{F5-PP} Lost Cargo (Grave)

Jevi pushed herself up out of the sand, spitting out the sand that she accidentally ate when she face planted into the ground. She did not even bother getting to her feet, and she knelt on the ground in the sand looking down, her purple bangs casting a shadow over her eyes. She heard the sounds of battle going on ahead between Grave and their enemy. There was then a moment where the fighting stopped, as if the worm was not moving anymore. Did Grave do it? She looked up slightly to see he just threw the limp body of the beast towards her.. telling her to make the killing blow. ~"Just do it yourself.." she said softly, her voice filled with anger.

ID: 30601
BD: 5 (-_-)
MD: 7 (Paralyzed)
CD: 3

Grave: 37/37 HP [HATE: 3}

Jevi: 28/31 HP [HATE: 0]

Sand Burrower: 2/19 HP

Edited by Jevi
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I let out a sigh as Jevi told me to do it myself.  I felt sorry for her, but I knew she wouldn't let me help her.  I bent down and picked up the worm, my plated fist enveloping the thick, sandy flesh.  I simply closed my fist around the fleshy tube, and the monster shattered into shining, blue shards.  My head turned to Jevi, and I flipped my mask up to get a better look at her.  She definitely seemed agitated and tired; we were going to have to rest soon.  Smiling softly, I made my way to her and crouched down, extending a hand to her. "Let me help you every once in a while, okay?" I asked her, my tone light.

---

ID: 30652

BD: 6 + 1 = 7 = Success (4 DMG)

CD: 9 = Safe

Grave: 37/37 HP [HATE: Cleared]

Jevi: 28/31 HP [HATE: Cleared]

Sand Burrower: *DEAD*

LD: 9 = Burrower Meat (Mat)

She stood up, not realizing Grave's hand in front of her as she did so. She brushed the sand off of her pants and shirt, pulling her scarf back up to cover her mouth and nose again. Her eyes slowly opened, not all the way as her face looked slightly apathetic, and let out a sigh. It was not that she did not appreciate the help.. she honestly did, despite not wanting to show it. But she made a fool of herself by not being able to land a single hit on this enemy.. She looked completely weak in front of Grave, and this wasn't the first person she had the same misfortune in front of. She turned around, ~"Lets just keep going before it gets dark." her tone of voice just sounded annoyed and defeated. She continued to walk in mostly silence.

ID: 30663
CD: 5

Edited by Jevi

I flipped Cross back down and sighed into the metallic material, speaking under my breath. "You can't shove peoples' help away forever..." I strolled onwards, past the purple haired girl.  Why didn't she want my help?  Did it make her feel weak?  Did she just not like me again?  It was like I had only just met her again; she kept giving me the cold shoulder when I tried to assist her... At least someone like Piera would accept my hand...

The thought of Piera caused a memory to flash through my thoughts.  I stopped and took a knee, shifting the sand as best I could, leaving a small crater in the dune.  I possibly looked crazy in front of Jevi, but I kept going, scrolling through my inventory and materializing my old gear; a set of starter clothes and a basic two handed longsword.  I laid the two in the small hole and proceeded to pile sand over them, until they were fully covered.  The deed done, I stood up from my perch and gazed onwards, my feet following, my mouth uttering not one word.

---

ID: 30686

CD: 12 = Perfect Item Safe

Grave was thinking it was about him and Jevi not accepting the help from him. No, that was not it in the slightest. She closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh, she began to speak as she walked, without stopping or turning to look at him. ~"Grave, its not that I don't appreciate your help. I do. I know there is no problem with letting you help me when it looks like I need it. Im just angry at myself that I looked like a fool in that battle, not landing a single hit. Reminded me of another time when I could not kill a boar in front of Shaya... and another time when I made a fool out of myself in front of Glory. I don't want to be weak.. and I don't want to die. I want to be able to defend myself and the ones I love.. So when I get knocked around like some... sort of rag doll, it doesn't make me feel like I can do that very much."

