[SP-F6] Defeat my inner demon <<The Gemini>>--Complete--

Zandra was once again strolling at floor one. By some reason she like walking there, looking at different people. Because there you can see both new ones that havent started to adventure yet, but also frontliners from time to time. Today she didnt had anything to dao anyway, and all her friends where busy on doing other stuff.''Hmm. What shall I do today.''she said to herself. And as always, she got strange looks at her and people commenting that she was a weirdo, talking to herself. But she liked talking to herself. She always got good answers then compared when talking to other players.''Well, actually I cant waste my days just walking around aimlessly like this. I have to train to be stronger and be able to join in the upcoming floor boss fight. Zandra picked up the guide book to see if there was any interesting solo-quests.

Edited by Zandra Zvift

When she browsed thru it she found many interesting quests that she wanted to do. But at the moment she was way to weak to solo them. She turned page after page and found one.<<The Geminni>>. It seemed like it was easier the lower level you where if you had good equipment since after each level, your weapon and armour dosent matter as much as your skills and level.''Well, I think I will go and try this one out. Hmm, floor six. I havent been there before. ''Gonna be fun to see a new place as well.'' she closed the book and putted it back into her inventory while she was heading to the warp-plaza. She entered the gate.''Here we go.''she took a deep breath and said the name of her destination.''Amazon!''

When she exited the warp-gate she saw there was only female NPC's in the main settlement, and the city was surrounded by jungle on all sides. Zandra had herd that the quest would activate somewhere in the jungle. So where should she start. When taking another look at the NPC's she saw all of them was almost two meters tall. It also looked like them was more then capable to defend themself. Hopefully the quest not gonna involve anyone of these huge warriors. ''So, where shall I start exploring. Probably its not gonna start aomewhere inside the city,'' so she had to head out in the jungle. She had never been a big fan of jungles in real life, and she had never been in one ingame.

Well, nothing was gonna be better or easier only because she was waiting for a better time. She looked thru her friend list again, but everyone was still busy. And after all this was meant to be a solo-quest. She rolled her shoulder to make sure her shoulde-guards was on place, opened and closed her hands to make the joiints more movable. Turned her chest, first to the right, then to the left to soften up her platemail protecting her stomach and lower back. This was one of the best advantages with this armour, she was able to turn her torso which would be impossible in a full-plate armour. But it was also a weakness, the platemail didnt protected as good as full-plate would do.

She took a step out in the jungle. There she stopped and looked around. There wasnt any monsters attacking her, neither any female warriors. She took five steps more. Looked around again. Nope, the coast is clear. Then she started to walk as she had done so many times on other floors, but now first time in a jungle. Would she be tested in same challenges as in a jungle in the real world where you have to look out for posionous frogs and snakes. No wait, that was the rain-forest. But there was probably posionous snakes in the jungle as well. But this far she havent seen a single reptile in the game. There must be some reptiles somewhere, she havent just encountered them yet. And she was happy she havent. They probably arent friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

suddenly Zandra ran ito something. She thougth it was some kind of monster, maybe a reptile. She jumped back and pulled forth her dagger, ready to defend herself. When she saw what it was, it was just a NPC. She puts back her dagger.''Hi. Who are you and why are you here?'' she didnt cared about introducing herself since it was an NPC.''Hello traveler. Why are you here?''the NPC points at Zandra.''You have entered my territory, and therefor I challenge you to a duel.''Zandra that havent dueled before gladly accept the challenge. She pull out her dagger and places herself in a more defensive position, ready for the opponent to make the first move. Thats when she saw something happened to her opponent. He transformed. Equiped heavy armour and a dagger. The blonde hair turned black and grew to the same length as hers. A few moments later, she stod face-to-face with herself.

Zandra just stood there, having a staring contest with her doppelganger. When she finaly snapped out of it and returned to reality, the copy of her rushed towards Zandra with raised dagger. In last second Zandra took a quick step to the side, making the opponents dagger only cutting air. Now it was her time to counter. She charged her most powerful sword art, Fad edge. When she felt it was ready she released it. The claw of the northern ice-dragon twirled in her hand four times, creating four slashes on Zandra, the NPC-Zandra. A good start, she succesfully made a hit on her opponent while beeing unharmed herself.

