[SP-F4] Hunting the Frost Giant <<Avalanche>> [COMPLETE]

Hunting the Frost Giant

A team of adventurers have reported a field boss in the mountains of the fourth floor.  Apparently, the ice elemental enemies that spawn around that area will trigger the appearance of a new threat called <<Avalanche>> which is a larger version of the ice elemental, and much more powerful.  The team was able to get out alive, and was able to gather enough resources to end the field boss.  They were able to get a special item from defeating the creature, a special item that could help out anyone during a fight against a flame beast.  As this would be essential for the fight against anything on the 9th floor, adventurers have been trying to get this monster to spawn for their continued conquest of Aincrad.

On this episode of [Forgotten Dreams], our young green-haired hunter will be taking on this monster, not for the item, but for the glory of facing the beast and living.  Will he win the day, or will his story end here?  Watch and see!

Edited by Hirru

I found myself on the fourth floor after everything that has happened so far.  This was the place that had killed one of my good friends, and this would be the start of my hunt.  I was given information from the last one to see Lindow alive, that something was going on, on this floor; and, I was going to find out what that was.  Even if I had to search every nook and cranny of this floor to find it.  I would take everything out that got in my way.

Anyone...

Having traveled for some time, I finally found the spot where the ice elementals would spawn. I had heard, I would need to take out a few to get it to spawn.  Taking Time out of its scabbard, I rushed the first <<Ice Elemental>> that I saw.  Unfortunately, the ice around the area was rather slick, and I slipped on the ice before I could get near the elemental.  It didn't even pay any attention to me.

"Don't you ignore me!"

<<Ice Elemental>> HP 25 | DMG 2

[ID = 30444]
[BD = 2]
[CD = 9]
[MD = 4-1=3]

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 25/25]

Edited by Hirru

Getting up from my failure, I was about charge at the ice elemental again.  This time, I was careful enough to not slip on the ice until I could get to the elemental, but as I swung it easily dodged my attack before sending a frosty mist towards me.  Before the mist could hit me, I jumped to the side and rolled in time for the mist to miss me.  I got up from the roll and re-positioned myself for what ever the ice elemental would throw at me.  Hopefully, the field boss didn't take too many sacrifices to spawn, or else I would be here all day.  Maybe all week. 

[ID = 30446]
[BD = 4] Miss
[CD = 10] +1 HP... to what?  Cardinal?  Cause she's broken..
[MD = 6-1=5] Miss

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 25/25]

Edited by Hirru

The sequence of events would repeat itself again, as I found myself slipping on some ice to get to the elemental while the thing would blow icy mist at me, only for my sliding to get my body away from its grasp.  It was a good thing, but not really necessary.  Anything that this thing would do would be healed in no time.  That is, if I was ever hit.  That being said, I needed to hit it too so the assault would not become a stalemate between the two of us.  Though, knowing me, the world was probably planning this out.

"This better not turn out like that wind wasp."

[ID = 30456]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 7] 
[MD = 6-1=5] 

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 25/25]

Edited by Hirru

I was able to get my bearings on the icy plateau, as my attention went back to the ice elemental that I was trying to fell.  I ran across the ice, using the slick surface to my advantage to slide into a fair slash on the elemental's surface.  Unfortunately, that gave it the opportunity to unleash a barrage of icy mist to bombard me.  The mist seemed to chill me to the bone, but also caused several small cuts to form along my body, as if the mist held more than just vapor.  At that moment, most of the cuts would heal as my health climbed back a few blips.  It would seem that my Regen had kicked in as a small icon appeared shortly after the hit connected.  It would soon after disappear giving me the opportunity to see how my armor worked.

"This was going to be good."

