[PP-F2] Change in Level (Jomei)

I haven't been on the second floor very often. The only time that really stuck out was when I did the quest with Abalasster and Opal. Since we spent most of our time out in the fields I hadn't actually gotten a chance to see much of the town though. I took the teleport gate to the city of Urbus earlier today and I was just beginning to walk around. The town had a very European feel. If I had to place the time I'd have to guess mediaeval. In any case it was pretty interesting. But the most interesting part was its location. It looked like the town was in a crater between large mountains. It gave off an ominous feeling. I couldn't place my finger on why but that's how I felt nonetheless. Bringing my attention back to town I noticed that there weren't many people. Of course it wasn't empty but there were hardly any crowds anywhere. I guessed that this was the neglected floor at the moment. Kind of like the disliked cousin of the first floor. I doubted I'd see anyone there.  

It felt like forever since Jomei had last been on Floor Two.. and that was not necessarily a good thing, since this is where his shop, where he also called his home, was. The ginger haired man stood outside of the thin, two story building that was his music hall and placed his hands on his hips, "Been awhile.." He decided to go inside and see if everything was still in order. Luckily for him, the game did not make the place vacant after he had been away for so long, so he was easily able to get in to the place. He looked around at all of the instruments and decor he had in the shop and smiled. Now that The Velvet Room was slowly, but surely, expanding, he felt as though there would need to be a possible base of operations, and Jomei felt his shop may make a suitable place. It was big enough to fit multiple players, also just outside of the safe zone, so Lowenthal would be able to enter the shop as well. He opened up his menu and fiddled with a couple of the settings the game provided for setting up the shop. After he finished, he went back outside to see what he had done. Turning to look at the shop, the front door now had the symbol for The Velvet Room etched into the middle. Also, two semi-circle cloths, one purple and one black, hung above the door overlapping each other. He nodded, thinking it was suitable for the group. He figured it was time to go about his day to prepare for the upcoming boss battle. However, a familiar face caused Jomei to think otherwise, "Oy, Koumori!" He walked over to the young player and greeted him. "What're you up to lad?"

(Sorry for the delay I've spent pretty much all night working on my new picture)

I walked around the town for only a little while before I was proven wrong. I had just left an generic NPC shop when I heard a voice call my name. That accent was unmistakeable. I stopped in my tracks and turned to see Jomei walking towards me. I glanced over his shoulder as he asked what I was doing there. Behind him was a building with a sign that read "The Velvet Room". I thought that I heard that before in SAO and I figured it wasn't referring to a reality between mind and matter as it was referred to as in a game I had played in the real world. Thinking on it a believed it was a guild. If that was the case then that must've been one of its headquarters. Well so much for nothing being on the second floor. I looked back down to Jomei who was already upon me and greeted him. "Hi, Jomei. I'm just passing through. Are you coming from a guild meeting?" I said as I gesture towards the sign. 

(If it's uncool to reference Persona in character I'll change it, just thought it would be funny.)

"Huh?" Jomei confused for a moment, almost forgetting the small changed he just added to his shop. "Oh, no. No meeting. Just felt with increasing members in my guild lately, we could use a couple of bases of operations to hold meetings and such." he ruffled the hair on the back of his head. He gave the boy a smirk, "Im guessing you saw the symbol and "The Velvet Room" huh." he crossed his arms. He then looked at Koumori... he didn't know too much about him, but he seemed like a good guy. Maybe even a good fit for the guild. He scratched at the hairs on his chin in thought.. Maybe I'll test the waters a little bit more.. see how I feel about it. "Well, if you were just passing by, why don't I tag along with you.. If you don't mind of course. I was not up to much anyway." 

• 1 month later...

Jomei seemed confused at what I said until he looked over his shoulder and remembered what was behind him. He said something about needed more space to hold meetings. I didn't know they had that many members. Well that makes sense. Didn't know you guys were so big though." I said as I examined the shop in front of me. It certainly looked professional. I brought my attention back to Jomei as he starting speaking again. The way he was standing there, with his arms crossed, made it seem like he had been examining me. I wondered what he could've been thinking about. Perhaps he was just sizing me up. That wasn't an uncommon thing to do in this game. I couldn't dwell on it too long as I needed to answer what he had been saying. Something about tagging along with me. "Uhh, sure. I kinda just stumbled here so we might be able to help each other out with that." What I said was true, I had no idea what I was doing there in the first place. It was almost like I teleported to the floor out of pure impulse. It never crossed my mind that I'd actually run into someone here. But if I hadn't it would be a boring trip. Maybe with Jomei tagging along I could actually make something out of the day besides blowing my money on pointless stuff. I put my hands on my hips and let out a deep breath. "Alright I know nothing about this place..any thing cool to do?"