[PP-F2] <<Long Live the Queen>> (Mack)

Shirosu had recently been exploring the second floor in much more detail when she had heard about this quest called long live the queen and was curious, apparently it was a feild boss and she was excited to try and pummel one. Once she found she ques and accepted it she hesitated, had she just agreed to a quest with a possible bug in it? She shuttered at the thought but it was to late to decline.she knew she would have a hard time if she tried to tackle a field boss alone so opening her contacts menu she considered who she would pm to ask to join her. When she saw Macks name she almost dismissed it, still angry about the solider initiation, but gave herself a good wack in the head and telling herself to smarten up sent her guild master a PM.

Hey Mack! Shirosu here, just accepted a quest on the second floor and was wondering if you were ok helping me? its called <<Long Live the Queen>> and i figure should be pretty easy for you, if your interested i'll meet you at the teleporter.

she hoped the burly man was up to helping her in this quest.

Working at his forge up on the fourth floor Mack looked up, an automatic reaction, at the sound of an alert that let him know he had received a message from someone. Activating his menu he scrolled through the screens and examined the message from Shirosu. So, she was wanting to team up for another quest. That could easily be arranged, besides Mack had the Crimson Edition Light Armor that he needed to pass off to her. As a knife wielder he couldn't see any possible logical way that Shirosu would be considering the use of heavy armor like what it was that Mack himself used. Mack typed out a quick response that he would meet the silver haired woman at the teleporter and then set off from his shop, leaving Chewie snoozing on his mat. The bear cub knew what was expected of him, after all.

With a few moments Mack was stepping down the few stairs that led into the plaza portion of the portal plaza in Erbus. Since Shirosu had contacted him, and since he hadn't seen anyone else included on the message, and since he assumed she would be gunning for the promotion to Squad Leader, Mack was clad in the crimson cloak with gold trim that was the badge of office for the Blades. No doubt, Shirosu intended this to be a Guild Quest. There was the added benefit that Mack had skipped the Long Live the Queen quest when he'd been lower level, so he'd be able to get the full benefits from completing the quest with Shirosu. Spotting the woman, Mack made his way over to her, parting the crowd before him.

"Afternoon," he said, rumbling a greeting to Shirosu. "If this is to be a Guild operation, you'll need your cloak. It will count towards your necessary actions to get promoted to Squad Leader. Also, I have this for you," the blacksmith rumbled. Pulling up his menu he scrolled through the options until he found the Crimson Edition Light Armor. Tapping the item, the supple leather armor that had been dyed scarlet appeared in Mack's outstretched hands. "Crimson Edition Light Armor from Blue. I traded him a sewing kit for it, since you're the highest ranking Blade who is likely to choose light armor over heavy armor it falls to you to decide if you would like to use this armor or not. It has a plus two thorns modifier and a plus one bonus to your evasion." Mack held the armor out to Shirosu so she could inspect it.

Edited by Mack

Shirosu sighed in relief when Mack said he would accept, she was hoping to use this in her advancement to Squad Leader, the faster she could get her but up to the front lines the better she would feel about being trapped here as she help to clear the way to the 100th level. When she saw Mack she grinned and said,"Hello!" by way of greeting, and gave a friendly wave. "Ah yes! i forgot about the cloak," she wasted no time scrolling through her inventory to equip the red garment for the mission, Her eyes widened when he presented her with the crimson armour, and he explained is boosts,"Wow, yes i would love to use it!" she exclaimed, she had been meaning to craft herself some armour lately, but still was having issues on getting it just right so this was perfect, it also seemed like any mob would regret attacking her if she wore it.  Excepting the armour from Mack and  Shirosu equipped it and tested out moving around in it real quick. Seeing no issues she gave Mack a thumbs up and said," I was also recently given a gift from Vasth, a charm with two extra Accuracy, so it should be pretty hard for me to miss now!" she was starting to get excited about the quest, even if it wasn't the hardest one around.  

Turning towards the exit to town Shirosu grinned and said,"Shall we get started and kill a field boss as quickly as possible?" 