[ID = 30458]
[BD = 8] 5 DMG
[CD = 6] Regen +2 HP
[MD = 10-1=10] 2+2-1=3

[Hirru Hp = 44/45] -3+2=-1 hp
[Ice Elemental HP = 20/25] -5 hp

Edited by Hirru

Having found a slight rhythm in the chaos, I found that if I used the ice to slide around, I could get in hits faster than trying to be safe.  This was a mistake to think, in any sense of the word.  I tried to 'skate' on the ice, but I fell again while still sliding by the elemental.  It released another icy mist that flew past where I once was, tracking where I had been.  It was a good thing that the attacks of the mobs didn't home in on their target as much as the higher mobs and bosses.  Maybe he would be able to do that next time, but first some solid full health, thanks to your friendly neighborhood Battle Healing skill.

"Where were you two nights ago?!"

[ID = 30466]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 10] BH +1 Hp (it actually does its job)
[MD = 5-1=4]

[Hirru Hp = 45/45] +1 hp
[Ice Elemental HP = 20/25]

Edited by Hirru

As I took into consideration of the single fact that the ice was a prevalent piece in this battle, the ice elemental took that time to give me another blast of its icy mist that seemed to cut into my body, as if the ice within was sharp enough to cause damage.  Though, thanks to my MIT the damage was minimal.  After that, to put insult to injury, the armor's Regen ability kicked in to heal what little damage it did.  I was back to full health when I made my move.  I came around the side of it, giving another sliding slash before sliding away.

"I saw that you did some damage, would be a shame if I healed it." 

[ID = 30488]
[BD = 6] 5 DMG
[CD = 9] Regen Active +2 hp
[MD = 9-1=9] Crit 2+1-1=2 DMG

[Hirru Hp = 45/45] -2+2= 0 (Oh how I love you Regen)
[Ice Elemental HP = 15/25] -5 hp

Edited by Hirru

It seemed that the sliding technique was working to my advantage now, as I could easily slide past anything that it threw at me.  As I slid in to cause more damage, I guess I triggered a sword skill as I launched from the surface upwards towards the elemental before Time drew a vertical arc downward, onto the icy being.  Not only that, but chain sparks began to pop up every so often along its body.  It was paralyzed by Time's paralysis ability which liked to be very finicky about when it wanted to activate.  Like battle healing which only liked to heal when I had full health...like now.

"How do you like being on the brunt end of the paralysis state?  Not fun, huh.."

[ID = 30492]
[BD = 9] Crit 5+1+Paralyze
[CD = 10] BH +1 hp to Cardi-chan
[MD = 1-1=0] Elemental is confused... it hit itself in its confusion

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 9/25] -6 [Paralysis 1 turn]

Edited by Hirru

The Ice Elemental looked like a medium side icesickle with humanoid arms, but they didn't have legs like the Crystal Fiends of the cave.  No, these guys had full blocks of ice for a lower body.  They must be able to slide around easier than I can, though I haven't seen it move much lately.  Especially since it has been paralyzed by my previous attack, but it looked like it could get up at any moment.  Having this moment, I took this moment to perform a simple <<Vertical>> onto the prone being.  As a dull glow permeated my blade, I could smell the ozone coming from it as the blade slashed through the air, and into the Ice Elemental.  Sparks crackled from Time into the creature, again showing a paralysis symbol on its health after the last one wore off.

"Damn.. I feel your pain."

[ID = 30493]
[BD = 9] Crit 5+1+Paralysis!
[CD = 7] Nothing
[MD = 3-1=2] Paralysis!

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 3/25] -6 hp

Edited by Hirru

My sense of being clashed with the need to destroy this thing, once and for all.  It was only a simple mob, but something about Time was calling him to vanquish it.  It called for its eternal rest.  I would oblige in my partners ideals, and performed a proper thrust into the elemental creature.  It cried out in sadness before ceasing for a second, and becoming many little light particles.

I took this moment to calm down from the fight.  Even though I barely took any damage, the effect of the armor was surprising, and I had to re-evaluate everything that my style stood for.  I was heading for a pure speed build that would focus DPS.  Now, with this armor, I had become the damage sponge.  Though, I wasn't exactly the tank type right now.  Maybe in the future, I would be considered the ultimate hybrid.

"That would only work, if I could get my skill ranking up more.  Which means one thing..  beat more bosses."