ID: 34438

BD: 9 Crit +1  6x4x1=24-5=19 Damage

MD: 5 Miss

Zandra: 44/44 (7/11)

Gemini: 25/44

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Zanndra maybe have had a lucky strike, but she couldnt relax just yet. This was a duel to the death so she had to keep fight as good as she could.  This time she choosed to charge one of her other sword arts, Tri pierce. Her dagger danced and made three angular thrust. A red triangle appearedon the Zandra-copys armour. It seemed the opponent started to get angry. But you have to keep calm in a duel, other wise you wont strike any hits on your opponent. And this was the case here. The NPC-Zandra made an attack, but as last time only cutted her dagger thru air. A smile appered on Zandras face.

ID: 34707

BD: 7+1=8 Hit 5x3x1=15-5=10 Damage

MD: 5 Miss

Zandra: 44/44 (5/11)

Gemini: 15/44

Edited by Zandra Zvift

Zandra backed of a couple of steps from the doppelganger. The doppelganger looked at Zandra and Zandra at the doppelganger. Both was waiting for the opponent to make the first move. After some time Zandras copy didnt wanted to wait anymore, she charged at Zandra, using the same sword art as Zandra had started the battle with. But Zandras armour was much stronger then her opponents, and Zandra dagger more deadly then the toy her copy used. Zandras healthbar barely dropped, then she answered with another Tri pierce. Another triangular appered on the copys chest. Zandra saw the red healthbar dropping... droppin... dropping... and hitting zero. The enemy disapeard in thousand of pixels that faded out in the air.

ID: 34708

BD: 10 Crit +2    7x3x1=21-5=16 Damage

MD: 8 Hit      2x4x1=8-14=1 Damage

Zandra: 43/44 (3/11)

Gemini: -1/44 DEAD!

LD: 10

Edited by Zandra Zvift

''Yes! I made it!'' Zandra said while laughing of happiness. She almost made a short victory-dance.''What you say about that copy-me? You challenged the wrong girl.'' thats when she saw the pixels appear again, but this time they was ash-black. Zandras laugh stopped and she freezed in her victory dance. Wasnt the quest done? Didnt she completed it by defeating the copy of herself, the so called gemini. She looked at the screen, but it said quest completed. This wasnt something that had anything to do with the quest. Zandra readied herself to fight another copy of herself, maybe the quest was just reappering. But this felt completly different from how it felt when she started the 'first' Gemini quest.

The black pixels slowly started to take shape. But it didnt made a solid shape, it looked more like something made of smoke, like one of those video-game spirits. Zandra backed a few steps, always looking at the thing that happened in front of her. If this was a new enemy, would her dagger even be able to harm it, and would her armour be able to protect her from it harming her. Zandra was totaly confused how the situation have turned out. She recognized that the forest have turned darker as well. Now it seemed the thing in front of her was complete. It looked like a man, just a little taller then her, with a black robe and a one handed sword in his left hand. But he was completly black, and looked like he was made completly of thick black smoke.

Then the man started to speak. Or she thougth it was the man, but he didnt moved his mouth a bit, it was like he was comunicating with telepathy.''Good work Zandra. You have driven me out of that creatures body. Ive been waiting for you to free me for as long as I can remember.''he took a few steps towards Zandra.''But dont be afraid, Im not here to harm you in any way.'' Zandra took another step back.''Well, if.. if you not gonna harm me... why... why are you wearing that sword of yours. Thats not something someone that not gonna harm the other person do.'' she said with the courage she had left. Staring at the man and his black smoking blade.

"Oh, Im sorry."the voice continued."But dont worry, this blade cant harm you."the creature took a few steps to the nearest tree. He raised the sword and choped the tree. Or he would if it was a normal sword. Hos blade just went thru like smoke wpuld do. When he turned towards Zandra the blade was whole again."See, nothing to be afraid off?" He said while walking towards her."Well, I guess not."she shrugged her shoulders and telaxed a little. Looking from side to side to see if thete was someone that could help her.

But she was so deep in the jungle, someone barely came unless when doing the gemini quest. When she was looking towards the man, he was only a few steps from her."back off, dont get any closer." Zandra said to the shade, trying to take a step back. But something atopped her. She glimpsed over her shoulder, a tree. When she looked at the shape of a man he had drawn out his sword again."No, what are you doing?"he raised the blade, the razorsharp tip pointing at Zandras chest."You must stop thinking of the real world."he said to her."What? Would I do that?"

The shade answered with two words."Wrong answer."he took a step forward, piercing Zandras heavy metal, then it pierced her body as well and got out on the back of her armour. "Gaaaaaahh!!" The pain was insane. She dropped her dagger and fell to the ground, looking at her healthbar, she was paralyzed and had lost a fourth of her health. What was she gonna do. Better find out what he wanted, why would she stop thinking about the real world?"Why cant I think of the real world? I think of anything I want." Zandra said to the man.

