pronounced, "Pee-air-ah" xD Not "Pye-rah"}

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29406][LD: 7+1=8]

He chuckled while dusting off his hands, smiling to Piera as she spoke. "It's alright if you don't recognize me." He chuckled softly and gives his hair a tug as if to prove it wasn't a wig or something. "Managed to track down the in-game service to change hair and eye color. It's kinda taboo for me to play and RPG without green eyes minimum. The longer red hair is optional." Now that she had a good excuse to not remember him, he takes his turn to introduce himself. "I'm Kalesh. Nice to meet you, by the way!" 

With his hands cleared of dust and no other interesting items snatched his attention like a bird brain, he holds one hand out to her in greeting. At this point he was hoping she wasn't about to pull out a poison dagger and shiv him with it to test her newest product. "I'm here to gather some materials. Have a few things in mind I want craft." He tilts his head "You?"

((Thanks for the reminder, that's how I thought it was, that was just Kalesh remember it wrong~))

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 29407][LD: 15+1=16]

+1 Material

Piera's face became slightly pink hued as the red haired man recognized that she didn't remember him and forgave her. Her eyebrows raised marginally in interest as he explained that he recently changed his avatar's coloring. "Heh, I know what you mean. I didn't know there was anything like that in SAO though. I might check that out." As he said his name and shook her hand, her mouth upturned in a genuine smile as she nodded. "Nice to meet you too Kalesh...again." She repeated the name a few times in her head as she stared at his face, attempting to make sure that such an occurrence didn't repeat itself.

Once they had shook hands for an appropriate amount of time, the brunette let go and stepped back, trodding on a patch of flowery weeds. Lifting her foot, the alchemist crouched down and inspected the plant, her expression brightening as she discovered that it was a plant that could be used as a crafting material. Piera picked the weed as Kalesh explained his presence and she let out an amused chuckle before holding up her newly found weed. "The same actually."

Putting the plant safely into her inventory, she stood and brushed off her dirty hands. "I got almost completely bought out and used my last two materials to make some health crystals. So now I seriously need to replenish my stock." The bespectacled young woman's hip jutted out as she rested her left hand on it, eyeing the red head before offering, "We could always search together. Assuming you're not an alchemist too, I doubt that we would use the same type of crafting materials. What's your profession?"

{OOC: Honestly not sure if there is a quest dye item or a NPC service that can let you change the coloring of your avatar or anything like that. (There totally could be, I dunno.) But I do know that the mirror that Kayaba gave everybody at the beginning that changes everybody to take on their appearance of themselves in real life doesn't change the coloring of their original avatar, thus why brunette Lizbeth has pink hair in SAO and I seriously doubt Diabel has bright blue hair IRL.}

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29414][LD: 17+1=18]

He smiled happily, glad to provide new information to another player he said happily "Yup, you don't -need- to be just how you were back in the old world. Well, you can't change your face or anything though." He decided to expand a bit on why he chose those colors in particular, it wasn't exactly a secret. "It's kind of a tradition from my early MMO days to customize myself like this, ever since I was a member of a guild called Aesir." He shrugs, having given a nice little tidbit about himself.

Once their handshakes parted, and he wasn't pulled into any shanks, he watched as she gathered the plant, it adding up rather easily in his head that she needed them for potions but her explanation helped confirm those thoughts. "Ahh, the struggle of supply and demand... don't expect them to stop. Even down this low, there is rumors the guys up top are gearing up for the next boss pull."

He tried his best not to have his eyes dwell too long on Piera's hip movement and return to the lady's eyes without detours "Hm. Sure, going together sounds like it could be nice. Better than just going it alone. Power is in numbers, and besides... it's better than conversing with the trees." After being asked about his profession he shrugged and said "Weeeeell, I no more have a profession than this game has a class system. I consider myself a gatherer." He takes a breath to explain, hands on his hips and his chest pushed slightly out as if he was proud of what he had to say. "If I need something made, I gather the materials myself. If I need money, I sell the materials for col. If I need materials-" He paused and walked off to the side, finding a log and kicking it hard, the top half splintering off and he reached down to pull out a palm-sized chitinous beetle from the rotting log "-I hunt creatures and gather supplies." With his miniature speech done he calms himself and says "So yeah. Aside from getting other people to hit it with a hammer or boil it in a cauldron, I prefer to know where everything I own came from." he shrugged and crushed the bug, a piece of chitin showing up in his inventory a moment later.