[ID = 30532]
[BD = 10] Overkill
[CD = 12] Meh
[MD = 3-1=2]
[LD = 3] Notta

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Ice Elemental HP = 0/25] +1 Material

Edited by Hirru

mb_avalanche.png

I found myself face to face to the great field boss of the 4th floor, Avalanche.  Though, I would not truly say that we were face to face, per-say.  This guy was much bigger than I was, and looked to be much meaner than its smaller counterparts.  I would have to be extra vigilant against this one, or else I was frost bait.  My first move would be to try the sliding maneuver again, to see if I could be faster than the big chunk of ice that it was.

Of course, it would fail as I slip and start sliding on my arse away from the field boss.  Though, it also missed me while I was sliding.  It would have punched me into the snow, but my constant movement gave me enough time to slide away.

[ID = 30553]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 10] 
[MD = 3-1=2]

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Avalanche HP = 50/50]

Edited by Hirru

Getting up from my sliding incident, I brushed myself off as it shuffled towards me.  So that's how they moved!  I had to do something productive against this guy, before he started the sliding game again.  Having taken some thought into attacking it, I gripped my blue hued sword, Time, and rushed at the large ice golem.  It readied its ice sickle like fist in the air, ready to smash me into the ground.  I would slide past its fist, and put a good gash into its arm.  I then slid to a halt some distance away from it.  The Avalanche proceeded to pull its arm out from the ground before turning towards me.  It was incredibly slow, so it may be very easy to kill it.

"That started out well.."

[ID = 30624]
[BD = 7] 5 DMG
[CD = 9] Nope
[MD = 6-1=5] Notta

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Avalanche HP = 45/50]

Edited by Hirru

Hirru decided to take the initiative for this next attack, and started sliding across the icy surface towards the field boss.  It could see my pattern and was ready, as it threw a punch my way.  It looked like it was ready to intercept me, but it didn't account for sword skills.  My blade would start glowing as it lay on my shoulder.  Soon, the skill would kick in, and I started running across the ice straight towards the punch.  Just as the icy fist would hit, the light would make me jump up, and strike the fist before it hit.  Somehow, my luck was with me, as Time executed its electric shock that would paralyze the field boss on the spot.

"Let's see how you like the shock!"

[ID = 30631]
[BD = 10] 5+2 = 7 (Paralysis DMG)
[CD = 11] Nope (Cause Paralysis)
[MD = 10-1=Paralyzed] 

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Avalanche HP = 38/50]

Edited by Hirru

This was going to be a heavy case of deja vu, wasn't it?  Trying to hit the Avalanche was proving just a bit harder than The Wasp Queen, and that thing was fast.  The environment was the main problem as the ice would make me slip up harder than anything, and the sliding didn't help either.  Which is what happened again, as I slide past another punch while on my arse, of all things.  If it wasn't for the fact that this thing was way too slow, I would probably be hit way too many times to count.  Hopefully, my Regen would have taken care of most of it, but I needed something that would give more damage mitigation.  Maybe, I should talk to Blue about upgrading my Kun Fur Hat.

[ID = 30641]
[BD = 4] 
[CD = 8] 
[MD = 6-1=5] 

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Avalanche HP = 38/50]

Edited by Hirru

"Maybe, I should stop thinking about things that I will do when I defeat this thing, and actually try to defeat it!"

I would say to no one in particular, as the abominable ice monster slid along on its icy base.  Slow, but I could feel how much power it took to perform such locomotion.  If it could hit me with that kind of power, I would probably have problems along the way.  Fortunately, it was way to slow to get to me, if I kept moving away from it.

Jumping back a few times, I nearly fell again from the ice along the ground.  I needed to be more careful about my current surroundings, as I wasn't in the other floors.  This place could ruin anyone's lives, if they were not careful.  The mobs were getting stronger, and people had to keep from attracting too much attention from the enemies.