"Mack watched as Shirosu accepted the armor and promptly tried it on after adding her Guild Cloak to her appearance. Mack had been on the verge of reminding the silver haired woman that the armor would automatically appear over her body, so she need not be shy about trying it, but apparently Shirosu didn't need the reminder. He also nodded in approval as she explained some of the new gear she had, including a good luck charm from Vasth. Mack made a mental note to get himself over to Vasth's shop and to see about having a similar charm commissioned for himself.

"I'm ready when you are, lead the way," Mack rumbled, making a grand gesture towards the massive wrought iron gates that led out of Erbus and out into the surrounding forest. "You contacted me, so you're in charge. I'll help with the field boss, but the rest is up to you. You're growing quickly though, give it enough time and you'll be on the Front Lines, and you'll be a Council Member in the Blades soon enough. No one else is as close to the vacant position as you are, right now. Of course, you'll also still need to get voted into the Grand Secretary's position by the rest of the Council. Anyway, lead on."

With another grin Shirosu walked threw the exit to the Erbus, her head held high, she was surprised that Mack believed she could be a council member at some point in the future, she was happy to hear that, at least she was getting stronger every day. As she walked Shirosu kept her eyes open for any signs of the Wasp queen,  then she spotted what looked like a gigantic bug off in the distance, hovering around lazily.  Shirosu shuttered, she hated bugs, wasps with a passion seeing as how she had stepped in a whole nest when she was ten. As she neared she quickly confirmed her suspicion that the giant bug was indeed the Wasp Queen and making sure all her gear was in order Shirosu entered the battle range to preparing begin the attack. 

(will start battle next post, that way if by some reason we kill this thing fast, we have some extra posts so that we can drag the tread out)

"You want me to attack the Queen first to try and draw aggro on the beast," Mack asked. His health pool was already almost twice the size of the Wasp Queen's, so the massive insect would have a hard time killing him just in general. Conversely, Shirosu's pool of health points was actually just a little bit smaller than that of the enormous insect. Therefore, it made more tactical sense for Mack to enter combat first to draw the Queen's attacks. But, if Shirosu wanted to make things more challenging for herself, which would further impress her Guild Leader, then Mack wasn't about to tell her she couldn't accept the challenge. After all, he was right here to help and, most likely, it wouldn't take too much effort on his part to kill the beast.

• ID: 30813
  • BD: 3+3=6 (hit)
  • MD: 6-1 (miss)
  • Wasp Queen 26/30
  • Shirosu 27/27 [HATE: 1]
  • Mack 47/47

Grinning slyly Shirosu drew her Dagger and said," I wanna try pulling the agro myself,  It would need at least five full crits to get me below 10 HP, and 18 normal hits to be 2 damage off of killing me, so with you helping in not really worried" and that was the truth, stepping forward Shirosu entered the agro range. The Wasp Queen drifted towards her and mack but not waiting for the beastly bug to reach them Shirosu ran low to the ground towards the bug, when she got underneath the creature she used the strength in her legs to stab upwards into the giant wasp's abdomen, out of the corner of her eye she saw a giant stinger swing towards her but ducked away from it and pulling her knife out of its belly,danced back in Macks directing, leading it towards its next hit.  

Edited by Shirosu

ID: 30814
BD: 9 (8+1) - No Crit.
Wasp Queen: 18/30 (-8 Dam.)
Shirosu: 28/28 (Hate: 1)
Mack: 57/57 (Hate: 1)

"Your call," Mack said in a low tone, seconds before Shirosu took off. Mack watched through his grey eyes as the silver haired woman streaked across the distance separating her from the Wasp Queen before leaping and driving the long knife he had given her on their first meeting deep into the creature's abdomen. Quickly enough, Shirosu came streaking back, leading the Wasp into the trap. As she was returning, Mack slung Guillotine down from its sheath on his back and rolled his head around on his neck to loosen up. When Shirosu brought the creature in range Mack swung his heavy bearded axe over his head and buried the axe head in the Wasp Queen's exoskeletal head with an audible crunching noise. The blow hit with enough power to push the creature's health bar into the yellow zone after only one hit.

"Four damage, not bad. I think Guillotine can top it through," Mack called easily to Shirosu as the Wasp rounded on him. Both he and Shirosu were pulling equal amounts of aggro, so it was anyone's guess who the queen would attack next.

