{F5-PP} Lost Cargo (Grave)

Jevi crouched down in front of the box and scratched at her chin.. ~"You know.. the lock looks broken.. Maybe we should open it and see whats inside. Maybe we could even just put the stuff in our inventory and bring it back that way.. like a quest item." She turned her head and looked up to Grave for some sort of agreement. She turned her head back to the box.. stared at it for a moment.. and shrugged her shoulders, ~"Either way, I'm sure they won't notice if we opened it." Carefully readjusting and removing the lock, Jevi proceeded to open the small container. With the box wide open, she looked.. shocked at the contents inside of the box.. ~"Wh...What the hell?" she said softly. The box, completely empty. 

Soon after opening the box. Two figured seemed to shoot out from the sands around them, landing on their feet. The two slowly approached Jevi and Grave.. both looking like people.. were they players? No.. They didn't have the regular cursors over their head.. These were red, like a NPC enemy. Once they came into view, Jevi noticed their attire; one figure, the male wore a khaki colored sleeveless shirt.. opened from the collar down to his stomach, his head and face covered in brown scarves, armed with a dagger.. and the other, a female.. who wore ragged robes, underneath her attire seemed gypsy like.. The same woman who had given her the qest to begin with.

~"What is going on here?" Jevi called out to the woman, demanding to know the meaning of this. The gypsy woman simply cackled, "You really thought I would send you out here to fetch something of mine? What if you never came back and stole it?" She spoke sarcastically, like a damsel in distress as a dagger slid out from under the robes. "We are bandits dearie... here to kill you and claim your possessions." 

ID: 31270
CD: 12

((OOC: I will begin battle on my next turn.))

Edited by Jevi
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sighed as Jevi suggested taking a peek into the box.  Sure, I would prefer an easier form of carrying the items within, but I wasn't prepared to look at some potentially private items.  Without warning, the girl began to open the box. "Jevi, there might be-" I began, but was cut off by Jevi's instantaneous curse.  I peered over the lid to take a look inside, and it was as she said; barren, no supplies whatsoever.  I clenched my armoured fists in anger. "What kind of douche would come up with a quest like that?!" I yelled, before realising; Kayaba would.  My attention was brought to a nearby spray of blistering sand, and through the shower my eyes caught a glimpse of a pair of humanoid figures.  I awaited for them to approach, and in due time recognised one as the quest giver; the other was new.  She taunted us and revealed they were bandits, and my lips dropped to a scowl behind my mask. "You... Bitch..." I cursed, before proceeding to crack my knuckles through the gauntlets. "I am going to enjoy knocking your block off." I threatened, my tone sinister.

---

CD: 12 = Safe

Edited by Grave

Jevi looked over her shoulder at Grave who just threatened the bandits and smirked under her scarf... honestly finding that change of attitude.. slightly attrac- She shook her head and glared forward again, focusing on the battle that was about to take place. She reached for her sword behind her back, ~"Grave.. you take the guy. I'll deal with the bitch. Oh and.. don't die on me." She said, winking over her shoulder before puling the black blade from her waistband, holding it in both hands. The woman placed her hand to her mouth, her pointer and middle finger touching her bottom lip as she laughed at Jevi's confidence to beat her. As her lips scowled at the bandit woman, Jevi ran towards her enemy, moving her sword off to the side, but still holding it in two of her hands. The bandit woman was fast, and moved quicker than Jevi into striking range. Swinging her dagger, Jevi quickly brought her own sword up to block the blow. The woman was quick to react and pulled her dagger back, slashing Jevi across the face, leaving a bright red gash from her cheek to her nose. Stepping back, Jevi went back at her assault on the bandit woman, clashing blades with her until letting out one powerful strike, causing the bandit to stagger. Jevi took this as an opportunity to slash at the woman's abdomen with her curved sword. Cutting the fabric of her robe, and slicing at her stomach. 

ID: 31289
BD: 7 (4 dmg)
MD: 6 (2 dmg)

Jevi: 29/31
Grave: 37/37

Bandit Female: 16/20
Bandit Male:  20/20

Base Dmg: 2 
Bleed on 9-10 (1 dmg for 2 turns)

((OOC: Can you control the male? ^^))

Edited by Jevi

"Stole the words right out of my mouth." I replied, my voice still rugged.  I turned my view to the guy holding the dagger, and proceeded to place my hands on either side of my head and twisted, cracking my neck. "So, tell me... How would you like your death?" I asked the bandit, but he stayed silent. "Going to give me the cold shoulder now, are you?  Alright then..." I pushed off and bolted towards the bandit.  I dodged side to side across the sand in the small distance to cover.  Arriving within the bandit's vicinity, I stopped short, planting my right foot a meter before the man and pivoted backwards on it, swinging my left fist around and crashing the plates into the back of the band it's skull, knocking him to the dunes.  I stepped back and watched the bandit, keeping my eyes peeled for any form of movement.

