(PP-F11) A Break From Duties (Lowenthal, Piera)

Piera wasn't sure what a 'muppet' was in the sense that Jomei was trying to mean, but it made the corners of her mouth twitch nonetheless. She wasn't sure about all what he said, but didn't want to get into it when they were trying to cheer each other up. When he responded to her silent plead for help, the brunette smiled and nodded in agreement, looking back to Lowenthal and returning his squeeze to her hand. His tight hug surprised her, but after the initial shock wore off, she returned it tightly, her face buried in the buckles on his chest. "You're our Fool. That's all that matters." Her smile was crooked as she looked up at him when he pulled away. "Your life would undoubtedly be very boring. Or a lot more peaceful. Depending on how you look at it, heh." When the orange player agree to one of her suggestions and immediately changed into his swimsuit, Piera quickly swiped her menu open and hurriedly equipped her own lilac bikini. Grinning at her ginger haired friend, she beckoned him as she took off running, her feet kicking up sand as she sprinted after Lowenthal before stuttering to a mild halt once the waves reached her toes. "Nnn it's cooold!" She whined, yet still smiled as she tried to inch forward, the waves lapping at her ankles now. Truthfully the water wasn't all that cool, but anything that wasn't at least warm, she considered 'cold'.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jomei let go of Lowenthal's shoulders as he turned around and hugged Piera. A warm smile crossed his lips at the sight. Just as Lowenthal said.. Jomei agreed that Lowenthal and Piera were his best friends. Probably the best he has ever had. His soft smile turned into a wide grin, placing a hand on both of their shoulders. "Oy, you guys are gonna make me cry with all the mushy stuff." he said with a laugh. Lowenthal then quickly suggested the three go swimming in the water, and switched into his bathing suit, and then splashing through the water. Piera, with a smile on her face, did the same.. The brunette, however, felt the cold water and hesitated from going in. With a smirk on his face, Jomei began to run forward with his menu open, quickly switching into his green swim trunks. He then lowered his body and picked up Piera in his arms, making large splashes as his feet hit the water. Once he hit the deeper part of the water, when his legs were almost completely submerged, he dropped the girl into the water laughing.

Lowenthal turned to see Jomei carrying a flailing and fussing Piera. "Oh, that's not good." Lowenthal said to himself, as Jomei entered the water with her. And as Lowenthal had predicted, Jomei dropped her into the water. Lowenthal quickly made his way over to a now frantically flailing Piera. "C'mon, stop flailing like a fish. Calm down." Lowenthal said, trying to get Piera to stand up. As he did, he looked at Jomei, and rolled his eye. "That was quite mean. I mean, what if poor Piera here drowned?" Lowenthal said, holding her face to his chest. He quickly released her however, sensing the fire that Piera was radiating. "Sorry." Lowenthal said, apologizing for being touchy all of a sudden. "Look at what you made me do." Lowenthal said, splashing Jomei and splashing water at him, then laughing.

"You started it!" Piera immediately and childishly protested at Jomei, having no clue if that was true or not and not particularly caring. She was just trying to work up the courage to at least wade in to her knees when she was suddenly picked up princess style by her ginger friend as he ran into the water, splashing them both. "YAAEEK! PHAK!" She yelped before beginning to flail and push at Jomei wildly, her face spread in a grin. Then she suddenly felt gravity drop and she yelled with wide eyes, "Nonononon-!" But then she fell into the chilly ocean water, submerged as she floundered to find her footing when she was pulled up. Gasping for virtual air, her immediate instinct was to hit the person closest to her, and when she found herself being cradled into a man's chest, she did just that. Blinking in surprise, she then pulled away an saw that it had been Lowenthal that saved her. She glared between the two male players with a dour look before yelling out, "GET DUNKED!" And bowling into her ginger friend, diving back into the water to try and get payback.

Edited by Piera

Jomei could not help but laugh after the flailing Piera fell into the water. In the past, he had been the same as Piera.. avoiding the cold water, he avoided most outdoor activities because of his fair skin, but when he did go to a pool or beach, he was no fan of the cold water. But here, in SAO, they needed to live like each day was their last, or at least Jomei did. The laughing ginger was then scolded by Lowenthal, who ran over and picked up Piera, her head in his chest as she spit out the ocean's water. The angered look on her face only made Jomei laugh even more, especially after she hit Lowenthal instead of him. "I-I'm sorry. I-I just ha-had to haha!" He then heard a loud splashing sound and opened his eyes to see Piera lunging at him, and grabbing the man's head, pulled him down into the water. Jomei took a sharp breath as the blue ocean got closer to his face and finally splashed into it. He flailed his arms until he was able to gain the upper hand and pull his head out of the water, the long wet bangs in front of his face whipped over his head so both his eyes and forehead were visible. After another deep breah, he glared at Piera.. but then started laughing again.

