[PP-F1]Brave New World (Takao) -Completed-

takao shocked Red with his understanding. She was certain he would have thought it to be immature at best, but he seemed to think it a good idea. This brought a smile to the blondes lips as she looked back up at him. It was nice to know that she wasn't completly crazy n her reasoning. OF course now with the talk of the real world, she couldn't help but wonder about her body, if it was back home, or what had happened to it. She knew that some players had died simply because they lived alone and there was no one to feed or care for them. She lived alone, but she had friends, so someone had to be doing something for her.

As the conversation turned to his own origins, Red got the impression that perhaps he had some secrets to hide. That wasn't surprising as everyone did, and having just met him she was in no position to probe further, despite her own curiosity on the subject. It was good to know that he had an idea of what he was doing though, not that hae hadn't already proven that with his knowledge and combat prowess. "Well, Im glad your here." She said with a smile before realizing what she had just said. "I mean, not that your stuck here, but that your in the game and... Damnit" fer smile faded a bit, as she continued to watch him for a reaction. "Im sorry."

Talk about the real world was prone to bring up various thoughts and varying emotions. Takao didn't often worry about his body too much, since he lived at home with his parents he was rather confident that he'd been taken care of. He was much more worried about how his family would've reacted, and it almost brought a strangely bittersweet smile to his face. He could imagine his father's reaction, who would likely denounce the technology in its entirety and place the blame on something arbitrary and unrelated. He found that bit the most entertaining. His mother likely took the news a good deal harder, though he didn't dwell on those thoughts for long before her voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

At first, he smiled in return to hers. Then as she went on to try and elaborate what she meant, his smile widened a bit in an attempt to hold back his laughter. "No worries," he said, leaning a bit closer to lightly bump her with his arm. "I think I got what you meant. I'm happy to have been able t'meet you too."

Red could see that he was trying not to laugh, and that evoked her own smile to return to full force. She even giggled when he bumped her arm. While she had little experience interacting with other players she was glad to see that they could be down right sweethearts. She responded to his kind words with a bump of her own into his arm. "So what do you do hear aside from saving damsels in distress?" She said in a flirty tone looking up at him again with a grin. After she spoke she cast another wayward glance to make sure nothing had respawned near them, and was pleased to see there was nothing nearby. Nothing creature related. She did however catch sight of a single tree not far off with some large leafy branches that did well to cast some shade.

Red gave him one last look before gesturing to the tree. "Cmon lets go sit down for a minute or two. I don't know about you, but I could use a drink."

Takao caught on to her flirty tone following her slight bump in response to his own, causing his smile to widen. "Well, I-, er..." he said, taking a moment to pause and think over what exactly he did do on the floor. He couldn't exactly remember what he'd been doing before besides traveling from a nearby settlement to the floor's capital city, and it seemed like he met somebody new whenever he wandered around. More often than not, they tended to be low leveled players as well, usually looking for help in some way or another. Takao's hand raised up to scratch the underside of his neck as he returned from glancing off at nothing. "S'that really all I do on this floor?" he said, his voice carrying tones of disbelief until he shrugged. It wasn't a bad way to spend his time, after all. His smile, which had been briefly replaced by his pensive expression, returned as he looked back to her after her suggestion to sit in the shade.

"Sounds good to me. I don't usually hang around this floor all that often though, to be honest. I've got a shop up on the third floor that I spend a good bit of my time in if I'm not hunting or something."

Takao mentioned that he had a shop up on the third floor. It seemed there was a lot to her knight in shining armor than she had thought. Not only was he an everyday hero, but he was also a business man. She giggled a little wondering what kind of whop he had, and picturing him in the various positions associated with the different shop types. The idea of him being a tailor crouched over a sewing machine, or with a needle and thread embroidering someones name on a coat was particularly entertaining to her. She made a note to ask him some more about it later, maybe even to go visit him up there soon, and see what he does. She did want to travel, and what better reason than to say Hi to a friend. OF course that would come later, now they were going over to catch a rest under the shade of a tree.

"I'll race ya." Red smiled and dashed off towards the tree, her blonde hair trailing behind her. She needed to find something to tie it back with. Still that was a minor concern at best in this stage of the game. Right now however she was actually having fun. For the first time since logging in, she was enjoying herself. As she neared the tree she reached out touching it while turning around to see if Takao had fallen behind.

The entertained look and giggle hadn't gone unnoticed by him, though he could only wonder what he'd said that she found amusing. He didn't think much of it, or rather, hadn't been given much of a chance to think much into it before she challenged him to a race. Takao's competitiveness was a bit like gasoline, which meant it only took a small spark for it to flare up. He stole a quick glance at his familiar who nodded in return as an indication of its approval, and he looked back to Red as she took off in the direction of the tree. He lifted his sword and stowed it away in the scabbard on his back, then tensed his legs and took off sprinting behind her. A combination of his «Sprint» skill as well as his avatar's parameters allowed him to pass her with ease. By the time she looked back to see if he'd fallen behind, Takao was already sat beneath the tree with his arms behind his head and a wide grin on his face.

"Sprint skill, baby! Woo!" he shouted out, followed by a brief fit of laughter that died down when she caught up. His familiar had hopped off his shoulders and was already scurrying up the trunk of the tree, likely in search or some unsuspecting wildlife to harass, as was his usual means of entertainment. Takao pulled his legs in to sit cross-legged, the wide grin still plastered on his face. "So, what'd I win?"

Red frowned as she saw that Takao was nowhere to be seen behind her. It was almost as if he had just disappeared. It was at that moment that she heard his voice call out triumphantly. She spun around again shocked to see him sitting so casually beneath the tree like he had had all the time in the world. He laughed too, causing her to abandon her frown, and laugh along with him. If she had had any doubts as to how fast he really was, those were certainly gone now. "Sprint eh? I don't know if that was allowed." She said as she sat down beside him, sticking out her tongue playfully. Of course his ability was allowed, there was no such thing as cheating here, after all she hadn't exactly given him a fair start to the race either.

It wasn't until he asked what he had won that she suddenly felt flustered. There was no indication of a prize to be given nor was she in a position to award anything to him.  The nature of the joke had been completely lost to her in the moment, and even with his wide grin, she still focused on the seriousness of the question. He had certainly earned a prize, if not for besting her in the race, then for everything he had taught her today. But it came down to her having nothing to offer. After all she already had pledged to pay him back as soon as she could for his help, so what could she do now? Suddenly an idea came to her, ad it immediately caused her to blush and turn her face away from him. It was silly wasn't it? people don't do those kinds of things right? AS she questioned she scooted closer to him, feeling more nervous. And then in flash of speed that may have even rivaled his own, she leaned over and kissed him gently on the cheek. "Thats your prize today." She said with a small giggle while turning even redder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF THREAD RESULTS

27 Posts

No loot gained from combat

Takao +1 SP

Red_Rose +1 SP, +400 Col