[PP-F11] Thoughts astray, Ja ne Lowenthal

"Halloween Party!? Oh man...that sounds awesome. Maybe if I am super sweet to Master Myoga he'll let me come to visit or something..." She didn't say anything about it, but her birthday was actually on the same day as that festive holiday, her favorite day of the year. Both candy and gifts. She watched as Lowenthal laid down on his bed, she followed suit falling down onto his bed pushing her long raven locks of hair over the other shoulder. She leaned on the palm of her hand as she looked towards him, "Soldiers, right. That's pretty much the Blades, though I honestly cant say what sort of work has been done over there. My activity with them has been pretty non existent because...yeah...I don't actually do anything. Haha. So I can't say what sort of style they fall into. Mack hasn't given me orders to do anything either so..." 

Opal flipped on her back and looked up to his ceiling, "That party though sounds like a cool idea. I'm glad you keep the Velvet Room pretty open to new possibilities like that. I suppose being whimsical is all about going with the flow with you guys. Something I can relate to...I just hope...when I come back from training, I am not some sort of mechanical lifeless assassin chick. Although! That would be pretty bad ass, don't you think? No one would see it coming...Muwahahaha!" she jumped up on the bed and started to tickle Lowenthal in his rib area, she honestly had no idea if you could tickle someone in a game, but her maniacal laughter and her expressing her whims wasn't stopping her in the least.   

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowenthal smiled as Opal was keen to the idea of a Halloween party. "Yeah, Halloween is my favorite holiday. Although September is my favorite month." He said, now whispering as if to tell a secret. "That's when all the cool halloween stuff goes on sale." He said with a wink. Lowenthal closed his eyes, and relaxed for a few moments on his bed. He listened to Opal talk about being brainwashed by her master. "I'd actually dislike that. I think your personality is great, and it's be a shame to ruin such a magnificent thing and turn it into a mass murdering sneaky machine." Lowenthal said, as he felt a sudden weight on him. Through Opal's laughing, he could feel her touching his ribs tickling him. Or at least trying to. Lowenthal opened his eyes slowly. "And, what exactly do you think you're doing?" He grinned at Opal, now on top of him. "I'm not ticklish there." Lowenthal said, sighing. "But, are you?" He cried out laughing, and he reached up and tickled Opal on her waist.

"Nuuu!!!" her arms flailed rapidly at him, pushing his face back with one hand and trying to get out of arm's reach. She fell off the bed giggle snorting half the time and her face going red from laughing so much. 

"Ahh poo...so that backfired on me. Usually people are ticklish there, I guess not everyone." she gave a small pout. She stood up and fixed the strappy lose garment that hugged her sizeable chest and readjusted it to secure her puppies back in place. 

"No nip slips, happened a few times when I was drunk and revealed way too much to wrong people..." she said commenting and then flicking her hair over one shoulder once more. 

"Anyways...I don't plan on changing 'me' personally, and I doubt Master Myoga has plans to set me up and brainwash me as some sort of Ninja Assassin. If I come back with a metal arm or something though and I don't remember who I am, that would be an awesome time to panic." she pointed out and sitting back down on his bed. She leaned back on both her hands and flicked her head back, the long tendrils of her raven hair unfurled off her shoulder. 

She looked back to Lowenthal and gave him a bit of a look, "Mind if I ask you a personal question? Have you ever met someone named Carmine? I stayed up late the other night with Jomei and he mentioned that woman. I was just curious what kind of person she was...In fact, don't answer. It's probably none of my business between what happened between those two and I shouldn't pry. Sounds like the rain is letting up a little...." she said trying to switch the subject.  

Lowenthal laughed as Opal flailed against his attack. He sat up, making sure that she was okay when she fell onto the floor. He giggles made Lowe smile, and let out a sigh of relief. Lowenthal chuckled. "I am ticklish, just in a certain spot." Lowenthal said, admitting that he was ticklish. Lowenthal choked a bit. "Well, I'm glad we didn't have a wardrobe malfunction." He said, giving out a fake chuckle and rubbing the back of his head. Lowenthal then let out a snort at the thought of a robot armed Opal. "That's, a good mental image to have." Lowenthal said, chuckling still. His chuckling stopped when Opal mentioned Carmine. Lowenthal sighed. "I didn't really get a chance to know her all to well, before she took her leave. So, if anyone knows her it'll be Jomei." Lowenthal said, knowing that the two had a crush on each other. "Yeah, sounds like it. Damn, just as we were getting to know each other so well." Lowenthal said, shrugging his shoulders playfully.

