[PP-F11] Thoughts astray, Ja ne Lowenthal

Opal stood on the beach in her bikini, the cool rush of the water rolling over her silky ankles. She looked down at the ocean as it brimmed and frothed getting lost in her thoughts. She had said goodbye to everyone else, except for that curious man with the tailor shack on floor eleven. She had a mysterious feeling surrounding her when she met the man named Lowenthal, and she was delighted to hear he was actually the head of The Velvet Room, the same guild belonging to Piera and Jomei. She gave a soft smile, the ocean breeze pushing back the long tendrils of her raven hair as it escaped the confines of her tan shoulders. She lifted a delicate slim hand up to her ear brushing the strewn mess to get a clear shot of the horizon. This would be the last time she would see such a beautiful horizon with the scenery of a beach and ocean in a long time. Eventually she would have to leave, say goodbye and start her training with Master Myoga. 

Opal turned her attention to the sand and stepped back slightly, her feet digging into the coarse orange-red sand as she moved away from the waters, "He'll be here, right? Of course he will...That man, something about him..." she had only met Lowenthal that one time, but the immediate reaction she got from him was a special one. She placed both hands on her neck and locked her fingers together as she looked down at the running water. Her equilibrium crashed and so did her body, butt first into the sand with a plop. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal was walking along the beach. His hop wasn't that far behind him. If one stood where he stood, and looked behind him. They could see it, just down the shore line. The sound of the ocean, and the feeling of sand beneath his boots. It was something he'd miss once they got out of this game. Lowenthal remembered as to why he was walking on the beach at this time. He was to meet someone that he had met not to long ago. Her name was Opal, and she was the first person in his shop since he had relocated. She sent him a message not to long ago, saying that she wanted to see him, and talk for a bit. And Lowenthal wasn't on to deny such an invitation.

As lowenthal walked, he noticed her standing in the water. Lowenthal smiled, and walked closer. He assumed he heard her, but as soon as he got close enough to say hi, she took a step back. And with that step, she had lost her balance. Lowenthal quickly stepped forward, and placed in the middle of her back, holding her up. "Hey." Lowenthal said, helping her to a standing position. "You alright?" Lowenthal asked, making sure that Opal was balanced on her feet, before taking a step back.

"The mechanics in this game...I saw running water and almost fell..." she looked over her shoulder, his hands pressed against her back holding her up. She had thought her butt would hit the sand first, but was saved from that but not the embarrassing scene that happened prior. The girl got up on her feet, the wind whipped around her once more blowing her long raven hair into it, the scent of the ocean carried by the wind whispering it's aroma around their noses. 

"Ahh! Such a beautiful ocean!" she threw her hands up in the air and they clapped against her bare thighs. She turned her feet in the sand to get a full look of the man who just saved her, "Mr. Lowenthal. It has been a short while, hasn't it? I am quite fine now, thank you. Just not gonna look down at the water. You know when you look down and you see it, you get the weird feeling and your equilibrium throws you off...its an odd feeling. It happened to me when I was walking home one evening as well, and I wasn't by any running water. But through the shadows of the leaves on the ground, I got that same feeling and ended up falling over. I promise, I was not drunk..." she laughed, placing a hand on his arm as she snorted a bit, "Oh my...that wasn't supposed to happen." she gave a cute smile to him and placed her hands behind her back, digging her feet into the sand. 

"I don't have a lot of time left before I need to leave for training. I pretty much said goodbye to everyone else on the first floor. But I couldn't leave you without saying 'seeya' before I vanished for the next few months. When I first met you, I had this eerie feeling about something..." she said walking around him, as if stalking him for her lunch or dinner.

"Like...you had some kind of pull on me. It was nothing sexual or anything, it was a lot deeper than that. Like...I dunno...Something just shouted, THIS GUY IS IMPORTANT!!" she said raising her voice out loud and her arms up in the air reaching for the golden sun. She beamed him a smile, "I have crossed fate before and that bitch was none to pleased with my outcome. So I should abide by those natural laws and follow through with them. So, what have you been up to lately? Still sporting the Orange I see." she laughed teasingly, but perhaps not the best idea to bring up the subject, that was pretty dense of her. Her smile quickly faded and retorted to spinning the silky strand of hair in her finger.  