Lowenthal laughed as Piera got her revenge by dunking Jomei into the ocean water. Lowenthal leaned back in the water,and let himself drift for a while. Thinking, all the while he floated. It was a nice day, too nice of a day to spend moping about. He didn't care what he and his friends did, as long as they were there with him. He smiled and closed his eyes. "So, what do you guys do for a living?" Lowenthal asked. "I mean, outside of SAO. In the life before this one." Lowenthal inquired, curious about his friends. 

Piera met Jomei's glare with a wide grin before joining in on his laughter, allowing herself to sink into the water as she drifted diagonally, sort of floating back as she stroked the water softly with her arms. It was weird, swimming in virtual water in a virtual world. But it still felt so good. She could smell the salt water of the ocean just as she could in the 'real' world. She'd always liked swimming, whether in the ocean, lake or pool. Not that she was an avid swimmer by any means, but she could keep from drowning and she enjoyed it in the summer. When Lowenthal asked them what they did for a living, she couldn't help but shoot him a weird and confused look. He knew what their professions were why- But in his clarification, she blinked and was briefly amazed at how much SAO was their new reality. "Oh, uh. I was a secretary. For a small security business that installed like alarm systems an cameras. You?"

Jomei stoop up from the water, shaking the water off of his head and then pushing his hair back again, since it was wet, it stayed in its slicked back look. He took in a deep breath, looking out at the horizon.. wondering how far it would go. Would he eventually hit a wall? Or an invisible barrier of some sorts? He then lowered his body more into the water to enjoy its coolness. Lowenthal spoke up, asking his friends what they did before getting into SAO. Piera answered his question first, she was a secretary for a small business. The ginger haired man smiled softly, "Good for you. I was actually in the middle of looking for a job." he scratched the back of his head. "I had finished college a little under a year earlier.. and was looking for a job to become a teacher." He let out a light sigh, "Some of those interviews went pretty well too.. probably missed up those chances being here. What about you Lowenthal?" 

Lowenthal continued to float, absent mindedly bumping into Piera and drifting away slowly. "Well, my dad basically own the mall where I live. So I work there. Currently, I work in a lemonade stand. Seeing lemonade flavoured, things. Like drinks, and icees." He said, smiling. "Nowhere near as impressive as secretary to a company, or a teacher. I mean, I don't even know what I want to do." Lowenthal said. He had spent most of his time out of High School playing video games, or hanging out with friends. So he naturally hadn't thought about what he wanted to do, what college to attend, or even if he wanted to leave the mall he worked in. He sighed as he bounced of of Jomei this time around. 

Piera held her nose closed with her fingers before dunking her head under the water for a moment before reemerging and slicking her hair back much as Jomei had. When said ginger spoke of his own job situation she smiled wistfully. "A teacher? That's awesome. I uh...I wanted to be a teacher myself. But I didn't finish college." She shrugged before encouraging, "But you'll still have a chance to get other interviews when we get out of here. I'm sure. It's probably better than having a job and then just going missing or in a coma or however they're calling this." The water splashed lightly as she gestured vaguely.

Glancing to her side, she smiled as Lowenthal bumped into her as he drifted on his back before continuing to float as he answered their friend. His job didn't sound very thrilling and she knew from second hand experience how complicated it can be to work for family. "Hey, at least you have a job man. As for what you want to do..." The brunette looked up at the orange and red streaked sky. "Sword Art Online is giving us all some hands on experience. That has to count for something. At least it'll give us some time to think. I wonder what the world will think of us all when we get out of here....." The young woman's expression was more serious now before shaking her head. They were supposed to take a break from such serious thoughts.

Jomei smiled when Piera mentioned she once wanted to become a teacher. "Well thats good to know. I want to teach math to high school students.." he chuckled "I know... I'm the divil himself. but who knows, maybe when you get out of here.. you'll be able to go back to school if you want." he smiled, trying to give the girl hope, just as she tried to give it to him. Lowenthal went on to talk about his career choice, which was working in the mall at a lemonade stand selling drinks. He closed his eyes and took a small deep breath, forgetting about the sweet taste of lemonade he loved so much. He chuckled, speaking softly to himself.. but the others could hear him.. "Heh.. Lowenthal's lemonade... Lemonthal.." He looked back down to Lowenthal, "Aye, a job is a job. Hell, maybe when we get out of here.. you'll become a real life tailor." he laughed. He then turned to Piera.. who wondered about what the outside world would think about all of us who were stuck here in SAO.. "Well, I guess you could say we are like miners.. who are stuck in a mine. Theres no immediate way for us to get out, and our families and friends can only pray we make it out safely.. But when we do, they would welcome us back with open arms and do everything they can to help us get back to normal." 