Opal nodded, "I figured as much, I was just looking into a little information I guess. But that's not important. And yes, the rain is letting up, but I still have some time to kill to before I need to leave. I'm honestly in no rush to make that hike up the mountain. We can deff talk about something else though, such as...what made you want to become a tailor in the first place?" She brought her knees up to her chest while she sat on his bed, she honestly didn't want to even thinking about going up that mountain right now, for she knew once she arrived all this beauty would disappear for awhile. Having a good conversation with a friend would be much more fun than doing any of that...But she knew it was only a matter of time before she had to leave, might as well soak up as much conversation as she could with people her own age before having to talk with a mysterious old man. 

Lowenthal smiled softly at Opal as she returned to his bed. "What made me want to be a tailor." Lowenthal said, flopping backwards onto his bed. "Well, funny story. I actually wanted to fill this world with skin. And just have a bunch of swimsuits out, so that people could remember that this world isn't the 'end times' and relax for a bit. Have some fun, y'know?" He said, stretching his arms. "And it has been fun. For me at least. I mean, my birthday last month, meeting a lot of cool people, murdering helpless mobs. The fun stuff. And I don't know what I'll do when this is all done. Probably go back to working for my dad in the mall or something." He said, waving his hand in the air. "As strange as it sounds. I'm gonna miss this place after we beat the game. I'm gonna miss this beach, Piera and Jomei, you." Lowenthal said, turning his head. "I'm gonna miss you while you're gone as too. This beach gets lonely quickly, and Jomei and Piera don't visit as often as they should. I mean, this is twice this week. If anything, I'd say you're smitten with me." Lowenthal teased, laughing.

Opal gasped, she liked malls! "Hey! That's really neat, working at a mall and stuff. I love, love to shop there. Minus the crowds at time, you never know who that Mr. Somebody is brushing against you and they cop a feel of your butt as they pass by or something. Kinda gross..." she said raising an eyebrow and widening her eyes a bit before they were relaxed once again. She listened to him convey his dissonance about beating the game, "Aww, you are so adorable! I'll miss you bunches too, but, it doesn't mean when this is all over we can't meet up...hahaha, especially if your working at a mall..." The raven haired woman continued to hug her knees while she looked back down at Lowenthal, she rocked slowly back and forth and nodded her head, "Well, I have to do this training. There is no choice in the manner. I need to stop being a little brat and start taking on some responsibility for myself..." she began with twisting a long lock of her ebony hair in one of her little fingers, "But I think it's gonna be fun too. I mean...the Great OutDoors, right? I mean...who doesn't love nature?" She pointed to herself and mouthed 'I don't,' and then laughed a little.

"Really though, it's gonna be a nice life lesson. And really above all else, I just need to get away for a little while, get my head right and clear. But yeah...that's just me. Of course I am gonna miss you as well, and all my friends I am leaving behind. But I can't be of any use to people when they wanna go out and hunt mobs or something and I am stuck whacking the grass with my sword over and over. Responsibility is a cruel Mistress..." she ended. 

"I am sure I'll be able to have a few days off, so I'll come visit when I can. OR! Ya know..." she shifted her eyes, "you can come visit me? Maybe if Master Myoga doesn't mind and all. I think that would be fun!"    

Lowenthal groaned. "Working in a mall is so lame. I get to see all these cool people walk by, and all I'm allowed to do is sell lemon flavored drinks." He said, his occupation was working in a lemonade stand. "And you can imagine the looks one gets when your place of business is a giant lemon." Lowenthal said, chuckling. "And, don't get me started on the hat." He said laughing at himself. "God, I do not miss that thing." He said chuckling, reminiscing. Lowenthal sighed. "Yeah, nothing better to clear the head then thin mountain air and gratuitous exercise." Lowenthal joked, but he started to turn a bit more serious. "Y'know, I was thinking about going up there one day. Show them what a real ninja looks like." He said, half joking. "And if you're there, then it's even more motivation for me to visit." Lowenthal said. "I'd be willing to climb a mountian several times the size of that one, if only to see you." Lowenthal said, with a cheesy wink.