Lowenthal gave a slight nod, as Opal greeted him. But before he could ask how she was doing, she began speaking. Everytime he would open his mouth, he would close it as she began another sentence. He smiled warmly, enjoying the story she was telling. He listened to her laugh, then snort. Lowenthal let out an audible chuckle. "Not happen again? I hope that does, that was absolutely adorable." Lowenthal said, chuckling. He stopped chuckling, as Opal began circling him. As if, sizing him up or stalking her prey. "Well, I do wish you best with your training. It's a shame that we couldn't get to know each other better before you had to go." Lowenthal said, watching Opal circle him. The swimsuit that she wore was, cute to say at the least. Looked like something Lowenthal would make himself if he had the time. He listened as Opal claimed that there was something pulling her to him. Then she shouted to the sky, which surprised Lowenthal. After her voice calmed down, he stared at her smiling. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, still got the orange cursor. I'm still thinking about doing that quest to get rid of it. It's just that, I mean." He said, collecting himself. "I still killed him. And I'm not sure that killing a monster will erase that memory. I mean, I'll be a green player sure. But I'll still remember that I actually murdered a man. I'd feel like a wolf in sheep's clothing, just masquerading myself as a normal player." Lowenthal said. "And as for how I've been. Well, it's been up and down. I mean, I hung out with Velvet Room for a day or two, so that was fun. But then I had to go back to preparing for the boss fight. And my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend has stopped talking to me altogether, and has left me in the dust. And now I'm stuck on this MARVELOUS BEACH! ALL BY MYSELF!. Spending, every moment asking myself questions" Lowenthal said, yelling into the sea. He let out a big sigh. "Damn, I feel better. Sorry," He apologised. "Kinda, ranted for a bit."

She propped herself next to him and laced her fingers with his, "I am sorry to hear about that. I think everyone I have said goodbye to has some residual feelings for others they wish to convey to others, but unable to do so for personal reasons. Well, some have poured their hearts out more than others..." she looked down the line of the horizon at the ocean, wondering how far it would extend to. She thought about what he said about his orange cursor and nodded. 

"That is one hell of a cross to bear on your back, Lowe. And I think I said something similar to you at the shop at one time. The things you have done in the past, won't just simply wash away your sins. Even if you washed away and begged for forgiveness, you are still left with the dirt and the sin. It just taints you body and soul. When I first arrived at SAO, my body went into survival mode as well. I slept...with a lot of guys in my day, and even more so now just so I could 'survive' a little. I even used sex and an excuse to hide away some pain and to fill that empty void. And I still flounce about like a bimbo sometimes. I can't do anything about my past..." she said looking up at him, he was staring off into the ocean. 

"But...we can't let our past decide who we are right now and how we want to be for ourselves. I don't know what you guys do in your guild...but I am sure both Jomei and Piera look up to you as a leader, and as a friend and..." she stepped forward a bit swinging her hand with his, "I'm a friend too~. And I look up to you as well, I don't know why...maybe because there is something in the water...or maybe its just this weird sense that you are gonna somehow shape my future...But in either case, we are bound to do something special in this world. The first step is accepting what you have done, the next step is forgiving yourself..."

Opal had many things she wanted to say, but that was enough for now. It was his decision in the end and she had to think long and hard of her own personal mistakes. Things just don't simply wash away at the drop of a hat. She released his hand and marched towards the ocean once more. She stood still for a moment, placed her hands up to her mouth and yelled as loud as she could at the roaring ocean until she was hoarse. 