[ID = 30650]
[BD = 2] 
[CD = 7] 
[MD = 5-1=4] 

[Hirru Hp = 45/45]
[Avalanche HP = 38/50]

Edited by Hirru

Finding that I had to do something about this ice covered being of a field boss, I found myself rushing into the beast.  I kept a fair pace as I tried not to slip on the ice more than I already had.  As I neared the Avalanche, it decided to take both arms and slam down at my position.  I would have been able to get away, but I thought about getting a feint in.  I let the attack hit me, causing me to be nearly crushed by the ice titan, and that's when it hit me.  No, not the field boss actually hitting me.  It was the fact that it was weak.  It only did a small amount of damage, even with my low mitigation.  Then, to top it off, my Regen kicks in to seal the deal, and only took a blip of damage.  Its attack didn't even really crush me, but brought me to one knee.  No one brings me to my knees!

"Are you serious?  I'm going to destroy you!"

[ID = 30653]
[BD = 7] 5 DMG
[CD = 9] Regen Active +2 Hp
[MD = 9-1=9] Crit 3+1-1= 3 DMG

[Hirru Hp = 44/45] -3+2= -1 Hp
[Avalanche HP = 33/50]

Edited by Hirru

I don't think that this is all a coincidence, as this has happened before.  Many times in the past, I felt that something was out there, messing with me.  It wanted to get me to do something stupid, but I wasn't going to let it.  I would persevere against its evil.  That is.. if I could ever keep a good grip on this icy ground.  It was the main thing that was hampering my abilities and causing me to fail more than once.  I had to do something about it, but what?  I couldn't break it, as the ground was usually an immortal object, unless a shovel was used, but how was he going to get a shovel out here?  Sighing deeply, I returned my focus towards the behemoth made of ice.

"Seriously?  I had a inner monologue, and you still couldn't catch up to me?!" 

[ID = 30689]
[BD = 5] 
[CD = 4] 
[MD = 5-1=4] 

[Hirru Hp = 44/45]
[Avalanche HP = 33/50]

Edited by Hirru

Switching between running and sliding was becoming a norm, as I found myself needing the momentum to perform most of the attacks needed to harm this field boss.  Having thought up a good way to do this next part, I sprung into action with my trusty blade of silencing, Time.  The two of us sliced through the ice and cold until we got to Avalanche, where we were able to deliver a solid two hit combo which looked like there were two swords, rather than the one.  Time's ability would kick in at that time to paralyze the enemy, allowing me to get a safe distance before continuing my assault.

[ID = 30841]
[BD = 10] 5+2=7 (Paralysis)
[CD = 8] 
[MD = 5-1=4] 

[Hirru Hp = 44/45]
[Avalanche HP = 26/50] -7 [Paralyzed]

Edited by Hirru

Unfotrunately, wasn't able to get the next hit in before the Avalanche was able to recover from its paralysis, and had enough time to turn around to face me.  Its icy fist would find my body again, this time causing a bit more damage, but still the same measly amount as usual.  My armors special ability would quickly come in handy as it activates, and heals half of the damage taken.  I really needed to invest in more mitigation, or else I was going to be in trouble if I wanted to go against the field bosses.  Standing up straight, I prepared myself for the next move.

[ID = 30858]
[BD = 5] 
[CD = 9] Regen Active +2 hp
[MD = 10-1=10] Crit 3+2-1=4

[Hirru Hp = 42/45] -4+2=2
[Avalanche HP = 26/50]

Edited by Hirru

I guess I wasn't thinking when this happened.  I found myself trying to charge at the field boss while trying to maneuver around the ice, but something didn't feel right.  As I was about to pass by it, the Avalanche began another great slam attack that would intercept my path.  I had no chance to change direction either as I was hit directly a second time.  This time, I was flung back pretty hard from the shockwave, and took quite a bit of damage.  Even my Regen wouldn't activate as it was too soon to activate.

"Damn.. this was taking too long.."

[ID = 30861]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 5] 
[MD = 9-1=9] 3+1-1=3

[Hirru Hp = 39/45] -3 hp
[Avalanche HP = 26/50]

Edited by Hirru