[PP-F1] Brothers in Arms (Endilix) - Complete!

Emerath thought it might be time to finally start training properly with his brother, now that they had managed to find each other in this game. It was a death game, and they needed to be able to do whatever they could to survive. He stood on the outskirts of the starter city, looking out over the hills. To this day, various players still ran around killing boars. Whether for sport or actual training, it was hard to tell.

He had sent a message to Endilix earlier in the day simply stating, "Meet me on the first floor, starter city, south gate. You tank, I heal. Maybe we'll even do a duel for good measure to test each other's strength. And of course to see which of us is the better brother." He had meant the last part as a jest, but he was certain Endilix might actually take him up on the offer. He was ready either way. He simply wanted to make sure that Endilix was. If he was going to be a tank like he wanted, he would need to train, something he had been putting off it seemed.

Edited by Emerath

Endilix made his way to the first floor at his brother's request, and although Emerath probably meant well enough, the way he came across with his attentions was a bit abrasive. It wasn't that he minded his brother having the upper hand and being farther along in the game. He figured one of them had to be and why not Emerath? That was usually how these things went. But that didn't mean that Emerath had to rub it in his face. But Endilix still went anyway, because he cared, and he wanted to prove himself to his brother.

He found Emerath exactly where he asked him to be, and walked up to him. The man that is his brother had certainly seemed different in this game. He had grown in ways that he had never seen Emerath grow in real life. A part of him was impressed, and the other was worried. Endilix hoped his brother didn't change too much. He wasn't sure how he would be able to deal with that.

"Brother? You asked me to come?" Endilix asked, as he approached, not sure if Emerath had noticed him coming.

Emerath turned to face his brother, and he gave him a smile, "Ah, yes, perfect!" He gave his brother a quick hug and motioned out to the field. "Come, let us train!" he said, with a wave of his arm. Emerath was happy Endilix had come. It would make fighting easier to not do it alone. Though to be fair he wasn't sure if Endilix was actually capable of tanking yet. He doubted it, but he figured he'd give him the benefit of the doubt. "So what do you want to fight, boars or something else? You told me about the experience you had with the wolf, and I don't think I want to replicate that yet, not even with us being together again."

Endilix looked his brother up and down as he made his way out into the hills and fields. He has grown so much, in such a short amount of time. I've never seen this side of him. The more Endilix thought about it, the more he thought about the fact that it was actually Emerath who was leading the two of them rather than the other way around, like normal. Generally Emerath was the smart one, and Endilix was the one who stood in front and took care of all the leadership stuff. Not that it bothered Endilix. He just wanted to catch up at this point, and at least Emerath was hanging back enough to help him do that. He hoped it was because Emerath actually cared and not just because their lives were on the line, but it was hard to tell with his brother.

After following Emerath a bit through the hills, Endilix finally said, "Actually, I'd like to fight you first."

Emerath hadn't been expecting that, as he turned with a raised eyebrow. "Oh?" was all he managed to ask in reply, before saying, "Alright then. Let's set up the dueling area." He grabbed a nearby rock and began to bend over and draw a circle through the dirt around the brothers. It wasn't the prettiest thing, since he didn't really have a giant compass to do this with, but it wasn't meant to be some official sparring ring anyway. When Emerath put the final touches on the circle, he looked at his brother outside it. "Shall you send the duel request, or shall I?"

As Endilix considered that, Emerath unbuttoned his suit jacket and threw it to the side, as he unbuttoned and rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt.

Endilix shrugged at Emerath's question, as he moved into the makeshift dueling ring. "I'll start it. Since you're a higher level, I think I could use the first hit advantage." Endilix popped up the PVP screen, and put in Emerath as the target for a duel. Settings set to [Half-Loss] as win conditions. He sent the duel request to Emerath for an acceptance of the request and terms as he pulled his war-hammer out of the straps on his hip. He hadn't been expecting Emerath to fight bare handed, but Emerath didn't actually prepare a weapon, so that was all he could assume. He really has changed a bit. This is never something he would've done in real life.

Emerath saw the popup and accepted the duel. He knew it would give a bit of a count down and then they would begin. There were no rules besides one or the other needed to get the other to half health. Emerath expected that due to his level advantage he'd win, but there were no certain things in combat. He supposed Endilix would prove it one way or another. "Alright, brother, I'll give you that. Just don't get upset if you still lose," he said, and he took a combat stance as the duel counter began to count down for combat. "3.... 2.... 1.... GO!"

Edited by Emerath

Emerath vs. Endilix

• ID: 31681
  • BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG
  • Sword Art Activated: Upper Swing 2x1 (-2 EP)
    • Total Damage: (2 Base + 2 Crit) * 2 = 8 DMG

Endilix was honestly getting tired of how smug his brother was acting. He readied his war hammer as he waiting for the duel timer to count down. As soon as it said "GO!" Endilix charged Emerath with a battle cry, which seemed to catch Emerath entirely off guard, despite that he had given Endilix the first attack. Endilix's hammer began to glow as he ran in and swung his hammer in two upward swings that connected with Emerath square in the jaw, sending him backwards and up into the air. He saw Emerath's HP bar drop considerably from the attack, but not quite to half. Endilix threw his hammer in the air with a flourish, before catching it and readying himself again. "You were saying, brother?"