---

ID: 31292

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 = Success (4 DMG) (WHY DO I ALWAYS GET CRITS OR FIVES?)

MD: 1 = Critical Failure

CD: 9 = Safe

Grave: 37/37 HP

Jevi: 29/31 HP

Bandit M: 16/20 HP

Bandit F: 16/20 HP

Edited by Grave

Jevi took a sharp breath as the two gained their distance, the bandit placing her hand on her stomach, growling at Jevi. Jevi simply smirked and spun the blade in her hand, unable to see the girl's expression from the scarf over her face. The woman bandit ran to Jevi again, letting out a grunt as she did so. Their blades clashed again and again, the sound of metal on metal filled the air as the blades met. Trying to recreate the same move as last time, Jevi let go a powerful horizontal stike.. which her enemy easily ducked under. The bandit then took her dagger and slashed it across Jevi's thigh. 

ID: 31293
MD: 3 (miss)
BD: 8 (2dmg)
CD: 12

Grave: 37/37 HP

Jevi: 27/31 HP

Bandit M: 16/20 HP

Bandit F: 16/20 HP

Edited by Jevi

(You put your MD and BD around the wrong way XD)

The bandit was quick to recover, aiming a sly slash at my shin.  I stepped over the incoming dagger, attempting to plunge my heel down on his head, but all my foot hit was blazing sand; the bandit was quick to escape the danger and was soon back up on his feet, waving the small blade out in front of his face.  I was with in a lunge of the man, and so I took that chance, stepping long with my left foot and aiming my left fist at the man's chest.  His dagger collided with the back of my fist, a resounding crash emanating from the clashing metals.  My right fist came upwards for an uppercut, but was deflected by a brisk downwards sweep from the band it's free hand.  We were giving each other a murderous stare, our arms out wide.  The first to raise a leg would be the first to land a blow in that situation.

---

ID: 31321

BD: 1 + 1 = 2 = Modified Critical Failure

MD: 5 = Failure

Grave: 37/37 HP

Jevi: 27/31 HP

Bandit M: 16/20 HP

Bandit F: 16/20 HP

Edited by Grave

Jevi's yellow eyes glared at the woman in front of her, who was tossing the knife in her hands. ~"Damn you.." she said through her grit teeth, grabbing onto the red gash on her leg. The woman simply cackled and caught her dagger backwards, ready to take on Jevi some more. Before Jevi could move, the bandit woman was already running at her with quick speeds. Jevi took a step back, hoping she would be able to prepare for the imminent strike, but it was too late. The woman bandit had plunged her knife into Jevi's side. She struggled to take in a deep breath of air as the knife dove into her abdomen, but quickly knew this was her chance. She held her sword out to the side and activated her Reaver sword skill. With that, her sword glowed a red aura and before she brought it across her body with a vertical slash.. leaving a gaping red gash along the bandit woman's chest. 

ID: 31464
BD: 8 (4 dmg) 
MD: 7 (2 dmg
CD: 10

Grave: 37/37 HP

Jevi: 25/31 HP

Bandit M: 16/20 HP

Bandit F: 12/20 HP

Edited by Jevi

"Damn... It..." I cursed as the two of us struggled to position ourselves perfectly, and my attention was temporarily stolen by the bandit woman stabbing Jevi in the abdomen. "Jevi!" I yelled, but those precious few moments gave my opponent a chance to attack.  I felt a foot collide with my ribs, and I keeled over, still holding our arms apart. "Bad... Move..." I growled, before liting a leg up myself, my boot glowing crimson.  The kick found purchase on the band it's crowned jewels, and he instantly dropped to the sand, dropping the knife beside him.  