[+1 Material!]

((Oh, and yeah, it's confirmed that hair dyes do exist in game and that you can change hairstyle and eye color. Volume 2, Morning Dew Girl Part 3 "Long, silver hair tied up in a ponytail- her appearance gave off the impression of intelligence, and her sky-blue eyes shone intensely with light on her sharp, well-featured face.

Hairstyle, hair color, and even the color of the eyes' pupils can be customized to one's will in SAO, but as what most of the system had to work with were Japanese, players that suit strong hues of color like this could be said to be fairly rare. Asuna too, had once tried dying her hair to cherry pink herself; it was an unmentionable past in which she returned it to brown in disappointment."))

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 29418][LD: 20+1=21]

Piera nodded in interest and understanding as Kalesh explained that you could change the color of your hair and eyes and even your hairstyle, just not your body or facial features. As he went on to say that he often gave his avatars this coloring due to tradition from a former guild he was in, an amused smile crept over her features. "I can understand that. I usually make most of my characters blonde because my friends called me that so often." She shrugged along with him before her expression became a bit more serious as he mentioned the rumors of the floor eleven boss.

Nodding, the alchemist said, "I've heard the same. Some of my friends and guild are going to take part, but I'm not sure when. They'll need all the help they can get."  That was part of the reason why she was hunting so avidly for more materials. She not only needed to make more potions and crystals to sell in her shop, but she also wanted a surplus to be able to give to her guild as well as Mack's if she could afford it. Coming out of her musings as Kalesh agreed to search for materials alongside her, she laughed lightly as he said that it'd be better than talking with trees. "Haha, so the trees talk back do they? I think someone's been drinking some bad potions."

Her head tilted in curiosity as the red head explained that he didn't have a true profession and that instead he simply gathered materials. Watching his movements and listening to his speech quietly, the brunette waited for him to finish before shaking her head in amusement. "You're the second 'professional mat gatherer' I've met. Though at least you're smart about it and don't give them away for free."

The alchemist beckoned for him to follow as she continued along the mountain path before halting suddenly as her eyes fell upon surely the largest fungal mushroom she had ever seen in game or in life. "It's the mega-shroom." She said almost reverantly, slowly going to her knees before approaching said fungus and attempting to pick it. She managed not to botch that simple task up and was rewarded with a very nice crafting material. "You are going to make an awesome crystal." She promised the ingredient before depositing it into her inventory as she stood, glancing back at Kalesh somewhat awkwardly as she realized she was talking to mushrooms not long after berating him for talking to trees...

{OOC: BLACKJACK! Holy crud I wish I could crit looting xD Find the ultra mega mat!  But that's cool, I really didn't know you could do that in SAO!}

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29509][LD: 13+1=14]

He grinned while Piera mentioned she was known as a blonde, unable to resist his funnybone he says "Like, OMG! Really? That nickname is, like, totally fabulous! You should totes do that here!" Having had his fun impersonating the stereotype he shakes his head and then looks to her curiously "It'd be preeetty interesting if you were blonde. In my personal opinion however, you do look good as a brunette." He smiled and started to glance around again, wandering around a bit in search of any other materials.

As he searched, and had no luck he would add, he listened while Piera teased him about the trees. "Oh! So a talking tree is the most ridiculous thing you've heard of? Give it time. I guarantee you, there will be ents on one of the floors. They might just roar, but still!... And the only person I've bought potions from is you, so you tell me." He winked but then started realizing his attitude might have been a bit inappropriate when speaking about the floor battles where everything was risked in many cases, he says "Well, thankfully they have good crafters like you to help them out. Armor and weapons are good, but if you don't have the HP to back them up... well... thankfully that is not the case."

While listening to her mention another player he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders "I make no attempts at originality! Though if I am honest I dunno how he can be a professional anything if he gives his stock entirely for free!" While watching her converse with her mushroom he grinned and said "Oh my, the spores must be getting to you. Whatever shall we do?" He rolls his eyes, remembering the stories of narcotic mushrooms from the other world.