ID: 30747
CD: 2

((OOC: Of course all of the CD rolls im getting 6-10's on the BD -___-))

Edited by Jevi

Jevi's explanation shut me up pretty quick, especially at her mention of Shaya.  I knew how she felt; I'd failed for years in front of people in the real world, and that's why I never got a decent job or even had a relationship.  I continued to stay quiet while Jevi finished off.  I actually didn't know what to say, what to do to help her.  She'd shrug off any reassurances I give her, she'd object to empathy... There was utterly nothing I could do for the girl, but stay by her side.

One thing came to mind at least.  It might not have been of any use, but it was a start. "I cross my heart that I won't tell anyone about this." Yeah, maybe that wasn't any help.

---

ID: 30748

CD: 10 = Safe

The two continued to walk in silence, fending against the blistering heat and cutting winds. She didn't want to think about her looking like a fool anymore, and knew that she needed to stay focused so they could stay alive. By now, it was beginning to get dark, and they needed to find a spot to set up camp. Off in the distance, she noticed a small formation of rocks, creating a small cave. ~"Look, over there. We can set up camp there for the night." 

ID: 30828
CD: 12

After pushing through the sand storm, the two found themselves in a dark, and slightly cooler cave. She looked out behind them, she could not even see where they came from with sand blowing around in every direction. ~"This seems like a good place." Opening up her inventory, Jevi pulled out a small lantern that she had brought with her from her shop. She quickly looked around the cave, to make sure they did not have any unwanted guests. Lucky for them, the cave was very small.. about the size of a bedroom. She then placed the lantern on the ground before going back into her inventory and taking out a bedroll. She laid the sheet out flat and sat down on it, pulling off her bandit scarf, wrapping it up, and placing it next to her sleeping bag. She then proceeded to un-equip her boots, and she laid down on the sheet, sighing, ~"Im sorry.. This was the second time you had to see me at my worst." 

Jevi: 29/31 (+1 HP

Edited by Jevi

I was glad Jevi could see that cave, because sand was quickly piling up within the cross that covered my eyes, blocking my vision rather heavily. "You're the boss." I agreed with her with an unseen grin, following her through the flying sand towards our makeshift encampment.

---

ID: 30834

CD: 4 = Safe

---

Jevi at least brought gear for sleeping.  I was inconsiderate of the fact that we were going to need to rest and neglected taking any form of bedding.  Once Jevi was comfortable, I slipped my coat off and laid it down beside the resting female before following the clothing's example and laying on top of it, the furry inside protecting my back from any protrusions from the ground.  I looked up to the ceiling, and heard Jevi speak.  All I could do was sigh. "Jevi... I don't think you are weak in the slightest.  I've seen your power first-hand.  You just have your bad moments, and I have no intention of spilling about them any time soon, alright?" I reassured her, and we were left in silence.  I began flicking through my inventory and materialized the Crimson Blades cloak over Jevi without a word.

She closed her eyes for a moment before rolling her body over. She was now laying on her side, looking at the gray haired man. ~"The idea of you telling people was not what I cared about. Its just the fact that it happened... and I promised myself I would not let anyone see me like that." She gently gripped at the sleeping bag under her, her eyes shifting to look at the floor. She then felt something cover her body, almost a blanket of sorts. She lifted her head to see a crimson cloak gently laying on top of her. She looked at it for a moment before pushing herself up, the cloak slowly sliding down her dark arm. ~"Grave, no. I have a blanket to sleep with, you have nothing. You take it." she pulled the sheet off of her and threw it at Grave, the cloak landing on his head and covering his face. ~"Besides, I don't mind the heat." she gave him a light smirk as she rolled her body over, her back facing Grave. 

Jevi HP: (30/31) (+1 HP)

I didn't have a clue what to say in reply to Jevi.  Sometimes the things she said shut me down completely, and I had no rebuttal whatsoever.  All I could do was let both of our breathing fill the silence.  When she denied my offer of the coat and threw it back to me, I unbundled it and laid it lightly over my body.