But I wasn't done yet.  I bent down and closed my fist around his throat, lifting him off of the ground.  I slowly began to squeeze the life out of him, his eyes beginning to roll back into his head... Until I felt a blade pierce my right hip.  I swiftly dropped the bandit and backed off, clutching my side... And my hand retreated with blood staining the flesh, and my eyes flicked over to the blade that had emerged from the toe of his boot. "You think you're such a smartass with your Bleed, don't you?" I asked, still growling.  I clenched my right fist and blue sparks arced across the plates. "Well, boy do I have a surprise for you!" I raised my fist and brought it crashing into the bandit's face, sending him feeling across the dune, sapphire electricity sparking from his clothing.  I groaned as the pain from the bleed began to take over.

---

ID: 31466

BD: 10 + 1 = 11 = Modified Crit +2 (6 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG + Bleed)

CD: 7 = Safe

Grave: 34/37 HP + Bleed

Jevi: 25/31 HP

Bandit M: 10/20 HP + Paralyze

Bandit F: 12/20 HP

Edited by Grave

Jevi heard the sound of hard metal colliding with flesh, and looking over her shoulder revealed Grave had given his enemy a good punch in the face.. knocking him several feet backwards. Jevi looked at the cloud of sand that the flying bandit kicked up, and then at Grave. He was really strong.. a lot stronger than she originally thought. Her vision came back to her current opponent, who looked pretty pained by the nice new gash Jevi left on her chest. The bandit woman cursed at Jevi before taking another swing at the purple haired girl. The bandit's sloppy form for this attack proved to be her downfall, for Jevi easily deflected the attack, knocking the bandit woman off balance. She then spun her sword in her hand and gave the bandit a matching red mark right across the last one she made, making a lopsided cross. 

ID: 31517
BD: 8 (4 dmg)
MD: 1 (Crit miss)
CD: 3

Grave: 34/37 HP (Bleeding)

Bandit M: 10/20 HP (Paralyzed)

Bandit F: 8/20 HP

Edited by Jevi

I made the smart choice not to strain myself too much while the Bleed was still active.  Sure, it wasn't real life where I'd be able to open the wound further, but I still didn't want to go fighting while wounded.  I was just going to have to wait for it to wear off.  I looked over at Jevi and noticed her dealing with the female bandit with finesse.  She didn't realise it, but she was much stronger than she thought of herself; my own skill was only because of the system.  I mean, I had tons of damage from my skills and the gauntlets I was wearing, not to mention an accuracy buff.  Jevi was doing well without any special enhancement.  I was pained to see her think so little of herself whenever she showed a small sign of weakness... A sharp pain shot through my side, the Bleed taking effect.  My attention was brought back to my foe, who was beginning to pick himself up.  Great; the Paralyze already wore off.

---

ID: 31062

BD: 4 + 1 = 5 = Failure

MD: Paralyzed

CD: 4 = Safe

Bleed: 1 DMG

Grave: 33/37 HP

Bandit M: 10/20 HP

Bandit F: 8/20 HP

Edited by Grave

The bandit woman let out a scream of agony as Jevi's sword ripped through her skin once again. She grabbed at her chest, panting loudly, and angrily. The NPC's eyes glared up at Jevi in a fit of rage.. before taking a deep breath and taking up a defensive stance, not going in for the attack like before. Not realizing this, Jevi took the initiative and ran forward with her sword at the ready. Within range, Jevi brought her sword upward to cut the bandit's knee. With a swift movement, the bandit easily deflected the attack. Jevi proceeded with another attack to the neck region.. again.. deflected. Jevi continued the assault as fast as she could, but the woman only parried her attacks even faster. This approach was not working, so Jevi jumped back to gain some distance. Looking down at her sword, it began to glow red once again as she activated another sword skill. She slowly brought her Scorpion Slicer above her head, almost like she was charging up for an attack. She then let the sword swing down forcefully into the ground with a large step forward, crashing into the bandit's blade and knocking her off her feet. This was all thanks to Jevi's Fell Crescent skill. 

ID: 31603
BD: 9 (5 dmg)
MD: 3 (miss)
CD: 10

Grave: 33/37 HP

Bandit M: 10/20 HP

Bandit F: 3/20 HP

Edited by Jevi

Jevi was still going strong in the background as I looked my gazed in the eye... At least it sounded like she was holding her own.  I felt another round of blood seep through my black coat, and the effect finally cleansed itself.  Relaxing, I stepped into my fighting stance, fists at eye level.  The bandit dashed in and leapt above my head, aiming his blades boot downwards toward my face.  My fists raised into a cross block and caught the knife between their plates... But I was quickly caught off guard by the second knife that ducked under my guard and plunged into my abdomen. "Oh, bloody hell..." I muttered, before switching my hands around, grasping the bandit's ankle with my right hand and his shin with my left.  In a brisk motion I twisted my right hand, snapping the bandit's ankle before slinging him forwards across the sand.  I fell back, clutching my bleeding abdomen.