Lowenthal was, surprised at Opal lacing her fingers with his. He blushed, but didn't do anything about it. He thought that She and Mack were an item. Weren't they? The way Mack acted in his shop, he sure acted like they were. But then again, Mack's attitude of late also displeased Lowenthal greatly. He listened to what Opal said. She explained her past, and a bit of her present. It sounded like she didn't know what she wanted for the future. Sounded a lot like himself. Lowenthal chuckled. "I didn't mean anything. Just, you remind me of an old friend." Lowenthal said, still holding Opal's hand. She continued, and Lowenthal listened. "You know what. You're right. We, we can't" Lowenthal said, agreeing with her philosophy. "I mean, I did what I did to protect someone. So, that's something. And," Lowenthal paused, then laughed slightly. "Why are you yelling at the ocean? What did it do to you?" he asked, laughing.

She let go of her hands as they swung down to her tan thighs once more and she locked them behind her back, she turned around and smiled at Lowenthal, "I wasn't yelling at the ocean. I was yelling at my future self, giving her a reminder of who she is today...Besides, sometimes its good to get those things off your chest, ya know? When was the last time you shouted at the top of your lungs at nothing for no reason? Just to shout, to get it all out in the open. To yell! To scream!! It might sound childish, but it helps relieve a good deal of stress, and you can do it as long as you want. You try?" 

Opal took a few steps back and went behind her new friend and placed her hands on his back and moved him forward towards the ocean, "Scream! Yell!! Just go for it! Let all that inner rage, all that stress...just give it to the ocean! Yell at your future self!!! Go on!!!" she egged him on, continuing to pushing on his back and then stopped. She smiled behind him and waited for him to yell at the top of his lungs. 

Lowenthal hesitated as Opal suggested that he start shouting, for the sole purpose of relieving stress. "Well, i don't know if I can. I mean." He said, as Opal pushed him on further. Why was he so, nervous about it? It wasn't like they were in front of a crowd or anything. Lowenthal gave a sigh, and looked out at the ocean. And he yelled out to the ocean. And he was amazed at how right Opal was. It, was actually helping. Lowenthal laughed, and then yelled again. He yelled until his throat was sore. Lowenthal flopped backwards, and lied down in the sand, still laughing. "God, that really helped." Lowenthal said, finally calmed down. 

Opal placed a hand over her heart and hopped in place in the sand as she heard the loud yell roaring over at the ocean from Lowenthal's mouth. She clapped a few times and watched as she fell backwards into the sand and noted that it helped. She nodded and sat down beside him looking out the massive ocean before them.

"See? I know these things. It wouldn't be the first time I yelled at the ocean though. Done it a few times, more or less though I was yelling at myself. Trying to give me a wake up call with my life. Though I made the same mistakes over and over, I always try to do just a little bit better than what I did before. I can't keep my anger bottled up inside, it just rips me apart when that happens. So I find a place to scream, yell, kick, whatever. And I just let it all come out..." She smiled down at him and fell backwards, her head hitting the sand. She raised her arms up to block out the sun, "This has got to be the best place ever. It's so quiet, has an ocean, a beach...You~" she said turning to one side, her elbow curving as she propped her head on the palm of her hand.  She just stared at him for a little while, examining his facial features and just taking in his being in her mind. Lowenthal was a different sort of person that she had expected, there was a mixture of darkness and light in him...a good balance, he just had to discover that for himself. 

"Hey Lowenthal...Do you think...when I come back from my training, there would be a place for me in your guild? I don't think I can return to the Blades after I sort out my internal demons. Joining them was an escape from who I am, and turned out to be someone I can not be. Lindow was a great man, but his path and my path are two separate ones...." She adverted her gaze from Lowenthal and brought her body up starring at the ocean, her long raven hair unfurled from her slender shoulders showing off her womanly figure as she attempted to maintain the wild locks running free in the wind. 

Lowenthal closed his eyes, and let the sun beam down on him. Turned out in SAO, you couldn't get sunburned. Which was good news for him, and Jomei. Lowenthal gave out a slight chuckle. Lowenthal reached up and placed both hands behind his head, to act as a pillow as he relaxed. Lowenthal opened one eye, at the mention of his name. Lowenthal blushed slightly when Opal included him in her list of 'great beach things'. Opal went quiet for a moment, and Lowe was about to ask her something when she asked her question first. Lowenthal closed his eyes again and smiled. "You'll always be welcome in Velvet Room." Lowenthal said, before sitting upright. "Um, you still have that necklace thing that Mack gave you?" Lowenthal asked, opening his inventory. "I want you to have this. So that when you're gone. You can think of someone a little bit more." Lowenthal paused, and thought for a second. "More handsome?" He said, chuckling.

