[PP-F1] New Beginnings (Takao) [COMPLETE]

"Hmm..." Brice crosses his arms with a puzzled look on his face. "I think I'm going to saty out here for a little longer. I want to try and earn some more Col or crafting materials." He unsheathes his blade and inspects it to see if anything happened to it from the previous battle. "After that I'll head back to the town and see if I can find any good quests to try out." Brice begins to walk back out into the middle of the field to see if he an find any other weak mobs to fight. After a bit of searching, he finds a wild boar wandering around the field. Brice readies himself to engage it and dashes forward, his blade at the ready.

ID: 31627

BD: 9

MD: 6

Energy 0/1

Brice HP: 1/4

Boar: 1/4 

Brice is able to land a strong hit to the boar's side, but the boar retaliates by charging forward and headbutting him in the chest, making him fall to the ground.

Edited by Brice

Takao nodded as Brice explained his intentions. "Sounds good. I can recommend some quests to you, but most of the more rewarding ones would be a bit difficult for you to take on by yourself. If you want, I could help you out with the harder quests for your level, but I'd probably have to do most of the heavy lifting." he said, shrugging his shoulders slightly as he followed behind Brice. "There's a quest on the second floor called "Long Live the Queen", which involves taking out the field boss. It's a good place to start I think." As Brice engaged another boar, Takao kept himself close by, his hand hovering near the handle of his sword. When the two of them exchanged blows, a quick glance at Brice's health gauge was all the more invitation he needed to step in. Takao pulled his blade free of the scabbard and held it firm in his right hand as he traversed the short distance from where he was standing to the boar's position.

He raised the blade up and brought it crashing down on the monster, no assistance from the system needed, and depleted the last of its health. Because of the difference in their levels, it didn't drop anything despite Brice's contribution to the battle, and the experience he was rewarded for scoring the last hit was minimal.

"Well, that could've gone wrong. I'm glad I stuck around." he said as he offered his hand out to help Brice up. "You alright?"

- -

» ID : [[ 31663 ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (4 + 2(ACC)) ]]

« Takao »
[[ 102/102 HP ]]
[[ 22/23 Energy ]] Normal Attack
 used. (-1 Energy)

« Boar »
[[ 0/4 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (1*1) = -9HP ]]

Brice take Takao's hand and struggles to his feet. He nearly falls but steadies himself and lets out a big sigh of relief. "I... I guess I was a little hasty. Maybe we should head back to the town. I think I've had enough fighting for now." Brice sheathes his sword and fixes his hair. "Well, I'm going to head back to the town. Maybe I'll look at what else this place has to offer or take on a quest or two. What about you? Any big plans?" He begins leasurly walking toward the dirt road that paves the way back to Starting Town.

"No worries man, a lot of people made the same mistake." he said, mentally cringing at the thought. Plenty of low level players had made that mistake, though the vast majority hadn't been given the chance to learn from it. "Just try'n judge your battles well and always be prepared for things to take a turn for the worse. Murphy's Law, y'know?" he said. Just as he was about to sheath his sword, the corner of his eye caught sight of movement. He turned and glanced over to the side just in time to see four full-sized wolves that had appeared as if from nowhere. "Awh boy... here we go." he said, huffing out a breath. Takao moved quickly and placed himself at the center of their aggression before they managed to get closer to Brice, who was still recovering his health. "I'll take care of these ones." he said as he pulled his arm back and poised his sword in such a way that the blade began to glow bright red.

He released control of his avatar to the system, and in the following instant, his body moved with expert precision at speeds he could've never hoped to muster himself. His blade sank into each of the monsters and depleted each of their health gauges with a flurry of attacks. When the dust had settled, all four of the wolves had been disposed of, and reduced to translucent shards of data. "...right then." he said before clearing his throat. He glanced down at the results menu and noticed that the monsters had dropped a few items. "Oh neat. Hey, those guys dropped a few items. Y'want half of 'em?"

- -

» ID : [[ 31668(BD+MD1+LD) | 31678(MD2) | 31679(MD3) | 31680(MD4) ]]
» BD : [[ HIT (6 + 2(ACC)) ]]
» MD 1 : [[ MISS (1 - 3(EVA)) ]]

» MD 2 : [[ MISS (1 - 3(EVA)) ]]
» MD 3 : [[ 
MISS (5 - 3(EVA)) ]]
» MD 4 : [[ 
MISS (3 - 3(EVA)) ]]

» LD : [[ 19 ]]

« Takao »
[[ 102/102 HP ]]
[[ 11/23 Energy ]] 
«Sharp Nail» used. (-12 Energy)

« Dire Wolf »
[[ 0/51 HP ]] [[ 9(DMG) * (3*2) = -54HP ]]
« Dire Wolf 2 »
« Dire Wolf 3 »
« Dire Wolf 4 »

Dropped x4 Materials.
Dropped x4 «Uncommon Item».