Combat Results:

• Endilix: 12/12
    • EP: 3/3 -> 1/2
  • Emerath: 20/20 -> 12/20
Edited by Endilix

Emerath vs. Endilix

• ID: 31682
  • BD: 1 (Critical Failure) -2 EP

Emerath was sent flying by Endilix's blows, flying clear of the ring and landing hard in the dirt. Emerath groaned as he saw his health bar drop dramatically. Perhaps I shouldn't have pushed him so hard... he thought to himself as he wiped digital blood from his lip and watched it disappear. Emerath wasn't going to let that slide. He got to his feet and though still somewhat reeling, made his own charge at Endilix. But Endilix seemed to be ready for his strikes as Emerath threw wild swings and missed every blow. Emerath grunted and took up his combat stance again. "Is that all you got?!" he taunted, hoping it might throw Endilix off balance.

Combat Results:

• Emerath: 12/20
    • EP: 5/5 -> 3/5
Edited by Emerath

Emerath vs. Endilix

• ID: 31684
  • BD: 5 (Failure) -2 EP

Endilix just wanted to end this now and get his brother off his high horse before he found it in him to win this duel. He didn't like that Emerath was acting this way, and perhaps if he knocked some more sense into him it would bring things back to normal. Levels didn't mean everything, and Endilix was fairly certain he had proved that with his first strike. But it wasn't enough, as Endilix took a swing at Emerath and he simply dodged out of the way. Perhaps Endilix was too eager to end the battle. He cursed himself and readied the next strike.

Combat Results:

• Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 1/3 -> 2/3 -> 0/3
  • Emerath: 12/20
Edited by Endilix

Emerath vs. Endilix

• ID: 31798
  • BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG
  • Sword Art Activated: Aggressive Twins 2x1 (-2 EP)
    • Total Damage: (2 Base + 2 Crit) * 2 = 8 DMG

Emerath hadn't been completely ready for his brother at first, but now he was warmed up. He threw a few air punches for good measure, and then he stood in a combat stance as both his fists began to blow. Endilix hadn't even had time to dodge, as Emerath lunged forward at his brother, and gave a solid one-two punch right to Endilix's chest. Emerath could feel the power of the blows as they connected, and he saw Endilix go flying out of the ring, his health bar dropping considerably. For one frightening moment, Emerath thought he might've overdid it, as Endilix dropped into the red. Thankfully it stopped as the man landed hard on the ground, still alive.

Combat Results:

• Endilix: 12/12 -> 4/12
  • Emerath: 20/20 -> 12/20
    • Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 3/5 -> 4/5 -> 2/5
  • DUEL VICTOR: Emerath
Edited by Emerath

Endilix groaned after taking the heavy hit from Emerath. He felt like he had a couple of broken ribs, but of course that was just the impression of severe pain that the game was placing on him. He would heal in time, and nothing would actually be broken. Endilix coughed and sat up. "I wasn't... expecting that," he said, through another groan as he held his chest where the fading red fist shaped marks were.

After a few moments of catching his breath from the heavy hit, Endilix slowly stood up. He put his hammer back in the straps at his hip and gave another heaving breath as he started to feel the out of combat healing begin to kick in now that the duel was over. He looked to his brother and smiled, "Alright, you win this one you cocky bastard. Just you wait until I level up some though and get some gear."

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 4/12 -> 7/12
  • EP Regen: 0/3 -> 1/3
Edited by Endilix

Emerath couldn't help but laugh at his brother as he walked over. He wasn't laughing in a mean way though. In more of a competitive brotherly teasing sort of way. As Endilix made his way back to his feet, Emerath came over and clapped him on the back. "I'm lucky though, honestly. Were I one level lower, you would've had me beaten. So take solace in that. Besides, you beat me at PVP in every other game. Let me enjoy this one victory, eh?" He gave another chuckle and smiled at Endilix before walking away and picking up his suit jacket. He actually ended up placing it in his inventory. He expected that this wasn't going to be the only combat of the day.

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 12/20 -> 15/20
  • EP Regen: 2/5 -> 3/5
Edited by Emerath

OOC Gathering Attempt:

• ID: 31802
  • LD: 5 (Failure)

Endilix rolled his shoulders as he got feeling back in his chest and arms. "Yeah, I suppose that is one thing that I can give you. I always was the PVPer of the two of us. You never did like how frustrating it could be when other people out-geared you or were just outright better," Endilix said, poking some fun at his brother. "Enjoy your victory while it lasts, I'll catch up," he added as he bent down and stretched a bit to see if he could get some more blood flowing throughout his body. As he knelt down he ran a hand through the grass to see if he could find anything noteworthy for crafting, but unfortunately there was nothing.