Lowenthal chuckled. "I don't think I could teach. I don't have the patience." He said, chuckling. He looked at Jomei. "You make that pun again. And I'll hurt you." he said completely joking. "And I don't think that I could handle being a tailor in real life. I mean in here, the game assists me with basic functions. And not to mention the ton of physical therapy I'll have to go through. I mean, how long have I been on my back?" Lowenthal asked himself mostly. And how long had he been stuck in SAO. "Changing the subject to something more fun." Lowenthal said, standing again. The sun's ray began to make the sea glitter. Something that Lowenthal missed a lot. "When we get out. We should meet up. Like for coffee, or something." Lowenthal suggested.

Piera's expression blanched when Jomei confessed what he wanted to teach. Laughing as he admitted that he was the devil himself she shook her head. "I hope so. I'd like to get a major in English Literature. Maybe become a librarian." When the ginger haired man made a pun with Lowenthal's name and lemons, the brunette giggled before laughing harder as she said in spite of the threat that he had issued, "Lowenade. I'd drink it, hehe."

She wondered if their in game jobs would have any applications in the real world. "I can't see me becoming a chemist...unless I try and cook meth in the bathtub or something, heh. I'd just blow myself up. Maybe they'll start a charity or something for everybody in SAO." As the subject of meeting up in real life was brought up when they all escaped, Piera smiled contentedly. "I'd like that. I don't even know where you guys live, but I'd really really like that. Hmm..."

The alchemist drifted for a moment before flipping to float on her stomach as she idly waved her arms and legs under water. "Hey...what's your guys' names? You don't have to say if you don't wana, I'm just curious."

Jomei chuckled, "That sounds like it would be a nice job. I say go for it, would be a nice transaction after this." He then slowly let his body down to float in the water.. only to sink faster than a rock.. not exactly knowing how to float like the others did. He stood up again, slightly coughing to get the little bit of water out of his system. Jomei raised an eyebrow and looked at Piera, who jested about blowing up her bathtub while trying to make meth.. "Trying to tell us something there lass?" he said teasingly to the girl with a laugh.  "Well, I saw myself becoming a musician." he placed his hands behind his head, "Used to play a lot of guitar and sing in the real world.. even was part of a band for a bit." he sheepishly smiled, "Just a pub band though during my college years at Dublin City University. "Jomei smiled at the thought of meeting up in person.. "Yeah.. that would be nice..". waiting to see if anyone else said it first, he took the initiative.. "Surprisingly enough, Im actually living in Japan at the moment." Piera then came out of left field with the question everyone usually knows not to answer. What our real names were. Well... the not answering part was mainly for minors to avoid predators and such.. but Jomei knew he had nothing to worry about. He was among his best friends. He looked to Piera, and then Lowenthal, "Nick. Nick Sinsear.. thats my name." he smiled, some of the hair he slicked back was beginning to fall forward again.

Lowenthal sighed as the two of his friends talked about their futures. Like they what was going on. in their lives and what steps to take to reach them. "My name's, Adachi. I used, 'Dillion' as a pen name. Cause I don't feel comfortable using my real one for sign in sheets." He said, chuckling. "I mean, what with all the scams and stuff that go around. How was I supposed to know that this was a real thing, and that'd I'd be trapped in here?" He said, chuckling at himself. "What about you Piera? What do people in the old world call you?" Lowenthal asked, redirecting the question to her.

Piera's eyes rolled at Jomei's pointed question. "No!" She tried to insist before listening with interest as he explained that he'd been in a band in college when in Dublin. "....Gah, your life sounds amazing Jomei." The statement wasn't said with jealousy or malcontent, just simple amazement. As the ginger haired man explained that he was actually living in Japan at the time he logged into SAO, her eyebrows raised in surprise. "Wow. I mean I know it started out as a Japanese game before getting released worldwide, but huh. I just assumed that y'know, you were in Ireland or the UK."

A smile graced the bespectacled young woman's features as he gave them his full real name. "Nick." She tasted the sound of the name on her tongue before remarking, "Your last name sounds cool. Like a pokemon or something, heh." The brunette started drifting a little bit further out, seeing how far she could get before she could no longer keep her toes touching the bottom. Her attention turned to Lowenthal as he explained that he had used a pen name 'Dillion' on the Sword Art Online application and that his actual name was Adachi. "Adachi." She repeated aloud, again testing the flavor of the name before smiling. "Yeah I can see why you'd be wary. I'm a bit too trusting. At least when it comes to games."  Her sandy haired friend's question was posed in an odd way but nonetheless she answered, "Alyssa Piera Hawkins. I've used my middle name as a pen name and username for most of my life so I'm pretty used to it."