"Lowenthal! If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting with me..." she said poking his side as she lifted her hand off her huddled knees, "A real ninja, huh? I guess you have never met Master Myoga...The first time I met him was in the rain when I was coming out of a cave...Why was I in that cave? Exploring for some hidden treasure of course! I like pretty things...it's one of my things. But as I was coming out of the cave, I was looking for some materials, ya know? And then this old man decked out in some oriental wardrobe addresses me...the next few minutes I find myself flat on my back looking up at this guy. He tells me he sees potential in someone like me and then tells me he'll offer training. I've been talking with him on and off for a week now through messages. Lowenthal, I will [censored] you not. This guy was fast...I mean...ungodly fast for a old man. He just appeared out of no where and drops me to the ground like I was nothing. The moment I blink and he was gone after that...It was really something else and it made me curious like...I was asking myself all these questions. What if I could do that? What if I can be like that old guy...ya know?" 

She leaned back in the bed with him, her hands on her slim belly as she looked up at the ceiling, "If I could have power like that...maybe I wouldn't be so worthless, maybe I could show people who I really am...maybe people will take me seriously..." of course the majority of that was in her head, she would never say anything like that out loud. She would be too afraid what people might think, pity was the last thing she needed from people or sympathy for that matter.

"Your job sounds a lot more exciting than mine. I'm actually a chem student at a University...that is so stressful, I don't even know why I decided to major in chemistry. I would much rather be a Go Go Dancer or something. Hahaha." 

Lowenthal sat up when Opal poked him. "Well, can you blame me for flirting?" Lowenthal asked, defending himself. "I mean, here I am on my little section of beach. And the only company I get is Jomei and Piera. And Piera is taken, and Jomei is. Well, not my cup of tea to even try." Lowenthal said. "I don't I could do with beards, maybe if he shaved. No, he would look weird." Lowenthal said laughing. He gave another laugh as Opal told a tale about her getting thrown to the ground by an old man. "Seriously? Sounds like he's got that martial art skill. But, someone in the game that old, moving that fast?" Lowenthal thought for a moment. "Well then, it's decided. I'm gonna see this Master of your as well." Lowenthal said, flopping back onto his bed, lying down next to Opal. "I mean, if he's as fast as you say he is. Who knows, maybe i could learn a thing or two from him." Lowenthal said, explaining his reasoning. His main concern was how someone that old in this game could move in nearly a blink of the eye. Grand Mastering Sneak and Hide couldn't even make a person disappear in front of someone's face. "Hey, chemistry's a good subject. Hell, you'll make a better alchemist cause of it." Lowenthal said, trying to boost Opal's spirits. "Now, back to me 'flirting'." Lowenthal said sarcastically.

"Jomei is such a sweetheart though. I don't know if you two would make a good couple though. Hahaha, I think he's only interested in Carmine though. I was pretty...ummm...bold with my movements towards him the other night and that didn't exactly work out. But he was a total sweetie about it, and I flirt way too much even for my own good. I see a cute guy or something, and I start drooling. And I am like...almost never satisfied either. Like I am always searching for more...? Maybe I have some really bad daddy issues or something. Hahaha.." Opal turned over towards Lowenthal, placing her head on her palm once more like she did before the failed tickle attempt. 

"Master Myoga is a man of many talents I guess, but you are right. He is old...He's told me about some problems he's been having health wise. His brain is healthy, but his body is not as it used to be. There is a lot more he mentioned but its somewhat private, but yes, if there is a time, I shall invite you up to the mountains. Hopefully he won't be too upright about it." 

Opal smiled when he complimented her on her profession, "Yeah, it has its perks. Once I graduate...well, I guess that depends on how long we'll be stuck in the game, I could have been making tons of money. That's a lot of shoes and clothing for a girl in her early twenties. Ya know, you are more than welcome to flirt. Just keep in mind, I don't want you to be so attached to me that you'll be following me everywhere because ya know...My hips, they attract all kinds of men, and it doesn't help that my boobs are...well, out there most of the time? So many stalkers. Just don't fall in love with me...I can't handle that right now...Already someone has declared their love for me and I don't know how to work with that. Normally when that happens IRL, I tend to laugh in the guy's face...but this other one, he's special I guess. But I think he fell too fast for me. Hopefully some time away will give him time to  realize if he still loves me or not."

