[PP-F5] Sands of Time (Blue)

Sands of Time

The glittering dunes of the fifth floor glisten for our hunter in the next episode of [Forgotten Dreams].  The floor has an abundance of creatures that would cause harm to the most adventurous of players.  They like to sleep in plain sight or are hiding in the sands.  Some have thorns while others can paralyze the body to cause more damage to the unsuspecting person that would cross into their domain.  Our hunter has been contacted by a potential friend and creator of his armor.

How will our young hunter deal with the sand of Time..

..and will his compatriot get the materials that he needs?

Stay tuned..

***************************************************************************************************

Hirru had placed his ad out on the bulletin board for every floor within the first 5 floors.  He wanted to help out anyone that needed it, but needed the Col to get things that would further his own explorations.  It would be some time before he would get any kind of confirmation or PM from anyone that would need help.  He was sitting on a bench in the central city of Armadillo on the fifth floor, watching everyone that seemed to come by.  Some looked at the bulletin board, but no one would respond to his ad.

"Maybe, I should open a request for hiring around the area, instead.." 

Edited by Hirru

Blue had been exploring the floor in which sand engulfs everywhere from the safe zone to the place where mobs lurk and attack unsuspecting players when they come about. 'Tis was why he never really went out into the desert for mob hunting and today, he was prepared to do so. Early that morning, he'd gotten out of his bed located in his shop before reaching the fifth floor. He'd never gone above the fourth floor and he immediately saw a dramatic difference between the two floors as the fifth floor was blaring hot and the fourth floor was extremely cold. Argh. He thought as he walked through the town of Armadillo and whipped off a piece of sweat that had managed to find its way down from his head. As he reached the center of the town, he was that someone was looking for Col in exchange for help. Hm? Blue thought before reading the bulletin completely and looked at how much Col he had. Great. He thought before looking around to see whether the maker of the bulletin notice was close by so that he could hire the man. 

Hirru continued surveying the area before someone that seemed quite familiar came into view.  It was someone that he hadn't seen in a while, and someone that he wanted to talk to.  Hirru waved towards the boy, but his attention would go towards the bulletin board.  After some time, he would start looking around as if looking for someone.  The hunter decided that now would be the perfect time as he started waving, hoping that the young man would notice his waving.

Though, impatience would take over and he decided to just go over and say hello.  Heck, maybe he wanted his services, and that was the reason for his recent searching.

"Hey there!"

Blue heard a "Hey there!" from someone behind him and immediately he turned around to see who had said the message. Blue doesn't know that much people around the world of SAO except for the people that he'd helped out in his shop. As Blue turned around, he saw the green hair that was quite unique and absolutely impossible to recognize. What's his name again? Blue thought as he looked back to the bulletin board before looking back. "Hey Hirru." He said simply before realizing that this was the perso that was the "Hunter for Hire". Blue immediately cracked to business seeing that the day was still light. "Hirru, I need ten materials and I think you can help me out with that." Blue said. "I think... that'd be about 200 col. I'll pay you after reaching the tenth material. How does that sound?" 

Hirru laughed as Blue made the realization that he was the hunter that was hiring out his services.  It wasn't every day that Hirru would do this, and was mostly because he was getting nowhere on his hunts.  Especially on this floor, where a certain incident that will never ever be repeated ever again, took place.  He wanted to take out some pent up aggression on the creatures on this floor, and if he got some materials and help along the way, he wouldn't mind.

"That sounds fine to me.  I gotta thank you somehow for this armor."

He said as he pat the cuirass that would make up the main piece of the armor.  The fluff of wolves fur billowed in the hot wind, you would think that it was too hot to have such armor on, but the skill given on this floor would have kept that regulated.

"Hold on, while I add ya here."

He would say as the hunter pulled open his menu, scrolled through the junk to get to the party menu, and sent a party request to the tailor.