"No, you dont." The man said, summoning a new smoke sword and pierced Zandra with it, just a few inches below the first."GAAAH!!! HELP ME SOMEONE!!" she screamed as loud she could."Haha, no use. There is none here nearby that can hear you. Haha." He said, summoning another sword. "Normaly you cant feel pain in SAO. But these are special programed for that hehe." He said while looking at the smokey sword."My friends says they like when I mention the real world, so we all remember what we are fighting for. I wont let you make me unable to be of any use." 

"Hahaha!" The man started to laugh."haha! You realy think that? Are you stupid or what?" He said while summoning another sword. The paralyze have started to worn off. She gathered her strength and pushed herself up, standing on all four, breathing heavily."No, you wrong. My friends would never lie to me about that."the looked at Zandra quietly."haha!" He kicked her in the side and Zandra fell down."So, your friends you say? Who are your so-called friends?" He bent his torso to Zandra and stared at her. The first one that popped up on her head was Jomei."There is Jomei. We have spent hours together. He likes when I mention the real world. He says it make us remember what we are fighting for."

The man stood silent for a few seconds. Then he laughed again."Haha, Jomei? The irish ginger? Wasnt you away from him for more then two months? You think he was just sitting idle waiting for your return? He have other friends now. Probably he sees you as a burden right now." Zandra looked at him. Was he talking the thruth? She cant think that he would like her after her absent. What friend is dooing such thing?"I... I guess your right. He just pretending. But Ive met new friends, Ariel and Tearye." She said."Pfft, they just feel pity for you. They are way out of your league." Zandras eyes got wet.

"But... but Ive joined a guild. And there Ive met new friends."the man looked at her with raised eyebrows."A guild you say? Could it possibly be the same one Jomei is in? They probably pretending as well pn request from Jomei." Zamdras cheeks got wet from the tears leaving her eyes. What he have said the last couple of minutes hirted thousands of times more then the swords. Then she got a third blade pierced thru her body."Gaah. Stop it please. I will stop mentioning the real world,  and I will leave my friends to make Aincrad a better place for them. She pushed her up as the man summoned a fourth sword."Forever..." Zandra ended, standing straigth with closed eyes and tears rolling down her cheeks. The man raised his sword ready to remove the last fourth of Zandras hp. But before the strike fell they got interrupted by a sound.

Zandra opened her eyes and looked the direction the sound came from. The man stopped and did the same. It sounded almost like an elephant was crushing thru the jungle. After a few moments they could see the siluete of three humans aproaching. It looked like three mens. When Zandra could see better she saw a familiar person, a ginger with a green cloak and readied rapier, it was Jomei."Zandra! There you are. What is wr..." thats when he saw the three smokey swords that had pierced her chest. He noticed the man. It wasnt hard for him to realise the swords of black smoke came from the man made of böack smoke. His face turned from worried to angry."Have you done this to Zandra? No worries Zandra, we will take care of him." Jomei rushed forth."Lowe, Brice, lets take this guy down. Doing that to a guild member is not okay." Next second his rapier pirced the man, but no red markings appeared. It was like piercing smoke. Then Lowenthal followed up with a powerful slash of his dagger and a second rapierhit from Brice. Neither of those had any effect either."Haha. No human blade can harm me. Back off!" The man summoned a gust that pushed the three mens back. Then he disapeared."Thank you very much for sav..." she got abrupted by a sidden motion. She was gonna be twleported."Zandra no..." was the last thing she herd before beeing warped away.

After a few seconds she appeared, still in the jungle but no sign of her guildmates. Then she realised the man was wrong, her friends did care about her, as well as she cared about them. She wouldnt die just yet. It would only bring sadness to her friends. With both hands she gripped the hilt of one of the swords a pulled it out. He said no human blade could harm him. But this was surely not a human blade."You saw that. They are my friends and I wont let them down. Maybe they couldnt harm you, but they gave me the courage for me to kill you." She rushed towards the man hitted him with the black smoke sword. It cutted him in half horisontally at his chest. The didnt exploded into pixels. He just faded out. At the same time the swords in Zandras body did the same. When the man was gone she navigated back to the town and on the way back she sent a message to her saviors.

Thank you for saving me. Im on my way back to town and feel good. No need to wait for me.

So, when she arrived at the warp plaza the three men wasnt there. So she teleported to floor four and walked to her shop. When inside she enjoyed a cup of hot choclate and thougth about her day that have been full of surprises.