Lowenthal nodded. "I think he's a bit, too sweet. I also think it's horrible that both he and Carmine have such a crush on each other. It's just a matter on who cracks first." Lowenthal said, rubbing the back  of his head. He raised an eyebrow to Opal. "You flirted with Jomei? That is hilarious." Lowenthal said, chuckling quietly to himself. "Wish I was there to see that." Lowenthal said, still laughing. Lowenthal's eyes grew wide and he sat up, waving his hands back and forth. "Love? Wait, what? No,no, no. Jeez." He said, flustered. "I mean, you're a great woman and all. But I need at least a few dates below my belt before I commit to something so much as love again." Lowenthal said, now standing off of his bed. "Oh you meant, and you said. Ah, 'again'. I slipped up this time, ha ha." Lowenthal said, realizing his blunder. "So, you should probably see Mister Myoga soon. If only to get me to see him sooner." Lowenthal said, returning to his usual demeanor. The whole conversation on 'love' left a taste in his mouth that he wasn't ready for, much like orange juice and toothpaste.

"Ahh..." Opal said about the comment about Jomei and Carmine, she would never admit it, but she kinda maybe had a crush on the guy too? After spending that evening with him, it was hard to keep the Irishman out of her head. He was a perfect gentlemen and Opal was...Opal. She smiled back at Lowenthal about the mention of flirting with Jomei, "Mmyup! Failed and crashed that plain hardcore...But that's ok. I know he has other things on his mind, other people..." Opal gave Lowenthal a blank and stare before her eyes widened shaking her hands at him and mouthing 'No' repeatedly. They shared a good laugh as soon as that misunderstanding was cleared up. She laughed lightly holding a hand up to her mouth which she normally did when she thought she was going to do one of her giggle snorts, those were so embarrassing and so unattractive. 

"Mmm, yeah, I'll be heading off to the mountains as soon as I finish up here. But like I said, I am in no rush. We can spend as much time as you want, well, more or less as much as you want. I do need to hit the road sooner or later. Preferable before nightfall, I don't know if I'll come across any mobs while hiking up the mountain, better safe than sorry though. But don't let that worry you, I got that kick ass jacket you made for me and I have a fancy new poking stick as well. So I should be relatively ok.." 

"The key term being, relativity. In that sentence." Lowenthal running his hand through his hair. Lowenthal contemplated asking Opal out to Zel's dance that was planned in the following week. But Lowenthal held his tongue. Opal would probably still be out training. "So, is there anything else you'd like to say to me? Because, the floor boss fight is coming up. And I'm one of the leading forces behind it." Lowenthal said, before taking in a deep breath. "And I might not come back." He said grimly. But it was true. He might die in that battle, the same as everyone else who was going. Zelrius, Mack, Tristian. Everyone could die, or just a few. "But, I do plan on coming back. Gonna meet all of Velvet Room for drinks, and I gotta see who goes under the table first. You or Piera." Lowenthal said, laughing,

Opal pinched her brows together and slapped his arm, "Why? Why does everyone do that?" she asked him, "They talk as if its gonna be there last days on earth or something. That's fine. I get it. It's gonna be a tough battle. I have a lot of friends that will probably be in that battle and I just hope everyone comes out of OK. I would be naive to think that, but that naivety will also give me hope. Everyone...just talks like its the end of days now. 'Oh, well...I might die in the battle.' Hmph!" the woman made a mocking tone, "I just don't get how people can be so negative.If I was the one going in there, ya know what I would say? What I would think? Floor Boss? No problem! Bring that bad ass to me, I'll cut it down to size. And I wouldn't be filling my head with thoughts of death not when so many people were counting on me to live and fight another day! I just don't get...how you or anyone can just keep doubting yourselves like that. Its heart breaking. YOU have something to live for! Even when you don't think you do...You do!" she sighed and shook her head.

It was so hard for her to convey these feelings, every time the subject of the Floor Boss was brought up, it was a grim tale of death and disaster and they haven't even started yet. There was no positive thinking, there was no egotistical boasting, it was all sad and melancholy.Were people like this in the real world? How vastly different they were from her. Opal may have not be the most positive thinker, but every test she was given...she normally aced because of a strong will to study, to learn and to achieve. 

"Win!" Opal said to Lowenthal, "I want you to win! This is not a request, this is a demand. Win and survive the battle. You are no longer a person that can be so selfish as to talk as life is going to end. Once you created The Velvet Room  you took on the responsibility of others, you are now obligated to live because of them. I don't want to ask anything else of you, but to win and survive."

Opal stood up from the bed, she looked at him with a serious look and she rarely did that, so when she did, she meant business. It might be difficult to swallow, but all these people had a meaning in life a reason to be here now. You can't accomplish anything when you are dead. You can give people a dream, but dreams fade if everything around you falls apart. "You understand what I am saying, ya know?"   