Blue smiled as he was sent the party request before accepting it by clicking on the check button which symbolizes that he'd accepted the invite and was now in a party with the player. He looked up at the sky to see that it was no longer extremely early in the day and people have already started their day. "I'm not too familiar with this floor." Blue said honestly, he'd never really been on any floor except the first and the fourth one. "How about you lead the way? And we can kill whatever mob we see fit in the desert?" It was a slow but efficient way to gather them materials and that was what he needed for his shop... it would be quicker that way as well since they had two players fighting alongside each other for the materials.

"Oh, don't worry about that.  This floor is mostly just desert and mountainous areas."

Hirru said as he began to lead the tailor through the city before finding the pass that would be a safe zone between the town and the desert.  It was a long path within the mountains the bypassed most of the desert to get to the other towns on this floor, but the tower to the next floor was situated in the desert, so you had to go through it to get to the dungeon.

"So what kind of materials are you looking for out here?  The only things that I've seen are possible materials for thorn based gear, and things for para... that thing."

As they crested the turn into the desert, Hirru caught sight of one of the creatures in question.  It was a cactus, but not just any cactus.. a living cactus.  Though, you wouldn't be able to see it from its natural camouflage in the desert, but if a low level character would try to pass by it, the cactus would come to life and attack.

"Alright, I see one now.  Most of the enemies on this floor are ambush predators.  They hide in the sand, or become akin to the flora, to catch people off guard."

Hirru would say as he drew Time from its scabbard.  The blue hue of the blade contrasting to the sand and red earth of the floor.  He would then rush at the cactus as it sat immobile.  Hirru's blade cut into the foul beast... only to find that it was just a normal cactus before it was needlessly destroyed by Hirru's antics.  For his troubles, he got some cactus hide.  Careful, it's prickly!

"Whoops.. I guess I got carried away."

As soon as he said that, the sands underneath him began to move as something tried to escape from underground.  Hirru rolled out of the way just as a medium sized tail with a stinger attached came shooting out of the sand.  Soon, its owner would come rumbling out of the sand.

<<Scorpion>> 25 HP | 2 DMG | 1 Paralysis (Oh god.. I'm going to regret this..)

[ID = 30677]
[LD = 19] +1 Mat

[MD = 3]
[BD = 3]

[Hirru = 45/45 hp]
[Blue = 31/31 hp]

[Scorpion = 25/25 hp]

Edited by Hirru

Blue smiled. "The cactus might be quite useful in making armor with the thorn enhancement on it... with all the spikes on it and stuff." He said casually before Hirru leaped away foolishly from a scorpion attacking from the ground. Could've just walked out of the way... They can't see that well underground. He thought as Hirru decided that he wasn't going to make an attack. Guess I'll have to do so then. He thought as he pulled out his sword.

ID: 30710
BD: 2+3=5 (0 DMG)

Blue charged forward with his sword in hand, fully anticipating that his attack will land on the target no doubt. However, things were not able to go according to plan as he was somehow missed the scorpion when it dodged out of the way of the attack at the last moment. Hm. He thought as it decided to hide underground before having a surprise attack probably on Hirru. 

Edited by Blue

((Sorry about the long wait))

Hirru saw the young tailor miss his mark before the scorpion would dig into the sand to go into hiding.  If he had the scanning skill, the hunter would be able to see it before it came up, but that would be too late.  Hirru felt the rumble of the sand underneath him when a claw came up from the sands and grabbed his leg so he couldn't move.  Then the tail came up from the sands striking him in the stomach region.  It was a minuscule, and the armor's ability would heal it faster than anything.  Hirru freed himself from the scorpion as it dug itself out of the sand.

[ID = 31082]
[MD = 8] 2-1=1 dmg
[BD = 5]
[CD = 8] Regen +2 hp

[Hirru = 45/45 hp] -1+2= Nope
[Blue = 31/31 hp]

[Scorpion = 25/25 hp]

Edited by Hirru