---

ID: 31615

BD: 8 + 1 = Modified Success (4 DMG)

MD: 10 = Crit +2 (4 DMG + Bleed)

Grave: 29/37 HP + Bleeding

Bandit M: 6/20 HP

Bandit F: 3/20 HP

Edited by Grave

The female bandit struggled to get up off of the sand, coming into a kneeling position. The woman held at her chest, breathing heavily. Her other hand fell beside her, dropping her blade. The dimming eyes of the NPC slowly looked up to the purple haired girl who had put her in this state. As Jevi looked at the defeated, defenseless marauder.. she smirked and chuckling maliciously. She let her arm hang at her side, the tip of her Scorpion Slicer drawing a jagged line in the sand as she slowly walked forward towards her kneeling opponent. There were no words exchanged during this moment.. but Jevi's yellow eyes glaring down at the NPC's said it all. 'You're finished.' Lifting her arm up to the side, she swiftly brought her sword across the bandit's neck, cleaving the woman's head off. Before the scene could become any more gruesome that it already was, the woman vanished into a sea of white data fragments. 

ID: 31670

BD: 6 (4 dmg)

LD: 1

CD:9

+1 Mat

Grave: 29/37 HP + Bleeding

Bandit M: 6/20 HP

Bandit F: -1/20 HP

Edited by Jevi

I heard the shattering of an object to my left, and risked a glance over; to my delight, Jevi was still standing, and the bandit girl was nowhere in sight.  I smirked before turning my attention back to my opponent, but those precious seconds gave the bandit a chance to retrieve his weapon and plunge it into my ribs, twisting it sadistically, but still no expression crossed his face, as if he had done it hundreds of times before... granted, he probably had.

I coughed heavily, blood ejecting from my mouth as the status effect took a portion of my green bar.  Rather than fruitlessly attempting an escape, however, I wrapped both arms over the bandit's weapon arm and twisted it around, slipping the dagger out of my ribs and securing the arm against my damaged side.  I placed him in a wrist lock and slipped the blade from his hand, snapping it in half over my knee.  I finished with a hammerfist, catching the assailant in the nose and knocking him straight to the sand.

I backed off, now clutching my hip and my ribs, the former still bleeding.  Thankfully, I felt my <<Battle Healing>> tend to my most recent wound, regenerating my health partially.  My head turned to the purple haired girl who had finished with her prey. "Leave him to me.  I've got this." I coughed, the bleeding still getting to me.

---

ID: 31799

BD: 5 + 1 = 6 = Success (4 DMG)

MD: 7 = Success (2 DMG)

Bleed: 1 DMG (Grave)

CD: 11 = +1 HP

Grave: 27/37 HP + Bleeding

Bandit M: 2/20 HP

Edited by Grave

As Jevi stood there, smirking over the white crystals fall into the sand and dissipate, like snow landing on the hot sand, she Grave's voice as he gave out a grunt. Her head whipped around to see the dagger of the other bandit driving straight into Grave's ribs. Her eyes widened as she looked at his health bar drop even more. He was still doing alright, but he had taken much more damage than she had. She turned her body the rest of the way around, her eyes wide in fear for his life, clutching the blade in her hand. She took a step to help him, only for him to tell her to not intervene.. and that he would take care of it. She looked at the man, blood dripping from his mouth and ribs.. He was strong, and she knew he would be alright. She grit her teeth, but then took a deep breath and stood up straight, releasing the tension in her body. She looked at Grave and smirked, ~"Good. Thought I was gonna have to save your ass. But if you miss this next shot, he's mine." 

Edited by Jevi

(The page refreshed earlier, so I lost my post ;-;)

I let out an exasperated chuckle, still clutching onto my bleeding wounds. "Sorry, not today... Maybe some other time, hey?" I jested my attention drifting towards the girl I was conversing with. "But I don't believe there's any problem.  After all, he's dis-" My speech was cut off by the sound of slicing flesh, and my view was brought down to the serrated, gnarly knife jammed in my throat.  I mouthed the word 'armed', before snarling in anguish at my assailant.  In rage, I clasped my left hand around his wrist and snapped it in one swift motion, forcing the blade out as I did so.  My right hand, crackling with golden electricity, raised to his throat and lifted him off of the sand.  My voice returned, I threw my speech to Jevi. "It's kind of hard to 'miss' a hold, don't you think?" I asked, before sending a pulse of energy surging through my victim's head, causing it to explode into blue shards of data from the overload.