"Jevi..." I began, my mouth openingand  closing as I struggled to find the correct words to say. "I... I'm not asking you to throw down your pride... I just want you accept the assistance and guidance of those around you.  It'll save your ass one day... Take it from me..." I trailed off as my eyes closed.  It took very little for the tendrils of slumber to take me under; I wasn't even awake long enough to hear Jevi's reply.

Jevi laid there, staring at the stone wall opposite of her. She did not bother going into her sleeping bag because of the heat of the area around them, but the extra padding under her made it slightly more comfortable to sleep. She heard her name called out by Grave, softly. She did not stir, waiting for him to continue. What came next, Jevi half expected.. but half didn't. He was still asking her to just let people help her when they asked... But this time, it was more of a general statement, rather than him just saying "let me help you." For some reason, this stuck with her more.. Seeing it more as a piece of advice, rather than a want from the other to impress her. Then it was silent for a moment, before Jevi began to turn in her place to continue speaking to him, ~"Tha-" she realized he was asleep. Her lips slowly curved into a smile, and her eyes partly closed. ~"Thank you Grave.." she whispered, before slowly closing her eyes. 

Jevi: 31/31 (+1 HP)

((OOC: If you want to skip to morning, be my guest and say so in the next post that its morning. If you have an idea for something else to happen in the night, same thing go ahead.))

(Glad I managed to think of the right thing for Grave to say ^^ )

I followed the azure-haired woman down the corridor once more... But something felt different this time.  Rather than having no idea who she was, I felt like I knew her, like I recognised her from somewhere... But I couldn't place where.  We rounded yet another new corner; when would I ever reach the end of the infinite cobbled hallway?  That question lingered in the back of my mind throughout SAO...

-----

My eyes slowly creaked open to a dim light illuminating the entrance to the roomy cave, leaving an orange glow upon the weathered stone.  I sat up and yawned, although quietly to avoid waking up the (literal) Sleeping Beauty next to me.  I carefully crawled out from under the cloak, and an orange, furry object slipped out with it and lay limply on the floor, body heaving gently.  Even Hikari was still asleep? "Women..." I muttered as I began to pack my gear.

Edited by Grave

A light groan came from the purple haired girl, who was laying on her stomach, her arms folded and being used as a pillow to support her head. She then slowly pushed herself up off of the ground, gazing forward with a blank stare, still half asleep. Her bangs were unruly, and strands fell in her face, while her ponytail was mostly undone. She slowly moved herself to sit cross-legged, as she rubbed her eyes. She could not tell if she slept very well, or not enough. Either way, she did not want to get up from this spot. 

My coat back on and the cloak stored in my inventory, I crouched down next to Hikari and poked her in the back a few times.  She gave a rather dissatisfied squeak while she rolled over onto her back, almost spread-eagled. "Come on girl, time to get up." I whispered to her, still poking the orange fur.  I heard a groaning nearby and glanced over my shoulder to see Jevi getting herself up, and she looked absolutely dead. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty." I greeted her, before realising that she'd most likely notice that I meant the last part.  I awaited my punishment.

Jevi shook her head to wake herself up, and then turned her head to Grave when he told her good morning. She had honestly forgotten that he was there.. not being used to sleeping with another person in the room, well, cave with her. She stretched her arms and yawned, ~"Good morning" The girl stood up and began to get herself ready, realizing her hair was a disaster at the moment, she undid her pony tail, the long purple hair falling into place down to her tail bone. Running her fingers through it a couple of times, she then grabbed the locks of hair and tied them back up into place with a piece of tan cloth, tied together with a red string. She then re-equipped her boots and bandit scarf, and then placed the rest of the items she had out for the night into her inventory. ~"You ready to head out? Hopefully we can find this thing in a couple of hours and get back to Armadillo as soon as possible." She walked to the mouth of the cave, the sand still violently blowing in every direction outside. ~"The sandstorm must just be in the coding on the game with the quest rather than a random occurrence.." She glared out into the storm and pulled the scarf up on her face again before walking forward, being smacked by the heat and sand. Before they knew it, they were back on the trail to find this mysterious cargo that that NPC asked them for. 