• ID: 30815
  • BD: 7 (4+3) (hit)
  • MD: 5 (6-1)(miss)
  • Wasp Queen: 14/30 (-4 dmg)
  • Shirosu: 27/27 [Hate: 2]
  • Mack: 57/57 [Hate: 1]

"No fair!" she called as the giant blonde man demolished the wasps HP with his axe Guillotine "You're still light years ahead of me!" she dodged another attack, this time coming from the queens mandibles as she lunged towards Shirosu, who quickly grabbed a hold of a flapping wing before flipping onto the creature's back and digging her knife as far as it could go into a break in its insect like sections. once the damage had hit she once again abandoned her post on the creature's back and leaping onto the ground left room for Mack's next attack.  this was turning out to be much quicker than Shirosu thought it would originally be.

ID: 30930
BD: 8 (7+1)
Mack: 57/57 (Hate: 2)
Shirosu: 27/27 (Hate: 2)
Queen Wasp: 6/30 (-8 Dam.)

"At the rate you're leveling up, you'll reach this level before too much longer," Mack called out in answer to Shirosu's complaint that he was well ahead of her in terms of skill within the world of Sword Art Online. "You're a lot faster than I am, though. Of course, for dropping the bosses," Mack continued, swinging Guillotine loosely back and forth between his hands before altering his grip on the bearded axe again and swinging the blade back over his shoulder before burying it, once again, in the queen wasp's head with a powerful two handed overhand strike. "But nothing bites into a mob's health bar quite like sheer raw power."

• ID: 30953
  • BD: 8
  • MD: 1
  • Mack 57/57 [Hate:2]
  • Shirosu: 27/27 [Hate:3]
  • Queen Wasp: 2/30 [-4 Dmg]

"I hope so!"  she called in regards to her improvement, running behind the flustered beast he kinfe a flash as she leapt up to the wasps level, her knife met its mark for a third time in a row, quickly leaving a large pixelated gash on its flank, with a tsk she saw it didn't do enough damage to kill it, she guess Mack would be taking the kill, oh well, there were plenty more opportunities for that in the future, landing in a crouch Shirosu called,"maybe one day i'll get that power, or not who knows!, i believe its your turn!" she said, leading the agroed wasp in his direction again

OOC: Neither of us missed a single attack... wonder if that's ever happened before.

ID: 30954
BD: 7 (6+1)
Mack: 57/57 (Hate: 3)
Shirosu: 27/27 (Hate: 3)
Queen Wasp: -6/30 (-8 Dam.)

"As with anything, it just takes time and practice," Mack called back to Shirosu as she slid back to the ground from off of the Queen Wasp's back. "I started out the same way as you, and now I'm running a guild," the Grandmaster shrugged his broad shoulders and considered the Queen Wasp for a moment. Given that he and Shirosu had yet to miss a single attack, the creature was already down into the red zone on its health bar. Taking two quick steps forward, Mack swung Guillotine with an uppercutting motion, catching the insect in thorax and neatly slicing it in half before it evaporated in a shower of pixels. "Well, that wasn't too hard," Mack rumbled, turning to Shirosu. "What next?"

OOC: I was close a few times, thank you Acc XD,  should we beat up another queen or something else odd?

Shirosu watched as Mack finished off the poor field boss, the bug exploding into a light show of pixels, that didn't take much time, stretching she approached the burly blonde, her cloak swirling behind her and said," Maybe there are some monsters with the same kind of health around that we can pick on, anything would be good right now, i am not ready to stop yet, this is kinda fun"  She looked around, maybe they could take on some of those little wasps that were around, they were probably just a bit weaker the the queen, good farming for mats. 

ID: 30969
LD: 15 - Mat. Harvested

"This is still your party, so lead the way. I wouldn't be opposed to a little more hunting for the purpose of farming mats," Mack said, nodding to Shirosu before planting the bladed head of Guillotine into a nearby tree. Even though, strictly speaking, the giant of a man hadn't been making an earnest attempt to harvest a material from the tree there was still a solid spray of wood chips and, a second later, a lumber based crafting material appeared on the ground at his feet. Kneeling, Mack picked up the item and added it to his inventory before standing and planting the butt cap of Guillotine in the ground and leaning on the axe head as he waited for Shirosu to lead the way to their next activity.