My grip relinquished what was left of the bandit's neck and let his body drop to the heated dune, dissipating gradually.  I clumsily turned to Jevi and flipped my mask up.  Blood dripped from the right corner of my mouth as I grinned half-heartedly at her. "What say you we haul ass out of here?" I asked, my voice still weak from the injury.

---

ID: 31910

BD: 9 + 1 = 10 = Modified Crit +1 (5 DMG + Paralyze)

MD: 9 = Crit +1 (3 DMG + Bleed)

Bleed: 1 DMG (Grave)

CD: 9 = Safe

Grave: 23/27 HP + Bleeding

Bandit M: *DEAD*

LD: 18 = Stolen Bread (Mat) + 100 Col

Edited by Grave

The girl let out a sigh of relief, bringing her hand to her chest as she did so. She was honestly worried for Grave there.. but she also knew he would be fine. After killing his enemy, he stumbled over to the girl, lifting up his mask. He was still pretty bloodied.. dripping from his mouth and chest. The gash in his neck also was not very good looking as well. Jevi threw out her arms grabbing onto the side's of Grave's coat sleeves to make sure he would not fall. She shook her head, a smile on her face, ~"You're just so damn reckless." She looked into his eyes for a moment before letting go of his arms and turning away. ~"Yeah, let's head back. And it looks like the sandstorm might be calming down as well.. Psh.. of course after we complete the mission." 

It definitely made me feel better to see Jevi worried about me.  Maybe doing dumb things was the best way to go?  On second thought... Maybe not. "Reckless fits me best, though, don't you think?" I replied, the words leaving as more of a wheeze.  I stood up straight, an arm tenderly to my back as I did so.  The quest seemed to have tired me out more than I had originally gathered... My thoughts were snapped back to reality by Jevi's voice once more. "What do you expect?  The creator of the quest is a douche after all." I told her with a light chuckle, insulting Kayaba as I did so.  I began strolling past the purple-haired girl and gave her a friendly tap on the shoulder as I passed her, my left hand tenderly pressed against the still bleeding wound at my throat.

---

Bleed: 1 DMG

Grave: 22/27 HP

Jevi shook her head and sighed as Grave walked past her.. obviously in pain from the battle, ~"Suit you? Yes.. But itll end up getting you killed. And I can't have you doing that.." As her sentence trailed off, her voice took a much softer tone. ~"I won't let you." She turned to face in the same direction that he was walking and jogged to catch up to his position. Without him caring, she took his right arm and placed it over her shoulders to support him while walking. She was a couple of inches shorter than him, but that would not stop her from trying to help. Her eyes looked up to Grave, as he pressed his hand against the bleeding wound on his neck. She looked worried until she noticed his HP bar, which was still in the green. She let out a sigh of relief, knowing he was going to be fine. It was then Jevi noticed a <Quest Complete> box pop up in front of her, with the reward of the skill <Survival>. She smirked, ~"Huh.. Guess that goes with how this quest went, huh." Until he felt he was able to walk perfectly fine, Jevi walked with Grave's arm around her shoulders through the desert. Without the sandstorm and the addition of her new skill, she felt it much easier and more bearable to make it through the desert without needing to rest.

About halfway back through the desert, Jevi's foot caught onto something buried in the sand, causing her to stumble. ~"Huh? What the hell was that?" She looked back to see something poking out of the ground, almost looking like the corner of a box. She gasped excitedly, ~"Almost looks like a chest! Maybe we will end up finding some loot after all." she laughed, running over to the box in the sand. Using her hands, she began to dig the sand out of the way to uncover what she had stumbled on. Once she had enough to grab on to, she pulled with all of her might to bring the chest of the sand. With one final heave, the wooden box emerged from the sand... revealing to be broken in half with only sand pouring out. Her face dropped, looking almost like a child who dropped an ice cream cone, ~"Oh.. Okay." she stood up, and continued to walk back to town.

By the time they had made it back to the gates of Armadillo, the sun had just set, and darkness fell over the town that was only illuminated by the different streetlights. 

((OOC: Ill end the thread in my next post))

ID: 32250

LD:9

Edited by Jevi