ID: 31083
CD: 9

Edited by Jevi

I watched as Jevi fixed herself up, neatening her hair and packing her own gear.  Hikari was laying across my shoulders, still half asleep and eliciting a diminutive snore.  I had to keep poking her jaw to stop her from drifting off, and she drowsily attempted to nip my finger as I did so.  Finally we were finished and ready to move. "Yeah, let's get going." I replied to Jevi, and nodded when she mentioned the sandstorm possibly being specifically for the quest. "It would have been rather rude if the sandstorm was always here, so that's highly likely." I agreed, before stepping out of the cave beside her, and Hikari was quick to slip into my coat's collar.  I materialized Crimson Cross and slipped it over my face in time for a large spray of sand shotgunned me in the face.  Quick acting on my part.

---

ID: 31128

CD: 9 = Safe

Edited by Grave

Jevi had her arm up, covering the sand that pelted her body. She walked beside Grave as they trekked through the storm, hopefully finding what they were looking for very soon. She had a feeling that they would be stumbling upon more enemies before reaching it.. but only time would tell. She was silent for a moment before speaking up, ~"Grave.. I'm.. sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I was being stubborn because of my pride. I appreciate the times you help me.. I really do."

ID: 31132
CD: 4

Edited by Jevi

I let a silence follow Jevi's apology.  Sighing, I flipped up my mask and narrowly avoided a clump of sand to the face.  I set the mask atop my head to allow Jevi to see my eyes and expression, to show her that I meant the words I was about to say. "It's okay... I just want you to know that you can't keep doing everything by yourself.  Sure, you feel independent alone, but you're really stronger than you realise if you take the help others accept.  I promised that I'd never let anyone die here, and that already happened with a Council member in our guild.  I didn't really know him; I would feel enormously useless if you died." I explained to her, my voice cracking slightly.  I slid the mask back down as I looked forwards. "Appreciate the help that anyone offers you, and show that appreciation by taking it." A long silence followed.

---

ID: 31136

CD: 3 = Safe

Jevi stopped when she noticed Grave had stopped walking as well. He flipped up his mask to speak to Jevi, who turned her body to look him in the eyes. With her back to the sandy winds, Jevi felt it okay to slightly pull her mask down, so Grave would be able to see her face as well. Her slightly pinched eyebrows above her yellow eyes, looking up at him, and the corners of her lips slightly frowning. It was truly an apologetic face. She felt like she had been doing a lot of people wrong by being the hard shelled, cold hearted person she was. But she could not help it. It was conditioning from years and years of hardships.. being pushed around by others, having no family or friends, living in a s***hole of a town.. She always wanted to change.. but it would take a lot. After Grave's sort of lecture, he slid his mask back down and continued to walk, Jevi looking down at the sand in silence. She then slowly pulled her mask back up and continued walking behind him.

She walked at a slow pace behind Grave, thinking about the conversation they've been having the whole time. She felt like a terrible person. She closed her eyes and sighed. Looking up past Grave, she noticed something off in the distance.. looking like a rectangular figure, maybe about 5 feet in length. She picked up her pace and walked over to the figure to see that it was a wooden footlocker, the lock on the front looked broken and could be removed easily. ~"Looks like this is it.." 

ID: 31152
CD: 7

Edited by Jevi

I continued to look down into the sand, reddened by the red glass over my eyes.  Not only would I feel useless... I would be depressed... I thought to myself.  Jevi was special to me, and of all people she was one of the people I least wanted to die.  If I had to be with her every step of the way to keep her alive, that's exactly what I'd do...

My attention was brought up to a large, wooden box, set in the sand almost gracefully. "Yep, this is it..." I agreed with Jevi before making my way over to the 'treasure'.  I traipsed around it, eyeing it off.  The easiest way to remove it was the simplest; Jevi lifting one end and myself lifting the other. Hoping Jevi was thinking the same thing, I turned to her and nodded, Hikari popping her head out of my collar to take a look at the box too.

---

ID: 31207

CD: 7 = Safe