When her hair billowed out, the silver clasp of necklace and the yellow diamond attached to it was lost within ample bosom. She had thought little of it since Mack had given it to her, and he has continuously acted strange around the woman when others were near by. She was happy though that Lowenthal said she would have a place in the Velvet Room when she made her return, she only hoped she would still be the same woman wanting that assurance by the time the training was over. She looked to Lowenthal with a puzzled look and nodded her head. Her slim fingers were brought down over the metal chain link necklace as she fished out the yellow diamond that glistened in the sun. 

She brought it up so he could see, "I do...although it just gets lots in my...goods time from time. Its still very pretty though so I wear it often. Don't this Master Myoga cares for pretty things of this nature. Why do you--"

She was stunned a bit as Lowenthal was scouring his inventory for a certain item. She loved presents and gifts, who didn't? She giggled with a hand over her mouth as he stated he wanted her to remember someone more handsome. She drew in a big smile, "Well, you certainly have a one up on Mack. I don't know what his deal is with me...I think it might be might fault. I flirt...with soooo many guys, that he might've fallen into my web as well. Before I leave for my trip, I'll need to set him straight on that...Thank you Lowenthal...I honestly don't know what to say." she was trying to peer at what he was holding in his hand, or if he had even materialized it from his inventory yet, she was curious as to this gift.  

Lowenthal had to dig deep into his inventory. Past potions and his armor alike. "Aha, here we are." Lowenthal said, a blue item materializing into the palm of his hand. "Almost the exact same. Instead of yellow, it's a bit more. Peridot." Lowenthal said, holding out his own Amulet of Hoya. "I mean, I only did the quest for the SP. And I was just given the drop." Lowenthal said, leaving his Ex-boyfriend from his story. "Well, consider it selfish. But I'd prefer it if that, everytime you looked at this. You'd think of me, instead of. You know who." Lowenthal said, rolling his eyes. "Besides, not like I'm earning brownie points or anything. I already have you ensared in my tendrils." Lowenthal laughed, as he joked on his last sentence.

Opal examined the piece of jewelry before her eyes as it swung side to side like a pendulum in his hand. She twisted her body around and pulled her hair out from over her shoulder holding it up in place. She scrolled through her menu and selected the equipped vanity item that was on her and unequipped the item. She looked over her shoulder to Lowenthal, "Would you be a doll and put it on me?" she asked holding up her hair and allowing him to place it around her neck. 

She giggled as he talked about remembering him instead of Mack for his necklace. Once that deed was done, she sifted back in the sand and turned around to face him, showing off the new necklace to him, "What do you think? Pretty? Its really lovely, I'm a sucker for shiny jewelry. I can be a bit materialistic at times, but the thought that comes with it is just super sweet." she moved onto her knees and swung her arms around him giving him a tight hug. 

"I'll be sure to wear this and think of you....And yes! You have me quite ensnared in your tendrils. Oooh!!! I suppose..." she broke free of her hug from him and opened her inventory up, "Its nothing as beautiful as a necklace, and I know you probably already have tons of healing items thanks to Piera and her alchemy, but a few more wouldn't hurt, I don't want you or the others to die in that boss battle while I am away. So you be sure to take these items." 

- 1 Liquid Aegis Potion [Safeguard]
- 1 +15 HP Recovery [Crystal]
- 2 +20 HP Recovery [Potion]

"I wish I had the ability to crystallize the potions, but my skill isn't up there yet. So make sure you are in no danger when downing those potions." The woman smiled and flicked her finger towards the trade screen sending him some of her items. 