((I know, right? It'd be awesome to be able to crit, like the combat loot. Except only materials! And yeah, there are little things like that that get overlooked since Kirito doesn't exactly monologue as much as he did in the books when you watch the anime xD))

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 29641][LD: 2+1=3]

Piera's eyebrow twitched slightly at Kalesh's spot on impression and her non twitching eyebrow raised archly as she sunk out her hip deeper and resting her hand on it once again until he finished to which she responded with a curled lip and a raised hand, "That is like, so totally NOT tubular dude. Uch." She would then roll her eyes dramatically and flip her hair in nearly expert fashion as she turned away. Glancing over her shoulder to gauge his reaction, she blinked as he stated that she looked good as a brunette. Looking away, said brunette smiled quietly to herself, taking the compliment as she took his cue and also searched around the area as they continued along their way.

Laughing as the redhead promised her the sight of ents she replied, "As long as there aren't midgits running around with a ring I think I can take the ents. And you haven't bought any of those kinds of potions from me. ...Yet."  Her smile became more subdued but still present as he complimented her again, this time about her skill as a crafter. The girl shrugged, not sure how much she was truly helping in the grand scheme of things. "I know there are better alchemists than me but I'd still like to do what I can to help. So you're helping to in the end. Can't craft without mats." She smiled over at him before stumbling slightly on the rocks and catching herself.

As Kalesh asked how the other player could be a professional if he did it for free, she simply shrugged. "That's just what he called it. Said that he preferred to get in good with the crafters and help out friends and other clearers. Don't see why he couldn't at least charge a little or ask for something else in return. He even helped me get some mats and we barely knew each other, heh. He's too good of a guy." She shook her head in exasperated amusement as she thought back on Calrex. 

The spearwoman mock glared at the swordsman as he said that she was being effected by spores before turning up her nose snootily. "We shall ignore that insult and continue searching for materials. Hmph." She turned away, causing her hair to 'fwip' about as she did so.

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29683][LD: 7+1=8]

He grinned at the little show, watching intently as she performed the stereotype even better than he could ever muster. He gives her a few claps while smiling before they did return to searching. He kept all comments on the niceness of her hips to himself for fear of being accused a lecher, regardless of it being true or not. When questioning the existence of midgets he laughed and said "I dunno, not a lot of fantasy games lack gnomes!... Maybe we'll one day encounter a treasure goblin or the like. That's a fun trope!" It was somewhat obvious that he was the type that was pretty into games. He seemed so enthusiastic about the idea of finding new monsters, even in a game where they could literally kill him.

With her mentioning a different kind of potion he couldn't help but grin and ask "Oh? Please tell me more about these potions. Sounds like they could be fun to use on a trip or two." He rolled his eyes slightly at his awful pun, adding a little positive reinforcement just in case "And honestly, I don't think it matters if there is someone better than someone else. Raw skill can be trumped by tiny things that most people would overlook... Like for example, according to the descriptions, yours have actual flavor instead of tasting like NyQuil. That's plenty reason for me to visit your shop instead!" He chuckled softly and adds "You want to help. That makes you a good person, IMO." 

Kalesh sighed softly while scratching at his head more out of nervousness than anything else. "I try to help people, but I can't really say I am good at it. I'm giving, but hey, if you don't -need- it, then at least do me a favor in return. That make sense at all?" He shrugged, hoping to himself he didn't sound selfish or unsympathetic to others. Whatever the case he liked to think of himself as a fairly helpful person. When she ordered that the 'insult' be ignored and they continue he nodded and did a mock salute before glancing around and ending with finding nothing. He tried not to make note of how soft her hair seemed if it could pull that off.

Edited by Kalesh

Piera's head bobbed in a nod as he mentioned gnomes or the happenstance of encountering a 'treasure goblin'. "I know there are NPC elves on the third floor but haven't heard of any gnomes or dwarves or goblins in SAO yet. Probably'll show up on higher floors." His enthusiasm brought a smile to her lips, glad to see that at least other people could still enjoy some aspects of the game even though they were stuck here.

The brunette's green eyes rolled behind her oval glasses at Kalesh's terrible pun. "You'd be the last person I'd sell those kinds of potions to. I haven't made any hallucinogenic potions yet, though I've heard there's another alchemist that can make a potion to simulate the feelings of inebriation. I've only made a potion that randomly changes your voice and another that can make your avatar glitter~" She chuckled, remembering the customer and hoped that his plan went well.

As the red head reasoned that he still thought that she was best not because of level but actual skill, appreciating her little touches in her crafts, she blinked and felt a little warm inside at the compliment, though she couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the joke about NyQuil. "Thanks, I....really appreciate that." The alchemist's smile was soft and somewhat bashful as she looked away before saying with slightly forced cheer to cover up her embarrassment, "Sometimes the flavor is out of my control though. Mostly on bad items. I try to make most of them not horrible, but everybody has their own tastes. I once made a potion that I swear tasted like root beer flavored cough drops."