• ID: 30970
  • BD: 7
  • MD: 5 (6-1)
  • Mack 57/57 [Hate:0]
  • Shirosu: 27/27 [Hate:1]
  • Minion Wasp: 21/25

"Ok then!" she said and started roving for a new target, what she came up with was a wasp that looked like a smaller version of the Wasp Queen,"Mack! found a Minion wasp!" Not really in a mood for waiting Shirosu approached the smaller wasp cautiously, and to her surprise they moved much faster then the queen. "Woah!" she said, dancing out of the way as the wasp flew towards her in a mighty bug rage. taking her chance as it flew past she raised her knife to give it a good stab before jogging in the blonde haired mans direction the wasp following close behind,"These guys are faster!" she called

ID: 30973
BD: 3
Mack: 57/57 (Hate: 0)
Shirosu: 27/27 (Hate: 1)
Minion Wasp: 21/25

Mack watched the opening round of combat between Shirosu and the smaller wasp, planting the iron butt cap of Guillotine in the ground to watch the beginning of the fight. Despite this new wasp being smaller and faster than the Queen had been the silver headed warrior didn't seem to be having any kind of problem fighting the little bug. Given that this one was smaller, Mack made a spur of the moment decision to test Shirosu and see if she could handle the wee beastie. "This one's all yours," he called, leaning on the top of the bearded axe head of his weapon. "Give a shout if you need any help. If I kill this one, you won't get a mat."

• ID: 30976
  • BD: 1
  • MD: 4 (5-1) 
  • Mack 57/57 [Hate:0]
  • Minion Wasp: 21/25

"Ok then!" she called she darted around with the Wasp, each trying to get into the upper hand to attack, that's when Shirosu's foot slipped "Ahh!" she exclaimed as she hit the ground, seeing its opportunity to attack the wasp bared down on her and attempted to stab her with its stinger, on the ground she deflected it with the side of her blade and the stinger planted itself in the ground next to her head, rolling away Shirosu jumped to her feet and made some room between her and the wasp,"Whoops" she said,"that was close"

ID: 30979
BD: 11 (10+1)
Mack: 57/57 (Hate: 2)
Shirosu: 27/27 (Hate: 1)
Minion Wasp: 11/25 (-10 Dam.)

Seeing Shirosu hit the ground the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades sprang into action. Leaping forward, the hardened steel axe head of Guillotine snaked out, the sunshine that filtered through the leafy canopy of the trees above glinting off of the blade. Stepping into the lateral swing, like a professional baseball player, Mack blasted the wasp out of the air as it made another attempt to attack the silver haired woman. The little insect sailed off into the bright blue sky. "And, that should draw aggro. So, go nuts." Mack planted the butt cap of Guillotine in the ground again and waited for the wasp to right itself and come zooming back.

• ID: 30981
  • BD: 1 (OTL)
  • MD: 2 (3-1)
  • Mack 57/57 [Hate:2]
  • Minion Wasp: 11/25

"Thanks Mack!" Shirosu said as he hit a home run wasp across the forest she watched as it came fly down towards them getting increasingly faster,"Oh..." She said realizing the danger and scrambling out of the way before the beast could impale her upon landing, once again her foot slipped, yikes she would need something to work on her footing, but instead of waiting for the thing to striker her she rolled for all she was worth before standing up to see the Wasp had planted it's stinger way deep in the earth. With a whistle she exclaimed," Wow that would have sucked to be hit by that!" she watched as the creature struggled to remove itself from the ground with a grin. 

ID: 30987
LD: 15 (Mat. Found)
Minion Wasp: 9/25 (-2 Bleed)

"Alright, the bug's all yours. Until you hit it again, it should focus on me," Mack called to Shirosu as the silver-haired woman slipped on the grass again. She definitely needed some practice when it came to her footwork. Hefting Guillotine up to his shoulder once more, Mack swung the weapon, propelling the bladed head deep into the trunk of the nearest tree. Wood chips fountained from the place where the weapon struck the tree and a piece of crafting lumber separated itself from the rest of the tree for Mack to pick up and add to his inventory once again. This was turning out to be a pretty alright farming run in addition to having killed the Queen Wasp for the quest item that she dropped.