[PP-F8] Building Bridges - COMPLETE!!

"I insinuated nothing," the blonde man replied cooly, eyeing Lowenthal and making a subtle gesture to Xion to stand ready in case the Velvet Room's leader decided to attack. The Blades' Grandmaster wasn't altogether sure that he and Xion would be able to take down Lowenthal if it came to a fight, but they would certainly give a good accounting of themselves if the other man decided to make a fight of it. "I don't know the circumstances of your PK and, truthfully, I don't much care. Piera trusts you and so I trust you," Mack continued, shifting his position so he could hold Guillotine in more of a ready position. "I've no fight with you, unless you choose to make one here and now. If you do, you might take me down but I promise you Xion and I will make sure it's the last thing you do both in the game and in life."

"As for members, I seem to recall you saying just a few moments ago in fact, that Guild Members were people and not things to be traded. If you're so willing to trade people, I'll gladly give you at least three recruits for Piera," the blonde man continued, easily changing into the other subject of discussion. "We often let people know there are guilds other than our own, but with more people in the Blades there are more opportunities to partying up and leveling quickly. Naturally, we encourage both things. That said, if someone says they're already in a guild we stop trying to recruit them, as Piera can also testify."

(Xion, again. Sensing a pattern. Be sure not to do this in the boss fight, as you'll take HP damage for being skipped. And even be removed from the reward table)

In a quick flush of anger, Lowenthal reached down for his kunai. But he didn't draw it, instead he gripped it angrily. His fist shaking. Where the hell did Mack get off talking to him like this. He didn't know him. He doesn't know what it's was like, being isolated and hated, all because of a simple color. Lowenthal looked at Piera, then sighed and placed both of his hands on the table, empty. "I'm sorry. But I can't continue this meeting. I lost my cool. I've been having a rough time recently, and I should not have used you as a way to vent my frustrations. And fr my outbursts, I apologize. I however, would like to schedule a separate meeting, to bury the hatchets that were wielded here. And to actually discuss things, like Guild Leaders." Lowenthal said, as he pushed himself off the table. "Again, I'm sorry that I couldn't be more hospitable." Lowenthal said, turning and leaving taking Piera in tow. He leaned down, and whispered in her ear. "I'm sorry. Kinda ruined your meeting. I'll be a good boy next time." Lowenthal said, giving a fake smile.

(apologies, school is a thing for me currently -__-. Still trying to find the time for everything, sorry)

Xion's eyes flashed in a similar anger as he saw Lowenthal rach for his Kunai, the tank moving to protect his guildmaster, his shield raised with surprising speed for a tank build. "If you dare strike him then I may be the one with an orange cursor here" he growled as he half drew his blade, before realizing that Lowenthal had not completely drawn his weapon either. But the tank stayed close to Mack as the orange haired player talked to both Mack and Piera. 

"That would be a good idea, we still need to discuss other subjects and iron out the finer points of this alliance..." he said, his tone returning to a friendly one. "Is there a time limit on orange cursors or are they permanent? Just asking, if there was any way to get rid of it then things like this would be infinitely easier"

Piera's eyes tightened slightly as she noticed Mack make some sort of small hand movement to his comrade that made her feel wary even if she didn't know what it meant. But his words were soothing, at least for him, and she was sure that the situation would be salvaged unless he stated that he would go down fighting if Lowenthal attacked them. Paling at the statement, the brunette glanced at her orange friend, pleading with her eyes for him to not make the first move. And he didn't, though he was gripping his weapon's handle tightly, as if to ground himself, or perhaps because he himself felt wary of being attacked.

But it was not him but Xion that moved, possibly thinking that the orange player's reach for his weapon was a sign of aggression even though both Crimson Blades had both of their weapons in hand first. When the young tank moved in front of Mack and started to draw his blade, Piera's breath caught in her throat and she moved in front of Lowenthal as well without thinking, without a second of hesitation. She knew of course that she was by no means a 'tank', but seriously doubted that any would actually hit her and even if they did, she wouldn't die from one blow. "Let's all just calm down." The alchemist stated slowly with hands upraised, her heart pounding.

Listening to Mack's counter offer, she couldn't help but look at him with mild shock and annoyance. "No person, no matter who they are, is worth the equivalent, more or less than another. End of discussion." In retrospect, he might have been using such a ludicrous offer to drive home to Lowenthal the point of 'trading people' not being a good idea, but it had been a knee jerk reaction on her part. When the blonde man informed Lowenthal that the Crimson Blades didn't push their guild on others that already belonged to other guilds, Piera nodded. "He's right."

When Lowenthal spoke, Piera moved aside, meeting her friend's gaze with concern but support as he apologized before suggesting that they meet again to mend bridges after he had cooled off. The brunette hesitated as the sandy haired PK walked away from the 'table', catching Xion's words. Her lips pursed before she answered, "A quest, yes. But it would likely require a force like would be assembled for a floor boss. I don't think Lowenthal wants to risks anyone's lives just for his sake." He hadn't told her this in so many words, but she knew her friend fairly well enough to guess. "Regardless, you can't erase it from your mind. I think he's accepting it as some sort of penance." Her tone was somewhat rushed and annoyed, but not at anything in particular.

Then Piera's gaze turned to stare into Mack's steely eyes. "Please understand and give him time." She hoped that he would be able to understand how difficult taking a life was for a civilian and to not antagonize him about it. "Since the boss raid is rapidly approaching I suggest we wait until afterwards to schedule a new meeting. Who knows if any of you will survive..." She looked away somewhat distantly, her expression darker before shaking her head and nodding a farewell to the Crimson Blades pair. "Until next time."

Piera then turned and jogged to catch up to her guild leader when he whispered in her ear conspiratorially. Smiling sadly, the brunette reached up on her toes to ruffle the tall player's sandy hair. "Better luck next time. And it wasn't just you..." The alchemist bit her lower lip in frustrated consideration before finally asking hesitantly, "Lowe....you know that if you ever wanted to talk. About anything. That I'm here. Jomei too."

She would've thought that it should go without saying...and yet he hadn't come to them. They didn't even find out about his cursor until they attended his birthday party. The question of why he didn't turn to them for help or support burned inside of her but she couldn't bear to ask such an insensitive question. She didn't want to press her friend too far or make him uncomfortable.

"Very well," Mack rumbled, lowering Guillotine back to the ground and leaning upon the dull top of the blade head once more before placing a hand on Xion's shoulder and directing his second in command to stand to one side. He listened as Piera did Lowenthal's talking for him and nodded his head slowly. "We shall await word from you as to the details of our next meeting, until then we shall depart as allies in the loosest sense of that word," Mack said in a low rumble, inclining his head slightly in the direction of Piera and Lowenthal just before they turned to leave. "Let's get out of here, Xion. They will contact us when they are ready."

REWARDS:

Lowenthal:
+1 SP
+100 Col

Mack:
+1 SP
+100 Col

Piera:
+1 SP
+100 Col

Xion:
+1 SP