Her shoulders shrugged as Kalesh stated that he tried to help people even if he wasn't good at it and also that his system involved certain give and take. When he asked her if that made sense, the brunette hesitated for a moment, thinking it over before nodding. "Yeah, more or less. It's like giving something to someone and not really expecting immediate payment or even the payment in the form of money at all. Right?" She asked to make sure she was understanding him correctly, scanning the ground as they walked before something caught her eye above ground height, a vibrant red flower that was tentatively attempting to grow along the mountainside. Standing on her tip toes to attempt to pick it, she eventually succeeded and sighed in achievement before putting it in her inventory.

[ID# 29906]  [LD: 15+1=16]  [Total Mats: 3]

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29917][LD: 12+1=13]

Kalesh raised a brow at the mention of him being the last person to get her hallucinogens. He couldn't help but grin and say "Oh? So you have a huge back-order on those? Is the market bigger than I thought it was?" He chuckled softly and shrugged his shoulders "I've heard that cooks can make food that has alcohol effects... but I dunno if that's just stats or an actual effect... and really? Glitter? Like that one movie with that one vampire?" He snickered softly to himself.

The next part had Kalesh particularly interested. "... Root beer flavored cough drops? I cannot decide if that sounds delicious or not. I mean, I already liked the taste of Halls' stuff." He shrugged in reaction to his slightly odd palette. "Still, if it's closer to food than medicine, which is -only- to heal, then I think I should be fine with the taste!" He smiled to himself, glad she had taken the compliment well. He started to dig around in the dirt for a bit but to no avail it seemed. He found a rock that looked like ore, but most certainly was not so he tossed it aside. "Oh, and yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, if they need it, like it's very important I can understand giving some freebies for friends. Y'know? It's more the people who just need a bit more of something but aren't in any real danger that I expect it to be a loan." He grins "Well, not counting food or drink after a good hunt. That's just good for morale and makes everyone happy."

Having no luck with ore in this spot for a little while he suggests in a friendly manner "Hey, let's head a bit closer to the mountain. That alright?" He figured they might need to find a balance between the rocky terrain and the nature covered terrain for them to both have the same luck, but it was possible he was just bad at his self-proclaimed job too.

Edited by Kalesh

When Kalesh asked if she had a big back order of hallucinogenic potions and wondering if the market for such things was bigger than he thought, Piera simply raised a single eyebrow before raising her index finger to her smiling lips before laughing lightly. "I dunno about food effects. I haven't heard anything like that but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they could. I'd need to get my hands on some of that if it's true though, heh. And gah, yes like that vampire I guess. Stupid old movie."

Speaking of glitter....a shimmering caught her eye and she caught sight of a clump of weeds that had a collection of dew on them and she crouched down momentarily to pick them. Standing after putting the material in her inventory, the brunette nodded. "Yup. Was kinda weird. And eh, Halls isn't bad but I only like menthol flavored ones myself. Root beer by itself is great...but it was just a weird combination. As a liquid no less." Her tongue stuck out, remembering the flavor.

The alchemist nodded as the red head confirmed her assumption and explained a bit more about his feelings on the matter. Chuckling as he stated that the exception was food or drink after a quest or something, she nodded. "I feel ya. Sounds about the same to how I usually take things. I'm pretty lax on what I accept as payment at the shop too. Long as whatever you give me is about equal to what I'm givin' ya, it's all the same to me." Looking over to where Kalesh was suggesting to head to, Piera nodded with a sympathetic smile. "Yeah, let's go. I'll let you know if I see something that resembles metal or ore."

[ID# 29922]  [LD: 18+1=19]  [Total Mats: 4]

Edited by Piera

[ID# 29924][LD: 11+1=12]

Kalesh gasped in feigned shock at Piera shushing him, acting like he was witnessing a scandal before he chuckled and dropped the act. "Yeah, it'd be interesting for sure. I myself haven't had any buffed foods, let alone that kind, so I am pretty clueless in that regard." He shrugged, not rich enough to afford such luxuries at the moment. "It'd be teeeeerrible if food didn't have taste or made you feel full or something. Seriously, that's an entire survival instinct just... GONE. Imagine waking up and forgetting that eating is a thing." He shudders "I love meat too much to enjoy such a reality."