Lowenthal smiled warmly as he placed the amulet around Opal's neck. "There we are. With a name like 'Opal' you deserve a little bit of shiny." Lowenthal said, smiling. Lowenthal blushed slightly. "Well, it looks better on you then it did me." He said chuckling. As Opal hugged him, he froze. Not exactly knowing what to do. Lowenthal gave Opal a gentle hug. "Well, I'm a giver anyway. Best guy to know around the Christmas times." Lowenthal said, finally being released from Opal's hug. Lowenthal raised an eyebrow, when Opal offered up some of her healing potions. Lowenthal happily accepted them. "To be truthful, Piera is much to busy running her shop, and I know she's backed up with orders for the boss fight. Which is why I haven't gone to visit recently. Also, because it's in a safe zone, so I can't really go inside either." Lowenthal said, placing the potions on his ready for use bar. "And I'm more than certain that you'll be there someday. Hell, you might even surpass Mari someday." Lowenthal said, returning to his lying down position. 

-1 Amulet of Hoya

+1 Liquid Aegis Potion [Safeguard]
+ 1 +15 HP Recovery [Crystal]
+ 2 +20 HP Recovery [Potion]

Edited by Lowenthal

+1 Amulet of Hoya [Peridot] 

Opal nodded and listened to the member of the Velvet Room as he joked, or at least she hoped it was a joke, that the jewelry in question looked better on her than it did him. She gave a slight frowny face and poked his nose, "I'm a pretty big giver to...but that's a different story and a completely different situation." she laughed. He fell back down towards the sandy beach as he seemed to be lost in the gentle blue sky above. Opal hugged her knees to her chest and watched the waves crash onto the shore, they were far away enough to see the water but not to actually be felt up by the water's touch. She looked down at him as he talked about Piera being busy filling in orders for the upcoming boss battle, "I heard Mack grunting around about that too. He might have came to me if my rank was a bit higher, but he made a good choice picking her for the job." she said looking back at the ocean, but there was name he mentioned that she didn't recognize. 

"Mari?" she asked swinging a lock of ebony from her face around her ear. The wind was picking up and her hair was going all in one direction, "Ugh...this hair.." she said taming it into her hand and holding it down towards her chest. 

Edited by Opal

Lowenthal felt the wind stir up, could just be a gust. Or a small storm closing in. Lowe kept his eyes to the sky, watching to see if it greyed any. "A big giver, in a different sense?" Lowenthal repeated aloud, but blushed as he realised what she meant. He sat up, only to be batted and tickled by strands of Opal's hair. It didn't bother him too much, but it did tickle. Which caused him to turn around, and face Opal directly. "Well, I think he should've tried going to you first. I mean, guildmates and all." Lowenthal said. "It sounds a lot like, he just left you out to dry. You know? And I'm sure that he didn't mean anything by it." Lowenthal said, as the wind picked up. "Mari? Well, she's. Peculiar, and a good friend. She's a player killer, like me. And currently the number one alchemist in SAO. But, she's been quiet recently." Lowenthal said, looking back to the sky. "Clouds are coming in and the wind is picking up slightly. Seems like rain to me." Lowenthal said, standing. "So, shall we make a break for it before it starts?" Lowenthal asked Opal. "Also, less wind to blow through that beautiful hair of yours, if that's something that you'd like." Lowenthal said, smiling and holding a hand down to her.

"Oooh, another Orange, huh? I'm sure she had her reasons much like you did. Sounds like an interesting gal, I'll have to meet her sometime when she isn't so quiet. Hhaha.." Opal looked up and took his hand as he offered it to her, "I swear everyone in The Velvet Room is either a gentlemen or very Lady Like. You and Jomei filling both those roles and Piera filling in the later." She got up and started to dust her bare butt from the red and orange sand that collected on her posterior. She slip her hands down her thighs to get the remaining grains off and dusted her hands, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. When the wind picks up like this IRL...people yell INCOMING!! VIVIAN'S HAIR IS LOOSE!" she said in a mock yell, she wasn't actually yelling those words out and she closed her mouth instantly looking at Lowenthal.