Jomei rubbed the back of his neck when Piera said that his life was amazing, "H-Hey now. It wasn't that great. Had its downfalls of course." He then chuckled at Piera's surprised look on her face to Jomei admitting he actually lived in Japan. "Yeah, most people do obviously. Well when I was younger.. my mum, who had custody of me, got relocated for her job to Japan. Iv'e mad trips back to Ireland.. mostly for college.. but moved back here when my mum was not doing too well health wise." 

Jomei looked Piera in the eyes, his eyes wide open when she repeated his name. It had been forever since someone had actually called him by his real name. It felt... weird... but also created larger sense of trust between him and his friends. As for his last name.. "Heh.. its actually the old Gaelic translation.. for ginger.." he coughed "The spice.. not referring to my hair color" he laughed. Jomei then looked over to Lowenthal when he revealed his actual name, "Adachi huh? Thats a cool name" he smiled. Last but not least, Piera revealed her actual name to be Allison, Piera being her middle name. Jomei laughed, "Piera is actually your middle name? Thats awesome. But Allysa Hawkins huh.." he tested out the name just as Piera was, placing his hand on his chin, "Thats actually a beautiful name, I gotta admit." he smiled brightly at his friends.

Edited by Jomei

Lowenthal sighed. His friends once again out-shined him. This time with their names. How could he compare with them. Jomei was in a band, and in school, and a teacher. And Piera's name alone was enough to make Lowenthal green with envy. He leaned back, and pushed himself beneath the water, allowing the coarse water t crash over him. Lowenthal let himself sink for a bit, and felt the soft sand touch his back. He opened his eyes, looking upwards. The water was, amazingly clear. It blurred his vision, but not like salt water did in the real world. The rays from the setting sun bounced, and refracted all around the water. It was peaceful, and immensely serene. It calmed Lowenthal, putting his mind to rest. A few seconds passed, and Lowenthal re-surfaced. He ran his hand through his hair, slicking it back. "Hey, let's go ashore. The sun's starting to set, so we should probably get going. Oh! I have an idea. How about you two stay the night at my place? Believe it or not, I actually have room for about four other people in that little shack o' mine." Lowenthal suggested. "We could play truth or dare, or tell scary stories. Maybe even do each other's nails and hair." Lowenthal said, being serious but then cracking a joke. Truth was that The beach they were at was a good ways away from a safe zone, and the last thing he wanted was his friends to stumble through the dark on a floor that wasn't completely explored yet.

Piera frowned slightly at the news about Jomei's mother. "I'm sorry." She said as a small token of sympathy, not knowing what else she could say. She just hoped that the woman was doing alright while they were stuck in here. It made her think of her own mother and her gaze lowered to stare down at the water, sinking down slightly so it covered past her nose. But she perked up when their ginger friend informed them that his surname was the gaelic word for 'ginger'. His specification that it was referring to the spice and not his hair color did nothing to stop the brunette's spluttering laughter, some of the ocean water getting up her nose as she laughed. "It's still too appropriate!" She said, chuckling.

When Jomei complimented her name, the alchemist couldn't help but smile shyly and sink back down into the water to hide her happiness at the simple statement, catching sight of Lowenthal dipping under the water before sinking lower. She watched above water, waiting to see how long he would stay under before he finally emerged with a suggestion.

At first her smile dropped, thinking that he was trying to get them to go back home, when he suggested that the both of them stay with him for the night. "That sounds great." She immediately replied without a second thought before grinning at his other suggestions. "Oooo, yes!" Piera immediately agreed before she registered the last part. "Um, well maybe not the nails and hair. Race you back to shore!" She suddenly challenged to hide her awkwardness, starting to overhead stroke as quickly as she could manage back towards the beach.

Jomei scrunched his nose and gave Piera a half smile, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly as she laughed at the irony of his last name. He had to admit, it was pretty funny after all. Jomei stood up as Lowenthal slowly sank under the water. He raised a sharp brow as he looked down at the sandy haired man laying there.. motionless. He wondered what he was doing, and then he sprung out of the water like a whale, water splashing in each direction. Lowenthal then suggested heading back to shore, being the sun was nearly set. He also offered a place for Jomei and Piera to stay for the night, to which Jomei nodded with a smile, "Alright, lets head back then." Piera then dove into the water, racing the other two back to the shore. With a laugh, Jomei dove under the water himself and began to swim after Piera. Once Jomei felt his knees start to scrape against the sand, he pushed himself up and awkwardly ran through the retracting water and onto the sand.