He idly watched as the brunette gathered up another material, silently congratulating her for her luck as he listened to her explanation. "Yeah, now that you mention it, it somehow sounds a lot less appetizing as a liquid." He smirked suddenly as a thought crossed his mind "Too bad crystals don't have a taste. It'd be nice if they came compact, and you popped them in your mouth like a mint or something." He shrugs "Alas, I am no game designer. Instead POOF... heal everywhere."

When his gathering partner agreed to changing location he said "Thank you very much~" He then turned on his heels and started off towards the mountainous side of the forest, scanning the ground for signs of any materials but with little luck in that regard. Just seeing rocks and plants but nothing that would be used to make anything new or better. "Ah, and yeah, that makes sense. I am pro-barter system. I was the type of gamer that preferred to trade supplies directly rather than gold. Like a rare costume for a rare sword, that kinda thing."

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 30246][LD: 3+1=4]

Piera shrugged and said, "Whenever I save up enough col I'm going to splurge and visit a professional cook." Or maybe they'd take a trade....no, it'd be best to save her wares for her customers. At Kalesh's over dramatic despair of the thought food not tasting good or making one feel full she couldn't help but laugh, "Hey it only took me a month or two before I forgot that we don't need to ever go to the bathroom. Though I do have to say not having good food to eat definitely outweighs not going to the bathroom."

Smiling in amusement at the red head reasoned, "That is a pretty cool idea, but then they'd be just as effective as potions. It takes time to actually drink and digest the potion so it's honestly not very effective in battle compared to a crystal which immediate." She walked slightly behind her male companion, silent for a moment as they both looked around to little avail. There didn't seem to be much other than dirt. The alchemist's foot kicked an idle rock and she squinted at it before bending down to pick it up. "Yeah that's usually the way to go. As long as the items are both of the same quality it should be okay. Hey, is this ore...or...?" Her mouth quirking in amusement at the mild pun as she held up the rock in question up to the light for Kalesh to view.

Edited by Piera

[ID# 30248][LD: 1+1=2]

Kalesh scoffed and said "You don't know the joys of going to the washroom like men. Writing your name in the snow, stepping backward as far as you could whilst using the toilet just to show off your aiming skills to literally nobody." He sighed dramatically "Oh, too late for the TMI warning, hm?" He chuckled softly to himself and shrugged "Well, most of the bodily systems are in place thankfully, people would go mad otherwise. You can only take so much away from a human mind I suppose." He grinned as he realized he could add a little tidbit for Piera "Try to keep in mind, that when you eat here, there is precisely zero percent chance of gaining weight... So there is nothing stopping you from really pigging out!" He didn't have to worry about that to begin with, having one of those bodies that refused to change from outside influence.

When it came to his little mint idea he nodded softly "Yeah, I know, it's a silly idea. Seriously, though, what do you do to activate a crystal? You just activate it. For a potion you have to actually drink and swallow it. What if the crystal instead had a taste, and it's activation was simply entering your mouth? So instead of poofing into magic healing glitter around your body, it just does that inside you auto-like?" He shrugged "The heal over time ones could be like suckers or something. Seriously, put -me- on the healing item design team." He sighed dramatically but glanced over at the rock that the brunette held out to him. "Noooo, sadly that is just a rock, unfortunately." He smiled to her encouragingly though "Would you have used the iron to make blood-flavored potions for the edgy-vampire wannabes?" He gasped in realization "You could sell them in a bundle with your glitter potion!!"

Edited by Kalesh

[ID# 30252][LD: 19+1=20]

A sharp laugh erupted from Piera's mouth at Kalesh's crude information. "You may beat us in pissing," She began, the 'us' she was referring to being women of course, "But you don't know how nice it is not to have to worry about periods or getting pregnant." Her expression was momentarily blissful as she whispered with her hands pressed together in mock prayer, "Thank you Kayaba..."

Nodding as he mentioned that there was only so much that you could take away from the human mind, she mentioned, "Yeah. I can still feel the hormones that come with menstruation even if the more unpleasant things are thankfully missing. And I'll pig out when I find some food worth pigging out on!"  Her walking slowed as she caught sight of a rather pitiful looking plant that had a surprisingly thick stalk. Crouching down, the alchemist took hand on it and gently but firmly began prying it from the dirt until a surprising amount of root came out with it. Smiling in satisfaction, she brushed the dirt from it before depositing the root in her inventory and continuing walking with Kalesh.