"Oh [censored]...Well, I guess that cat is out of the bag. Vivian is my first name." She said smiling, "And yes, let's get out of here before Mr.GreySky looms any closer. Do you have a place for us?  I guess we could head back to your shop to take shelter." She leaned over and took Lowenthal by the hand, her fingers locking in with his. 

"Let's go my future Guild Leader!" 

Lowenthal smiled at Opal, as she took his hand. "Well, I'm glad that the Velvet Room is living up to expectations." He said, glad to hear that both Jomei, and Piera were being polite outside of official guild business. Not as though Lowenthal thought that they'd act any different, it was just a nice thing to hear from someone else. Lowenthal perked up, when Opal seemed to let her real name slip. "Well then, 'Vivian'." Lowenthal said, grinning. "I'll be sure to keep that a secret. But, it's a nice name. I like it." Lowenthal complimented. He blushed slightly as Opal leaned in and took his hand, suggesting that they go back to his place. His mind couldn't buy wander slightly, but he shook his head. "Uhm, uh. Yeah." He said, flustered at his own thoughts. "Yeah. My shop is down the beach this way." Lowenthal smiled absentmindedly as he lead Opal to his shop.

As they both approached Lowenthal's shack, that served as his home, rain began to fall. Lowenthal quickly opened the door, and led Opal inside, before the rain could get worse. "And here we are again." Lowenthal said, closing the door behind him. "Actual living quarters are in the back. Feel free." Lowenthal said, as he picked up a few articles of swimwear that had fallen off their placeholder. In the back was a bed just big enough for two, and a hammock. Leftover bedding from the sleepover he and Velvet Room had.

"Oh! Don't you hold that over my head or anything, Lowenthal! Revealing my name was an accident, I don't wanna hear that name bellowed out in the streets or something the next time I see you." she said smiling and bumping his hip with her own. 

"And thank you, I think its a pretty name too. Its not too common and not too rare and its wickedly awesome to say when you are drunk. Although, I should warn you...if you do say my name, please call it by the full name. For some reason the name 'Viv' doesn't settle right with me and I end up getting pissed off about it. BUT other than that..." she scrunched her face with a smile and walked with Lowe, a little quicker because of the upcoming rain. They had made it just in time and he had opened the door quickly for them to get inside. The woman shook her body slightly and straightened her hair over one shoulder and brought it down over her making sure it wasn't wet or anything of that nature. She looked around and she was told to make herself comfortable. 

She nodded and watched as he tidied up a bit and went into the back where she was allowed to go, "I always wondered what was in the 'back of the store' ya know? When you go to malls and stuff and they always have those 'Staff Only' rooms...this...is not what I was expecting. I don't think employees actually sleep in the stores. But I get it for your special reason. BUT...it actually quite nice...." 

Not thinking of anything about it, Opal took a seat on the bed and looked around the small room. It was pretty spacious, could use a woman's touch here and there but that didn't matter much. Everyone had their own style and he was a tailor after all, he could make anything with a needle and thread and a little in game magic. 

"I won't abuse my welcome, Lowenthal! I'll just wait out the rain until it stops...I still have plenty of time to chat and stuff. Come sit by me," she said patting the spot on the bed as she scooted over. 

"You have any crazy future ideas or plans for The Velvet Room?" she asked stemming up a light and easy conversation. 

After finishing up tidying up the front area, Lowenthal stuck his head into the back room. "Well, it's not like I can exactly afford a room at the inn every night." Lowenthal shrugged, as he walked into his room fully. Opal was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking quite amazed at the quaint little room he called home. Lowenthal smiled, and waved his hands. "No no, feel free to abuse. I don't get enough company anyways, so it's a nice change to have someone else here." Lowenthal said. Lowenthal accepted her invitation to sit next to her on his bed, and sat next to her, their legs touching. "Plans? For Velvet Room? Huh, now that's a question." Lowenthal said, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "Well, October is rolling around, and I was thinking of hosting a Halloween party. But that's the future. I just want Velvet Room to be a place where players can get together and not be forced into the whole 'work for the guild' routine. I mean, not everyone's a soldier." Lowenthal said, moving to lie down. His legs hanging off the bed.