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 7/12 -> 10/12
  • EP Regen: 1/3 -> 2/3
Edited by Endilix

OOC Gathering Attempt:

• ID: 31803
  • LD: 2 (Failure)

Emerath sighed, "I don't think there's ever a time when we're not trying to one up one another, or get in the last word." Emerath shook his head as he watched his brother stretch and do a quick search for materials. That's not a bad idea. I could use some myself. I've run low after all the crafting I did. Emerath bent over in the grass and rustled some up, hoping that he might find some hidden seeds or plants covered up by the grass. But it was no dice. Emerath sighed again and stood up as he said to his brother, "Remind me to go talk to an alchemy NPC about some materials or something when we're done. I need to make more potions."

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 15/20 -> 18/20
  • EP Regen: 3/5 -> 4/5
Edited by Emerath

OOC Gathering Attempt:

• ID: 31811
  • LD: 13 (Failure)

Endilix finished his stretches and thought it might be time to go take care of fighting a real enemy, now that both him and his brother seemed to be relatively rested after their duel. "Shall we go find a suitable boar to kill then?" Endilix asked as he started to make his way out into the field, certain his brother would follow. As he walked he continued to scan the ground for any suitable materials, but nothing was making itself noticeable. It's also entirely possible that Endilix just wasn't looking hard enough, but he had other things on his mind.

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 10/12 -> 12/12
  • EP Regen: 2/3 -> 3/3
Edited by Endilix

OOC Gathering Attempt:

• ID: 31919
  • LD: 1 (Failure)

Emerath followed his brother as he continued to scan the ground. He had been especially looking for the potent "Hill Root" that he had used to initially make the best potion he had ever made. Unfortunately, besides almost stepping on it the first time, the root seemed to be rather rare, which would make sense since he was able to make such a potent potion from it. When he wasn't able to find anything, he realized that he wasn't really paying attention to Endilix anymore and almost ran right into the back of him as he stopped to ask if Emerath was ready to kill a boar. Endilix took a step back, and made an attempt to make it look like he didn't almost accidentally run into Endilix, but then punched his palm. "Yep! I feel fully refreshed and ready to take on some big bad piggies!"

Additional Notes:

• OOC Health Regen: 18/20 -> 20/20
  • EP Regen: 4/5 -> 5/5
Edited by Emerath

Emerath and Endilix vs. Boar 1

• ID: 31921
  • BD: 4 (Failure) -2 EP
  • Hate Generated: +1

Endilix rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but chuckle at his brother. "Alright then, I'll lead the charge," Endilix said, as he pointed his hammer at a boar nosing around through a nearby bush, probably looking for berries or other morsels. He nodded at Emerath and then readied his hammer as he ran towards the boar. He had thought that hitting a target that wasn't even aware of your presence might be easy, but it turns out that it wasn't. At the last minute the boar pushed its way through the bush and Endilix's hammer went slamming into the ground behind it. The boar didn't even seem to register that it had been attacked, as it snuffled around on the other side of the bush. "Wha?" was all Endilix managed to stammer.

Combat Results:

• EP: 3/3 -> 1/3
  • Emerath: 20/20
  • Boar: 10/10
    • Hate: Endilix (1), Emerath (0)
Edited by Endilix

• ID: 32016
  • BD: 2 (Critical Failure) -2 EP

Emerath couldn't help but chuckle at his brother's attempt to hit the boar and missing due to what appeared to be sheer happenstance. Emerath pulled Endilix back and then said, "Let me show you how it's done, brother." He smiled and readied his fists for a charge at the boar. He figured since he was fighting an animal, kicks may be more useful, and so Emerath made his way around the bush and began to run at the boar. Unfortunately, he didn't fare much better than his brother, as he tripped on a root and landed face first in the dirt next to the boar. Emerath gave a groan as he looked up. The boar was now staring at him. "Uh, Endilix. I think the boar know's we're here now," he said, as he scrambled backwards and onto his feet again.

Combat Results:

• EP: 5/5 -> 3/5
    • Hate: Endilix (1), Emerath (1)
Edited by Emerath

• ID: 32019
  • BD: 2 (Critical Failure) -2 EP
  • LD: 10 
    • [Even Hate: Boar target - Endilix 1-10/Emerath 11-20]
      • Target: Endilix
  • MD: 3 (Failure)

Endilix sighed as his brother tripped, and grabbed him by the collar as he scrambled backwards to make sure he was on his feet and ready to go again. The boar eyed the brothers with its beady little eyes, seeming to size up the two combatants. Finally, it charged at Endilix with a squeal, and Endilix did a leap to the side as he dodged the charge. He did a roll and was back on his feet again, as he eyed the boar. While it had its back turned, Endilix took the chance to attempt a strike, and he ran at the boar. He brought the hammer down, but wasn't quite fast enough as the boar side-stepped it and the hammer slammed into the ground next to it, sending a dust cloud into the air.

Combat Results:

• Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 1/3 -> 2/3 -> 0/3
    • Hate: Endilix (2), Emerath (1)
Edited by Endilix