[SP-F4] Hunting the Frost Giant <<Avalanche>> [COMPLETE]

Given that the field boss had just used his greater attack at that time, I would be able to get in close quickly and cause a fair amount of damage.  I would use the ice to my advantage to gain momentum as I went along, and found a good spot on the Avalanche's body to give a good arcing slash from my sword.  From the sounds that it was giving, it didn't like that very much.  That was especially apparent when most of its body would start cracking until it soon started losing small areas.  This was slightly confusing as I had not defeated it, only got it past half...health.  This wasn't looking good for either of us.

"Strategy shift..."

[ID = 30862]
[BD = 8] 5 DMG
[CD = 2] 
[MD = 1-1=0] 

[Hirru Hp = 39/45]
[Avalanche HP = 21/50] -5 hp

Edited by Hirru
The field boss, with cracks all over its surface, would start a roar that made some of its shards shoot out in all directions.  Everyone would notice this as an Area Of Effect (AOE) attack which could hit multiple people at once.  Trying not to panic, but failing horribly, I started using my speed to my advantage by deflecting as many as I can, while running away from the rest.  It seemed to be a good strategy, but I didn't want this to be a normal thing in this battle.  I wanted to get this fight over with, and start my search for the ones that actually started venturing this floor for.  Soon, I would find them, and make them pay.

"I swore it!"

[ID = 30863]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 8] 
[MD = 3-1=2]

[Hirru Hp = 39/45]
[Avalanche HP = 21/50]

Edited by Hirru

It would seem that after the field boss had gotten much faster after doing that AOE attack.  It even looked slimmer, and was bipedal now!  I had to do something about this, before something bad happens, and I was destroyed on the spot.  I would run around the now fast moving golem, but it would apparently have something that we both would understand.  Fast moving on ice makes one slip.  First was myself as I missed my chance, and slid on the ice before falling on my rear.  The Avalanche was not able to catch me as I slid by, even though the attack would nearly graze me.  I would have to be careful about its tactics from here on.

[ID = 30869]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 11] 
[MD = 6-1=5]

[Hirru Hp = 39/45]
[Avalanche HP = 21/50]

Edited by Hirru

Getting the advantage in combat is the best way to beat any kind of opponent.  Find their weakness and exploit the ever living heck out of it.  Though, that could also be turned on you, so the flow of combat is always changing, and this was no different.  I found myself underneath the new abomination that would now be a fast moving ice behemoth.  I aimed at its leg and swung my sword to attack.  It would hit causing Time to activate, giving me some time as the field boss became paralyzed yet again.  Hopefully, I could continue this damage, and defeat this being.

"I'm seriously gonna catch a cold if I don't.."

[ID = 31019]
[BD = 9] 5+1=6 Paralysis!
[CD = 10] +1hp
[MD = 3-1=2] Paralyzed!

[Hirru Hp = 40/45] +1 hp
[Avalanche HP = 15/50] -6 hp Parayzed

Edited by Hirru

Before I could get away from the creature, it had already broken from its paralysis and was charging at me.  Its arm was now scythe-like in appearance and would slash it into me.  The damage was fair, and my armor tanked most of it.  Even more so when the Regen and Battle Healing kicked in all at once.  My blade would sing as I jumped back before running towards the ice creature and deliver a normal slash to its leg.  If I could reach its body, this may get a little easier, but that wasn't possible.  I skated by it before turning to face it again.  It would turn to face me as well.  Not too long now.

[ID = 31030]
[BD = 6] 5 dmg
[CD = 11] Regen and BH +3 hp
[MD = 10-1=10] 3+2-1=4 dmg

[Hirru Hp = 39/45] -4+3=-1 hp
[Avalanche HP = 10/50] -5 hp

Edited by Hirru

Do you the number one rule about fighting monsters?  Don't let your guard down, even for a second.  I would remember this rule as I watched the field boss come at me with its other arm in the shape of a hammer.  It would come crashing down upon me making me take a fair amount of damage, which was again tanked by both my armor and its regen ability.  I would come out of the attack with only one blip taken away from my health again.  Did I say deja vu, yet?  I wouldn't know, cause I have been going at this for some time.  Maybe, I should actually hit this thing.

[ID = 31033]
[BD = 3] 
[CD = 7] Regen +2 hp
[MD = 9-1=9] 3+1-1=3 dmg

[Hirru Hp = 38/45] -3+2=-1 hp
[Avalanche HP = 10/50]

Edited by Hirru

My guard had been thrown out of whack, as I did not see it come down again for another hammer attack.  I found myself having to cover myself before it hit, but something came over me.  I enacted a straight stab into the hammer that was coming down upon me.  Time would go into the icy hammer like butter, but it still came down upon me without halt.  I saw the damage done to me go down, and waited for my armor to do its work, but the Regen wouldn't heal it.  The field boss must have hit while Regen was in its recharge timer.  It made sense as it had already activated not moments before.

"I gotta finish this.. now."

[ID = 31034]
[BD = 7] -5 dmg
[CD = 3] 
[MD = 9-1=9] 3+1-1=3 dmg

[Hirru Hp = 35/45] -3 hp
[Avalanche HP = 5/50] -5 hp

Edited by Hirru

After the onslaught of hammer time, I took the initiative against the ice creature before it did anything else.  Time began to glow a soft red as I went in to perform a quick two hit strike that would look like two swords being used, at the same time.  The Avalanche groaned before falling to the ground, but before it could land, it would stop awkwardly in the air and shatter into many pieces.  I took a deep breath and sighed in relief.  It was finally over.  I got a notification menu about my rewards and exp.  Inspecting the item, it is apparently the potion that can halve burn damage.  This would come in handy later on, but not now, I thought as I turned to leave.

"I gotta get off this mountain.. too damn cold.."

[ID = 31035]
[BD = 9] 5+1=Overkill Paralysis (OP)
[CD = 7] 
[MD = 1-1=0] That's right... you stay down..

[Hirru Hp = 35/45] Winner!
[Avalanche HP = 0/50] Defeated

Complete!

Summary

Hirru - 400 Col + 1 Mat + 4 SP

Item Get!

<<Snow Frost>>
[1/2 burn dmg / 1 battle]

Edited by Hirru