Lowenthal shook his head in confusion. "Look, I didn't say that I was going to die. I only said that I might. Jeez." He said, rubbing his arm. "I'm going to come back, and with a nice loot drop around my waist as well." Lowenthal said, crossing his arms. Lowenthal paued and stood up off his bed so he could look at Opal in her eyes. "I made Velvet Room. Not so I could be a leader. I made it so that people can have a place called home, and people to call family. I am not obligated to anyone. My sister? Gone. My real life friends? Dead. My first lover? Walked out on me. So please, forgive me if I feel like people owe me for a change." Lowenthal said his tone changing. "I don't mean, to offend you. But I, don't feel as if I owe people anything. Even if i live through this death game. I'll go home, only to see the graves of my sister, and my friends. And I don't know if I can." Lowenthal said, running his hand through his hair.

Opal bit her lower lip when the sudden change of the atmosphere occurred. Perhaps she was a bit ignorant to the fact of his own life, and she just blurted out whatever came to mind at the time. It just made her angry about all those things...This death game was stressful enough, but adding insult to injury. She lowered her eyes from him and then away staring blankly at the floor. Her hands went up to her chest and she clasped the chain he had given her.

"I'm sorry, Lowenthal. I didn't know...I just don't want to see anymore good people die. No more friends need to have their names scratched off the Monument, ya know. I'm sorry for what I said...I do that. I just gab and talk as if I know the entire world around me. I'm foolish for thinking those things..I just honestly don't know what to say right now..." Opal sighed and smoothed the hair over her shoulder and hugged her chest with her arms, "I don't wanna leave on weird terms with you. So I hope you can accept my apology for my...girly outburst there. I shall add it to the list for the number of things that needs to be changed  when I leave." she said giving a small smile in exchange for his tone. 

Lowenthal sighed, as he stepped closer to Opal. He wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her into a hug. "Don't apologize. I'm the one who's sorry." Lowenthal said, apologizing. "There are my issues, and mine to deal with. Not to shove them off onto other people." He let go of Opal, and took a step back. He smiled back at Opal, and threw a punch into the air above him. "Hoo Ahh! Alright! No more sad stuff!" He said, making a triumphant pose. "Tomorrow's a new day! And I'm going to make the most of it! And when that day comes to a close, the next day will come. And it will be even better than the last." Lowenthal said, lowering his fist down to his side. "MARK MY WORDS...! This kunai, will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will be a path for those behind us. The dreams of those who have fallen! The hopes of those who will follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow! And THAT'S Velvet Room!" Lowenthal said, quoting one of his favorite animes, and pointing his kunai to the ceiling. 

Honey eyes went wide as she was not expecting the soft hug given from her friend. She relaxed in his arms and moved her hands outwards and around him to embrace him. She nuzzled lightly before being released and she almost jumped back in fright from his words, her eyes had gone wide again from disbelief of the incredible change in his demeanor once more, but she was pleased that he bounced back from that 'other' side of him. She gave a warm smile after his speech, it was quite motivating to hear those words from him, "You are so adorable, Lowenthal," she giggled. 

She placed a hand on his fist and wrapped her small hands over his knuckles, "You and the Velvet Room, along side with me~ We'll make something special out of this world. I would follow you into the depths of Hell...err...so long as it's not that desert like heat...cause that really does a number on my hair and skin...always have to moisturize. BUT...yeah, more or less..." she said squinting slightly with a smile, "Also don't apologize to me about what you said. It's just another lesson learned from the bratty girl who thinks she knows everything from everyone. I'm really glad I got a chance to meet you, Lowe. You are a really great guy, a wonderful friend and even a better person. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

She stretched her arms upwards to the sky and then flicked through her menu summing up the general time, "I don't have much time left. I should be going pretty soon. Any last words before I make off with your heart?" she asked slyly, in a way only Opal could say.  

Lowenthal thought for a moment, as what he should say in this moment. He had to choose them carefully, as these words would be the last Opal heard of ihm before she left for who knew how long. The words, came to him. And in his mind, the greatest line of all of time and space. In all of Aincrad, even the the games in the future, and past. "Yeah. Take good care of it, will ya'." Lowenthal said, giving a sly wink as he said the words. Lowenthal grinned for a bit longer, before giving Opal a warm smile as she left.