Brice nods along to show that he understood what Takao meant about judging one's battles. "I'll definitly be more careful from now on. Huh? What's that?" Bice looks past his fellow player to see what had alarmed him. Upon noticing the wolves, he jumps back and places his hand on the handle of his weapon in case the need for him to fight arose. Thankfully that moment did not arise. Brice looks in awe as Takao let himself give in to the system to preform a Sword Art and defeat the pack of wolves with surprising ease. "Wow! That was incredible!" He says as he walks back toward the brunette who then makes his ofer to share his spoils from the battle. "Wait, really? That's really nice of you to offer that. I guess it would be a bit rude not to accept. Besides, in a situation like this, there's no such thing as too many useful items."

Takao raised his hand to rub the back of his head and chuckled lightly. "That's the benefit of my type of sword. Rapiers are good at focusing one particular enemy, so they deal more damage outright. One handed swords like his are well rounded, so if I've got the energy for it, I can take out hordes of enemies without too much issue, though the drawback is that it lacks overall damage." he said, explaining the differences in their weapons as simply as he could. He closed out of the menu that had appeared in front of him and manually opened his own, then navigated to his inventory. He sent a trade request to Brice, and then added the materials that the monsters had dropped, as well as two of the uncommon items. "You can have the materials too. It depends on who you go to, but you might be able to get a better weapon or some armour with these."

- -
(You can claim the two uncommon items in the Evaluations forum. Just be sure to link to the roll and mention that I traded them to you.)

Traded x4 Materials / x2 Unclaimed Uncommon Items to Brice.

A small window opens up in front of Brice to alert him of the trade request and he accepts. The items are then transfered into his inventory and he goes to check out what they are. "Sweet." He taps on the menu a few times, and his sword retreats back to his inventory, quickly being replaced with the brand new rapier Brice had recieved from Takao. He unsheathes it and examines the new weapon. "This will definitly come in handy later on." He sheathes it and turns to his friend with a big smile. "Thanks so much. This means a lot to me." Brice looks around to be sure that there isn't anything else that would be of any danger to them. "So what do you have planned now. Anything interesting?"

Takao glanced to the new rapier that had replaced Brice's previous and nodded his head in approval. It was right lucky of them to have gotten a drop so relevant to Brice's weapon preference, especially so soon after speaking about upgrading equipment. "It's no problem. You should still look into upgrading though, monster drops aren't usually that good unless they're from a floor boss." he said. He raised his sword and aligned the tip with the mouth of his scabbard, then slid it down into the protective housing that rested on his back. "I already did all my hunting for the day, so I don't really have anything else planned. What about you?"

Brice rests his hands on his hips and looks up in thought. "I know that I'm going to head back to town. While I'm there I might go check out a store or two for some new equipment. After that I think I'll take a look at some basic quests to help me level up." He looks back to Takao. "Other than that, I'm not too sure. Oh!" Brice opens up his menu and taps around for a bit. A friend request notification window pops up in front of Takao. "Maybe we could be friends. If I ever need anything from you or if you ever need something from me. I mean, I would be more comfortable if I know there's someone who'd be willing to help if I need it."

Edited by Brice

Takao's eyes fell down to the menu as it appeared before him. He raised his hand and pressed the confirm option without hesitation, as was the norm for him whenever he found a friend request being sent his way. He glanced up to Brice as the menu shrunk down and disappeared. "Sounds good to me. Can never have enough friends, y'know?" he said, offering up his habitual warm smile. "If you want any help with some of the quests, don't be afraid to shoot a message my way. I won't mind helpin' out!" he said. Most of the lower leveled quests involved fighting bosses of varying strength, which would pose much more of a threat to a lower leveled player on their own than it would to himself.

"Agreed. In a game like this, you can never have enough help." Brice hold out his hand for a handshake while flashing a friendly smile. "I hope we'll se eachother some other time." Brice is clearly exited for the road ahead, but still can't help feeling a little nervous at the same time. He heads back toward the town, still with his hand on his sword in case something were to happen. As he walks, he smiles to himself about the accomplishment he had made. Thank god. Now I have someone who can help me. I was worried I wouldn't find anyone.

Takao reached forward and met Brice's hand for a firm shake, and returned his hand to rest comfortably at his side afterward. "True enough, man." he said, following alongside Brice as they returned to the town, partially to ease his worries and partially because he was headed that way regardless. When they passed through the gates, he waved to his new acquaintance and said his goodbyes before he began to head off in the direction of the first floor's warp gate, with the intention of taking it his shop on the third floor.

- - - -

REWARDS

« Brice »
1 SP
5 Materials
x2 Uncommon Items

« Takao »
1 SP
x2 Uncommon Items

Edited by Takao