Her shoulders shrugging again, Piera commented, "Hey for all we know Kayaba killed everyone else that worked on SAO or locked them in here with us. But I get what you're saying. I wish alchemists could make more than just variations of the same two items. But if you wana give licking a crystal to activate it a go, be my guest. I just hope you get a look on your party's faces when you do it haha."

The bespectacled young woman sighed and let the rock drop from her hands once it was declared to be useless. An eyebrow quirking up at his question before snickering at it and then his last suggestion caused her to erupt into full blown laughter. "Oh! Hahahahaha, oh god. That'd be priceless jeez. I'm not sure how well they'd sell though, not too many vampire types in SAO I imagine."

Edited by Piera

[ID# 30254][LD: 7+1=8]

Kalesh grinned as Piera said her piece and made her happy prayer. He nodded in immediate understanding for her reaction before he said "Hmm, fair point. it was kinda cemented to me that I was happy to be male after going through sex-ed in school. No diseases either is pretty swell, but no pregnancies is a certain plus." He kneeled down and tugged a stone from the ground, looking it over and then crushing it in his hands, sighing at the discovery it held no hidden minerals within, the slightly smaller chunks of stone dropping as he walked.

With the slight look of disappointment on his face he says "Weeeell, if I'm eating I'm eating at full force. I've never been good at the whole table-manners thing. I mean, yeah, I'll cut it up a bit for the company but I am not exactly doing it daintily." He hums in consideration "I heard that people can fish for an effect similar to foods... Think they eat the fish raw or the cook it on a stick? Something simple like that?" He shrugged "And that must be interesting, feeling it happening but not actually showing the signs... For the safety of all my next comment shall be internal." With his mouth shut he looks up to the sky and thinks 'Not even in VR can we escape the mood swings.'

Going back to talking about alchemy he points out "This is an MMO. Somewhere in the depths there lies 'XxSephiroth68xX. All you need to do is find him. Assuming he didn't die already. Seriously, outside a safezone and he decides going full-edge mode would be a good idea, forgetting that damage is a thing." He sighed "And I can only imagine how frustrating that must be. If only you could chuck a potion at someone's face to heal them, get some variety in there!... Just pretend the glass isn't there." He rolled his eyes.

((The LD clearly loves me :) ))

Edited by Kalesh

Piera couldn't help the smirk that tugged at her lips as Kalesh said that he was happy to be male when he discovered such things about the female body. "That's why women are so fond of kicking guys in the nuts. Sorta payback for all the sh** we have to deal with. But yeah, there are benefits to being stuck in a game." She watched as a dirt clump crumbled into dirt and small rocks in his hands and shrugged before continuing keeping lookout. "Maybe we just have to walk further on the path to come across anything."

Rolling her eyes at the red head's lack of table manners, the brunette stated dryly, "Your restraint graces us all." When the topic shifted somewhat she pitched in, "I think they can technically eat the fish....but the stats aren't nearly as good, plus it must taste something awful. I've heard that professional fisherman usually supply professional cooks cuz they're the only ones that can properly prepare them. But I guess you could still give cooking a try even if you're not a professional. I know my cooking level is probably the same level as my weapon skill..." The last part was admitted somewhat ruefully, bashful at her lack of combat prowess.

"But yeah, it is weird. At least when I start crying or b****ing out of no where in the real world I know why, but here I have to guess. Don't even know if time passes the same in here. We could be living a year in here and only a couple months have passed in the real world." The brunette's eyes narrowed as she stared at Kalesh, sure that he had been thinking something at least mildly insulting, but she stared silent, her glasses glinting threateningly in the light before she 'humphed' and continued to look around as they walked.

When the male player mentioned a 'XxSephiroth68xX' somewhere in SAO, Piera barked a loud laugh before collapsing into giggles as he continued on about poor XxSephiroth68xX's possible plights. "Poor guy! Oh god... I can just imagine him getting mauled by boars...I can't even picture what he'd look like, I just see the Sephiroth hair hahaha!"  Still smiling she added, "You can throw potions if you like just make sure they're not mine. I worked hard on those babies and I wouldn't appreciate them being wasted."

[ID# 30377]  [LD: 11+1=12]  [Total Mats: 5]

Edited by Piera